Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:51 am
Isaiah
Chapter 42
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Behold my seruant whome I vphold, mine elect in whom my soule delighteth: I haue put my Spirit vpon him, he shall bring forth iudgement to the Gentiles.

2 Hee shall not crie, nor lift vp, nor cause his voyce to bee heard in the streete.

3 A bruised reed shall he not breake, and the smoking flaxe shall hee not quench: he shall bring forth iudgment vnto trueth.

4 He shall not faile nor be discouraged, till he haue set iudgement in the earth: and the yles shall waite for his lawe.

5 ¶ Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heauens, and stretched them out, he that spread foorth the earth and that which commeth out of it, he that giueth breath vnto the people vpon it, and spirit to them that walke therein:

6 I the Lord haue called thee in righteousnes, and wil hold thine hand, and will keepe thee, and giue thee for a couenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles:

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkenesse out of the prison house.

8 I am the Lord; that is my name, and my glory will I not giue to another, neither my praise to grauen images.

9 Behold, the former things are come to passe, and new things doe I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10 Sing vnto the Lord a newe song, and his praise from the end of the earth: yee that goe downe to the sea, and all that is therein; the yles, and the inhabitants thereof.

11 Let the wildernes and the cities thereof lift vp their voyce, the villages that Kedar doeth inhabite: let the inhabitants of the rocke sing, let them shoute from the top of the mountaines.

12 Let them giue glory vnto the Lord, and declare his praise in the Ilands.

13 The Lord shall goe foorth as a mighty man, he shall stirre vp iealousie like a man of warre: he shall cry, yea roare; hee shall preuaile against his enemies.

14 I haue long time holden my peace, I haue bene still and refrained my selfe: now wil I cry like a trauailing woman, I will destroy and deuoure at once.

15 I will make waste mountaines and hilles, and dry vp all their herbes, and I will make the riuers Ilands, and I will dry vp the pooles.

16 And I will bring the blinde by a way that they knew not, I will lead them in pathes that they haue not knowen: I wil make darkenesse light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I doe vnto them, and not forsake them.

17 ¶ They shall be turned backe, they shalbe greatly ashamed, that trust in grauen images, that say to the moulten images; Ye are our gods.

18 Heare ye deafe, and looke ye blinde that ye may see.

19 Who is blinde, but my seruant? or deafe, as my messenger that I sent? who is blinde as he that is perfit, and blinde as the Lords seruant?

20 Seeing many things, but thou obseruest not: opening the eares, but he heareth not.

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousnes sake, he will magnifie the Law, and make it honourable.

22 But this is a people robbed and spoiled, they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a praye, & none deliuereth; for a spoile, and none saith, Restore.

23 Who among you will giue eare to this? who will hearken, and heare for the time to come?

24 Who gaue Iacob for a spoile, and Israel to the robbers? Did not the Lord, hee, against whom wee haue sinned? For they would not walke in his wayes, neither were they obedient vnto his Law.

25 Therefore he hath powred vpon him the furie of his anger, and the strength of battell: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet hee knew not; and it burned him, yet hee layed it not to heart.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 am
Isaiah
Chapter 43

1 But now thus sayeth the Lord that created thee, O Iacob, and hee that formed thee, O Israel; Feare not: for I haue redeemed thee, I haue called thee by thy name, thou art mine.

2 When thou passest through the waters, I wil be with thee; and through the riuers, they shal not ouerflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burnt; neither shall the flame kindle vpon thee.

3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy one of Israel, thy Sauiour: I gaue Egypt for thy ransome, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast bene honourable, and I haue loued thee: therefore will I giue men for thee, and people for thy life.

5 Feare not, for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the East, and gather thee from the West.

6 I wil say to the North, Giue vp; and to the South, Keepe not backe: bring my sonnes from farre, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

7 Euen euery one that is called by my Name: for I haue created him for my glory, I haue formed him, yea I haue made him.

8 ¶ Bring foorth the blinde people, that haue eyes; and the deafe that haue eares.

9 Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew vs former things? let them bring foorth their witnesses, that they may be iustified: or let them heare, and say, It is trueth.

10 Yee are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my seruant whom I haue chosen: that ye may know and beleeue me, and vnderstand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, euen I am the Lord, and beside me there is no Sauiour.

12 I haue declared, and haue saued, and I haue shewed, when there was no strange God among you: therefore yee are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.

13 Yea before the day was, I am hee; and there is none that can deliuer out of my hand: I will worke, and who shall let it?

14 ¶ Thus sayth the Lord your Redeemer, the Holy one of Israel; For your sake I haue sent to Babylon, and haue brought downe all their nobles, and the Caldeans, whose crie is in the shippes.

15 I am the Lord, your Holy one, the Creatour of Israel, your King.

16 Thus sayth the Lord, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mightie waters:

17 Which bringeth foorth the charet and horse, the armie and the power: they shall lie downe together, they shall not rise: they are extinct, they are quenched as towe.

18 ¶ Remember yee not the former things, neither consider the things of olde.

19 Behold, I will doe a new thing: now it shall spring foorth, shall yee not know it? I will euen make a way in the wildernesse, and riuers in the desert.

20 The beast of the field shall honor mee, the dragons and the owles, because I giue waters in the wildernesse, and riuers in the desert, to giue drinke to my people, my chosen.

21 This people haue I formed for my selfe, they shall shewe foorth my praise.

22 ¶ But thou hast not called vpon me, O Iacob, but thou hast beene wearie of me, O Israel.

23 Thou hast not brought mee the small cattell of thy burnt offrings, neither hast thou honoured mee with thy sacrifices. I haue not caused thee to serue with an offring, nor wearied thee with incense.

24 Thou hast bought mee no sweete cane with money, neither hast thou filled mee with the fat of thy sacrifices: but thou hast made mee to serue with thy sins, thou hast wearied mee with thine iniquities.

25 I, euen I am hee that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine owne sake, and will not remember thy sinnes.

26 Put mee in remembrance: let vs plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest bee iustified.

27 Thy first father hath sinned, and thy teachers haue transgressed against mee.

28 Therefore I haue profaned the princes of the Sanctuarie, and haue giuen Iacob to the curse, and Israel to reproches.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:36 am
Isaiah
Chapter 44

1 Yet now heare, O Iacob my seruant, and Israel whom I haue chosen.

2 Thus sayeth the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the wombe, which wil helpe thee: Feare not, O Iacob, my seruant, and thou Iesurun, whom I haue chosen.

3 For I will powre water vpon him that is thirstie, and floods vpon the dry ground: I will powre my spirit vpon thy seede, and my blessing vpon thine offspring:

4 And they shall spring vp as among the grasse, as willowes by the water courses.

5 One shall say, I am the Lords: and another shall call himselfe by the name of Iacob: and another shall subscribe with his hand vnto the Lord, and surname himselfe by the name of Israel.

6 Thus saith the Lord the king of Israel and his redeemer the Lord of hostes, I am the first, and I am the last, and besides me there is no God.

7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are comming, and shall come? let them shew vnto them.

8 Feare yee not, neither be afraid: haue not I told thee from that time, and haue declared it? yee are euen my witnesses. Is there a God besides me? yea there is no God, I know not any.

9 ¶ They that make a grauen image are all of them vanitie, and their delectable things shall not profit, and they are their owne witnesses, they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.

10 Who hath formed a God, or moulten a grauen image that is profitable for nothing?

11 Behold, all his fellowes shall be ashamed: and the workemen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand vp; yet they shal feare, and they shalbe ashamed together.

12 The smith with the tonges both worketh in the coales, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his armes: yea he is hungrie, and his strength faileth; hee drinketh no water, and is faint.

13 The carpenter stretcheth out his rule: he maketh it out with the line: he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compasse, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beautie of a man; that it may remaine in the house.

14 He heweth him downe cedars, and taketh the Cypresse and the Oke, which he strengthneth for himselfe among the trees of the forrest: he planteth an Ashe, and the raine doth nourish it.

15 Then shall it bee for a man to burne: for hee will take thereof and warme himselfe; yea he kindleth it and baketh bread; yea he maketh a God, and worshippeth it: he maketh it a grauen image, and falleth downe thereto.

16 He burneth part thereof in the fire: with part thereof he eateth flesh: he rosteth rost, and is satisfied: yea hee warmeth himselfe, and saith; Aha, I am warme, I haue seene the fire.

17 And the residue thereof he maketh a God, euen his grauen image: hee falleth downe vnto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth vnto it, and saith; Deliuer me, for thou art my God.

18 They haue not knowen, nor vnderstood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot vnderstand.

19 And none considereth in his heart, neither is there knowledge nor vnderstanding to say; I haue burnt part of it in the fire, yea also I haue baked bread vpon the coales thereof: I haue rosted flesh and eaten it; and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination? shall I fall downe to the stocke of a tree?

20 He feedeth of ashes: a deceiued heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliuer his soule, nor say; Is there not a lie in my right hand?

21 ¶ Remember these (O Iacob and Israel) for thou art my seruant: I haue formed thee: thou art my seruant, O Israel; thou shalt not be forgotten of me.

22 I haue blotted out, as a thicke cloude, thy transgressions, and as a a cloud, thy sinnes: returne vnto me, for I haue redeemed thee.

23 Sing, O yee heauens; for the Lord hath done it: shout yee lower parts of the earth: breake forth into singing yee mountaines, O forrest and euery tree therein: for the Lord hath redeemed Iacob, and glorified himselfe in Israel.

24 Thus saith the Lord thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the wombe; I am the Lord that maketh all things, that stretcheth forth the heauens alone, that spreadeth abroad the earth by my selfe:

25 That frustrateth the tokens of the lyers, and maketh diuiners mad, that turneth wisemen backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish:

26 That confirmeth the word of his seruant, and performeth the counsell of his messengers, that saith to Ierusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Iudah, Yee shall be built, and I will raise vp the decayed places thereof.

27 That saith to the deepe; Be dry, and I will drie vp thy riuers.

28 That saith of Cyrus, Hee is my shepheard, and shall performe all my pleasure, euen saying to Ierusalem, Thou shalt be built, and to the Temple, Thy foundation shalbe laid.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:42 am
Isaiah
Chapter 45

1 Thus saith the Lord to his Anointed, to Cyrus whose right hande I haue holden, to subdue nations before him: and I will loose the loines of kings to open before him the two leaued gates, and the gates shall not be shut.

2 I will goe before thee, and make the crooked places straight, I wil break in pieces the gates of brasse, and cut in sunder the barres of yron.

3 And I will giue thee the treasures of darkenesse, & hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know, that I the Lord which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

4 For Iacob my seruants sake, and Israel mine elect, I haue euen called thee by thy name: I haue surnamed thee, though thou hast not knowen me.

5 ¶ I am the Lord, and there is none els, there is no God besides me: I girded thee, though thou hast not knowen me:

6 That they may knowe from the rising of the Sun, and from the West, that there is none besides me, I am the Lord, and there is none else.

7 I forme the light, and create darkenesse: I make peace, and create euill: I the Lord do all these things.

8 Drop downe, ye heauens, from aboue, and let the skies powre downe righteousnesse: let the earth open, and let them bring forth saluation, and let righteousnesse spring vp together: I the Lord haue created it.

9 Woe vnto him that striueth with his maker: Let the potsheard striue with the potsheards of the earth: shal the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy worke, he hath no hands?

10 Woe vnto him that saith vnto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

11 Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his maker, Aske me of things to come concerning my sonnes, and concerning the worke of my hands command ye me.

12 I haue made the earth, and created man vpon it: I, euen my handes haue stretched out the heauens, and all their hoste haue I commanded.

13 I haue raised him vp in righteousnesse, and I will direct all his wayes: he shall build my citie, and hee shall let goe my captiues, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia, and of the Sabeans, men of stature shall come ouer vnto thee, and they shall be thine, they shall come after thee, in chaines they shall come ouer: and they shal fall downe vnto thee, they shal make supplication vnto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee, and there is none else, there is no god.

15 Uerely thou art a God that hidest thy selfe, O God of Israel the Sauiour.

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded all of them: they shall goe to confusion together that are makers of idoles.

17 But Israel shall bee saued in the Lord with an euerlasting saluation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heauens, God himselfe that formed the earth and made it, hee hath established it, he created it not in vaine, he formed it to be inhabited, I am the Lord, and there is none else.

19 I haue not spoken in secret, in a darke place of the earth: I said not vnto the seed of Iacob, Seeke ye mee in vaine: I the Lord speake righteousnesse, I declare things that are right.

20 ¶ Assemble your selues and come: draw neere together ye that are escaped of the nations: they haue no knowledge that set vp the wood of their grauen image, and pray vnto a god that cannot saue.

21 Tell ye and bring them neere, yea let them take counsell together, who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? Haue not I the Lord ? and there is no God else beside me, a iust God and a Sauiour, there is none beside me.

22 Looke vnto mee, and be ye saued all the endes of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I haue sworne by my selfe: the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousnes, and shall not returne, that vnto me euery knee shall bowe, euery tongue shall sweare.

24 Surely, shall one say, In the Lord haue I righteousnesse and strength: euen to him shall men come, and all that are incensed against him, shalbe ashamed.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be iustified, and shall glory.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 am
Isaiah
Chapter 46

1 Bel boweth downe, Nebo stoupeth, their idoles were vpon the beasts, and vpon the cattell: your carriages were heauie loaden, they are a burden to the wearie beast.

2 They stoupe, they bow downe together, they could not deliuer the burden, but themselues are gone into captiuitie.

3 ¶ Hearken vnto me, O house of Iacob, and al the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me, from the belly, which are caried from the wombe.

4 And euen to your old age I am he, and euen to hoare haires will I cary you: I haue made, and I will beare, euen I wil cary and wil deliuer you.

5 ¶ To whom wil ye liken me, and make me equall, and compare me, that we may be like?

6 They lauish gold out of the bagge, and weigh siluer in the balance, and hire a goldsmith, and hee maketh it a god: they fall downe, yea they worship.

7 They beare him vpon the shoulder, they cary him and set him in his place, and hee standeth; from his place shall he not remooue: yea one shall cry vnto him, yet can he not answere, nor saue him out of his trouble.

8 Remember this, and shew your selues men: bring it againe to minde, O ye transgressours.

9 Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is none else, I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsell shall stand, and I wil doe all my pleasure:

11 Calling a rauenous bird from the East, the man that executeth my counsell from a farre countrey; yea I haue spoken it, I will also bring it to passe, I haue purposed it, I will also doe it.

12 ¶ Hearken vnto me, ye stout hearted, that are farre from righteousnesse.

13 I bring neere my righteousnesse: it shall not bee farre off, and my saluation shall not tarie; and I wil place saluation in Zion for Israel my glorie.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 am
Isaiah
Chapter 47

1 Come downe and sit in the dust: O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Caldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.

2 Take the milstones and grinde meale, vncouer thy lockes: make bare the legge: vncouer the thigh, passe ouer the riuers.

3 Thy nakednes shalbe vncouered, yea thy shame shalbe seene: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.

4 As for our redeemer, the Lord of hostes is his Name, the Holy one of Israel.

5 Sit thou silent, and get thee into darknes, O daughter of the Caldeans: for thou shalt no more be called the Ladie of kingdomes.

6 ¶ I was wroth with my people: I haue polluted mine inheritance, and giuen them into thine hand: thou didst shew them no mercy; vpon the ancient hast thou very heauily layed the yoke.

7 ¶ And thou saydst, I shall bee a Ladie for euer: so that thou didst not lay these things to thy heart, neither didst remember the later end of it.

8 Therefore heare now this, thou that art giuen to pleasures, that dwellest carelesly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else besides mee, I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the losse of children.

9 But these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day; the losse of children, and widowhood; they shall come vpon thee in their perfection, for the multitude of thy sorceries, and for the great abundance of thine inchantments.

10 ¶ For thou hast trusted in thy wickednesse: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisedome and thy knowledge, it hath peruerted thee, and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else besides me.

11 ¶ Therefore shall euill come vpon thee, thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischiefe shall fall vpon thee, thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come vpon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.

12 Stand now with thine inchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profite, if so be thou mayest preuaile.

13 Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels: let now the astrologers, the starre-gazers, the monethly prognosticators stand vp, and saue thee from these things that shall come vpon thee.

14 Behold, they shall be as stubble: the fire shall burne them, they shall not deliuer themselues from the power of the flame: there shall not bee a coale to warme at, nor fire to sit before it.

15 Thus shal they be vnto thee with whom thou hast laboured, euen thy merchants from thy youth, they shall wander euery one to his quarter: none shall saue thee.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am
Isaiah
Chapter 48

1 Heare yee this, O house of Iacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come foorth out of the waters of Iudah; which sweare by the Name of the Lord, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in trueth nor in righteousnes.

2 For they call themselues of the holy city, and stay themselues vpon the God of Israel, the Lord of hostes is his Name.

3 I haue declared the former things from the beginning: and they went foorth out of my mouth, and I shewed them, I did them suddenly, and they came to passe.

4 Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy necke is an yron sinew, and thy brow brasse:

5 I haue euen from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to passe I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idole hath done them, and my grauen image, and my molten image hath commanded them.

6 Thou hast heard, see all this, and will not yee declare it? I haue shewed thee new things from this time, euen hidden things, and thou didst not know them.

7 They are created now, and not from the beginning, euen before the day when thou heardest them not; lest thou shouldest say, Behold, I knew them.

8 Yea thou heardest not, yea thou knewest not, yea from that time that thine eare was not opened: for I knew that thou wouldest deale very treacherously, and wast called a transgressour from the wombe.

9 ¶ For my names sake will I deferre mine anger, and for my praise will I refraine for thee, that I cut thee not off.

10 Behold, I haue refined thee, but not with siluer; I haue chosen thee in the fornace of affliction.

11 For mine owne sake, euen for mine owne sake will I doe it; for how should my Name bee polluted? And I will not giue my glory vnto another.

12 ¶ Hearken vnto me, O Iacob, and Israel my called; I am hee, I am the first, I also am the last.

13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heauens: when I call vnto them, they stand vp together.

14 All yee assemble your selues and heare: which among them hath declared these things? the Lord hath loued him: hee will doe his pleasure on Babylon, and his arme shall be on the Caldeans.

15 I, euen I haue spoken, yea I haue called him: I haue brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.

16 ¶ Come ye neere vnto me; heare ye this; I haue not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I; and now the Lord God and his Spirit hath sent me.

17 Thus saith the Lord thy redeemer, the holy one of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest goe.

18 O that thou haddest hearkened to my commandements! then had thy peace beene as a riuer, and thy righteousnesse as the waues of the sea.

19 Thy seede also had beene as the sand, and the ofspring of thy bowels like the grauell thereof: his name should not haue beene cut off, nor destroyed from before me.

20 ¶ Goe yee forth of Babylon: flee yee from the Caldeans, with a voyce of singing, declare yee, tell this, vtter it euen to the end of the earth: say yee; The Lord hath redeemed his seruant Iacob.

21 And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts; he caused the waters to flow out of the rocke for them: he claue the rocke also, and the waters gushed out.

22 There is no peace, saith the Lord, vnto the wicked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 am
Isaiah
Chapter 49

1 Listen, O yles, vnto me, and hearken yee people from farre. The Lord hath called mee from the wombe, from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharpe sword, in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made mee a polished shaft; in his quiuer hath hee hid me,

3 And sayd vnto me; Thou art my seruant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

4 Then I said; I haue laboured in vaine, I haue spent my strength for nought, and in vaine, yet surely my iudgement is with the Lord, and my worke with my God.

5 ¶ And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the wombe to be his seruant, to bring Iacob againe to him; Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall bee my strength.

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my seruant to raise vp the tribes of Iacob, and to restore the preserued of Israel: I will also giue thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my saluation, vnto the end of the earth.

7 Thus saith the Lord the redeemer of Israel, and his holy one, to him whom man dispiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a seruant of rulers; Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord, that is faithfull, and the holy one of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time haue I heard thee, and in a day of saluation haue I helped thee: and I will preserue thee, and giue thee for a couenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherite the desolate heritages:

9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Goe forth; to them that are in darkenesse, Shewe your selues: they shall feede in the wayes, and their pastures shalbe in all high places.

10 They shall not hunger nor thirst, neither shall the heate nor sunne smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, euen by the springs of water shall he guide them.

11 And I will make all my mountaines a way, and my high wayes shall be exalted.

12 Behold, these shall come from far: and loe, these from the North and from the West, and these from the land of Sinim.

13 ¶ Sing, O heauen, and be ioyfull, O earth, and breake forth into singing, O mountaines: for God hath comforted his people, and will haue mercy vpon his afflicted.

14 But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not haue compassion on the sonne of her wombe? yea they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

16 Behold, I haue grauen thee vpon the palmes of my hands: thy walles are continually before mee.

17 Thy children shal make haste, thy destroyers, and they that made thee waste, shall goe forth of thee.

18 ¶ Lift vp thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselues together and come to thee: as I liue, saith the Lord, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee as a bride doeth.

19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction shall euen now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee vp, shall bee farre away.

20 The children which thou shalt haue, after thou hast lost the other, shall say againe in thine eares, The place is too straight for me: giue place to mee that I may dwell.

21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I haue lost my children and am desolate, a captiue and remouing to and fro? and who hath brought vp these? Beholde, I was left alone, these where had they beene?

22 Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I will lift vp mine hand to the Gentiles, and set vp my standerd to the people: and they shall bring thy sonnes in their armes: and thy daughters shal be caried vpon their shoulders.

23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queenes thy nursing mothers: they shall bow downe to thee with their face toward the earth, and licke vp the dust of thy feete, and thou shalt know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that waite for me.

24 ¶ Shall the pray be taken from the mightie, or the lawfull captiue deliuered?

25 But thus saith the Lord, Euen the captiues of the mightie shall be taken away, and the pray of the terrible shall be deliuered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will saue thy children.

26 And I will feede them that oppresse thee, with their owne flesh, and they shall be drunken with their owne blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Sauiour and thy Redeemer, the mightie One of Iacob.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 am
Isaiah
Chapter 50

1 Thus saith the Lord, Where is the bill of your mothers diuorcement, whom I haue put away? or which of my creditours is it to whom I haue sold you? Behold, for your iniquities haue you solde your selues, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

2 Wherefore when I came was there no man? when I called, was there none to answere? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeeme? or haue I no power to deliuer? Beholde, at my rebuke I drie vp the sea: I make the riuers a wildernes: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.

3 I clothe the heauens with blackenesse, and I make sackcloth their couering.

4 The Lord God hath giuen me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speake a worde in season to him that is wearie: hee wakeneth morning by morning, hee wakeneth mine eare to heare as the learned.

5 ¶ The Lord God hath opened mine eare, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away backe.

6 I gaue my backe to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the haire: I hidde not my face from shame and spitting.

7 ¶ For the Lord God will helpe me, therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore haue I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not bee ashamed.

8 He is neere that iustifieth me, who will contend with me? let vs stand together: who is mine aduersarie? let him come neere to me.

9 Behold, the Lord God wil helpe me, who is he that shall condemne mee? Loe, they all shall waxe olde as a garment: the moth shall eate them vp.

10 ¶ Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voyce of his seruant, that walketh in darkenesse and hath no light? let him trust in the Name of the Lord, and stay vpon his God.

11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compasse your selues about with sparks: walke in the light of your fire, and in the sparkes that ye haue kindled. This shall ye haue of mine hand, yee shall lie downe in sorrow.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am
Isaiah
Chapter 51

1 Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousnesse, ye that seeke the Lord: looke vnto the rocke whence yee are hewen, and to the hole of the pitte whence ye are digged.

2 Looke vnto Abraham your father, and vnto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.

3 For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he wil comfort all her waste places, and he wil make her wildernes like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord: ioy and gladnesse shalbe found therein, thankesgiuing, and the voice of melody.

4 ¶ Hearken vnto me, my people, and giue eare vnto me, O my nation: for a Law shall proceed from mee, and I will make my iudgement to rest for a light of the people.

5 My righteousnes is neere: my saluation is gone foorth, and mine armes shall iudge the people: the Iles shall wait vpon me, and on mine arme shall they trust.

6 Lift vp your eyes to the heauens, and looke vpon the earth beneath: for the heauens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall waxe old like a garment, and they that dwel therein shall die in like maner: but my saluation shal be for euer, and my righteousnes shall not be abolished.

7 ¶ Hearken vnto me ye that know righteousnesse, the people in whose heart is my Law: Feare ye not the reproch of men, neither be yee afraid of their reuilings.

8 For the moth shall eate them vp like a garment, and the worme shal eate them like wooll: but my righteousnes shalbe for euer; and my saluation from generation to generation.

9 ¶ Awake, awake, put on strength, O arme of the Lord, awake as in the ancient dayes, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deepe, that hath made the depthes of the sea a way for the ransomed to passe ouer?

11 Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall returne, and come with singing vnto Zion, and euerlasting ioy shalbe vpon their head: they shall obtaine gladnesse and ioy, and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

12 I, euen I am hee that comforteth you, who art thou that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the sonne of man which shall bee made as grasse?

13 And forgettest the Lord thy maker that hath stretched foorth the heauens, and layed the foundations of the earth? and hast feared continually euery day, because of the furie of the oppressour, as if hee were ready to destroy? and where is the furie of the oppressour?

14 The captiue exile hasteneth that he may be loosed, and that hee should not die in the pit, nor that his bread should faile.

15 But I am the Lord thy God, that diuided the sea, whose waues roared: the Lord of hosts is his Name.

16 And I haue put my wordes in thy mouth, and haue couered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heauens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say vnto Zion, Thou art my people.

17 ¶ Awake, awake, stand vp, O Ierusalem, which hast drunke at the hand of the Lord the cup of his furie; thou hast drunken the dregges of the cup of trembling, and wrung them out.

18 There is none to guide her among all the sonnes whom shee hath brought foorth: neither is there any that taketh her by the hand, of all the sonnes that she hath brought vp.

19 These two things are come vnto thee; who shall be sorie for thee? desolation and destruction, and the famine and the sword: by whom shall I comfort thee?

20 Thy sonnes haue fainted, they lie at the head of all the streetes as a wilde bull in a net; they are full of the furie of the Lord, the rebuke of thy God.

21 ¶ Therefore heare now this thou afflicted and drunken, but not with wine.

22 Thus saith thy Lord, the Lord and thy God that pleadeth the cause of his people, Behold, I haue taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, euen the dregges of the cup of my furie: thou shalt no more drinke it againe.

23 But I will put it into the hand of them that afflict thee: which haue said to thy soule, Bow downe that wee may goe ouer: and thou hast laide thy body as the ground, and as the streete to them that went ouer.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:40 am
Isaiah
Chapter 52

1 Awake, awake, put on thy strength, O Zion, put on thy beautifull garments, O Ierusalem the holy citie: for hencefoorth there shall no more come into thee the vncircumcised, and the vncleane.

2 Shake thy selfe from the dust: arise, and sit downe, O Ierusalem: loose thy selfe from the bandes of thy necke, O captiue daughter of Zion.

3 For thus sayth the Lord, Yee haue solde your selues for nought: and ye shall be redeemed without money.

4 For thus saith the Lord God, My people went downe aforetime into Egypt to soiourne there, and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.

5 Now therefore, what haue I here, sayth the Lord, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule ouer them, make them to howle, sayth the Lord, and my Name continually euery day is blasphemed.

6 Therefore my people shall know my Name: therefore they shall know in that day, that I am he that doth speake. Behold, it is I.

7 ¶ How beautifull vpon the mountaines are the feete of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace, that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth saluation, that sayth vnto Zion, Thy God reigneth?

8 Thy watchmen shall lift vp the voice, with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye when the Lord shall bring againe Zion.

9 ¶ Breake foorth into ioy, sing together, yee waste places of Ierusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Ierusalem.

10 The Lord hath made bare his holy arme in the eyes of all the nations, and all the endes of the earth shall see the saluation of our God.

11 ¶ Depart ye, depart ye, goe ye out from thence, touch no vncleane thing; goe ye out of the middest of her; be yee cleane, that beare the vessels of the Lord.

12 For ye shall not go out with haste, nor goe by flight: for the Lord will goe before you: and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

13 ¶ Behold, my seruant shal deale prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

14 As many were astonied at thee (his visage was so marred more then any man, and his forme more then the sonnes of men:.)

15 So shall hee sprinckle many nations, the kings shall shut their mouthes at him: for that which had not beene told them, shall they see, and that which they had not heard, shall they consider.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 am
Isaiah
Chapter 53

1 Who hath beleeued our report? and to whom is the arme of the Lord reuealed?

2 For he shall grow vp before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a drie ground: hee hath no forme nor comelinesse: and when wee shall see him, there is no beautie that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and reiected of men, a man ofsorrows, and acquainted with griefe: and we hid as it were our faces from him; hee was despised, and wee esteemed him not.

4 ¶ Surely he hath borne our griefes, and caried our sorrowes: yet we did esteeme him striken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was vpon him, and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheepe haue gone astray: we haue turned euery one to his owne way, and the Lord hath layd on him the iniquitie of vs all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lambe to the slaughter, and as a sheepe before her shearers is dumme, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison, and from iudgement: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the liuing, for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his graue with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 ¶ Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him, he hath put him to griefe: when thou shalt make his soule an offring for sinne, he shall see his seede, hee shall prolong his daies, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the trauell of his soule, and shalbe satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous seruant iustifie many: for hee shall beare their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I diuide him a portion with the great, and he shall diuide the spoile with the strong: because hee hath powred out his soule vnto death: and he was numbred with the transgressours, and he bare the sinne of many, and made intercession for the transgressours.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 am
Isaiah
Chapter 54

1 Sing O barren thou that didst not beare; breake forth into singing, and crie aloud thou that didst not trauell with child: for more are the children of the desolate then the children of the maried wife, saith the Lord.

2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtaines of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes.

3 For thou shalt breake forth on the right hand, and on the left; and thy seed shall inherite the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

4 Feare not: for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded, for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

5 For thy maker is thine husband, (the Lord of hostes is his name;.) and thy redeemer the holy one of Israel, the God of the whole earth shall he be called.

6 For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken, and grieued in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

7 For a small moment haue I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8 In a litle wrath I hid my face from thee, for a moment; but with euerlasting kindnesse will I haue mercie on thee, saith the Lord thy redeemer.

9 For this is as the waters of Noah vnto me: for as I haue sworne that the waters of Noah should no more goe ouer the earth; so haue I sworne that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

10 For the mountaines shall depart, and the hilles be remoued, but my kindnesse shall not depart from thee, neither shall the couenant of my peace be remoued, saith the Lord, that hath mercie on thee.

11 ¶ Oh thou afflicted, tossed with tempest and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with faire colours, and lay thy foundations with Saphires.

12 And I will make thy windowes of Agates, and thy gates of Carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.

13 And all thy children shalbe taught of the Lord, and great shalbe the peace of thy children.

14 In righteousnesse shalt thou be established: thou shalt be farre from oppression, for thou shalt not feare; & from terrour, for it shall not come neere thee.

15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoeuer shal gather together against thee, shall fall for thy sake.

16 Behold, I haue created the smith that bloweth the coales in the fire, and that bringeth foorth an instrument for his worke, and I haue created the waster to destroy.

17 ¶ No weapon that is formed against thee, shall prosper, and euery tongue that shall rise against thee in iudgement, thou shalt condemne. This is the heritage of the seruants of the Lord, and their righteousnesse is of me, saith the Lord.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:07 pm
Isaiah
Chapter 55

1 Ho, euery one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money: come ye, buy and eate, yea come, buy wine and milke without money, and without price.

2 Wherefore doe yee spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently vnto me, and eate ye that which is good, and let your soule delight it selfe in fatnesse.

3 Incline your eare, and come vnto me: heare, and your soule shall liue, and I will make an euerlasting couenant with you, euen the sure mercies of Dauid.

4 Behold, I haue giuen him for a witnesse to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee, shall runne vnto thee, because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel, for he hath glorified thee.

6 ¶ Seeke ye the Lord, while he may be found, call ye vpon him while he is neere.

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, & the vnrighteous man his thoughts: and let him returne vnto the Lord, and he will haue mercie vpon him, and to our God, for hee will abundantly pardon.

8 ¶ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your wayes my wayes, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heauens are higher then the earth, so are my wayes higher then your wayes, and my thoughts then your thouhts.

10 For as the raine commeth down, and the snow from heauen, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring foorth and bud, that it may giue seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11 So shall my word bee that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not returne vnto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

12 For ye shall goe out with ioy, and bee led foorth with peace: the mountaines and the hilles shall breake forth before you into singing, and al the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

13 In stead of the thorne shall come vp the Firre tree, and in stead of the brier shall come vp the Myrtle tree, and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an euerlasting signe that shall not bee cut off.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:52 am
Isaiah
Chapter 56

1 Thus saith the Lord, Keepe yee iudgement, and doe iustice: for my saluation is neere to come, and my righteousnesse to bee reuealed.

2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the sonne of man that layeth holde on it: that keepeth the Sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any euill.

3 ¶ Neither let the sonne of the stranger, that hath ioyned himselfe to the Lord, speake, saying, The Lord hath vtterly separated mee from his people: neither let the Eunuch say, Behold, I am a drie tree.

4 For thus saith the Lord vnto the Eunuches that keep my Sabbaths, and choose the things that please mee, and take hold of my couenant:

5 Euen vnto them will I giue in mine house, and within my walles, a place and a name better then of sonnes and of daughters: I wil giue them an euerlasting name, that shal not be cut off.

6 Also the sonnes of the stranger that ioyne themselues to the Lord, to serue him, and to loue the Name of the Lord, to be his seruants, euery one that keepeth the Sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my Couenant:

7 Euen them will I bring to my holy mountaine, and make them ioyfull in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted vpon mine Altar: for mine house shalbe called an house of prayer for all people.

8 The Lord God which gathereth the outcasts of Israel, saith, Yet will I gather others to him, besides those that are gathered vnto him.

9 ¶ All ye beasts of the field, come to deuoure, yea all ye beasts in the forest.

10 His watchmen are blinde: they are all ignorant, they are all dumbe dogs, they cannot barke; sleeping, lying downe, louing to slumber.

11 Yea they are greedy dogges which can neuer haue ynough, and they are shepheards that cannot vnderstand: they all looke to their owne way, euery one for his gaine, from his quarter.

12 Come ye, say they, I wil fetch wine, and we will fill our selues with strong drinke, and to morrow shal be as this day, and much more abundant.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games