Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Revenge would frown at Abby's suggestion. "I'm... not terribly comfortable with the idea. I'd like to discuss it with you, but it can wait until after this meeting, at least."

Still holding Abby's hands, he would sigh... but suddenly turn to Petra when spoke up. He would look to Abby and Twyla, then back to Petra once more, before finally addressing the first two.

"You two go on ahead in. Abby, you hired Valac as a bodyguard, so you should be fine without me there. If we hear fighting break out, I'll be there in a heartbeat. If we have to leave the inn in a hurry, two sets hands would be better suited to getting the wagon ready than just one."

Not waiting for Abby's or Twyla's approval, Revenge would release his wife's hands and climb back into the wagon.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Twyla was incredibly excited to be looking into the letter and hopped right off the wagon when they arrived. Valac rushed in and she was right behind him--well, and behind Kuori, too, but she was much shorter so that was to be expected. "We'll be right out!" she would say to Revenge, Abby and Petra as she stepped through the door into the inn.

Twyla went over with Valac to Thanon, addressing the dwarf. "Hello, Mr. Ironstout, how fare you? Been a bit of time, huh? We're back for a little respite ourselves, so I don't think I can play tonight."

She looked around at the patrons as she talked, but none of them stood out to her. She'd expected to see a shadowy figure lurking in a corner, but they all seemed pretty normal. Twyla was a bit worried. Maybe they'd missed the note writer.

AlphabetFish

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Valac would just choose a table with no one present and sit waiting for his ales and meal.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Abby would nod at her husband. "Very well. I'll come get you if you are needed." Abby then heads into the inn after Twyla.

Once Revenge was back in the wagon, Petra would let out a sigh. "Thanks. I... I just don't know if I have the energy to deal with a big group of people right now. This whole situation has got me all stressed out. I don't know if I'll ever be able to relax as long as Aria is pursuing us. I still can't believe they already tracked us here... and it's all my fault."

Petra tucks herself into the back corner of the wagon and pulls her knees to her chest as she usually does. She stares at the ground dejectedly. "I hope this works."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanon would address Twyla once she came over. "Ah, Miss Gemspark. I haven't seen you in a couple of days. Thought you might have left town. It's okay, I have arranged other entertainment in your absence, but I can say more than a few miss your entertaining tunes."

Once Abby and Twyla enter the Red Lion, the young man in the back table the Kuori noticed earlier waves at them until he gets their attention and gestures for them to come over. Abby quietly comments to the party, "I guess that's our man," before heading over to sit at the table with him. Kuori does not notice anything suspicious as Abby does this and no seems to be paying them any particular attention.

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Valac would relocates to where Abby has sat down with the shady individual.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:14 am

"The fault of everything that has happened falls upon Aria and Aria alone. Don't try to shoulder the blame, Petra. You owe them no favors," Revenge would say, taking position near the rear of the wagon and peering out to keep an eye on the now-familiar tabards of their pursuers.

He didn't want to mention it, but it was entirely likely they'd be attacked soon. After those pigeons went out, they'd quickly rally and move on them. He kept mum on the thought to spare Petra one more thing to worry about... but that wouldn't stop him from remaining vigilant for any organized groups moving on their location.

Quote:
16 Perception to keep watch.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:28 am

Kuori would sit beside the shady figure, still trying to make sure that she had a clear line of sight to the door. If Twyla or Valac got to those seats first she wouldn't object, but the Goliath, paranoid as ever, would not let Abby sit within swinging distance of the man. If she tried, she would get a hand on the shoulder, a grunt, and a head nod telling her to move down the line. She takes out her knife and sets it on the table, spinning it around in its sheath.

((Note: I do mean knife and not dagger, this thing isn't big at all.))
Perception: 18
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:56 pm

"Thanks ever so, Mr. Ironstout," Twyla said. She saw the man waving to her and a thrill of excitement went through her. This was sure to be a new and interesting addition to her adventures. She gave a short curtsy to Thanon and said, "It looks like someone's calling me over, so I'll take my leave!"

Twyla flounced across the room to the man that her taller companions had already reached. Unlike them, though, she addressed him immediately, holding out her hand to shake.

"Hello, there, sir, a pleasure to meet you! I'm Twyla Rosanna Oxana Raphaella Marcella Honeysuckle Jane! It's so good of you to meet us here!" She would squeeze into a chair nearest him, looking up at him with wide, excited eyes. She dropped her voice a bit, then asked, "So, what would you like to discuss?"

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Petra continues to sit silently in her corner as Revenge peers outside the wagon. Nothing strikes him as out of the ordinary. The normal hubbub of life on main street continues on as normal. It occurs to him that he hasn't spent much time alone with Petra due to her trying to give him space to be with Abby. "So, how do you think this guy will be able to help us? It seems like we are pretty much trapped in here. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the party approaches the table they see the young man looks to be in his early twenties with a medium build. He has sandy blond hair with piercing blue eyes. As everyone takes their seats around the table he lets out a sigh of relief and smiles. He greets everyone cheerfully. "Thank goodness, I wasn't sure if you would actually come. I'm afraid I didn't recognize a few of you when you first came in since you weren't at the garrison. My name is Arthur and, uh, I'm a member of the Elite Arian Guard. Now, before you get all jumpy, as I can sense the tension already, I became a member of their ranks so I could infiltrate them." The cheerfulness drops out of his voice as his look became serious. "They took someone very special to me... and did terrible things to her. Now I need to find her."

The Arthur would turn to look at Abby. "You... you're one of the ones they are looking for; you were recognized as soon as you came into town by the sketches we were provided. Thankfully, we were ordered not to make any moves until reinforcements arrived. Our numbers here are pretty thin and stretched out over the entire town. We were simply here to monitor the situation. I don't think the higher ups were expecting us to encounter you."

Though Arthur was trying to sound cheerful, more and more emotion began to enter his voice. "Now, I want to help you guys get out of here before those reinforcements get here, and I was hoping you guys could give me some information in return."

Arthur reaches into his pocket and pulls out a folded piece of paper. He unfolds the paper and places it on the table for everyone to see. It is a sketch for Petra, identical to the ones that the group had found on the Arian soldiers in Lupa. Arthur continues on, his voice becomes distraught. "Her... her name is Maywen. She was human like me once, and Aria took her away and did this to her, but I don't care, she's still my Maywen and I have a promise to keep." Arthur looked to be fighting back tears now as his voice got almost pleading. "So please, tell me anything you know. You might have known her, I know she escaped the same time the rest of you did. I have to find her and get her to safety before these Arian bastards can get their hands on her again."
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Kuori gets up and looks at Valac, "Stay here." The she walks outside, heads to the wagon and looks at Petra. "Hey, Maywin ..."

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Petra would look up at Kuori and answer succinctly. "Yes, what is it?" However no sooner did she speak then she immediately looked confused "...wait. How do you know my old name? I haven't told anyone that, not even Abby."
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:19 am

She smiles widely at the reptilian girl and says, "Come inside, Arthur is waiting." If the guy was in fact Arthur, Petra could verify it and if he wasn't ... well they would cross that bridge if they needed to.

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Valac's eyes narrowed, if it was just him he'd be attacking 'Arthur' right now but he waited on a cue from the others with him.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Twyla's covered her hands with her mouth, shocked by Arthur's story. "Omigod! That's so horrible!" She looked at him hard--if his story was true, then they needed to get Petra and him together immediately, but if it wasn't... She paid close attention, trying to feel things out. She wanted to help. ((Insight: 24))

While she was processing it, Kuori got up and left without a word. Twyla, unsure if she'd come back with Petra in tow or with her bow drawn, turned to Arthur and said, "Tell me, quickly, when are the reinforcements coming? I believe we can help you with Maywen's safety, but we need to know how much time we have."

((Insight of 24 on Arthur to see if he seems to be telling the full truth and if he's trustworthy.))

AlphabetFish

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Revenge would frown, while still facing away from Petra. "I... honestly believe this person believes he or she can help us. Whether they actually can or not, is a story that has yet to unfold," Revenge would say flatly.

He would wait and watch silently for a few minutes.

"Earlier..." he would start to say, "Twyla suggested that Abby change her appearance." A pause. "While that would be... useful... I don't think the benefit would outweigh the cost. Aria's already seen us with her, it wouldn't help disguise who she truly was. But I'm also not very comfortable with it either. She's lost so much already to them, I'd hate for her to lose anything else, you know?" Turning and looking at Petra with a sad look, he would start to ask, "You've been with her longer... at least as far as her memory serves. Do you think she'd really be okay with-"

Turning his head suddenly, he would see Kuori walk out of the inn and approach them. "It's barely been five minutes."

Kuori would have her brief exchange with Petra, and Revenge would look back and forth between the two. "I knew a Petra growing up, but I can't say I've ever known a Maywin," he's say matter-of-factly, referring to the way he had talked with her when they had first met.

--------------------

(This next part applies only if Petra goes to leave the wagon; if she doesn't, ignore, and I'll remove it after the next DM post):

Not knowing who Arthur was, Revenge would move to grab hold of Petra's shoulder to halt her before she disembarked the wagon. "Be careful; from my experience, it seems that Aria has a way of opening old wounds. Wall your heart for the moment, and don't get your hopes up. I don't want you to get hurt." After that advice, he'd let her go.

Revenge would remain for now. Having someone on the outside might be all that stood between the group getting trapped in a building, so someone had to watch in case Aria moved against them sooner than expected.

Plus, he hadn't been keeping track of time, but most, if not all, of that hour has probably been used up, so he was expecting company soon.
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games