Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
The Story That Went On... (Formerly Death Cut. Completed.) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:15 pm

If you really don't want to do something you could easily stop her. A part of you seems to want to do it.

BlackMN for her part started off very well singing the song quite nicely. However GL made her so nervous that she eventually had to watch the screen to double check herself...

and...

...eventually...

...she did what GL felt like doing and vanished near the end of the song. At the end she came back and said, "Alright you pick something then."
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Muerte: "I feel... different. I am not sure of the name for this emotion. There is a sort of urge to do something to make it stop. It is unpleasant."

Jacob: "It's nervousness... Galantros is doing it inadvertantly by being nervous himself. He has the ability to share what he's feeling with others, Muerte. He hasn't quite learned to control it fully yet."

Galantros: "Um, okay then..." Well... I don't wanna disappoint her... and I like making her happy. "Oh! How about this one?"

"As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain,
I take a look at my wife, and realize she's very plain,
But that's just perfect for an Amish like me,
You know I shun fancy things like electricity..."

Xylanthos: "Figures he'd pick one by Al Yankovic..."

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:13 pm

"Okay okay. Weird Al huh?" She saw one pass as GL looked and selected it to play after the current one.

Tiamos are you familiar with the musical Phantom of the Opera? Your voice sounds like you could sing Christine's part in the most popular song from it. Would you like to sing a duet with me next?

After Amish Paradise was over there was a pause before the "Fat" song started to play. In which GL found himself in a fat suit just like Al was when he did his video.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:29 pm

Galantros stumbled a little at the suddenly illusion, being fooled for a second by his sudden massive weight gain.

GL: "Woah! Hoooly crap, haha! *Ahem*"

"Your butt is wide! Well mine is too!
Just watch you rmouth, or I'll sit on you,
The word is out, better treat me right,
'Cause I'm the king of cellulite,
Ham on, ham on, ham on whole wheat, all right..."

Xylanthos and Tiamos were too busy laughing at GL's clumsy dancing, and Muerte was wide eye in surprise, along with Jacob.

Jacob: "I've never heard these odd songs before..."

Muerte: "How did he become so large so quickly?"

Tiamos: "Oh my, heheheh... He looks like he's enjoying himself now. Anyways, sure Veni, I would like to sing a duet. I haven't sung karaoke in a while. I haven't seen that musical in a while either"

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:15 am

"Heh. They're parodies of other songs. These ones happen to be more famous than others.

He became large through an illusion Muerte. He's still really the same size. That girl up there could make you look like a juicy stake if it suited her fancy."

Veni would have actually acted out the part of the phantom if he was positive that Tiamos could play her part well too. He smiled at her husband, "Looks like I'm going to borrow your lovely wife for a little while, Xylanthos. Excuse us."

Veni helped Tiamos out of her seat, took her hand and kissed it, offered his arm, and was a complete gentleman as they walked to the stage to enter in their song. Veni entered in the solo song that came after the duet and waited for the two knuckleheads to finish.

"The Phantom of the Opera is one of Veni's favorite productions to have come out during the past century." Too bad I can't sing the part very well. She sounded a little sad about that if Jacob was paying attention but smiled anyways, they were probably in for a treat.

"Black can you make us look like Christine and the Phantom?" he whispered to her as the two were about to leave the stage.

After Tiamos sung her first few lines, Veni's part came up,
"Sing once again with me
Our strange duet
My power over you
Grows stronger yet
And though you turn from me
to glance behind
The phantom of the opera is there
Inside your mind"

The shocking thing about all this was that despite the somewhat feminine voice Veni normally had, his singing voice was more masculine. It still wasn't very deep, but it was still there and was pleasing sounding. It was like those people who normally stuttered all the time, but didn't when they sang.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Jacob unconciously rubbed his hand over Rosemary's for a reason he wasn't sure or fully aware of.

Tiamos turned out to be a rather good singer. As they continued on, somebody other than Black increased the illusion around them, adding a boat beneath their feet, candles appearing out of nowhere, and a small layer of misty water seemed to flow underneath the boat.

Tiamos:"Those who have seen your face,
draw back in fear...
I am the mask you wear..."

Veni: "It's me they hear..."

Tiamos found herself getting more and more into the song as they moved into the duet part.

Tiamos: "Your spirit and your voice,
in one combined:
The Phantom of the Opera is there,
Inside my mind..."

Galantros: "Wow, they're good."

Xylanthos: "Tiamos used to sing before our current.... occupation, heh. She still does every now and then."

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:12 am

"Veni would sing to me to make me laugh. Doesn't write songs, but would sing ones he knew. He sang of Roman gods, worked hard to translate the lyrics for me when I didn't understand the language they were in, of Christian songs he heard others sing from where he was from, and after two hundred years of being with him: opera."

"Veni likes to act in plays. He's often a comedic role rather than a lead. Did you used to sing too Xylanthos?"

Veni smiled a little as he pretended to push the boat along. As the song went along he grew a little worried, but it didn't show to anyone. He planned to do the next song with Rosemary since Christine didn't sing during it, but if they were gonna add such an illusion it would make it more difficult to do the swap.

During a brief break in his part of the song he whispered to Tiamos, "you're doing well, but in the next song, Music of the Night, Christine doesn't sing. Could you switch with Rosemary for me for that song?"
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:52 pm

Tiamos nodded a bit, smiling. As they started to finish up their lines, she discreetly opened a portal on the bottom of the boat. Once finished, she slipped through, right in front of Rosemary.

Tiamos: "Go on in, it's your turn. He wants you up there!"

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:39 am

Rosemary smiled.

The mist raised a little to cover the stage, Veni was able to do this feat, for the next scene to reveal the Phantom's layer with Rosemary in the boat. The Phantom got out of the boat and removed his cloak. He helps her out of the boat and lures Christine to him closer and closer. Eventually drawing her in close enough to caress her, which he would have done if he ended up having Tiamos there but he preferred who he had, and she caresses his mask. Near the end of the song he shows her a wax figure of her and she faints. He catches her and carries her to a bed and finishes.

You alone can make my song take flight -
help me make the music of the night . . .

They take their bow. Wave up Tiamos so she could bow too and then go back to their seats. Before he sat down, so that Jacob didn't feel left out, Veni came from behind and put his hands on Jacob in a similar loving fashion he did to Rosemary on stage and laughed a little. "How did you like it?"
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:45 pm

There was applause from the people watching the act, but especially from the little group of friends sitting at the table nearest to the stage. Jacob all the while had smiled at how sweet and romantic the scene seemed to be.

Jacob: "It was wonderful"

Muerte: "So, that was a form of playing then?"

The entire time during the scene though, GL's aura had activated again, this time sending out warm mushy feelings. Suddenly couples that were dining at the restaurant were closer, holding hands and the like. However, GL's thoughts kept going back to being confused on certain matters.

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:47 pm

Rosemary was all mushy and leaning into Veni a little more too trying to get Jacob to put a hand on Veni's leg so she could put hers over it.

"You're so sweet Jacob. Maybe later we can watch the new movie version of it."

Veni seemed to think of his explanation to Muerte before he said, "Yes and no... For me that was mostly playing, but for people who are entertaining others as a way of life it is more serious to them. Some people do what I just did to earn money to buy things they need such as their food. Sometimes these same people will do it for just the sake of having fun and not receive anything physical for their performance.

I'm not sure if you were playing at the time but when you arm wrestled Rosemary she was playing. When you were trying to kill her and she defended herself, she wasn't playing. It depends on the situation whether or not you're playing when you're doing an activity."
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:11 pm

Jacbo's hand found it's way to Veni's leg, and soon Rosemary's hand covered his. The necromancer could almost sigh with how he was feeling. He suddenly realized that it was Galantros that was emitting his aura again, but he didn't care... although the reaper looked a little distracted and distraught.

Jacob: "Hmm, that sounds like a nice idea." Is there something wrong with Galantros?

Almost as if sensing he was being watched by Jacob, GL shook his head a little and took a bite out of his sandwich.

Muerte meanwhile was listening to Veni's explanation intently. Now that the giant seemed to have gained a certain amount of knowledge, it was apparently easier to teach him things without worrying about every little detail.

Muerte: "Ah, I think I understand. Except for money. Is that another type of resource that's given in exchange for other necessities?"

GL: "Uhm, yeah, sort of."

Muerte: "Hmm. ...I want to apologize for when the demon took control of my soul binding, and sent me after you. I believed that I had to follow the commands of whoever held my binding. If I had known... I do not feel happy that I could have killed you. I am sorry."

"...Perhaps we could play again later by arm wrestling? It was.... fun."

Muerte then thought for a moment and looked over at Black.

Muerte: "Maybe you could teach me different ways of play, little one?"

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:34 pm

He's confused as to whether or not if she likes him better than he thought she did and if he feels that way too. He's pondering on the idea. He looks like you when you were musing over the idea of if you liked Veni or not after that silly wonderful dream. razz heart

"Of course, but next time don't overexert yourself. I'm not really mad at you Muerte for that since I understand what it's like to be forced to do things that you don't want to do. I'm sorry that I had to seriously hurt you to prevent what you could have done from happening, but I'm not sorry I did it. I would have been rather annoyed if you had told me that you wanted to kill me when I had asked. But you said that you hadn't, so that's all that matters."

BlackMN blinked. That was an unusual request. "Sure... I can show you different things I do to play. You might not like all of the activities though and that would be alright." She pictured her and Muerte trying to play hide and seek... too big... tag: too fast... would he even like playing with dolls or "house?"

"It is good that you want to know different things to play. Playing can help teach you useful skills and things that you don't know yet in a fun way." He smiled catlike a little. It was fun to play with the two people next to him.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:44 am

Jacob resisted an urge to chuckle, choosing only to smile broadly as he leaned into Veni a bit.

Jacob: Heh, young love.... well, by GL's standards somewhat anyway. He's still considered just barely a young man by his society. Wonder when he'll work up the nerve to talk about it. Hmm... that dream...

Jacob seemed to get lost for a moment, then realized what he was thinking about and quickly tried to clear his thoughts a little so as not to get too distracted.

Muerte: "Now that I understand things better, I would rather you have hurt me to keep such a thing from happening."

"Thank you, Black. I am curious as to what sorts of play there is."

Galantros: "Hmm... maybe we could try the Holo-gamer sometime with him. That could be fun."

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Veni started to purr lightly from all the attention he was receiving.

"I had more simple usually considered little kid games in mind... but we could use it to make him smaller and slower for things like hide and seek or tag... We could have a pretend tea party and at the same time teach Muerte table manners." BlackMN pretended to sip a cup of tea with her pinky up.

I have no idea what age equivalent she is supposed to be. She seems more adult in some ways than others.
Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games