Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Love Triangle: Your take? (Spoilers about Eclipse) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bella should have chosen...
  Edward. Yeahhhh.
  Jacob. Hurrah.
  ...Billy Black.
View Results

Rezuri-chanchan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:22 pm
julliel
And with all the Jacob hate coming form Eclipse, I'd just like to point out just how much I hated Edward in New Moon.

If Edward really knew Bella so well he'd know that he'd do more harm than good. After all that time of being her, you'd think that he'd get a clue that Bella needs him to be there?

Don't give me this "for her own good" crap. Jacob does the same thing, and he gets flamed to hell for it. What does Edward get? A friggin' slap on the wrist because, what? He has fangs and he's "HAWT!!11 heart "??

yes i wanted to flurking kill edward in new moon and a actually flipped untill i say him speaking (as stephenie predicted fans would do) and then i fell for jacob and then i wanted to strangle him at the end of the book. and i was urked yet forgiving of edward.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:53 pm
Edward shouldn't have left Bella. But he wanted to help her move on with her life. Sure, his plan failed miserably and jeopardized Bella's life and his own, and that's something that's really hard, just short of impossible to do, but I have, even if there is that little part of me that wants to kill him for putting everything they had at risk because he was an idiot.
I'm sick of all the Edward/Jacob bashers and all the Edward/Jacob fangirls and teenies. It's really starting to piss me off how totalitarian people are becoming with these books. It's either you love Jacob or you hate him, same with Edward. You can love/hate both!  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:55 pm
I feel that Jacob is really REALLY misunderstood.Especially near the very end where I hear alot of people complain about his silly emotional overload.

Keep in mind,he's a werewolf.And emotions play a BIG part of what & who they are.Jacob cannot help it either way no matter how hard he tries.After reading the ever-so happy EdwardxBella ending,the epilogue made me feel like crap for Jacob.

Alot of people [like Leah e__e] said he should just get 'over Bella' & the wedding like it's some piece of cake.WELL,it's not.I'm sure enough if you loved someone really that much,and they chose to love & be with someone else,it's going to hurt REALLY bad.It's basically Jacob going through the same thing Bella went through in New Moon when Edward left [though for different reasons]Bella hurted ALOT & hurted herself very much.Yeah,some ppl thought it was a boresville with all her emo-ness but no one's hating the crap outta her,now are they? [well...some >__>;; ]
And here others say Jacob is over-racting.What,guys can have emotional overloads too you know! =__=
I don't know how it can make someone hate him even more & he's no different than Bella being all balistic.Just try to see how it feels like to be in his shoes.

Other than that....
The love-triangle was pretty predictable & I'm fine with Bella choosing Edward [even though i rooted for her to be with jacob all that time lol xd ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:47 pm
I didn't want her to be with Jake. Before all the Edward haters flame me, let me explain why.
Jake HAS to imprint. It's what werewolves do. He obviously didn't imprint with Bella. Stephenie Meyer has admitted this herself in interviews. And once he finally did imprint with someone, Bella would be heartbroken and they wouldn't be friends nor lovers anymore. No one wants Bella to be miserable so she can have a couple months with Jake and pay for a lifetime of being miserable. She doesn't deserve that.
Despite that, she loves Edward more. They just have a bond that can't be broken by anyone, even Jake. They are SOULMATES. With Jake it most likely would've just been a fling because she knows in her heart that Edward is the one she can't live without. We saw that in New Moon.
That's why she and Jake can't be together.

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

rewind r e w i n d

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:38 am
I really hoped that a love triangle wouldn't form, but I knew it was coming. But hey, I think she deserves Edward more, and Edward deserves Bella more than Jacob deserves her.

How long has Edward been walking the Earth with no love to have and hold? And now he's found Bella, whom he loves with all his....heart, if he has one...How could he just let her go? That would be stupid. And he has, in New Moon, it really was stupid, but it was for the better of Bella. He would only do what's best.

As for Jacob, how old is he? 15, 16-ish? He's got his whole life ahead of him. He himself has said that he hasn't imprinted on anyone yet. So can't he let go of Bella and give himself a chance to do so? He's so young (technically.) He hasn't lived long enough to realize his true feelings and all. Edward's lived a century. I mean, come on. A whole century with no one.

But I'm proud of Jacob, he let Bella go. it was the best thing to do anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:52 am
-laugh- I know exactly what you mean! IF I were her, I would make a decision and stick with it. Cheating is wrong, though partly that's not her fault with Jacob since as you've said he tricked her (URGH), but I don't know...he can't take all the blame.  

crimsinkiss

The Ghoul In Pajamas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:47 pm
Bella didnt seem nearly guilty enough for kissing Jacob. What kind of a person would just kiss him after he says something that horrible? I mean it was obviously just a mnipulation tactic, not even Bella is that stupid. God I despise Jacob, he is such a terrible character. He makes me feel the same way as Mr Collins does- Slimy and disgusted in every way.

Nothing new I know, but something i just need to keep saying until I can think straight again without this boiling pit of hate in me ..  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:37 pm
Sorry... but I HATE love triangles

SO MUCH

So that part - actually, the biggest damn part of Eclipse - wasn't cool for me.

Besides... Edward forever!

Crystal_Zelda

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:22 pm
You'd think that a book series that had produced legendary and unpredictable conflicts like those in Twilight and New Moon would be the best of the three. But no; as I said somewhere else, Eclipse seemed to be a filler chapter in a terrible fanfic. I mean seriously, there was no meat to this book. There was a love triangle. Oh the horror! But where was that life-threatening, dangerous conflict that we're supposed to get? The two pages or so where Victoria was circling Bella and trying to kill her? Yeah, as if we didn't expect that. This love triangle was simply terrible and should've been removed the book to make room for the unexpected and unpredictable. I'm sorry, but this is just how I feel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:53 pm
well i liked jacob in new moon 'a little bit' (and i'm stressing that) but once he started falling for her i was like "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
because well, edward. I knew edward would never leave bella without good reason so at the point when jacob was about to kiss her, i was relieved the phone rang!

Well it's not jacobs fualt he fell for bella, but bloody hell man did you really have too go THAT far! and i guess bella was trying to be a good person by trying to balance both of them on her plate... but I really hated the part when bella said she loved jacob, i really hope she and edward will stay together their utterly right for each other! I felt a little bad for him in the begging, but later on i just screamed "you have no more good qualities anymore!"

I not gonna yell at jacob fans, or say his a bad guy... but i just wish he stopped pursueing bella, i'm mean he was going to imprint on someone else evetually, why pull a sam? It was truly selfish, and edward was too nice about it... none the less i just hope things will go smoothly in the next book...  

Dolly Dearheart

Suki Wolfesong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:18 pm
I agree that I think that Bella and Edward belong together, but I have no feelings of anger whatsoever toward Jacob! I LOOOOVVVEEEEE him!!!! well, i love edward, jacob, emmett, and jasper! but it bothered me a little when bella found out that she loved jacob......i swear, bella and edward BETTER get married. I REALLY want bella to become a vampire.  
Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff