Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Does fear of the dark make you foolish Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xDiYukishixDi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:34 am
I dont think so. Im not scared of the dark but i know that it just means you cant stand darkness. As in evil darkness. You can stand the light. Like good light. Thats what i think. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:37 am
shadowmartyn
I love the dark, i never really been afraid of it. But most people fear what awaits in the dark.
I'm afraid of spiders... but i kill them most of the time because they scare the bujesus out of me.

I enjoy the dark too. I cant stand to sleep with the lights on.Cause then i cant see the shadows that lurk around. biggrin  

xDiYukishixDi

Hopeful Bliss

Tipsy Fairy

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:47 am
He seems like the a** here. Everyone has different fears arachniphobia...claustrophobia....some people even have a fear of long words! But just because you have that one fear doesn't mean that you're foolish.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm
Being afraid of the dark was beneficial in human's early development. There are logical reasons to fear the dark, so no, it's not childish or anything negative. I used to be afraid all the time at night, but now it's just on nights when i read something unsettling before I'm off to bed.  

Harlot Queen

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

fancyhandles

4,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 pm
I don't think it's the dark that most people are afraid of... it's what's in the dark... but I really don't know.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:34 am
I myself love the dark. I find it serene and calm, however, I don't believe that a fear of it makes someone a fool. On the contrary, fear is a natural instinct to be harnessed to our advantage. Only a great fool would be completely fearless. Another thing, you don't always have to face your fears to get past them. I mean, I am afraid of being eaten alive by alligators, but I don't go stumbling around the everglades wearing a fresh meat suit... Ok that was kinda ridiculous. Seriously though. Don't sweat it. If you find yourself getting freaked out in the dark, I would close my eyes and concentrate on my other senses. Feel the blood beat through your veins. Hear the hum that is most likely your refrigerator. Smell the scent of the unvacuumed dust on the carpet that rises with each step. (Sorry about that last one! That's the way it is at my house, lol). Breathe deep but not overly so. Feel the adrenaline rush, but don't let it overpower you. Try not to let yourself start shaking. This typically makes you more acutely aware of your fear and may make it take longer to calm down. Hmmmm.... That's about it, really... Oh well. Merry Christmas!  

Ariemea

Dangerous Informer

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:41 am
It isn't the dark we become afraid of, but what can happen in it.

On that note, I'm 20 and use a nightlight to see.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:23 pm
Caramel Flavored Hat
Does fear of the drak maake you foolish?I think i have nyctophobia(fear of the dark)and my father says im an a** for being afraid..

It's just normal for people to be afraid, but son't let it control your life and try to get over your fears  

salooka

Friendly Gaian

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:50 pm
It's perfectly normal. I get skiddish when in complete darkness. My mind wanders to the places it shouldn't and thinks of spooky things. That's why games like Silent Hill and Slender scare the piss out of me. The fear of the unknown is absolute terror.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff