Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
Some days gaia makes me feel very old. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

?
!
100%
 100%  [ 139 ]
Total Votes : 139

awesome ali rolled 10 12-sided dice: 4, 2, 10, 6, 6, 2, 7, 3, 11, 2 Total: 53 (10-120)

awesome ali

5,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:28 pm
IrishDanceMum
Blaize, I love the siggy... those hecklers from The Muppet Show just crack me up!
I just hate what I see in towns when I go in there to hang out with some of my friends. I've been accused of being a ***** more times than I care to count. And some of these kids just keep hammering on it, too. *sigh* It's really hard to have fun when you're trying to ignore ignorant younguns!

Like many of the rest of you, my kids are the ones who got me on here. I wanted to keep track of them and I've ended up enjoying myself on here and making friends of my own here. I've "adopted" my share of kids who wanted a mom to talk to and given out plenty of advice. It would be nice if we could stage a takeover and get rid of some of the junk on here, though, wouldn't it? rofl Couldn't you just picture that? Revenge of the geezers! ninja

I totally agree! It is because of the bad ones that we can't enjoy ourselves in the places we find fun gonk . The fishing goes down all the time because of these people.
I too have given out my share of advice, and the younguns seem to really appreciate it! They are the ones inviting me to be their friend. I have had so many situations that they come to me with. They are crying out for help with the issues they are dealing with, and we have already been there biggrin ! I do alot of volunteer work in real life, but I find I am actually doing that in here too! I am loving Gaia!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:17 am
I know about the original Transformers and such however the only series of it I actually watched was Beast Wars and many people don't count that. ^_^;  

MondoTR

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:24 am
PsychoBunnyFire
I'm only 23 and I still manage to feel old here. I get kids asking me all the time "Wow, is college hard?" Like I'm the old woman of the hills. No one gets my pop culture references. And talking about Grunge is like speaking another language all together. *sigh*

I mean doesn't ANYONE remember The Tick?! It wasn't even that long ago!

Hold on a minute while I completely spaz for finding someone outside of my family who remembers The Tick.
*SQUEEEEEEEE*
Thank you.
I know, it really wasn't too long ago. 90s was NOT too long ago! ...At least, it really doesn't feel like it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:36 am
mAOri waHIne
One of my students just found out that I am on Gaia and all summer while she was away in England messaged me, or played rally with me, or posted on my profile. I didn't mind and in fact, really didn't think a bit about it. UNTIL, this past Thursday, during open house night at school her parents came up to me and said "Emma says that she kept in touch with you during summer on Gaia, we were quite shocked at first since Gaia is a child's site... aren't you a bit old to be playing there?" Immediately, my ***** radar was going off. wahmbulance OMG, I hope they don't think I'm stalking their child is what came to mind. So, I quickly grabbed the Vice Principal who knew I had a Gaia account since 2004 and asked her to reassure these parents that not only did the school know of my account but that the site was not like NeoPets but a larger community with older teens and adult. The parents did not realize this and apologized. I was of course now feeling rather old for being on Gaia and bit embarassed. I love Gaia but there are days when there are just too many wee ones onboard and I feel like the oldest living Gaia online. redface
OMG!!! that's so embarassing! >.>, Now i say! respect for you! xD I joined Gaia when I was 16 Now ima feeling old btwn the younger gaians -_- xD but so what >.<  

Pisang

God-the-almighty

Angelic Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:20 am
I think I predate transformers. Anyway I don't remember seeing them as a kid. We had the Looney tunes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:25 am
For me the first Star Wars movie was what is today known as #4! And I saw that one in the theaters!! And I remember watching Transformers with my kids when they were younger!  

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

moonsz_nightelf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:33 am
Back when I first got into Gaia it was because my yougest (than 15) went to school 3 states away. She asked me to get on her account and collect cans. She said she needed 5000 of them. Well I still have not gotten her the 5000 cans. But I have my own account now.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:46 am
I feel old when i sometimes surf nice profiles (or the profiles of peeps with nice avis) and see the birth years there.. everything that is above 1990 seems pretty young for me (even though i'm only a '87 myself razz ) and i realize that there are also very young people here..  

hagelwetter

MondoTR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:56 am
God-the-almighty
I think I predate transformers. Anyway I don't remember seeing them as a kid. We had the Looney tunes.
Everyone had Looney Tunes as a kid. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 pm
I know how you all feel. I made a chit chat thread to chat with people to pass the time. but the past few days i have been giving dating advice to 15 year olds! I dont mind it but it makes me remember being there age and how much i did not know.  

Reashel22

Lucky Receiver

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200

YouDubb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:55 pm
Ah my, yes. I remember the transformers. My father bought the first volume for our beta max and I watched it SOOO many times. Sadly I never did get to see the motion picture in theaters. (When I started watching it was 88' so I missed it xp ) Although, as I write, I'm watching Transformers the Movie (86') on Youtube and have the 25th aniversery DVD in my personal collection. Ahhh, good times....

I feel so old...think I'll go to bed before the sun goes down... lol  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:26 pm
Witchiepoo0
I'm going through gaia and see this girl with a sig of the new optimus prime. I sit there and have to smile because I remember the original optimus prime and how my younger brother just loved the transformer action figures........So old sweatdrop

Fellow Transformers geek! heart
I like both versions, though the 2007 movie was the one that got me into fandom. I watched Beast Wars when it came out, but it didn't make me a TF fan. I did prefer Optimus Prime to Optimus Primal, so I must have known about G1 then... memories are fuzzy when you get this old ~waves cane!~  

Sharl

Interesting Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:51 pm
jambare
For me the first Star Wars movie was what is today known as #4! And I saw that one in the theaters!! And I remember watching Transformers with my kids when they were younger!

I was old enough to have a crush on Luke Skywalker when Star Wars came out. I definitely predate Transformers - that's what my littlest brother and his friends watched!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:00 am
...I remember when cassette tapes first came out; we had an 8-track player in the car.  

Cyan the Black

ShoeboxWarrior

Swashbuckling Shapeshifter

30,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:20 pm
First of all, jambare those are the cutest tigers I have ever seen.
Second-I rarely tell my age when I happen to venture into towns (I spend most of my times in forums where people happen to be older) because I enjoy talking with anyone who happens to be nice and telling them my age usually shocks them into silence. I've developed this answer:

"How old are you?"
"Older than I was yesterday."
"No really, how old?"
"Younger than I'll be tomorrow."  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items