Submit

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:28 pm
((Sorry I've been off. I hate busy Holidays. XP ))

As the boy Niel approached, F'lin felt a moment of relief. Of course, then Garinth berated him for being a coward.

I'm not a coward! It's just...an inopportune time now.

Liar. Tell her now.

Fine. Wait, no! I don't-- Arg!

F'lin forced himself to smile at Niel, sparing only moment to glare at Garinth, who had occupied himself with blinking his multi-faceted eyes at Niel.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Niel," he said. "Um, Kes, I have to, um, go, do..."

He couldn't finish his sentence. His face was getting red, and he knew it. Certain he'd lost his grip on sanity, F'lin walked past Kes, hesistated, and kissed her gently on the cheek before jogging off.

F'lin's lady is very special, Kes.

----------

Green Purith glided down from her weyr to land beside the lake, somewhat closer to Niel than to Kes, Wreth, and Garinth. Tyreena dismounted and walked resolutely towards them. She raised her arm to hail them.

"Hey, there!" she called as she neared the group. "What's this? Another candidate already? Seems like only yesterday we were candidates ourselves, huh, Kessy? Well, young man, I'm Tyreena, and my beauty over there is Purith. What's your name?"

Purith chuckled to herself as Tyreena held her hand out to the boy. Some of her chatterbox habits had rubbed off on Tyreena. After all, Tyreena never would have called Kes anything but her name two Turns ago, even is Kes hadn't Impressed a queen.

Greetings, Wreth. Is the boy polite? I'd hate for him to forget manners in our Weyr, wouldn't you?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 am
Kes blinked a few times after F'lin kissed her on the cheek. Immediately she turned red and brought her hands up to rub at her cheeks until she stopped. She cleared her throat when she finally adressed Garinth though. 'Yes...she must be.' The young queenrider now had an idea that the brownrider might just fancy her. She shook her head and waved as Tyreena approached with her green Purith. "Greetings Tyreena, and please don't call me Kessy. I don't really like it." She offered a friendly smile to show she wasn't offended though.

Wreth snorted before putting her head back down on Garinth's as she spoke with her green sister. Greetings, Purith. Won't you come sun with me? As for the boy, his name is Niel and he has been very polite to us. You will like him. The gold sighed before continuing her conversation with the green. My rider and Garinth's enjoy each others company but F'lin seems afraid to make a move. Kes would if she were sure but my rider takes no chances. What am I to do? Also...Kessy? Your rider has an interesting sense of humor.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:21 pm
"Oops," Tyreena said, smilin sheepishly. "Sorry. I do that sometimes."

Purith ambled over to Wreth's side, turning her head into the sun. My 'Reena sometimes forgets herself, but she means no harm. She gives everyone nicknames. Niel, huh? He seems alright. Yes, the young brown rider is only at a loss for words around your Kes. He is shy, I suppose. Would it help if she encouraged him?

((Sorry it's short, time is limited.))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:20 pm
Kes smiled at the greenrider. "It's fine Tyreena, I just didn't know you could make a nickname with how short my name is already."

Wreth sighed, and turned her head to the green. I am well aware of this, I saw her when I hatched and relized the kind of person she was. She is kind, but seems to miss out on the fact that the things she says sometimes upset others. She is a good choice for you though. As for the brownrider, I do not know if getting Kes to encourage him will make things worse or help them along. What do you think, sister?  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:01 am
"Yes, I suppose you're right," Tyreena said. "A nickname just doesn't suit you. I wonder, though. You seem less reserved than you used to be. I never really noticed before."

Tyreena smiled slyly at Kes. She leaned back on her heels and glanced at the boy, Niel, Purith informed her.

"You should have seen her right after she Impressed," she told him quietly. "I used to be too scared to even be in the same room." She winked and smiled to show she was joking.

Purith snorted at her rider. You know, I hadn't realized that she upsets people. I guess I shall have to tell her some day. I do love her, though. Hmm. Well, now, I think that if your rider were to be a little less...cold towards him, he might respond. Males are strange like that. Either too overbearing or too shy. Purith let her amusement show. It was enjoyable to talk so freely with Wreth.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:25 pm
Wreth snorted. My rider is not cold towards him. At least, not that I'm aware of. The gold sighed. I believe the brownrider is just a bit dense.

Kes smiled. "I know I was different before. I didn't think I'd ever be accepted here and then I Impressed Wreth." She smiled fondly at the gold. "I'm glad to be able to change and now meet such interesting people."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:07 pm
Purith snorted happily. All males are a bit dense. Even dragons. That is why we females must keep them in line. Her eyes whirled quickly with the blues and greens of happiness and contentment.

"I don't think you've changed that much," Tyreena said. "You just express yourself more. And you're just as interesting a person as anyone else. And with Wreth, you belong here more than anywhere. We all do, now that we've Impressed."

Her tone softened abruptly as her eyes fell on Purith. They were a beautiful couple. All of the dragonpairs were well-matched, truth be told, but Tyreena liked to think that she and Purith were the best of green dragons and riders. She supposed it was because of their strong mental bond, one that all dragonriders shared with their dragons, so it couldn't be unique to her. But she liked to pretend.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:06 am
((sorry for not posting for a while but not much has been going on))
T'thia lay cruled in her sleeping furs. She tossed and turned, drenched in sweat. Her large bronze Arizath watched with anxiety swirling eyes. She muttered in her sleep as behind her closed eyes she saw rocks falling. people running. screams of fear. she saw herself conducting the younger weyrlings as she and Arizath tried to help the wyreling master and wyre women conduct order in a colapsing wyre. rocks crummbled and dens collapsed. fear filled her heart as screams filled her ears. she finnaly tossed herself out of bed and woke as her body hit cold hard stone. she woke with a scream, tears running down her face as sweat drenched her face. she sat up, hugging the furs around her shoulders as she sat shaking from her night mares. when she realised what she had been dreaming she began to cry, dropping her head to her knees she wept. Arizath understood and sat silent though his anxiety permiated the wyre as he feared for the well being of his rider.  

Kaibain

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:50 pm
((Yay! People are posting. It's fine Kaiban. Very little has been going on. greenrider and I are hoping to change that very soon though.))

Wreth made a happy warbling sound at her sister and settled more comfortably next to the green. This is true. Still...I wonder if I spoke to Garinth if he'd help me nudge our riders in the right direction. Otherwise all this subtle banter they go through is going to get on my nerves. At least Kes is aware he is interested in her now. The gold made a half-heart annoyed sound. Though I wish he'd have shown his intentions in a different manner. My poor rider is an intesely private person when it comes to matters of the heart.

-----

T'gal was pacing in his weyr, something was wrong with T'thia, he could feel it. The bluerider made a rude noise as he continued pacing. Being connected to Barith for so many years had made him sensitive and the bronzerider's weyr wasn't far from his so he'd heard the scream. He sighed as he stopped pacing. 'Still, it's not my place to go there now.'

Barith snorted at him, and the blue's voice floated through his mind. If you are worried then go and see her. Your place may be at her side if you worry so. Shall I speak to Arizath and be certain? The blue's voice sounded vaguely annoyed.

T'gal shook his head then answered his partner. 'Sorry for the trouble Barith. Please speak to him.'

The blue dragon snorted again but didn't say anything as he shifted his mind to the much larger bronze dragon that resided a few ledges above them. Arizath, mine worries. We both heard noises and I can feel that T'thia is uneasy. T'gal wishes to come and aide her. Do you mind this?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:48 pm
((Sorry I've been off; my inspiration was dead for a while, and my library's closed.))

Purith made a softly amused noise which she quickly muffled. Glancing at Kes, then back to Wreth, her eyes whirled a bit faster.

I see what you mean. I never thought her to be very open about her feelings, and the browrider has put her in an awkward position. I believe Garinth would help; he seems rather fed up with his rider's beating around the bush.

She sighed a bit and half closed her eyes. The sun was warm on her hide, and she loved the heat of the Southern Continent.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:34 am
((It's fine. Most people aren't on during the holidays.))

Wreth sighed in contentment as she continued to talk to her sister green. I believe you are right Purith. Now all I must do is get ahold of Garinth long enough to talk him into helping me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:06 pm
Purith glanced up at the weyrs scattered across the Weyr walls, and could just see a brown tail peeking out of the entrance of one midway up.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that Garinth is in his weyr right now, talking to his rider. Hm. I wonder if he's trying to make him do the right thing. Perhaps we should help?

She looked at Wreth pointedly.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:29 pm
Wreth chuckled at her green sister. Yes, we should help him. I know how too. I'll simply bring mine to see him. That should do the trick.

Kes turned from the two she'd been talking with, her eyes glazed over. 'What are you two up to over there Wreth?'

The gold snorted. Nothing at all.

Kes sighed but dropped it. Her dragon would tell her when she was ready.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:28 am
J'den's quick steps slowed to a heavy trot as he entered the dining hall. He had thought about shaving, but decided against it, if only to irritate his sister for the day. He hadn't taken the time to put on more than a pair of light breeches and a loose cotton shirt, and though the air was approaching chilly, it wasn't yet cold. Scooping up an extra sweet roll and easily dodging the playful swat of a spoon, he turned and sat at a nearby table that already held a few of the new candidates.  

TheUnicornGirl

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:50 pm
You have a devious mind, Wreth. It suits you. Garinth would probably help, too. Purith's eyes whirled happily. She did love a plan like that.

"Hmm. It seems like Purith and Wreth are plotting something," Tyreena said, unconsciously mentioning her green first, instead the queen Wreth. "I wonder what."

------------------------------

G'ber watched J'den enter the Lower Caverns and swipe himself a snack. The young brown rider had turned out to be a playful member of the Weyr, something that G'ber, as a former harper, could appreciate. He smiled and moved to J'den's table. He had only recently returned to Ierne Weyr after his Micath had not flown a particular green dragon in Telgar Weyr nearly two months before, as the brown dragon had been doing every time she rose since just after Mith's first clutch had hatched. With no other reason to stay in Telgar Weyr, he had returned to the Southern Continent.

"You've learned some tricks these past two Turns, haven't you," he said to J'den, gesturing to his stolen sweetroll. "And decided to grow a beard?"

The stubble of unshaved hair on the youth's face made him rugged. G'ber did not understand why any dragonrider would want facial hair; it was a terrible hazard if they were going to be frlying Thread once the Pass began. That wasn't too far away, either. He could see that M'gor and Lina had stepped up flight training while he was away. It was just as well that the Telgar Weyrleader had done the same, or G'ber would have been far behind the new batch of riders.  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff