Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
"Pern" / Dragon Riders of Pern RP? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragonriders must fly when Thread is in the sky... (a Pern RP?)
  Clear skies and fair weather (yes)
  Wherry Teeth! (no)
  I'm here for the Gather (poll whore answer)
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:12 pm
The other thing is that it means that we don't have to worry about trying to play the Weyrwoman. ^^;;

We also have to figure out how close to hatching the eggs were before the Queen and rider were killed. And whether or not there were subordinate queens in the weyr at the time, and if there's a queen egg (or two).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
The other thing is that it means that we don't have to worry about trying to play the Weyrwoman. ^^;;

We also have to figure out how close to hatching the eggs were before the Queen and rider were killed. And whether or not there were subordinate queens in the weyr at the time, and if there's a queen egg (or two).

ifa would you explain the dragons, hatchings and their relationship to trainers and stuff ;3 whats the deal with queen dragons, too? <3;  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:17 pm
That... Is a book's worth of information. xd ;;

Let's start at the very beginning. (A very good place to start.)
What do you know/think you know about the Pern dragons?
And have you read earlier pages of this thread?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:19 pm
ive read through this thread, but i know absolutely NOTHING about pern ;3  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:22 pm
Then you saw the link to the Pern Wiki? That's your best bet for general information, but I can give you specifics to a certain degree.

have you heard of the hierarchy of colors and the origins of dragons? (I think I gave a brief description of the origins earlier.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:23 pm
no, i didnt see that information. i planned on checking the wiki at some point, but i havent yet. the whole hierarchy of colors bit would be helpful ;3  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:26 pm
Page 2, halfway down, is my description of the beginning of dragons, Page 3 contains some information also about halfway down... Gimme a minute and I'll type up a color description list.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 pm
Colors:

Greens: Always female, modern greens grow between 20-25 meters in length. They are the most sexually active dragons and Impress either males or females. They tend to be very emotional and are still considered fighting dragons. Chewing firestone makes them sterile, which is pretty good, since otherwise we'd be up to our ears in little green dragon eggs. xd

Blues: Always male, these 25-30 meter long dragons generally Impress males (there has been no canonical instance of otherwise) and are the most overlooked dragon. They are small and agile, but big enough to have some extra firepower. They are not generally strong enough to fly queens, and so sit on the sidelines, but have been known to frequently fly greens in mating flights.

Browns: The second group of male dragons, these 30-35 meter dragons are the middle of the range, Impressing only male candidates. They are bulkier and have been known to occasionally fly queens, but generally compete with the blues for their extremely agile green sisters.

Bronzes: The last of the male dragon groups, these dragons are 35-38 meters in length and the most powerful and some of the least agile fighting dragons. They Impress male candidates only. These are the dragons that most often fly queens, as they are larger and faster, than their brothers.

Golds: These female dragons are called Queens, and rule the weyr along with their chosen bronze or brown mate. They are the only dragons which cannot chew firestone with any affect. No dragon will disobey a queen. They choose only female candidates, generally these candidates have a great strength of mind and will. They are 38-42 meters in length, generally, but the largest gold known is Ramoth, who was closer to 45 meters, the side of a jumbo jet.  

Ifailedmywillsave

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:43 pm
*steals boyfriend's "The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern" to carry around constantly*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:11 pm
When I make the thread I'll include links and info and stuffs ^^

I'm thinking we might have a jr Queen at Benden or one in the clutch...

I'm also thinking that it will be a Large clutch, as the books state that Queens tended to lay larger clutches in a pass ^^

The Weyr will have some leadership as we can keep the Weyrleader around for a bit...

Question: do we want to be able to play multiple characters?

Flaconscale

Maze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:30 am
I likely won't have the time for multiple characters. D: But I won't mind if others have 'em. If I join, I'll no doubt poke NPCs too, of course.

Agile dragons! I like agility! Hey Ifa, can your 'I'm not a girl, really' guy use a friend? XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:20 am
*chuckle*

I'm a huge offender of multiple characters and NPCs... occasionally my NPCs turn in Characters ...

This is going to be good fun... I'm drafting some ideas for the opening story atm ^^

Flaconscale

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:46 am
At the moment I can't see how we can avoid playing multiple characters. Especially those of us who are veteran rpers and those of us who have read the books.

"He" could probably use a friend, yes! I'm also trying to decide if I beg for someone else to play "his" love interest. ninja I'd have too much fun doing the star-crossed lovers thing and making the bronze rider miss signs from the blue.

As for links to information, if you want I'll create an LJ account specifically for holding such information and make separate posts containing such trivia, with headings and cuts and things to make navigation fairly easy, and tags too.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:55 am

Luna says :

ooooh can i claim the queen egg?

ive got a great story to go along with it ^^

angst and such^^

i shall type it up later >.>

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!
Gaians against Vitalisim!

Seraphim Sins

Maze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:37 am
Angst schmangst. talk2hand You can have my provision of said commodity, Lunaria.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff