Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Religion , What do you believe? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah,Religion
  Atheist.
  Boeddhist
  christian
  Jewish
  Muslim
  Pagan
  Other
View Results

Akira Nakamura

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 am
"Really, I don't know what to believe about what that may be like. Lucid dreaming and astral projection are fascinating things, but how do we know they are what they seem?"

I'm an agnostic, who basically believes in reincarnation. I often have a feeling that I have lived other lifes before, which is scary and amazing at the same time. Sometimes we talk about this with my sisters and night, and it makes me feel so much better, because my mother just can't believe that I'm not Christian, and I can't tell her my ideas.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:58 pm
What is "Boeddhist?" D:  

Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:30 am
I'm not really sure if I believe in anything religion-wise, but I'm a very spiritual person and enjoy playing around with things like Shamanism and other nature-centric practices.

I mean, I kind of sort of want to believe in deities, but I'm not so sure anymore. I do however feel total and complete happiness when I see images of Ganesha and the Om symbol.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:39 pm
Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh
What is "Boeddhist?" D:

I think its meant to say Buddhist

I'm a Christian, but no church for me.
I dont believe in everything in the bible, but I try to be a good person, which is what Christianity is really all about, in my opinion.

Inishie

Hopeful Hunter

PaperdollDecay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:10 pm
Hard Atheist, meaning I don't believe that there are any gods or anything out there.

But I'm very interested in LaVeyan Satanism... as in I'm my own god, not worshipping the devil. For this religion, Satan is only a metaphor for the desires on mankind.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:29 pm
Ailsa-Purin
Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh
What is "Boeddhist?" D:

I dont believe in everything in the bible, but I try to be a good person, which is what Christianity is really all about, in my opinion.
I am Buddhist, but I don't think I'll be clicking Boeddhist D:  

Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh

happybassist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:46 am
I am Buddhist and a practicing member of my temple.
I was raised in a Catholic and Atheist household so I never really identified with either. I tried Christian Churches many times and never found them a comfort in them... Mostly because there was a lot of hellfire and... It was hard to even find a Church that would take me in once they knew my orientation. Every Buddhist I've met had always been nice and I had had an interest since Elementary school, so I converted in High School.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:02 am
I'm an agnostic pandeist with an interest in omnism.

I have a feeling most of you won't know either (pandeism or omnism) so I'll put the definitions down:

Pandeism- A group of religions similar to pantheism, but with a deist outlook on the nature of God. Pandeists believe that God is immanent in the universe - basically that God is everything and everything is God (or gods and goddesses, depending on the particular religion). However, unlike pantheism, God is not a conscious or active being, but non-personal or non-interventory.

It is different to panentheism or panendeism, which believe that even though God is immanent in the universe, he also transcends it (exists outside of it partly).

Omnism- the belief in all religions; those who hold this belief are called omnists (or Omnists).

The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) quotes as the term's earliest usage the 1839 long poem "Festus" by English poet Philip J. Bailey: "I am an omnist, and believe in all religions". In recent years, the term has been emerging anew, due to the interest of modern day self-described "omnists" who have rediscovered and begun to redefine the term.

Contemporary refinements have modified "belief in all religions" to refer more to an acceptance of the legitimacy of all religions. The OED elaborates that an omnist believes "in a single transcendent purpose or cause uniting all things or people". That is not necessarily the conclusion of those who describe themselves as omnists. Some omnists interpret this to mean that all religions contain varying elements of a common truth, or place omnism in opposition to dogmatism, in that omnists are open to potential truths from all religions. However, as with modern physics, this does not mean that there is a single transcendent purpose or cause that unites. There may indeed be an infinite number of possibilities, or a deeper form of uncertainty in reality. There may be an influence more akin to existentialism in which consciousness is a power or force that helps determine the reality, and yet is not a divine influence.

In this regard, omnism does not appear to be a form of theology, as it neither espouses nor opposes particular beliefs about God. Instead, it affirms the necessity of one arriving at an understanding of reality based on personal experience, engagement, and inquiry, and an acceptance of the validity and legitimacy of the differing understandings of others. In this, there is, however, an implied system of values or ethics.

___

Mmm, sweet copypasta. My parents tried to raise me Lutheran, but I never believed any of it. For the first fourteen years of my life I considered myself atheist (in elementary school I didn't even know the word for it, no one around me spoke of not believing in a higher power, I felt like a freak) and now for the last two, agnostic. It has only been in the last year I have took an interest in deism, which soon morphed into pandeism and became a part of my beliefs. Then came omnism a couple weeks ago, I find it quite interesting.  

ijdg903rtw

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:31 am
Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh
Ailsa-Purin
Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh
What is "Boeddhist?" D:

I am Buddhist, but I don't think I'll be clicking Boeddhist D:

Sorry, i'm dutch x] habbit of writing. But that's a pretty lame excuse for not clicking it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:54 pm
I'm more or so of an agnostic.
I am reverting back to my Christian roots a bit.
I don't believe in EVERYTHING the Bible says.

I tried Atheism, Buddhism, Wiccan&Paganism, and some others.

I am trying to be more of a spiritual being.
It is going pretty good.

I carry a miniature Buddha with me.
I wear a crystal around my neck.
I have a wand that I made and blessed myself.
I have a cross that I wear sometimes && I carry a bible with me.

o.O
Strange.  

Allymanderxx

Uzamaki Hina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:36 pm
Im a Christian Whoot!
And yes Jesus Loves You heart
Quote:

I sing in my Church Choir sometimes
And it Rocks! biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:11 pm
I'm Athiest.
I don't believe in fairytales.
I do believe jesus was real,and do believe he did alot in the way of sreading good morals, but I don't believe hes anything holy.
When I die, I'm over. I don't believe in a soul, my personality will cease to exist when I'm gone. But hopefully people will remember me smile

I see religion as a way of controlling people before laws, courts and legal systems came into place.
(I will say at this point I'm not very educated on any religions other than the main 4 or 5, so I aplologuise to anyone whos thinking "my religion is nothing like that". I should read more.)

...but as long as it doesnt spread hate then whatever floats your boat...  

Doshie-Egg

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:15 pm
I have very strange beliefs. They are very complicated and complex to write down (the post would end up turning into a book ... maybe I should write a book about it some day). I believe in an afterlife, but not anything like what most people believe in, in fact, I'd be surprised if anyone had beliefs the same as I do.
I don't care for organized religion though, because I see it as a way to control people. However, I would never hate someone for their beliefs. It's so interesting to learn what others believe in though.
I came from a complicated religious family. Part of my family is Mormon, Christain, and then some of my family believe in reincarnation. My mother was raised Mormon but she quit it after she got married. My grandmother had taken my father when he was a child to every church so that he could learn about all of them then learn on his own.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:21 pm
I'm a geradist...  

I want a vampire

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Fatgirl and Robin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:39 pm
I'm a Pagan, since I believe in Greek Gods and Goddesses.
But I'm also a bit of an atheist since I often find myself doubting how any God could exist.
I'm very interested in religon for some reason, even though I'm not religoush myself.
xD
My mom's side of the family is die hard Christan (o_o) and my mom is the only one who knows I don't believe in God, and she actually started crying when she confronted me about it.
I got really mad, and I rarely get mad at my mom, espessially when she's crying.
And now she thinks my beliefs are a joke and everytime before I go to bed she says "Be sure to say your prayers" and in a voice you use to a child "In whatever gods you believe in."
It just pisses me off.
:l
I personally could care less what someone believes in, and it confuses me why other people care about different people's beliefs.
It's not your life. It doesn't affect you. Leave the person alone.

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff