Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Rainbow Bridge
MY DAD LIED TO ME ABOUT MY DOG....ONIX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sagirafire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:29 pm
LastHearts
Trying to protect his family?? The dog was just growling, I don’t even understand whey the hell he would shoot the thing if it growled, plenty of mentally stable dogs growl to show how they feel.
Cattle are grown for their meat and I know we cant stop them from being inhumanly slaughtered, but dogs on the other hand are PETS and should be treated like part of the family.

sagirafire
This thread is starting to get on my nerves. Too many people are condemning christmas_day's father for trying to protect his family.

The second thing I have to say is, do none of you people eat meat? How do you think your food gets there? I can assure you that 50% of the meat you buy at your average chain grocery store was not humanely slaughtered.

Dogs are not always pets. Many dogs are working animals, and in the end treated no differently than livestock.

Look, to EVERYONE that's following this thread, I'm not trying to say what her father did was right or wrong. It was merely my opinion from the perspective of a small-scale farmer. People do not always have the money to take care of their animals properly and give them the best medical care.
Some people are saying that if you don't have enough money, you shouldn't own animals. And yes, those people are probably correct in their belief. But the fact is, the financially challenged still do own animals.
Would you rather he let a possibly rabid dog loose in the neighborhood to infect other animals, or people? What if a small child was bitten? There is no easy answer to this situation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:37 pm
Awww. ~Tear~ That is so sad. I have a lot of dogs my dad uses for hunting. But he would never do something that horrible. I am so sorry that it happened like that.  

Alexeray

Elegnant Escape

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:57 pm
That's seriously messed up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:18 pm
When my dog got pregnant she started growling a lot at the other dogs, but after she had the pups, she was totally okay. He should have taken to the vet first.  

KiiingIzzy

Devoted Friend

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tipsy 100

General Snicker-Doodle

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:50 pm
First of all, I would like to point out that shooting a dog is not inhumane if it's done correctly. As awful as that sounds, it is possible to shoot a dog (or any other animal for that matter) without making it suffer. Before those vaccines used to put animals down, shooting them was the most humane way to end their suffering.

That being out of the way, I do think that your dad was wrong to destroy Onix without first going to the vet and confirming that there was something wrong with him, and whether or not he could be helped. I also think that he should have been more honest with you. I know I would have liked to know what was going to happen to my dog.

=/  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:11 pm
If he was afraid that that she would bit you or your family at least your dad could have done is call the animal center and see if they would take her in, and give her a chance to live, possibly with another family.
Or had her put to sleep by the vet.  

Mhinachan

Hilarious Hunter

6,750 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:40 pm
It's terrible that she had to be killed, but shooting is a lot more humane then a lot of you realize. Atleast he didn't hang her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:17 pm
wow no offence to your dad or anything, but that was really the most disguating way i ever heard someone put to sleep.
i feel bad for youand your dog.
ummmm not to get personal, but did your dad at least bury her??

Papricat

xX KO Bunneh Xx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:55 am
OMG no ioffense but i think ur dad really need so soting out...shooting a dog in a field and letting it die He is a very very very sick man...
I feel sorry for u and onix crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:56 am
Lols soz about the spelling mistake i typed it well to quickly  

xX KO Bunneh Xx

je ne regrette rien

Aged Shopper

5,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:24 am
yeah. at least he didnt hang her...right....and he did burry her. i just dont know where.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:28 am
And the reign will kill us all,
Throw ourselves against the wall

` If she had rabies, then... She needed to be killed.
Being shot is the cheapest way, and she probably didn't feel it anyways.
Rabies ******** with the head and the pain sensors.
And he lied probably so you wouldn't be so hurt right away....

User Image

But no one else can see,
The preservation of the martyr in me.

mein kampfy kouch

nyannahs

5,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:32 am
Your dad is so mean! Poor Onix... he should have at LEAST taken him to the vet before getting the idea to kill him.. cry I'm so sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:58 am
hannad
Your dad is so mean! Poor Onix... he should have at LEAST taken him to the vet before getting the idea to kill him.. cry I'm so sorry.

And the reign will kill us all,
Throw ourselves against the wall

` That could be REALLY dangerous.
What if he bit the Vet? or other dogs? or a CHILD?
Seriously.
Shooting it was the best way.

Ever seen Old Yeller? I BET they had vets, but did they take it? Nope.
Stop whining, it's an animal. They get sick. They die.

If a human attacked your brother, and someone shot him, would you boohoo?
No?
Exactly.

User Image

But no one else can see,
The preservation of the martyr in me.

mein kampfy kouch

Darth Maul96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:43 pm
stare  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items