Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Student Guild

Back to Guilds

The place to learn about Japan and all facets of Japanese culture 

Tags: Japanese, Student, Guild 

Reply The Japanese Student Guild
What got you so interested in Japan? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iva-big-wang

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:19 pm
It started off with the whole immature otaku phase, where I was addicted to only manga and anime, but then I started developing an interest in their culture.
I really want to go to see a kabuki act one day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:28 pm
Iva-big-wang
It started off with the whole immature otaku phase, where I was addicted to only manga and anime, but then I started developing an interest in their culture.

I second the young Otaku phase, then I became more interested in the culture and language. It was so interesting the way the culture is different from mine and the country in which I live (US).  

Nici la Fey

Deniletheseventh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:57 am
When I watched my first anime I got interested in seeing more Japanese cartoons. So, after a while I got bored of seeing just anime and manga and decided to look more into other parts of their culture. So, yeah now I am learning Japanese and having fun with it!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:36 pm
I got interested through anime and thought it would be an interesting language to learn. Unfortunately, I had to wait until college to start learning. Who has the money fo rtutors?

And I think people who look down their noses at people who get an interest in the language via anime need to put a sock in it. Stop being snobs. heart  

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

kpuoc kryos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:51 am
I just love Japan and its culture. That's the original reason why I got so interesred. I liked Japanese songs and how they say their words, it fascinated me. Then I started reading mangas and I loved Japanese even more. smile So I'm trying my best to learn this new language! whee Everyone I know can atleast talk 3 languages, and soon I will! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:41 pm
I'm notsure what really got me interested. Everything just triggered for me. The music, food, art, anime, and definately the traditional things. >< (I always loved the kimonos~) I'm hoping I learn most of the basics this summer, and be able to have a really nice conversation in Japanese soon~  

~Y.u.m.e~

T3h Naruto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:45 pm
lol ANIME!!! And food. There both the best in my world.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:43 am
Anime and later manga. it changed my life.  

MangaMandy

Hasina Kodoku Shizuka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 pm
Yeah, I think the Anime really is what initially draws a lot of people to the japanese culture and then it goes from there.^^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:19 pm
Well it was Naruto (the anime) FMA (the anime), and Inyuyasha the anime XD , then the manga of FMA and some others  

BlindingOrchid

Romantic Elder

6,500 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100

Inobliss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:43 pm
-_-

...... hmm.....I think that the reason I got so interested in Japan was the fact that I really just got interested in their way of life. I have always dreamed about travelling to Japan, especially Osaka. That's pretty much what happened.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:47 pm
To me it was Sailor Moon. I didn't know it was anime at the time, but I always watched when I was little. Later I watched .hack, I finally learned what manga was and I was hooked reading it. I began that change most japanese lovers take into otaku-hood. Later I became more interested in learning japanese because I loved their songs. I always have to read it in romanji and I wished I could understand japanese so I can understand what they're saying in songs and anime. Also I wanted to read it so when chapters came out raw I could read them also. Finally I wanted to actually go to Japan and learn their lifestyles. So now I'm taking classes and plan on visiting Japan after college.  

Kouhaichan

2,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

YaoiIsDelicious

Bashful Streaker

12,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:44 am
It started in about the 2nd grade... I would draw DBZ, Inuyasha, Fushigi Yugi, and other such anime characters... and from the 2nd to 5th grade I practiced singing Inuyasha and Fushigi Yugi OP & ED songs... then in the 5th grade I went in the talent show and sang Fushigi Yugi's OP song in front of the whole school wearing a homemade kimono (more like yukata). After that I stuck with anime and didn't get into the language (besides singing) until Freshmen year when Japanese class was offered. I've been more interested in the language and culture over anime since... and for my senior project this year I'm making my own kimono as well as doing my senior paper on the Japanese culture.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 am
Iva-big-wang

i was in that phase also. right now want to go visit japan and noe more bout their culture. im studying japanese right noe for when i visit. ^^  

Psychotic Scarlet

Fanatical Roisterer

~[More.than.More]~

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 pm
whhen i was 3 i meat a guy......he was awsome..........his japanese was beautiful so i fell for the language before the people.

also i love how obscure their culture is.
thats how i felt at 6.

but now i feel like they are just a very interesting people. Especially how they feel toward sex.

it always felt like they were better at being accepting, when after a long time of going, its just a very good tolerence over all. ecept in the country side where they generally hate foriegners. at least the ones i mett.  
The Japanese Student Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff