Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
My goodness - the rudeness of kids these days. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:11 am
Which would be the reason why I never go to the GD. Ever.

Well, except for word games. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm
Madame_Fluffy

Do you ever come across the younger populace of this site, and upon learning your real age, you hear the following...

'OMG!!1WTF R OLD PPL DOING ON GAIA?!1! F*CKING *****!!! H4VE NO L1FE!!1 DEY SHULD B B@NNED!1!'

they are no more young, if they say and know what does ***** mean. they should be adults......  

Rawashdeh

KittytheSheGeek

Wealthy Ladykiller

8,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:10 pm
Devilish Zukin
I know when I was younger I was pretty quiet. >>

What's with kids being so opinionated now-a-days?

I know! It boggles my mind. When I was 12 I was still playing with Barbies. Nowadays there are 12 year olds having sex!! And I was certainly more respectful of adults up until I hit my rebellious teen period, which was only like, 16-18. These kids have no respect for anybody! And the things they wear, I can't believe parents let their kids out of the house. If my children turn out as rotten as this current generation, I'm going to lock them in the house until they are 20. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:31 pm
Yikes. Young people nowadays confuse the hell out of me. They seem to be maturing faster and now it's like their opinions are the law of the land, everything anyone else says be damned.

It's sad, when I was 12-13, I was still going outside to ride my bike or rollerblade or play with my stuffed animals. Nowadays 12 year olds are doing pretty much the same things I am, which include drinking and whatever else. Myspace, you name it. I didn't get the internet until I was 17 (the age I joined Gaia), so I think it's weird there are even 13 year olds on this site.

I don't know, when I was growing up, I was taught to respect my elders unless I wanted to get smacked. But it seems like the parents of teenagers nowadays want to be their children's friend more than a parent, so they don't discipline them. It scares me what they're going to turn into when they're my age. D:

Mikiba

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:33 pm
Akiyhrah
Devilish Zukin

I know! It boggles my mind. When I was 12 I was still playing with Barbies. Nowadays there are 12 year olds having sex!! And I was certainly more respectful of adults up until I hit my rebellious teen period, which was only like, 16-18. These kids have no respect for anybody! And the things they wear, I can't believe parents let their kids out of the house. If my children turn out as rotten as this current generation, I'm going to lock them in the house until they are 20. xp

When I was their age, I was going to have fun and play. Kissing was for the teens (15-17) and adults, sex was unheard of. Now I seen Murray with the topics like "Save me from my 10 year old who has been with 100 guys." When they show the kids, they are all "whatever" or "My body, I can do with it as I please or even "I always get my way or I start to beat my mom up"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:51 pm
Nei1
Akiyhrah
Devilish Zukin

When I was their age, I was going to have fun and play. Kissing was for the teens (15-17) and adults, sex was unheard of. Now I seen Murray with the topics like "Save me from my 10 year old who has been with 100 guys." When they show the kids, they are all "whatever" or "My body, I can do with it as I please or even "I always get my way or I start to beat my mom up"

sad That's really depressing. What ever happened to enjoying your youth? I didn't even think about sex until I was about 15 and even then I never considered DOING it.  

KittytheSheGeek

Wealthy Ladykiller

8,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Aquatic Zombies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:53 pm
Devilish Zukin
It's very insulting, considering that a lot of us "Older People" are the ones that are donating to the site to keep it even running. x__X

not me. ;D

I'm a cheap b*****d. I'm the one who usually goes out to find stuff on sale in stores. ;D  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:24 pm
Akiyhrah
Nei1
Akiyhrah
Devilish Zukin

sad That's really depressing. What ever happened to enjoying your youth? I didn't even think about sex until I was about 15 and even then I never considered DOING it.
Kids want to grow up fast with instant gratification and could care less about the consequence. Hence all the begging threads. smile  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

emilami

Striking Muse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:28 pm
I've had that problem on several occasions, mainly when I go into the fishing games, slots, or one of the other such things out there. I've gotten to where most of the time when I create a room I lock it. I miss the days where you could name those rooms so that you could go into geezer rooms and not worry about it.

I actually had one young punk threaten to report me to mods for being "old" which automatically makes me a "*****". I told him to go right ahead since being old isn't against the rules. XD

I've told quite a few of the kids who accuse me of being a ***** that REAL ***** lie and say they're young when they aren't. I've also gone on to say that I'm very happily married, and have no interest in them.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:34 pm
emilami
I've had that problem on several occasions, mainly when I go into the fishing games, slots, or one of the other such things out there. I've gotten to where most of the time when I create a room I lock it. I miss the days where you could name those rooms so that you could go into geezer rooms and not worry about it.

I actually had one young punk threaten to report me to mods for being "old" which automatically makes me a "*****". I told him to go right ahead since being old isn't against the rules. XD

I've told quite a few of the kids who accuse me of being a ***** that REAL ***** lie and say they're young when they aren't. I've also gone on to say that I'm very happily married, and have no interest in them.
In there minds being an adult 21+ AUTOMATICALLY classifies you as a ***** to for being on "kids" site. Even though the creators were like 17+ themselves.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

dr john jam watson

Charitable Giver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:44 pm
Mythic_Mime
~_~ This is why I avoid heavily populated areas now, I don't need to put up with what a little brat says.

*edit* The begging has gotten annoying and they sometimes follow you until you give them gold or you just close out.

M.M. heart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:48 pm
Mythic_Mime
~_~ This is why I avoid heavily populated areas now, I don't need to put up with what a little brat says.

M.M. heart

Wow, that's freaky. I love your avi, but the freaky part is, I just saw someone else with the EXACT same avi... http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/12049817/

either that's a strange coincidence, or I really am getting old.. lol  

KittytheSheGeek

Wealthy Ladykiller

8,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:51 pm
Gaia is my kind of virtual insanity. It's a place where I can have fun, meet people of ALL ages, and sometimes help those who need advice in Life Issues.

Whenever some overopinionated brat starts up a 'OMG OLD PPL NEED TO STFU & GFTO GAIA NAO' thread, I usually drop in to let them know that the internet is not their personal army, and until they pay Gaia's server bills, they can't rewrite the terms of service to suit themselves. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:05 pm
Nei1
emilami

In there minds being an adult 21+ AUTOMATICALLY classifies you as a ***** to for being on "kids" site. Even though the creators were like 17+ themselves.

I am well aware of that. I've brought up the fact that the site creators are older than I am and that most of the mods are over 18 (or is it all of them... I forget), but then they accuse me of impersonating a mod. It's pointless to try to explain these things to kids who think they know everything. That's why these days I always create my own room and LOCK it when I go into those areas of the site.  

emilami

Striking Muse

The GAIA Complaints Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas