Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Lala Chat. General chat & Spam
Adult's 18+ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 pm
Dreamy green fairy
RedWhiteBlack

xd Thanks! Twilight haters unite?

Only if it's going to be High school musical 'Shudders' and twilight haters uniting. =D

Deal. But as long as we can hate on all three of them. =D

Also, I hate the forums. I've only ventured as far as the GD and ED, and they're all a bunch of elitist pricks who worship their prommies like they're the second coming of Christ.

It's ridiculous. :S  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:41 am
Dreamy green fairy
RedWhiteBlack

Only if it's going to be High school musical 'Shudders' and twilight haters uniting. =D

I'm not going to lie, I'm a 20 year old guy but I adore the High School Musical films, they're just a bit of harmless fun.  

loIitoads

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:41 am
Lolicat von Doom
Dreamy green fairy
RedWhiteBlack

I'm not going to lie, I'm a 20 year old guy but I adore the High School Musical films, they're just a bit of harmless fun.

Seriously? Isn't 'adore' kind of a strong word for feelings of that particular movie? While most people probably hate the movie because of the fanbase (which factors in my dislike as well), I'm not a fan because they're poorly made cash cows.

That being said, however, I hope HSM will lead children to the realm of the good musical, and away from this New Disney garbage.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:27 am
Actually, I didn't -hate- Twilight. If I'd paid money to watch it, I probably would've felt it was somewhat of a waste, but I found it momentarily entertaining despite the crappy acting and cliché makeup and etc.

And I so totally liked High School Musical too! : D But only because I spent the entire 3 movies trying to look up under Vanessa Hudgens' skirt. - Then I found those nudie pictures she took and I deleted them (the movies) faster than you can say Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.  

Contra Mundi
Crew

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:30 am
RedWhiteBlack
Lolicat von Doom
Dreamy green fairy
RedWhiteBlack

Seriously? Isn't 'adore' kind of a strong word for feelings of that particular movie? While most people probably hate the movie because of the fanbase (which factors in my dislike as well), I'm not a fan because they're poorly made cash cows.

That being said, however, I hope HSM will lead children to the realm of the good musical, and away from this New Disney garbage.

I enjoy a bit of mindless fun now and then, and am sort of impressed that they dressed Vanessa so conservatively rather than really tarting her up. I also don't bump into many fans other than girls my age, ifyaknowwhatImean.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:43 pm
Hey wats with this post??? I mean nobodys posting in it in like 4 months. BTW i agree with u all. like wats a 6 year old doing on gaia?????? thats just wat a lazy parent /s would do. Not that i'm one.  

The amazing hacker

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:31 pm
The amazing hacker
Hey wats with this post??? I mean nobodys posting in it in like 4 months. BTW i agree with u all. like wats a 6 year old doing on gaia?????? thats just wat a lazy parent /s would do. Not that i'm one.

Somebody did just post on Sunday... you do realize that threads have multiple pages and you can read them all, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:43 pm
Hmmm....that seemed a little snappy...but its hard to tell because its a post. Oh well. Conversation still going on? I'll put in my two cents in. Don't care for the Twilight movie, and HSM is ok, but nothing to write home about.  

Tourbillon

3,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:43 am
Eisako
Hmmm....that seemed a little snappy...but its hard to tell because its a post. Oh well. Conversation still going on? I'll put in my two cents in. Don't care for the Twilight movie, and HSM is ok, but nothing to write home about.

I wouldn't write home about HSM either, but that's mainly because I don't want my parents to know their 20 year old son watches it, eh?

Funny this thread, actually, how it's exclusively reserved for adult discussion and ends up being filled with Twilight and High School Musical...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:50 pm
Heh, yeah I know. -^.^- Maybe we're still in the mentality of being young enough to watch and talk about disney movies and cheap vampire knockoffs??  

Tourbillon

3,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:24 pm
I think it's because we all secretly have this guilty love for the movies, and the only way to talk about it without sounding like a tool is to pretend we don't like it that much.

I can understand the appeal of High School Musical, but if I'm going to watch a movie based purely on the enjoyment factor, I will pull out Moulin Rouge. I think it's just as harmless as HSM, but at least it doesn't play out like an After-School special.

Has anyone here seen Watchmen yet? Though I'm a fan of the graphic novel, and I hear that it's fairly faithful to it, I want to know how it holds up as just a movie, separate from the graphic novel.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:07 am
RedWhiteBlack
I think it's because we all secretly have this guilty love for the movies, and the only way to talk about it without sounding like a tool is to pretend we don't like it that much.

I can understand the appeal of High School Musical, but if I'm going to watch a movie based purely on the enjoyment factor, I will pull out Moulin Rouge. I think it's just as harmless as HSM, but at least it doesn't play out like an After-School special.

Has anyone here seen Watchmen yet? Though I'm a fan of the graphic novel, and I hear that it's fairly faithful to it, I want to know how it holds up as just a movie, separate from the graphic novel.

I actually love High School Musical and regularly sing it loud and proud when drunk.

As for Watchmen, I'm not a fan of the changed ending, very annoying. Also, too much violence without the analysis of the character's motivation that the graphic novel had. It plays up the violence and gore, but refuses to acknowledge the ambiguity of it. Also, where it sticks to the graphic novel EXACTLY shot by shot really drags, because the structure was clearly meant for comic books, not films. The best bit is a montage with The Times They Are A-Changin' playing over it, which marries the feel of the comic with the film better than any of the other bits.  

loIitoads

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 am
Hello am new to the guild and gaia in general. I am 21 soon to be 22 in a couple weeks and I was staring to feel rather old. gonk I came on this section with a little trepidation because so many times 18 and up means explicit material but I was pleasantly surprised to find just a bunch of ADULTS having a conversation! Imagine that! You know, with actual words and not filled with a bunch of letters that are mystery abbreviations. Sometimes someone will say something to me in a chat room and I will think "Okay... did there cat just walk on their keyboard or what?" I know the basic ones like LOL and a/s/l but some of them I would swear were made up on the spot just to make me sweat. Of course that may not have anything to do with age. Maybe I'm just internet impaired. Okay enough of that! I'm going to shut up now, I've jabbered on long enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 am
WOO HOO 18 and older party over here wahmbulance  

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:08 pm
Bonniebluejeans
Hello am new to the guild and gaia in general. I am 21 soon to be 22 in a couple weeks and I was staring to feel rather old. gonk I came on this section with a little trepidation because so many times 18 and up means explicit material but I was pleasantly surprised to find just a bunch of ADULTS having a conversation! Imagine that! You know, with actual words and not filled with a bunch of letters that are mystery abbreviations. Sometimes someone will say something to me in a chat room and I will think "Okay... did there cat just walk on their keyboard or what?" I know the basic ones like LOL and a/s/l but some of them I would swear were made up on the spot just to make me sweat. Of course that may not have anything to do with age. Maybe I'm just internet impaired. Okay enough of that! I'm going to shut up now, I've jabbered on long enough.

haha Welcome. I know what you mean. Though I understand most abbreviations, it's taken years of conditioning. But wen ppl typ liek dis it rrly pisses me off, and mks me want 2 destroy sumthin. gonk  
Lala Chat. General chat & Spam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff