Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
twilight the movie! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight
  Yes
  No
View Results

Rishon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:41 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Rishon
I like vampires, i remember how i felt when i first saw Underworld. that movie was amazing then vampires kinda fell out of my life. now i think the only good Twilight has done is renew my love with vampires. but for all the wrong reasons. this disease known as that book with the freaking apple on the cover has swept teen girls like a virus, or pregnancy. i found then that the story is really like a watered down virsion of a fan fiction with vampires and 90210. and the previews make it look like all the vampires are superman with fangs and black jeans. the main girl looks like someone i would never hang out with that says "OH MY GOD" a lot. also the main vampire looks like he just took the needle out of his arm before he went in front of the camera.

i then asked myself "are there any good vampire movies and books" and upon this quest i found Anne Rice. i am now in the process of reading Interview with the Vampire. the book is amazing, a little perverted and homosexual but good none the less. and it focuses around the life of a vampire and the psychological effects not "OMG!!!!!11 my BF is like...eh.. totally a vampzireizzle biggrin biggrin heart whee biggrin "

"the main girl looks like someone I would never hang out with".... so you only hang out with people who you judge by the way they look first?
Twilight and the Vampire Chronicles cannot even be compared. They are aimed at 2 completely different audiences with completely different stories. Anne Rice is a genius but she is not writing for young teenage girls. I think Stephanie Meyer does a great job at writing for her targeted audience, and I can appreciate the book for what it is...just pure silly entertainment. It's not a great work of literature but it's not meant to be taken that way and anyone who does take it that way is just missing the point all together.

I haven't seen the movie, nor do I intend to, but I'm sick to death of people saying Robert Pattington is ugly. I don't have a huge crush on him, I'm 20 for goodness sake, but there is no way he's ugly. I'm glad that he was chosen because it's good to see someone who looks a little manly (square jaw and all) rather than the usual effeminate male that young teens seem to love these days.
Twilight promotes real love and romance, when everywhere we look in society teens are being persuaded to "grow old before their time", what with sex everywhere in the media...and if Twilight gets kids and teens to read books, and makes them believe in real love, then it can only b
e a good thing.

i do agree with the fact that the only thing Vampire chronicals and twilight have in common is vampires. and you say that the books promote love with out the sex but they have a kid together. surly i don't have to explain the connection.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:53 pm
So I actually saw the movie.

Eh. Was some what of a let down and at the same time what I expected.

He sparkled in the sun? Corny?  

The Dark Archer
Crew

Kameko sama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:54 am
The actors weren't so great... The movie was play though. But in my opinion the book was better.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:19 am
I liked the books, and I havent decided wether or not to watch the movie, becuase they alwayse screw up every book they turn into a movie and Im sick of it...  

annschwie

Laili

Friendly Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:45 pm
I want the two hours and seven bucks I spent to see it returned to me.

Liked the books, hated the movie. It wasn't accurate.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:00 pm
I'm ashamed to admit that I love the books, and I loved the movie too. *shame* Oh, well. I like what I like. xp  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Art_Lover_666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:41 pm
the movie was good not what i was expecting. i love the books. at least the movie somewhat stayed with the book unlike some books turned into movies.
i hope im making sence and what do i know my memory isn't the best.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:27 pm
While my intial reaction to the movie was, 'it could have been a little better', I've nonetheless seen it in theatres 5 times.
Of course since it's an idie film, the director had more freedom in terms of artistic license, but I love it anyway. I think the casting director did an outstanding job with the cast, and I have no major complaints because Meyer herself gave the movie the ok, and said she loved it. I SO can't wait for the DVD, and New Moon that is going to be released later this year. ..does anyone else think New Moon is being CRAZY rushed!?!?  

JuilianFai

Megami Sayuri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:51 am
I Havent really read the books and my baby sister made us go home half way through the movie... So far though I love the film... and from what i see different fans have different points as to wether they like the film or not... ma cousin is a total fan of the books. She loves the series and the movie. She said it was really good... and im going to have to agree. because of the fact that not all films can be exact to the book.. You must remember that they are on a budget system... wat they get is wat they get and they have to work with that!! that is why i give most of the time credit for those directors and actor's that try their best to get it right for you fans. I mean, edward is suppose to be this gorgeous guy that almost seems unreal.. but if you think about it.. if you were in the book u might not have the same taste in guys than all the other gurls... i mean this is being realistic. and in real life no guy is going to be that unrealisticly handsome...

Ma point is that as ma cousin described the character's to me... and then look at the actor's... that's pretty dang close.
I am a total Harry Potter Gurl..( admitting though that soon a twilight one hahaha ^-^) and i understand that the money can not give u all the special effects that the books have... but they have made them great... except the new director... he kept the really good parts but did not put the parts that would flow into the main scene... but sometimes one does not know what exactly they have to work with..

I say to all u fans of books just like me... don't look at the movie as if they are going to have everything the book does... we are not fantasy and we have still to discover ways to make it look more realistic. Try to see their point of view.... because that's wat they are trying to do, too. they are using their point of view towards us fans. I say if u don't know wat the book is about and u watch the film and understand it... than they made it right. most people now a days don't like to read. so the next best thing is the movies.. If they understand the plot and theme... the climax and all... the movie was made right!!!

Just one point of thought that you guys should look at! maybe that eases the pain.. if you didnt like the film....

*I LOVe Werewolf and Vampires! Bite me Please!!!! hahaha ^-^*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:59 am
Rishon
Shadow__Dweller
Rishon
I like vampires, i remember how i felt when i first saw Underworld. that movie was amazing then vampires kinda fell out of my life. now i think the only good Twilight has done is renew my love with vampires. but for all the wrong reasons. this disease known as that book with the freaking apple on the cover has swept teen girls like a virus, or pregnancy. i found then that the story is really like a watered down virsion of a fan fiction with vampires and 90210. and the previews make it look like all the vampires are superman with fangs and black jeans. the main girl looks like someone i would never hang out with that says "OH MY GOD" a lot. also the main vampire looks like he just took the needle out of his arm before he went in front of the camera.

i then asked myself "are there any good vampire movies and books" and upon this quest i found Anne Rice. i am now in the process of reading Interview with the Vampire. the book is amazing, a little perverted and homosexual but good none the less. and it focuses around the life of a vampire and the psychological effects not "OMG!!!!!11 my BF is like...eh.. totally a vampzireizzle biggrin biggrin heart whee biggrin "

"the main girl looks like someone I would never hang out with".... so you only hang out with people who you judge by the way they look first?
Twilight and the Vampire Chronicles cannot even be compared. They are aimed at 2 completely different audiences with completely different stories. Anne Rice is a genius but she is not writing for young teenage girls. I think Stephanie Meyer does a great job at writing for her targeted audience, and I can appreciate the book for what it is...just pure silly entertainment. It's not a great work of literature but it's not meant to be taken that way and anyone who does take it that way is just missing the point all together.

I haven't seen the movie, nor do I intend to, but I'm sick to death of people saying Robert Pattington is ugly. I don't have a huge crush on him, I'm 20 for goodness sake, but there is no way he's ugly. I'm glad that he was chosen because it's good to see someone who looks a little manly (square jaw and all) rather than the usual effeminate male that young teens seem to love these days.
Twilight promotes real love and romance, when everywhere we look in society teens are being persuaded to "grow old before their time", what with sex everywhere in the media...and if Twilight gets kids and teens to read books, and makes them believe in real love, then it can only b
e a good thing.

i do agree with the fact that the only thing Vampire chronicals and twilight have in common is vampires. and you say that the books promote love with out the sex but they have a kid together. surly i don't have to explain the connection.

I agree with what all of u are saying.. but maybe the point of love without sex is that they don't have sex from the very beginning... it takes like wat two more books for that to happen... he waited and so did she til they were married, right? maybe that's the point!! They waited.. didn't do right off the bat!! Like most stories and movies now a days!!!
Sorry for budding in like that!!! Couldn't resist!!  

Megami Sayuri

Sokiee

OG Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:00 pm
I read all four books they were great.
I really love the movie but it went to fast. The book is better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:01 pm
The Books were well done ... (some flaws though). The movie was ok. The books help to explain more. So yea, the movie was a bit rushed while some lame parts were added that didnt belong.

Katai Rei Kun

Neecha Rui

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:53 am
I used to be a follower of Twilight.

Used to.

However, the staggering amount of commercialization, lack of creativity in anything beyond the first book (and even then I'm giving the thing some leway), and the hoardes of fanboys and fangirls proclaiming themselves to be Edward and Bella has really wanted to make me take a gun loaded with silver bullets to my werewolf-loving heart.

If anything, yes, the genre has been tapped out. Vampire love stories were great when they were new and...sparkly (I used it, yes I did,) with something no one had really read about before. However, I find that Twilight went beyond love story into relationship dependant/dementia.

I've seen it. Guys saying that they must be Edward to their girls. Girls saying that they want so badly to be his Bella. God damn! Now all I see where there once was a person with his/her own uniqueness are mindless drones with crazed posession in their eyes.

But perhaps this is what the tweens want. So be it. However, this age group has a bad habit of swarming to one idea one year and then leaving it for another. Pokemon as an example anyone? Harry Potter?

I will never watch the movie. From what I hear, the acting is horrid, the scenes are not well played out, and all in all it progresses into a Mary Sue-ish style of damsel-in-distress, only Robin Hood craves blood and sparkles in the sunshine.

All in all, if you really must read a love story, read a good one. If you want a vampire story, read a good one! There are plently other series and novella that far outrank the Twilight Saga in both style, dictation, drama, horror, and romance.

To those of you who remain fans: So be it. Perhaps one day you will really be taken for a ride with a story worth the glamour and fame Edward Cullen has.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:20 am
Im a big big fan of the Twilight Books
I cant say I didnt like the movie, but I think they could have done better.

^.~

xXRandomBabyXx

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas