Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Gah! *bangs head on table* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight the movie--What do you think about it?
  Yay
  Nay
View Results

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:53 pm
*stares back at Mikey* <
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:59 pm
its just a book.  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:10 pm
But think about it like this-- it is a favorite book to some, when it hits in the theaters you expect something as good as you read, but it's not.

Or maybe..  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:13 pm
Michael's #1 rule about movies made from books- Never get your hopes up, there is no way the movie can ever be exactly like the book.  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:26 pm
Well, yeah. But we can always hope!

I liked The Green Mile how it came out.
^^

That was actually good. Of course no book will be made exactly, but they could capture the same essence right?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm
correct.  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:57 pm
In which some of these directors don't, and there is where it comes to a crappy movie. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 pm
I hate it. It's horrible compared to the book and is corny  

psycodude15

oreocookie6293

5,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
That's not true the movie was actually pretty good. You can't always set yourself up to expect the movie to be as good as the book. Hollywood always has to changes certain things to make the book work as a good script. Most of the time the way the book was written is not suitable for a "Hollywood" movie. Or just not appealing enough to catch the buyer's eye. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 pm
Bwahahahas .. Twilight .. xD

The book's awesome. But its also a bootleg of an anime. Idks if you guys heard of it, '' Vampire knight '' ? Anime lovers should know about this anime.

But yeahs. The vampire in the movie. Looks like a wasted kient. xD

He scares me. Theres nothing erotic about him i beleive. LOL. biggrin  

BurialApplicant-x

Dark_Hills_Divider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:09 pm
did you know venessa hugenson is trying to be a vampire in the movie? STUPID HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ditzy lady need to stay out of twighlight..  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:21 am
I started reading the books before they became popular. My sister got me hooked on them. I read Twilight for the first time in one day (15 hours) and since I'd been swimming, then sitting in the shade and wind all damp from swimming, then reading this book where it's always cold, I was freezing by the end. I liked it because it was an interesting new spin on vampires, and it's a decently long book. I'm a fast reader, so I'm always trying to find long books so I can read more than a couple hours. I've read all the books, found them a fairly good read, but refuse to see the movie. When my sister and I saw who they'd picked for the cast, it was all no! no! No! The only people (in our opinions) that they casted right were Alice and the werewolves. Everyone else - eh. Not really what we had in mind. Nobody really looked right.  

Sachiko13

Kurimusande

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:10 pm
Edward sparkles! *-*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:06 pm
i herd enough about both as to not to like it.

=_=  

x x G w e n d a l l

Fashionable Fatcat

KuraiArashi89

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:41 pm
ok...in my opinion i loved the books....n i own them all....i only got into it cuz i was dating a girl that would talk about it all the time with her friends at school so i wanted to know what they was talkin about....i got into it after i read the first book.....

the movie....it was ok....i liked it....but thats also cuz i love movies in general...n i would go out and buy the movie on dvd or even go n get a copy of it....but u know, i was suppressed to see so many ppl against it on here....  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games