Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:09 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
Zephyrkitty
Considering that the pro-life side views abortion as murder, I would assume that was the intent.

I guess you're right. That's what I was thinking, sort of. But it creates some negative implications about the pro-choice side.

Oh, of course. It's really awkward to say 'I disagree with the pro-life viewpoint' because it makes it sound like you're anti-life.

Lieutenant Shotgun
ZephyrKitty
I also know I've heard pro-lifers say that they don't like the name 'pro-choice' for various reasons, so it's not a one-sided occurrence.

Oh, I haven't heard that before, but it makes sense. I would impose that the pro-life side doesn't like the term pro-choice because it makes them seem like they don't give anyone a choice. Which is true. I think their... resistance is futile. D8 In other words, I don't think they'd get anywhere complaining about the term, because it's true [that the pro-choice side actually gives people a choice and pro-life doesn't].

Pretty much. The argument I've heard from pro-lifers is that they don't have a problem with giving people a choice, but the choice to abort is one that no one should have.

I'd say that outside of the abortion debate, both names are equally misleading. Plenty of pro-lifers are pro-war or pro-death penalty, and most pro-choicers still feel that there are choices people shouldn't be allowed to make.
/tangent  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:16 am
Zephyrkitty
Lieutenant Shotgun
Zephyrkitty
Considering that the pro-life side views abortion as murder, I would assume that was the intent.

I guess you're right. That's what I was thinking, sort of. But it creates some negative implications about the pro-choice side.

Oh, of course. It's really awkward to say 'I disagree with the pro-life viewpoint' because it makes it sound like you're anti-life.

Lieutenant Shotgun
ZephyrKitty
I also know I've heard pro-lifers say that they don't like the name 'pro-choice' for various reasons, so it's not a one-sided occurrence.

Oh, I haven't heard that before, but it makes sense. I would impose that the pro-life side doesn't like the term pro-choice because it makes them seem like they don't give anyone a choice. Which is true. I think their... resistance is futile. D8 In other words, I don't think they'd get anywhere complaining about the term, because it's true [that the pro-choice side actually gives people a choice and pro-life doesn't].

Pretty much. The argument I've heard from pro-lifers is that they don't have a problem with giving people a choice, but the choice to abort is one that no one should have.

I'd say that outside of the abortion debate, both names are equally misleading. Plenty of pro-lifers are pro-war or pro-death penalty, and most pro-choicers still feel that there are choices people shouldn't be allowed to make.
/tangent

I'm pro-choice and I'm pro-death penalty and anti-war. So where do I fit in, in your little statistic? -3-  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:06 am
Oh hai, can I play?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:57 am
everyone has their own opinion, no opinion is wrong or right because were all so different. my personal opinion though is that its wrong, its murder and i would never consider it myself. id do anything for a baby after being told at 17 that i might nto be able to have one due to PID, im 14 and it hurts me to hear people have abortions and take advantage of the fact they can get pregnant naturally and have healthy kids. i wouldn't dream of doing it to my baby. if people lead to the decision of having an abortion it shows they weren't mature enough to have sex or it wasn't the right time, which is why people should think before they act and the pregnancy wouldn't have happened. or just keep their legs closed. sorry if this offends anyone or seems harsh, but whose got to suffer in this, the baby, because you aborting is the easy way out for you not the baby.  

jiarrah

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:06 am
Okay, so here it is

My Opinion

I believe that aborstion is OKAY. The child is not disconnected from the mother, and has'nt even got a brain yet, so to me, it is fine. The embrio has found nothing of importance, to care for, and has no real "life" in the sense of "get a life!" Not to say that it isn't living, but really, I think that it's is up to the mother.
WHat if she was a raped 13 year old, and her body wouldn't be able to handle the child, and the pregnanc could harm or kill both the mother and the baby?
What if the mother finds that she won't be able to care for the baby, or treat it like a mother should?
What if she doesn't think that she could deal with the stress of pregnancy and delivery
What if she won't love the baby at all?

These are all reaosns that i think aborstion is okay. I don't think that ANY of us have the right to say how a woman uses and doesn't use her own uteris, v****a, and cervix. Becuase to me, that's what it comes down to.

I am for abortion, against death penalty, and against war.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:26 am
User Image

Honestly, the MAIN reason I am so against the pro-"life" side is because they preach about saving the lives of millions of poor babies or whatever, and then you know what they do? They go out and murder abortion doctors. Sorry, but if you want to call yourself pro-life, you must be pro-life all the time, not just when it suits your radical Christian ideals.

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:49 am
User Image

I'm for abortion til week 40.
Anything can happen.
I've worked off and on at abortion clinics, so I've seen tons of reasons why people get them, and at all ages too!

Some people don't want an unwanted thing latching on, ******** their body up, and putting them in debt.

If you can't pay all that money plus the costs of the birth, and THEN deal with the kid- abort. It's easier on everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:38 am
Abortion isn't something women want per-se but they should have the option open for them. s**t happens and it can either be the best thing that ever happened to you or the worst. I don't consider it murder but it is still a very sad thing but I'm a firm believer that women should have the choice.  

srv1025

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:34 am
...There are two abortion threads?!

broken_bleeding_angel
Zephyrkitty
/tangent

I'm pro-choice and I'm pro-death penalty and anti-war. So where do I fit in, in your little statistic? -3-

Apparently there are two abortion topics, and this one was pushed down so I never saw your response. Sorry about not responding sooner. sweatdrop

But as to where you fit in: why not give the criminal the choice to be rehabilitated instead of killing them?

Fabulous Dahling
User Image

Honestly, the MAIN reason I am so against the pro-"life" side is because they preach about saving the lives of millions of poor babies or whatever, and then you know what they do? They go out and murder abortion doctors. Sorry, but if you want to call yourself pro-life, you must be pro-life all the time, not just when it suits your radical Christian ideals.

In their defense, most pro-lifers that I've met find murdering abortion doctors appalling.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:17 am
jiarrah
everyone has their own opinion, no opinion is wrong or right because were all so different. my personal opinion though is that its wrong, its murder and i would never consider it myself.

If you would never have an abortion, that's fine. However, why are you forcing this on everyone?

jiarrah
id do anything for a baby after being told at 17 that i might nto be able to have one due to PID, im 14 and it hurts me to hear people have abortions and take advantage of the fact they can get pregnant naturally and have healthy kids. i wouldn't dream of doing it to my baby.

I'm sorry that you can't have kids, but that doesn't make it okay to force everyone else to have them even when they aren't wanted.

Also, I don't want kids, but I could never put my unwanted child up for adoption. I'm morally opposed to it, much as many pro-lifers are morally opposed to abortion, so don't use that counter-argument.

jiarrah
if people lead to the decision of having an abortion it shows they weren't mature enough to have sex or it wasn't the right time, which is why people should think before they act and the pregnancy wouldn't have happened.

[url=http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html]Guttmacher[/url]
- Women who have never married obtain two-thirds of all abortions. (Side note: This means that a third of abortions are obtained by women who are married.)

- About 60% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.

- The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.

I figured this was worth pointing out.

jiarrah
or just keep their legs closed.

...You're going to tell us 'no sex before marriage!' next, aren't you?

Also, it's interesting that you're telling girls not to have sex, but not boys. Hmmm...

jiarrah
sorry if this offends anyone or seems harsh, but whose got to suffer in this, the baby, because you aborting is the easy way out for you not the baby.

...Fetuses can't suffer. >_>  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:22 am
Zephyrkitty
jiarrah
everyone has their own opinion, no opinion is wrong or right because were all so different. my personal opinion though is that its wrong, its murder and i would never consider it myself.

If you would never have an abortion, that's fine. However, why are you forcing this on everyone?

jiarrah
id do anything for a baby after being told at 17 that i might nto be able to have one due to PID, im 14 and it hurts me to hear people have abortions and take advantage of the fact they can get pregnant naturally and have healthy kids. i wouldn't dream of doing it to my baby.

I'm sorry that you can't have kids, but that doesn't make it okay to force everyone else to have them even when they aren't wanted.

Also, I don't want kids, but I could never put my unwanted child up for adoption. I'm morally opposed to it, much as many pro-lifers are morally opposed to abortion, so don't use that counter-argument.

jiarrah
if people lead to the decision of having an abortion it shows they weren't mature enough to have sex or it wasn't the right time, which is why people should think before they act and the pregnancy wouldn't have happened.

[url=http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html]Guttmacher[/url]
- Women who have never married obtain two-thirds of all abortions. (Side note: This means that a third of abortions are obtained by women who are married.)

- About 60% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.

- The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.

I figured this was worth pointing out.

jiarrah
or just keep their legs closed.

...You're going to tell us 'no sex before marriage!' next, aren't you?

Also, it's interesting that you're telling girls not to have sex, but not boys. Hmmm...

jiarrah
sorry if this offends anyone or seems harsh, but whose got to suffer in this, the baby, because you aborting is the easy way out for you not the baby.

...Fetuses can't suffer. >_>
User Image

i like you redface

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:36 am
Amarah Couture
User Image

i like you redface

I have no problems with this. ;D  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SaffronWisteria

Friendly Dabbler

13,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:09 pm
I think that women should have the choice, but I personally would never do it because I find it wrong(if that makes any sense at all).
I think that if they're going to have sex they should be responsible and be ready for whatever might happen. In the case of rape, that's not really their fault: in that case, it might be better to abort.
In the case of teenagers, well...I honestly don't think they, whether they be male or female, should be doing anything to get pregnant, unless they're responsible enough to handle any consequences that come up and they really love each other.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 pm
I think people should be able to CHOOSE. But..

Oftentimes, abortion is abused by people who, in the words of my church mentor, 'got a little physical'. I think rape victims should get the right to it..it's not their fault, the last thing they need is to give birth to a baby that they don't know..  

Femme Autobot Crescendo

Proxy Werewolf

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers