Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:57 pm
by the way, they sell striped scarves at the store on gambino island. (no, not the hat store). They aren't exactly like the Doctors, they aren't even trying to be, but it is still a long stripy scarf, and I had to have one... biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:36 pm
I got so excited by that girl who was skairt of Dr. Who that I went out and got me my own spider!  

Harbone
Crew

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:18 am
These are the series I have seen.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:18 pm
User Image

So you saw the butt-kicking fancy lad Doctor with the dune buggy? I like him. I need to see more of his episodes and not so much Tom Baker. I like Mr. Baker (especially in that Sinbad movie), but Tom Baker episodes are all I've got to watch right now. At least I get to see Romana. The Brunette version. She dressed really cool.  

Umberella

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:49 am
I Ceymore Ratz
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

These are the series I have seen.

Looks like you missed the second and the sixth incarnations of the Doctor. I would have to say that I liked the sixth incarnation the least, so don't feel too bad on that one lol biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:49 pm
Did you guys see the Doctor Who in the Avatar Arena this week? Check the date on this post so you don't go looking when he's long gone. I forgot his name... crying
User Image  

Umberella

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:46 pm
You forgot HIS NAME?!?
You FORGOT?!?

It's a good thing I'm still in a good mood from having that spider thing removed.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:37 am
DocWho

It's an embarrassing slip up.
The user who dressed as Doctor Who is named Doc Who.
YAY!!!  

Umberella

AmberKatt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:41 pm
Harbone
I got so excited by that girl who was skairt of Dr. Who that I went out and got me my own spider!

In real life??

Nifty!

What kind of spider?

(I've got four. In real life. Big hairy tarantulas. Which is really strange, because I've been intensely bug-phobic since my early teens.)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:28 am
AmberKatt
Harbone

In real life??

Nifty!

What kind of spider?

(I've got four. In real life. Big hairy tarantulas. Which is really strange, because I've been intensely bug-phobic since my early teens.)
You serious? I could never own a bug, and you are phobic and own them? You are one brave girl!  

Velouria Dragoon

Umberella

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:05 am
Actually, Harbone is in the Avatar Arena this week and he has an icky chestplate of Aracnid(?) on his avatar. No real bugs in the house except the uninvited ones.
Sorry. redface
I was thinking of getting a blue crawfish though. Kind of creepy and spidery looking. Maybe it was a baby lobster. I saw them at my local Petsmart.

I could see one of them magnified a thousand times, chasing the Doctor as Leela tries to stab it.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang kind of monster, growing in the sewers!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:56 am
NOOOOOOO Don't let the Doctor Who thread die. It CANNOT!!! Look, it is regenerating as I type... blaugh domokun ninja  

Velouria Dragoon

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:41 pm
Fine. Okay.
Here's a controversy:

Was the Sylvester McCoy stuff really like a Cheap Country Pantomime?

I just thought it was a little faster paced than the previous seasons (the Colin Baker stuff could be really slooooow.) Some of the shows, like Ghostlight, you had to really watch closely.

And I, for one, am a big fan of The Greatest Show in the Galaxy and the Happiness Patrol (Umberella's second favorite story arc, her favorite is Stones of Blood for the line "Too Late!" Pronounced "Dooo Laaaate!" by the male druid as he realizes the shapeshifting Calleach is about to lay down some Ogri hurtin' on his hemogoblin-rich behind!)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:17 pm
Harbone
Fine. Okay.
Here's a controversy:

I just thought it was a little faster paced than the previous seasons (the Colin Baker stuff could be really slooooow.) Some of the shows, like Ghostlight, you had to really watch closely.

And I, for one, am a big fan of The Greatest Show in the Galaxy and the Happiness Patrol (Umberella's second favorite story arc, her favorite is Stones of Blood for the line "Too Late!" Pronounced "Dooo Laaaate!" by the male druid as he realizes the shapeshifting Calleach is about to lay down some Ogri hurtin' on his hemogoblin-rich behind!)

The Colin Baker stuff was really slow. I am not a huge fan of his incarnation of the Doctor. His was an instable regeneration at best. And what the heck was he wearing?? I mean the Doctor always dressed in a unique way, but Colin Baker's costume was just an eyesore. *shiver*  

Velouria Dragoon

AmberKatt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:23 pm
Harbone
Fine. Okay.
Here's a controversy:

There is a reason why most of the plots were so abysmal for the Sylvester McCoy episodes. The guy in charge overall (the head of the Beeb? The head of their department of the Beeb? I can't remember exactly what his position was....) hated the show, and wanted desperately to kill it, but it was too dang popular both in Britain and overseas. So he sacked the whole crew of writers/editors and brought in a new bunch from the British soaps arenas, people who knew very little to nothing about science fiction series writing in general and Dr, Who in particular. He wanted to make the show so bad that its ratings would dive, thus giving him an excuse to cancel the show.

The fact that it survived as long as it did even after his sabotage shows how much we Whovians loved our Doctor, in spite of any attempts to kill him off. And in spite of big letter-writing campaigns (in the States at least; I don't know about Britain) to keep the show going, he finally did succeed in getting it cancelled.

For a while, at least.  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces