Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
About being pro-life or pro-choice... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now, are you pro-life or pro-choice?
  Pro-life [if so, I want to see what happens if you get impregnated as a result of rape]
  Pro-choice [I agree.]
View Results

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:59 pm
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun
there are people saying they're pro-life, but it's fine to get an abortion if you were raped or something.

THAT MAKES YOU PRO-CHOICE.

PRO-LIFE MEANS NO ABORTION. PERIOD. YOU DO NOT GIVE A ******** IF THE GIRL WAS RAPED. THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH EXCRUCIATING LABOR BECAUSE YOU'RE PRO-LIFE AND YOU SAY SO.

Get that in your head.

EVERYONE IS PRO-CHOICE UNLESS YOU ANT TO MAKE SOME GIRL GO THROUGH ALL NINE MONTHS WITH SOME STRANGER'S SEED GROWING INSIDE OF HER AND MAKE HER GIVE BIRTH TO IT.

kthxbai

I am PROLIFE, but that is because another human being should not have to suffer for another person's stupid choice. RAPE is bad, but that does not mean that you have to kill a baby. There are other options, like adoption. I care that person was RAPED but they should not have an abortion.

So it's ok for her to suffer 9 months of carrying some b*****d's child? That's like saying, "Oh no, don't worry. Rape isn't all that bad, at least you get a baby that's really only half yours. Oh and don't worry about the STD's you could possibly have. It's all good because you have that glob growing in you. It doesn't matter that some strange guy came up and grabbed you, forced you down and raped the living s**t out of you. At least you weren't stabbed." *Smiles*

SERIOUSLY?! D:<
YOU ******** PEOPLE MAKE ME RAGE!!!!!!!

I NEVER SAID THAT IT DIDN'T MATTER!!!!! I SAID THAT I DO CARE THAT PERSON WAS RAPED!!!! I just don't think that you should have an abortion. You will have to suffer from the pain of the abortion and the emotional stress from it. SO either way you are going to suffer.

I won't suffer at all from having an abortion. I wouldn't even think twice about it. So don't speak for everyone just because you'd feel bad for having an abortion. You don't know how we all would feel about it.
I would, however, suffer from the guilt of giving my own flesh and blood away. I don't care if the kid was a product of rape, I would never forgive myself for abandoning my own child. Simply having a child from my rapist would cause me to suffer, let alone giving it away. I would prefer the abortion to prevent myself from suicide, thanks.

I wouldn't feel any guilt. In the early stages, the "human" is nothing more than a zygote. Killing it would be no different then killing skin cells just by rubbing your arm.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:00 pm
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel

So it's ok for her to suffer 9 months of carrying some b*****d's child? That's like saying, "Oh no, don't worry. Rape isn't all that bad, at least you get a baby that's really only half yours. Oh and don't worry about the STD's you could possibly have. It's all good because you have that glob growing in you. It doesn't matter that some strange guy came up and grabbed you, forced you down and raped the living s**t out of you. At least you weren't stabbed." *Smiles*

I NEVER SAID THAT IT DIDN'T MATTER!!!!! I SAID THAT I DO CARE THAT PERSON WAS RAPED!!!! I just don't think that you should have an abortion. You will have to suffer from the pain of the abortion and the emotional stress from it. SO either way you are going to suffer.

I won't suffer at all from having an abortion. I wouldn't even think twice about it. So don't speak for everyone just because you'd feel bad for having an abortion. You don't know how we all would feel about it.
I would, however, suffer from the guilt of giving my own flesh and blood away. I don't care if the kid was a product of rape, I would never forgive myself for abandoning my own child. Simply having a child from my rapist would cause me to suffer, let alone giving it away. I would prefer the abortion to prevent myself from suicide, thanks.

That is what I meant by suffer. I meant emotionaly. I did not say all. MOST women who have abortions suffer emotional trauma, and some medical issues. Like not being able to have kids later.

I know what you meant. And once again your speaking for other women. How do you know how MOST women will feel after getting an abortion. Show me proof or stop putting words in other people's mouths. Because you don't know MOST of the women in the world.

And the not being able to have kids thing depends on how professional your doctor is, how early into the pregnancy you get the abortion, and how many times you've already had an abortion. If you get one abortion after being raped, and that be the only abortion you ever have, it won't cause you to never be able to have kids.

*claps* well put.  

Matron Mord Sith

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:03 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel

That is what I meant by suffer. I meant emotionaly. I did not say all. MOST women who have abortions suffer emotional trauma, and some medical issues. Like not being able to have kids later.

I know what you meant. And once again your speaking for other women. How do you know how MOST women will feel after getting an abortion. Show me proof or stop putting words in other people's mouths. Because you don't know MOST of the women in the world.

And the not being able to have kids thing depends on how professional your doctor is, how early into the pregnancy you get the abortion, and how many times you've already had an abortion. If you get one abortion after being raped, and that be the only abortion you ever have, it won't cause you to never be able to have kids.

*claps* well put.

Why, thank you. 8D  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:14 pm
Does anyone know anything about anti-abortion violence? That's something that hasn't been brought up yet. I find it rather ironic that these people who value life would choose to hurt people for their cause. I also think that it's rather ironic that these people would murder doctors who provide abortions. How can they justify murder as a punishment for "murder"? They need to practice what they preach, I think.  

Rei Uchikino

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:21 pm
Rei Uchikino
Does anyone know anything about anti-abortion violence? That's something that hasn't been brought up yet. I find it rather ironic that these people who value life would choose to hurt people for their cause. I also think that it's rather ironic that these people would murder doctors who provide abortions. How can they justify murder as a punishment for "murder"? They need to practice what they preach, I think.

Yeah, I noticed that. It really bothers me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Rei Uchikino

Me too. Their logic really doesn't make sense to me. Even if I was pro-life I would have enough sense to think, "Hmm, I value life. So instead of using violence I think I'll stick to peaceful protesting." You know?  

Rei Uchikino

Kimmy_is_awesome

Sparkling Shounen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:08 pm
So is abortion murder when you're less than six months into pregnancy and know that there are cells dividing in your uterus that will create a baby? The cells don't even think, they just divide to create a baby. How can getting an abortion from an unifnished human being be murder. They've never lived, they have no memories, thoughts or intellengece. They're just there. :/ I don't get how getting an abortion to somethign that is just a lump of human cells murder. Someonemind explaining this part to me?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:18 pm
I am your Mord Sith
joe_is_my_hubby
I am your Mord Sith
joe_is_my_hubby
broken_bleeding_angel

I'd rather an abortion over a 9 month pregnancy and the painful process of giving birth k thanks. Plus I don't want to ruin my perfect figure over some brat that I'm not even going to keep.

So you would kill an innocent being that has done nothing to you because you don't want to ruin your figure? That is selfish. My mom has had 11 kids and she has an hour glass shape.

Yeah, and its selfish of you for thinking that a girl should have a kid that she doesn't even want. Rape is punishment enough and it would be cruel to make her have that bastards kid.

Call me selfish, call me a monster. I have no morals and I really don't care about what you think of me. I'm pro choice and if I get knocked up before I want to, you can bet your sweet a** that I'm going to abort the little ********. Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Mord, I love you, hahahaha.
And I agree, even if abortion was illegal and I got knocked up, I'd probably find a way to either miscarriage or abort it myself. I wouldn't want it any time soon. I'm not going to suffer for 9 ******** months over some thing I don't even want.

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:42 pm
Rei Uchikino
I am your Mord Sith
Rei Uchikino

Me too. Their logic really doesn't make sense to me. Even if I was pro-life I would have enough sense to think, "Hmm, I value life. So instead of using violence I think I'll stick to peaceful protesting." You know?

The best reasoning I've been able to come up with is that killing an abortion doctor saves the lives of thousands of fetuses that the doctor would otherwise abort.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:45 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby

Giving a child up for adoption can (and often does) cause emotional suffering for the mother. If you're going to say that abortion should be avoided due to long-term emotional effects, adoption should be avoided for the same reason.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:56 pm
Candy Flavored Kittens

And I agree, even if abortion was illegal and I got knocked up, I'd probably find a way to either miscarriage or abort it myself.

Going on a tangent related to this...

One of the things that I don't get about the pro-life side is that they act like making abortion illegal will mean that it will stop happening. People have found ways to cause abortions since women could get pregnant, but self-induced or back-alley abortions can be really dangerous for the mother. A lot of the older abortion doctors chose the profession because they'd seen women brought in to hospitals because of an illegal abortion.

Mord, I saw your response to my post, but I don't have time to respond to it right now. I'll get to it later tonight.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:22 pm
Five pages in and I already see capslock? I'm sad. sad

I figure if the child has a "right to life" and if you ARE killing an innocent human being, then you can NOT say rape is an excuse for abortion, because either the child has a right to life, or it doesn't. The circumstances of its creation don't affect its right to life at all, logically.

Should the mother step up and care for the child if she thought she was mature enough for procreative activities? Possibly. I would encourage her to do so and support groups that try to make life easier for unexpected mothers. But I feel that's ultimately her choice, I'm not here to dictate how people live their lives or procreate.

Rape is a horrible horrible thing. Having to endure an unexpected, unwanted pregnancy is a horrible thing. Having to do both is worse. But logically, if all fetuses have a right to life, you can't say one has MORE of a right to life than the other because one mother wanted sex and the other didn't.

Just getting that out of the way.  

On Your Six

Enduring Soldier

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 pm
I think that late-term abortions are wrong. But if it's early, it is NOT A BABY. It is a life FORM but not a baby. It doesn't have feelings or thoughts or a conscious until later. I'm pro-choice. Pro-life people are stupid. As everyone's saying, let's see how they feel if THEY were raped.

Edit: And I'm terrified at the thought of giving birth, and there ARE kids who were put up for adoption. More good people should adopt. The world is overpopulated anyway :/ There are TONS of kids that need a GOOD home and I'd much rather adopt an abandoned child than go through a terrible 9 months and the most painful day of my life ever. And plus you have your period for weeks after.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:43 pm
On Your Six
Five pages in and I already see capslock? I'm sad. sad

I figure if the child has a "right to life" and if you ARE killing an innocent human being, then you can NOT say rape is an excuse for abortion, because either the child has a right to life, or it doesn't. The circumstances of its creation don't affect its right to life at all, logically.

Should the mother step up and care for the child if she thought she was mature enough for procreative activities? Possibly. I would encourage her to do so and support groups that try to make life easier for unexpected mothers. But I feel that's ultimately her choice, I'm not here to dictate how people live their lives or procreate.

Rape is a horrible horrible thing. Having to endure an unexpected, unwanted pregnancy is a horrible thing. Having to do both is worse. But logically, if all fetuses have a right to life, you can't say one has MORE of a right to life than the other because one mother wanted sex and the other didn't.

Just getting that out of the way.

It's not a PERSON though. You wouldn't have any oppostition to say, stepping on a plant would you? It's a life FORM, but killing it wouldnt constitute as murder. Same with a fetus. I dont support late-term abortions, but if you abort early there's nothing wrong with it. It's a life form, not a human. It's not murder.  

The_Brightest_Moon

On Your Six

Enduring Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:58 pm
The_Brightest_Moon
It's not a PERSON though. You wouldn't have any oppostition to say, stepping on a plant would you? It's a life FORM, but killing it wouldnt constitute as murder. Same with a fetus. I dont support late-term abortions, but if you abort early there's nothing wrong with it. It's a life form, not a human. It's not murder.

I agree. It's certainly a human being, just in a very undeveloped form, but it's not a person and I wouldn't consider it murder.

I was just throwing my limits on the debate out there that one cannot say "Abortion is murder because the child has a right to life" and at the same time say "Except in the case of rape", because IF the first quote is true, then that child still has a right to life and abortion is still murder. It doesn't logically follow to suddenly have an exception out of nowhere.

Either abortion is acceptable in all cases* because you are not murdering a human child/person/whatever, or it is unacceptable in all cases because the 'child' has a right to life and to deprive them of that is murder and wrong.
*we can restrict time, however. Late term abortions are a no, because the child is viable outside the womb.

You can't have it both ways and base the 'child's' RIGHT to life off the circumstances of the mother's birth.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff