Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Do you cosplay in character? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How in character are you when you cosplay?
Not at all
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
I'm only in character for skits
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Sometimes, it's fun :D
67%
 67%  [ 90 ]
Character? I predict a 99% probability that I am L. :|
24%
 24%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 134

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm
Hoshi no Miko
Well when I am in private with my friends, I am generally myself. However, when someone asks for my picture, or I am walking around the convention grounds, I try to be as "in character" as possible when I am cosplaying. I would say that it's 75%/25% split for me, 75% being the time I try to be in character. I have to admit though, it doesn't really bother me when cosplayers are "out of character" when they're cosplaying. I mostly like to see their costumes, and admire the work they've put into it.

Same here. I try to be in character but when I'm with friends that doesn't happen unless they are doing a group cosplay with me.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:52 am
I am in character a whooooole lot. My personallity differs slightly from Karkat and Alois, so it's kinda easy for me to slip in and out of character. I keep hold of what me and what's not me though. I mean come on, would an actor in a movie just become his character before, durning, and after the filming of it? Hell naw. When people talk to me at cons, I respond in character. It's just that simple. I'm still in the process of making sure the voice I use in character is perfect. As for my friends, I don't know. I think they find it funny when I am in character, so i'll do it at random times just for shits. I don't mind if people are out of character. In fact, my besty best friend finds it really really hard to be in character, but I don't bash her for it. Being in character is just reeeeeeeeeallly fun. emotion_c8  

AdriGail

6,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Heddy-oji

Aged Dabbler

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 am
The only cosplay I ever attepted was Great Saiyaman for Halloween. I tried all the poses but sadly none of the photos were worthy (was still using 35mm film). Maybe I can try to photo shop one someday?  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:11 pm
I try to stay in-character most of the time, but when I'm chilling with friends or doing something important, I'm not really in character.  

ChocoboxDreamer

SasuNaru_Master

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:01 pm
It's kinda hard >.<
I mean, I have just started cosplaying, so maybe that's why. I'm like the first of my friends to branch out to that. I feel so late in it haha.
My cosplay is a Naruko Vocaloid. There's no way I can be as outgoing as him. I get embarrassed/red easy and yeah xD Here's to trying to be at least 5% in character, and not with just the gay jokes I get.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 am
Oh wow. I haven't thought about this much. I sometimes get into character, but only when someone approaches me personally about whoever I am. Like if I'm Dawn from Pokemon I'll talk about my prop Piplup or something. But other than that, I tend to be myself. I'm kind of embarrassed to get into character...  

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

yukia-fujiyuki

Thieving Rogue

5,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:59 pm
I'm planning to crossplay in the next month... [Lyzerg from Shaman King woohoo] I'm normal with my friends but when someone wants to take a picture of course I'll pose like my character smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:14 am
Sometimes I try to act in character if I'm hanging out with people from the same series or if a person says something to my character instead the actual me.
I do a kind of "if you act in character to me, I'll act in character to you" thing. 3nodding

It's fun acting in character, although I find I don't get to do it as much anymore since I stopped doing Hetalia cosplays :<  

BlauerMond13

IRL Conventioneer

7,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:06 pm
I'm only in character for fan-videos, photos, and what not.
However, whenever I cosplay Grell, he and I are legit the same personality [give or take a few small details]. Flamboyant, psychotic, flirtatious, moody, and what not. I think that's why I love him so much. xD;;  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:14 pm
I try to stay in character when cosplaying, well at lease with the pictures, unless there is a special request. It's kind of hard for me because I'm a giggle type person so it's hard because I sometimes like the serious character.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

OokamiValkire

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 pm
I just did a black Mokona cosplay and was having loads of fun hopping around and driving my sisters nuts! It was awesome!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:11 am
I try to stay in character for I'm getting asked for pictures or people try to start conversations. Hands down most fun i had in character was being The Merchant from RE4. I had a lot of people walk up to me and ask "Hey Merchant what are ya selling?" I'd totally respond back to them in character and I got a few pictures of people trying to sell me stuff or trying buy stuff off me. Pretty funny stuff. Shoot I remember in the dealers room one of the dealers asked me if he could get video of me doing my Merchant thing. But yeah it's fun with the right character and people that know who you are.  

Commander Iowa

O.G. Bloodsucker

6,890 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:06 pm
I try to cosplay in character, but it doesn't always happen. XD

It really depends on the situation that I'm in, such as how people talk/act around me. If it's for pictures, I tend to be in character. If its during conversation, it really depends. Also, it depends what character that you're cosplaying as. Some characters are harder to be in character than others.

I have seen some epic 'being in character' from other people. I remembered an amazing Captain Jack Sparrow cosplayer. He acted and moved like Captain Jack Sparrow. However, he didn't talk at all in his act. I guess that was because he probably didn't practice enough to get the voice down. Don't get me wrong...the guy does talk. A friend of mine talked to him after the convention.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:25 pm
I act my cosplay character when im around others in public and especially around the children its such a great feeling when u can mke a kid smile because your their favorite hero or cartoon character etc, i love inspiring them to where hopefully theyll grow to love cosplaying just as much as i do. whee  

kayvirus

Interesting Raider

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Femme Riddle

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:04 am
I'm usually in character in photos or when we are walking around convention halls~ but when I'm with my friends resting/just chatting in a corner then I'm not. Usually I pick characters that are close to my personality, so it usually isn't very difficult 3nodding  
-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff