Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
canon or fic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanfic or canon?
  fanfic ^_^
  canon -.- (can you tell i'm biased? XD)
View Results

kimika56

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:27 pm
I liked up to book 4, mostly, but it was actually back when I reread PoA that I found my slash parallels. I became a big fan of slash because of that.
But I prefer fanfics to canon anyday.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:36 am
Yha, I like the books, I always have, but I love the slash a lot more. It just seems so perfect, you know?  

Catzyllah

Ichigo Stardust

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:47 pm
It's really sad when people prefer the fanfic over the real thing, me included.
It should say something to the author of said...series. XD

I enjoy the fanfic. I feel that the books are limited and I want more with no boundries. I want my Sirius alive and I prefer my Draco shagging the Scarhead.

To put it this way, I have read the books once. Fanfiction I have read more than once. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:45 pm
HarryXGinny makes me cry...
And I hate how Rowling would probably say something about how Harry and Draco completely hate each other, and how Draco is a cold-hearted bad boy...
The books are interesting... But she has no sense of romance or teenage angst...
I also hate how Harry acts like a 12-year-old when he's 16.

364 Unbirthdays

`[snapexc0re!]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:26 am
Mmmm.. I like the canon books.. BUT, since it takes so long for each book to be released, I usually get hooks on fanfiction all over again for the wait. I guess HBP really disappointed me the most ((NO NOT BECAUSE OF GINNY/HARRY.. Harry can bang whoever the hell he wants)) because REMUS LUPIN got together with TONKS. Which, in my books, is NOT RIGHT.

Remus Lupin belongs with SNAPE. ((YESH YESH, I WAS VERR VERR DISAPPOINTED WHEN HE AVADA'D DUMBY... -ish lying- Nahhhh, I was happy that' Dumby's dead. Never really liked him anyways.))

heart LUPIN + SNAPE heart

That should be canon. xD

But even though I think I've read all the Hermione/Snape, Remus/Snape fics out there.. I don't think I'm just going to forget the real books just like that. We mustn't forget that fan fics are just the readers OF THE BOOKS' using her characters to write their own stories.. they're not predicting the future of the books or writing the end. If it weren't for canon and J.K creating her characters that you all pick and choose to be compatible, we wouldn't be here discussing this.

Besides, not one story out there has characters that are in character all the way through, EXCEPT the canon. J.K Rowling knows her story and her characters. Fan Fic writers, as much as they try, usually end up making the characters a bit different to make them 'fall in love' or whatnot. So really, we're just falling for the changed characters and not the characters that J.K's created.. so really we''re kind of liking whole new characters..

Meh. I dunno if that made sense.. sounded more logical in my head. LOL. I'm probably wrong, but that's my rant for today. xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:46 pm
I like fanfics best because there can be things that happen in it like HarryXDraco that I know won't happen in the books.  

.[P!nky].

Minorly-Crazy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:18 pm
jaded1004
to be honest i don't like rowling much sweatdrop i've never liked her at all.. i think she's extremely overrated... but!!! i've read all her books because...

i heart hp slash!

i don't read slash after i read the canon, i read the books BECAUSE of the slash i really think there are so many fanfic writers that're much more talented than rowling -.- we should let them finish the series xd

but yeah! i hate what they've done to draco i like stoic draco not whiny prissy mess draco -.- and i absolutely hate harry x ginny ;_; *cries* in my eyes harry will only have 1 true love (which is draco)

so what does everyone think? are the original books better than the slash? if you had to pick one, which would it be?

while i agree wit teh prissy draco hating stotic or asswhole draco are so muchbetter
i hate harryxginny
i perfer ginnyxdraco if i have to put up with it you know
but i believe harry's 1 and only true love is none other than Seveus Snape<-(he's a sexy beast!!!) mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:04 pm
GINNY MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that that's over with. I hate. Absolutely hate Harry/Ginny. It is the worst pairing ever conceived. I have read better fanfictions. So yes, I much prefer fanfics over Rowling by this point... because book 6 acted like one. It was a bad immitation of good writing. I mean, what kind of author just spontaneously decides that teenagers much suddenly be overcome with hormones, and ravish one another. And what's worse is that it's not just the teenagers that pair up! It's everybody! Something in the water. I'm telling you.
Anyway- excuse my ranting madly, but I really hate to say it, but book 7 better be ******** amazing, because after book 6, I'd be happier to just stick with fanfics.  

severelyconfused111

vesta_vesves_star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Yeah the whole Harry Ginny thing realy doesn't seem right it just seemed.... not good. Harry needs a little more of a life in my opinion, and see that the whole damn world isn't out to get him. Ronxhermiony bugs be a little too but thats just because I'm weird. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:54 am
I'm a Hermione/Snape shipper. So Hermione picking a red headed dumbass kind of struck me, but hey, it's J.K Rowling's world, right? Hopefully, Ron'll die xD hehh... oops.. that was mean right? Sorry..

twisted

`[snapexc0re!]

Yoshiki-san

Demonic Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:16 am
(lol, my first post in the guild.....^^; )

I'm OK with pretty much all HP canon pairings except Remus/Tonks...*shudders*...

I can see canon and slash as different worlds and I can love and accept them both.

Except I have a tiny little problem. When I see Sirius and Remus paired up with anyone else than each other I grow sharp teeth, sharp nails and bite. Maybe cause they are so close to being canon, maybe cause they are my favourite slash pairing of all time....I dunno. I just can't stand seeing them not being together.

And hmm...I dunno. I was always expecting the Harry/Ginny and Hermione/Ron thing so I guess I got used to it?... Plus, as far as het pairings go, I prefer most canon ones than the fan ones....(except Remus/Tonks, I repeat. x_x; )

As for Rowling....I don't think she is a bad writer, as a matter offact I love her writting. I don't know if I love or hated book 6 but I do agree that the sudden pairing up of everyone available was a bit...I dunno...akward.

edit: cheh, I forgot to mention this. Fanfics do have a better plot as far as it concerns romance. BUT I do not read the Harry Potter books for the romance plot....I read it for the overall plot and character development. I've seen many fanfics that have an awesome character development as the story progresses but none really had such an awesome plot that would drag m in it and make me feel part of it. Most of the slash fanfics I'veread are solely based on how the romance between two charas will progress. (of course I might just bereading the wrong fics...)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:15 am
Lafaera
I'm really into fanfiction. Especially after the last book. It seemed almost like a poorly written fanfiction to me. Anyways, there are some fanfic writers that make me wonder why they don't write a book of their own. xd xp >

Yeah, my friends and me thought the same thing, the 6th book was like a poorly written fanfiction.

I remember the leak of...who dies, and someone posted the pages, and i thought "ha i dont think so, she would never write that badly"

and yet she did.
;.;  

[B][U][M][P]

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kiera Greyback

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:12 pm
I only like the 5th one. The horror and torture of reading about people cutting themselves with pens... the 6th one needed more action though. I think Harry might get killed off in the next coming one though... gonk oh well I'll still write slash about him  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:47 pm
Quote:
Except I have a tiny little problem. When I see Sirius and Remus paired up with anyone else than each other I grow sharp teeth, sharp nails and bite. Maybe cause they are so close to being canon, maybe cause they are my favourite slash pairing of all time....I dunno. I just can't stand seeing them not being together.

Exactly, same with me in this case. I actually yelled at my book at... that certain part and said "Remus are you NUTS?! scream " It was a real heart breaker for me since I only discovered the ship a mere two or three months before. stare

As for all the other canon ships... well, they typically irk me. A lot. sweatdrop I just can't help but think "He/she can do better than that..."

I prefer fanfiction nowadays so I can bask in the contenment of seeing things going my way, to some extent. And 'cause the books after year 4 tick me off sometimes. x3
If I want to read a fic where Draco is osessed with orange sherbert, then by jove I'll find one or write one myself! xd I like fanfiction's flexibility. n_n

Nellynae

Minorly-Crazy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:43 pm
i agree somewhat
my faveorite books are 1,3,5 mrgreen (i love the snake in book two and thats pretty much my faveorite thing about that book) mrgreen  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff