Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
An Open World (3.5)(Full) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 7 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 6, 3, 6, 6, 5 Total: 33 (7-42)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 am
rerolling ones.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 am
Yeah, I like those stats much better. So much more dangerous.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 am
There, I've edited him up to something closer to a finished form. If I end up playing in this game, I'll make a nice purdy pdf file for the character sheet. Thanks Raganui for pointing out my spending mistake; that's what I get for doing this from memory at 2 am.

This is a character that doesn't fit quite right into most campaigns, but in an open world like this, all the extras should be of interest, even if he leaves them behind when doing anything important. His story is that he leads a band of roughians in a makeshift marsh stronghold, probably somewhere where the government doesn't serve its people very well. Kinda Robin Hood, but with a dash of Viking. What he offers these men, in exchange for their service, is the chance of a lifetime - excitement, adventure, and the opportunity to accomplish more than they ever thought possible on their own.

With the help of the Major, he trains and manages this group of men. I'm assuming he'll get Leadership bonuses for 'Special Power' (+3 to hit and damage, plus haste, has got to be a rush for anyone under him), and if possible, I'd like to scrape together a makeshift barracks and some barricades on a small marsh island somewhere, to count as a base of operations. The men would supply the labor for that, but if I'm allowed it at all, I could have him spend 5,000 gold or so on lumber and materials. They're still vagabonds, not conscripts, so he doesn't bother with providing meals or any other conveniences; those are up to the individual.

Followers will be outlined in more detail once leadership gets sorted out, but the basics are that they're human warriors, each with a masterwork mighty composite longbow, chain shirt, short sword, buckler, and throwing net. Since they're pretty generic, they all use either the standard array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 ) or a non-elite array (14, 12, 11, 10, 8, 8 ) for their stats, depending on how above average the DM wants them to be (hitpoints too, average or max?). Feats are either Weapon Focus - Longbow and Toughness, or Point-Blank Shot and Precise Shot. They get Knowledge (Tactics) as a skill, though a cross-class one. They're trained to stay back, use their bows, and if anyone gets close, to throw the net at them and get other nearby followers to help shoot the target. Gerard doesn't give them longswords despite their proficiency, because as he says, "If you've got one, you'll feel like you should use it." He tries hard to keep his men out of the fray, instead having them provide excellent cover to himself and the Major as they duke it out up close.

His highest level follower is actually an elf expert, trained in various useful skills, who serves as the arms instructor for the men. In the event that Gerard and Lou have something important come up that they have to depart for, this guy'll keep things running at the status quo.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:14 am
This character sheet is ALMOST finished. I just have to add some descriptions and other items on here, but then I will be finished...I think. If you see any problems, then please tell me so I can get them fixed.

Assax Rudloft  

aimike3

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 pm
Fixed a few things, like the serious overspending on cohort stats. I also remembered that the cleric was intended to use a house rule, letting him deal strength-and-a-half damage with gauntlets by using them as a two-handed weapon. I spelled it out here, so let me know if it's acceptable.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 5, 2, 5, 2, 1, 1, 2, 5, 6, 1, 2, 4, 3, 4, 2, 1, 6, 1 Total: 60 (20-120)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:12 pm
Y'know, I really ought to go ahead and roll for stats for Kimi. After all, she might as well be at an equal power level.

So, here's the first four stats.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura rolled 20 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 5, 1, 3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 1, 2, 5, 2, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 4, 6 Total: 70 (20-120)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:14 pm
And the next four.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 9 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 3, 4, 1, 2, 4, 2, 2 Total: 26 (9-54)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:15 pm
Wow. 9 rolls of 1. Gotta reroll them.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:16 pm
And rerolling one more one.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm
Disciple of Sakura
And rerolling one more one.

Okay, let's try that again. stare  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 pm
XD Hope those rolls worked out better for you after all them one's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:29 pm
KamikaziFreak : I'm not a fan of allowing followers to come on adventures. I've seen instances of entire sections of followers be taken into dungeons and the like.

I'll allow the followers for a background idea, they will man and keep your marsh fort. You can send them out of missions and the like, getting items/gathering information. But not to take them with the main party.

The boxing variant is fine, I dont see a problem with it.

aimike3 : You need to drop to level 8 wizard if your going to be Drow. They have an LA of 2. If you want I can dig up the lesser Drow variant that lets you play a Drow at LA 0. You'll keep your full ten wizard levels then.

Seems to be all the questions for now.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

aimike3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:43 pm
Alright. I can drop a couple levels.

Edit: So would that just be my class level or would that be my character level as well?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 pm
Ok, not bringing them on adventures sounds like a good plan anyway. He's trained them well, but they're still not very good out of their element, and are too much of a liability to lead around very far from the marsh. I would still like to stat them out pretty thoroughly, even if the stuff only comes up in RP context.

The questions are still there then for followers: stats block and hitpoints. I'm assuming you've ok'd the 'special power' and 'has a base of operations' leadership modifiers? And do I need to spend 5,000 gp on the fort?  

KamikaziFreak

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:47 pm
Open-world huh? And at lvl 10? God I want to play... But I don't want to take the place of players that haven't gotten to play a game/few games/people who have time to play on a regular basis....

So tempting...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces