Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
A Shot in the Dark [4E] - Recruitment 7/6 ---FULL--- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:16 pm
NayrVentess
Rain Yupa
Form feet and legs! Form arms and torso!

^^ By the by Rain, how do you pronounce Khnurn?

With a lot of phlegm.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:19 pm
Would it be too confusing if I renamed my powers? I'm trying to think of a way to edit the names to something to fit theme for my character and still have the original name, but that makes for a lot of info crammed into the name bar, as I already have the type, level, and handbook listed. Full descriptions of powers copy pasted from the PDFs as well.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:30 pm
NayrVentess
Rain Yupa
Form feet and legs! Form arms and torso!

^^ By the by Rain, how do you pronounce Khnurn?

There goes my attempt at the perfect Voltron T^T

Also, Kuh-nurn.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:31 pm
Nah, that sounds cool to me. I mean in generic DnD there are no rifles, what difference does it make if you change the power name as well? Just put your new name in the name bar, then put the original name in the power box above all the other information so I know what you're talking about.

Got to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing what your character sheet is going to look like. >.<  

joe-dude667

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:44 pm
Uh... well, it's a mythweavers sheet and I pretty much am setting it the same way I've learned I like (with a few neat tricks I've picked up from Rain along the way). And I'm moving my notes on ability and feat bonuses down to private notes to clear room for a bigger history.... and a lot of extra notes so I can rename powers and gear for flavor.

I'm trying to sit on MOST of the actual notes regarding him until I finish puzzling over what to do with him and finish the profile. But I get the feeling him and Khnurn are going to either love or hate each other.

...the teamwork strategies Rain and I have developed so far do not clarify this any for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:51 pm
Pfft. Like you need strategic reasons to shoot the gigantic demonic hound I'll be conjuring every time I get stressed out. stare  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:06 pm
joe-dude667
Shneider - The Human Paladin of Pelor
The Audit

As Rain mentioned, Supernal isn't a starting language. =(

I really enjoyed your background. You can employ a background Benefit for an extra +2 to a skill or class skill. There are plenty to choose from from PHB2 and the dragon articles (a good one might be Bereaved from Dragon380, +2 to insight/religion).

I think you've made a mistake with your ability scores. I'm assuming you gave your Human Bonus to Strength, but then you've spent 2 too many points to get the results you've got. One of those 14's are going to have to be dropped down one for it to fit.

You've shorted yourself a skill training!

With that all sorted, you are done mister. 4laugh Award yourself a lvl1 item at your own leisure.
Second language changed. I don't have the Dragon magazines, so I have no backgrounds to choose from. And I added the Human +2 bonus to Strength, yes. And extra skill added.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:44 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Second language changed. I don't have the Dragon magazines, so I have no backgrounds to choose from. And I added the Human +2 bonus to Strength, yes. And extra skill added.

That's fair enough. In that case you might as well take the Bereaved benefit. Giving you a misc+2 in either Religion or Insight. Fits quite well, and I don't want you to miss out on something simply because you don't have the material (even if it's just a measly +2 to a skill >.< ).

You still need to change your scores. You're current point total equals -2. You'll need to change one of those 14's to a 13 to equalise it (or bring your Strength down to 17, if you're so inclined).  

joe-dude667

Felix Jude Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 pm
done?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:10 pm
joe-dude667
Keith Valken Lionheart

That's fair enough. In that case you might as well take the Bereaved benefit. Giving you a misc+2 in either Religion or Insight. Fits quite well, and I don't want you to miss out on something simply because you don't have the material (even if it's just a measly +2 to a skill >.< ).

You still need to change your scores. You're current point total equals -2. You'll need to change one of those 14's to a 13 to equalise it (or bring your Strength down to 17, if you're so inclined).
Gave myself the background, reduced Str to 17. Anything else? Also, gave myself a +1 weapon, a Greatsword. Is that OK?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:49 am
@Keith/Felix:
You can both make cameo's in Nayr and Rain's pilot because you are done. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:54 am
Just had a look at what the party's looking like, if they haven't finished their characters already, I suggest Merc/Arc make a striker... Way it is at the moment we only have 1 striker, 1 leader, 2 defenders and THREE controllers! sweatdrop  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:01 am
Taedra has been updated, I spent the 360gp on ammunition and alchemical items. The stuff in the Magic Items and Equipment are what she has on her person, the stuff in the Other Items are at her house. Also updated her allies section, although still havn't adjusted her background, I will do soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:03 am
Merc has been in the process of making a Rogue. 3nodding Problem is, something fairly small keeps ruining the character. Usually, it winds up too squishy, something unacceptable for melee characters, in Merc's opinion. Was gonna use the Born Under a Bad Sign background to fix that, but oh well. Still probally using the story I came up with to make it make sense though, even though the bonus is disallowed.

Since this campaign is so player heavy Merc is gonna see what skills are lacking amongst the characters. If there isn't anything too detrimental a different melee striker will be made.

Edit:
History
Religion
Stealth
Intimidate
Diplomacy
Streetwise
Nature

Think that is all the team based skills founs amongst the finished sheets. No Arcana nor a Thief. Neither is truly important, although the latter is certainly useful.  

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:21 am
joe-dude667
Just had a look at what the party's looking like, if they haven't finished their characters already, I suggest Merc/Arc make a striker... Way it is at the moment we only have 1 striker, 1 leader, 2 defenders and THREE controllers! sweatdrop

Contollers = Seeker/Psion
Defenders = Fighter/Paladin
Leader = Shaman
Striker = Ranger

Current composition isn't too terrible to be honest. Party is Arcane light and range heavy but that isn't too terrible.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff