Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lonely_Keeper_of Time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:23 pm
Ariana thought on the subject at hand. It was nice to be among people who seemed just as smart as she was. She was not sure what to think about Hikari but the rest seemed nice. She found herself laughing along with the others. She slowly felt her nervousness ease away. "According to my father, new spells can be very difficult to develop. I know they are trying to at the Ministry. All that is hush hush as far as I know. To learn everything, you might have to live as long as Nickolas Flamel did with the Philosopher's Stone."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari ignored what Erin had said and had instead kept her eyes on the sorting. She didn't care what people thought of her. She didn't like large groups of people anyway. She would have been happy to have just gone right to bed without having to be at the feast with all these people. Hikari sighed, at least there was now food on the table. The sooner she was able to eat and go to bed the sooner she could start looking up things in the library. Hikari took some food and put it on the plate in front of her. She had the desire to just slip away into the back ground, never to be noticed again.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Solitary_Fey

Tricky Reveler

14,215 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:52 pm
User Image

~Erin Mooney~
-First Year-

User Image

Erin looked back at Hikari, noticing the girl's sudden silence. Did I say something that upset her? She hoped she hadn't. She was only trying to break the ice and get her to loosen up more. She figured she'd just let it go for now, see how things played out. If it seemed like Hikari had indeed been upset by her joke, she would figure out a way to apologize.

For now, Erin turned her attention to the feast that was now before her. Her stomach grumbled, and she realized that she had been extremely hungry. She grabbed various vegetable and pasta dishes and piled them on her plate. Looking over at a platter of chicken, she picked out the smallest piece she could find and set it down on the side of her plate, not touching the rest of her food. When no one was looking, she ripped off a small piece and tried to discreetly put it in her coat pocket, where Daeva happily ate it. She hadn't been told whether pets were allowed at the tables during meals.

"Uh, Xenos? Hikari?" she asked, looking between the two of them. "Are pets allowed out at mealtimes?" She knew even as the words were coming out of her mouth that she was doing a terrible job of keeping Daeva a secret. Oh well, she thought. Hopefully we're close enough by now that they won't tell on me if it's against the rules.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari thought for a moment. "I think if you have pet with then it's fine. Owls come around in the morning. I doubt you'll get into trouble if you brought a cat or something with you." Hikari shrugged. "Just as long as it doesn't get away from you." She added as an afterthought. She now regretted not having Crahi out with her right now. Okami would have been weird and most likely would have scared off a few first years but Crahi should have been fine since she was only a raven... made of pure energy. Hikari sighed at her forgetfulness.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Solitary_Fey

Tricky Reveler

14,215 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:11 pm
User Image

~Erin Mooney~
-First Year-

User Image

Erin smiled. "Really? That's great!" She reached into her pocket and pulled out the small black cat, ignoring its sharp cry of protest. She placed it gently on the table, next to the piece of chicken on her plate. "Make sure you don't wander off, sweetie. Just stay right here." Daeva mewed in response, then began scarfing down the chicken. Erin smiled, petting it's small, soft head.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:28 pm
User Image

"Yes I wouldn't worry too much. If Yuan can get away with his....pet out here then I'm certain you can too." Xenos said struggling to find the right word for the strange creature he'd been introduced to that summer. "Speaking of pets. How are Okami and Crahi, Hikari? Did they enjoy your trips?" He asked the quiet girl. Later he'd have to get her alone and find out if something happened to make her so distant.

"He's a beautiful creature what's his name?" Xenos asked after a moment when Erin placed the kitten on the table. Reaching out he ran a couple of fingers along the tiny creature's flank smiling slightly at the smooth feeling.

Turning to Ariana he said, "It can be diffcult yet, but there are some who seem to have a knack for it. At least to my understanding. Your father sounds like a smart man."
User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

lXl Tempus Temporis lXl

Invisible Phantom

14,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:41 pm
User Image
Danny Yahya 1st Year
Ravenclaw

Danny had soon come and sat down at the Ravenclaw table and started eating quietly. "I finally got sorted!" He thought happily as he looked around, from the first years at the table, he was the only guy. His first friend, Daemon, went to Slytherin.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:35 pm
User Image

~Erin Mooney~
-First Year-

User Image

"She," Erin corrected with a smile. She withdrew her hand so that Xenos could pet her. The cat's tiny body was too small to be easily pet by two people at once. "Her name is Daeva. Daevas are mythical creatures in some ancient lore. False gods," she explained. Daeva sniffed Xenos's hand once before turning back to her meal. A thought crossed Erin's mind. "Though now that I think of it, a lot of so-called mythical creatures actually do exist, it turns out. Merfolk, Centaurs, Werewolves...I wonder if Daevas really do exist. Do you know, Xenos?"

User Image

User Image

Solitary_Fey

Tricky Reveler

14,215 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Survivor 150

lXl Tempus Temporis lXl

Invisible Phantom

14,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:44 am
User Image
Danny Yahya 1st Year
Ravenclaw

Danny looked up when he heard a girl mention werewolves, "I'm a werewolf!" He said brightly to them as he continued eating the fried chicken that he had put on his plate, but was smiling.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:13 am
User Image
User Image

Hikari smiled, "Okami and Crahi are good. They loved the trip but I couldn't take out Okami much for fear that people may try to attack him." She said taking another bite of food. She choked on her food and began to cough at the new boy's statement. "Wha..." was that something you just announced in the middle of a feast to a group of strangers?

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:16 am
User Image

Xenos chuckled at the tiny creature's dismissal of him. That's a cat for you. Pulling his hand back he paused a moment to pile some food on his plate. Taking a slip of his pumkin juice he turned back to Erin. "My appologies." He said when Erin corrected him on her cat. "No I not certain. Personally I've never read anything that confimed their exsitance. But I've never heard that they don't." Xenos continued after a bit of thought. It was highly possible that they did. Maybe the library would have something about it.

"Well not many are used to creatures like those two. Over here they're in a class all their own." He said smiling when he recalled his first time meeting Okami. To say it was a surprise would be an understatment. He started to say something else when he paused at Danny's sudden annoucement. Well that didn't seem to bother the boy like it did most. "Really now? So now that we've had that tiny input about you, care to tell us your name? I'm Xenos. This is Hikari Spronkin. We're second years. The others here are Erin, Arianna, and Christine." Xenos said calmly as he introduced everyone with a gesture to each as he said their names.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 am
Ariana gave a small smile as she heard Xenos give praise to her father. She was about to say something more however the conversation turned toward a different subject. She was not sure she had anything to really say on the subject of mythical creatures.

She piled food on to her plate. It all smelled so delicious that she stomach gave a growl. She did not realize how hungry she truly was. All the traveling she had done in the last two days, she had not realized how little she ate. She just about choked on her food when the new boy mentioned he was a werewolf. Ariana could not help but stare. She had never met a werewolf as open as he was. She was still not sure of how to react to this bit of food. She quickly took a drink of her pumpkin, hopefully to hide her shock. She put a smile back on her face. taking a bit of food. She could not help but watch this boy with a strange fascination.  

Lonely_Keeper_of Time

lXl Tempus Temporis lXl

Invisible Phantom

14,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 am
User Image
Danny Yahya 1st Year
Ravenclaw

Danny noticed the pause it made the people around him go, "Well first of all, I'm Adnan Roger Glenn Yahya, but I prefer to be called Danny. Second, I only told you all that I am a werewolf so that you all don't need to ask me where I go once a month and that it won't be held against me that it was some kind of secret, when it's not. It's simply better for me just to tell you now that I'm a werewolf than just keep it as some kind of silly secret." Danny explained brightly and started eating from the other cooked meats that were there also. "Will that be a problem that I'm a werewolf?" He asked thoughtfully as after he had swallowed what was in his mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:55 am
User Image

"No Danny it's not a problem. Well for me at least. I'm just not used to people so enthusiatically annoucing it." Xenos answered his calm smile back on his face. "But thank you for letting us know. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know alright? Be it with class or when your transformation is coming." He took a sip of his juice when he finished. He hadn't met alot of werewolves but it was true they normally didn't annouce it. It actually made him a little glad to see Danny so comfortable with what happened to him.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

lXl Tempus Temporis lXl

Invisible Phantom

14,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 am
User Image
Danny Yahya 1st Year
Ravenclaw

"Haha no worries, I'll be speaking to the potion's teacher in the morning about getting Wolfsbane Potion, and Miss Duke has offered her help too. And my owl likes to chat with me when I am in my werewolf form too....although we chat just fine without me turning into a werewolf too. I find it neat how well I can understand other animals around me when I am in my werewolf form." Danny said smiling lightly as a solid black barn owl with a blue stripe ring around his neck, and a pair of blue stripe rings around his wings, one on each wing flew right into the doors of the Great Hall and landed on Danny's head. "What the heck, Shadow, did you pick the lock again?" Danny asked the owl that landed on his head.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff