Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ☼ [ Hidden Sand Village } Sunagakure
╥ Ancient Public Library of Arcana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chezmonkey

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:51 pm
Al slipped into the deathly quiet library. It had been completely evacuated, except for the three ANBU sealed away in the lower vault. Caustiously, he made his way up to the uppermost floor, avoiding several traps and security systems, and perused the section until he'd found some interesting books. He then snuck back down and ferreted himself away into a far corner of the second floor, borrowing a couple of scrolls as he did. He would not emerge for a long while, deep in his studies.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:25 pm
Al decided to learn a couple of Wind techniques, in order to start on his goal to becoming an asset, instead of a hindrance. Studying the Wind scroll he'd grabbed, he cautiously performed several of the hand seals and focused his chakra. Wind techniques had always come easily to him, and this one would prove to be no different.
1/2

He successfully completed the technique, causing the air around him to distill and become calm. In a brief instant, he focused a small plink of chakra, and the distilled air burst away, knocking back several piles of books. Replacing them into their proper positions, he smiled slightly, and turned back to the scroll, flipping it over to try another technique.
2/2 Boufuu Kyuuzou [ Gale Surge ]

Turning back, he read a technique a bit farther down on the scroll, and raised his eyebrows. Since he was aiming to be a mid-ranged fighter, this technique would be perfect for him. It involved messing with wavelength and currents, but wasn't very difficult. Focusing, he flashed out the handseals and directed the blast towards a pile of books he had set up. Since the library was still evacuated, he was sure no one would hear the ruckus.
1/2

The blast burst forth from his palm and hit the pile of books, knocking them over and shredding several from the impact. These "Decapitating Air Waves" would make for a useful starter attack and were very adaptable to a situation. Thankfully, no one HAD come to find out the ruckus, so his location would remain a secret. He wanted to surprise everyone with his new abilities... especially the very fierce lady who had told San off at the gates. He didn't know who that woman was, but she was strong, and from what he could hear, very powerful and important.
2/2 Decapitating Air Waves

For his next technique, he decided to learn one that would mix well with some of his family's techniques. Many of the Shakuton tactics involved spheres of chakra, and this would be nicely mixed in. Studying the diagrams, he smirked at the simpleness and held out his hand, palm up. Of course, he'd have to do this in battle, but the intent was the same.
1/2

In his hand, currents swirled and concentrated, coerced by his chakra to form a spinning ball of wind. This would cause a good bit of damage that he would get told off about, so he opened a window and tossed the ball onto an abandoned cart. It sailed down and exploded when it hit, slicing up the cart and blasting it apart. Yes, this technique would do nicely...
2/2 Kaze Bakuhatsu [ Wind Explosion ]

This next one would be an interesting technique. It was the last of the simpler techniques he would learn for now, and would definitely prove useful in a serious battle. He flashed the seals out, and concentrated his chakra in order to spin the air currents in front of him. It was a slightly difficult shape, but was very important.
1/2

In front of him, the wind swirled, buckled, and formed a circle of spinning air currents, powerful enough to reflect most thrown weapons and some ninjutsu back against their user. If he went up against a weapon user, this would be very useful indeed. Finished, he rolled up the lower ranked scroll, and sat down to eat a snack he'd snilched from a destroyed food shop on the way here. What no one knew wouldn't hurt them.
2/2 Kaze no Bouseki Tate [ Spinning Shield of Winds ]  

Chezmonkey

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

BarronVonManfreadGreed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:03 am
Manfread entered the library and closed his eyes. Spinning around a few times he pointed in a random direction and then headed that way. Walking along the upper floors for a while he Manfread found himself in a strange section of the library, that had not been flooded. There were books instead of the usual scrolls, and all of them were quite dusty. Looking around he noticed one that read 'History of the Hyuuga clan' pulling it out he inspected the cover.
“Well this seems interesting,” he said whipping the dust off, he opened the book and found that all the pages had been glued together. Someone had then cut a small compartment into the pages, and hidden an even smaller book inside.
“Talk about hiding a tree in a forest, who the hell would look for this here.... what is this?”
He replaced the large book and took the smaller to read. Opening it up he discovered detailed instruction on all the Hyuuga gentle fist techniques, each had been carefully hand written. The writing seemed familiar, but Manfread couldn't remember where he had seen it. Flipping through, he ended up on a page marked as Hakke Rokujuyon Sho.
“Sixty-four palms, this technique was designed to close off the chakra points on the body,” he read the notation, “Ohh, thats nasty, I've gotta have this.”
Slipping the book into his jacket, Manfread headed to the exit.

((64 Palms 1/6))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:22 am
Katon: Hoteri Ougigata no Jutsu (Fire Release: Flash Fan Technique) D
Opening the newer scroll on Fire Jutsu, Al carefully read the techniques that were so close to his heart. It would take longer to learn these since he wasn't as adept at them, but he was positive the time would prove to be worth it. Studying a diagram carefully, he set up his targets around the bookcase to cause the least amount of damage.
1/3

This technique wasn't very powerful, and wouldn't cause lasting damage, but it would briefly ignite the materials, so he set up stacks of magazines no one would ever want to read. Smiling at his "unauthorized" use of literary materials, he focused on the chakra flow and handseals, of which there were surpisingly very few. It seems that this technique was meant to be done very quickly, perhaps to start off an assualt.
2/3

Perforing the 3 handseals in blazing time, he released the jutsu and watched as the V-Shaped wave of fire passed through the several stacks of old unused magazines. They did catch on fire, and he quickly threw them out the window before they set off the anti-fire systems and fire alarms. He wouldn't be the one to sit around drying all the books, not if he could help it. Smirking, he closed the scroll and "borrowed" it and a few others to complete his training. He was sure no one would mind.
He left, slipping out a side door and heading for the academy. Hopefully, it would be mostly intact and he could finish up the techniques.
3/3  

Chezmonkey

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

BarronVonManfreadGreed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 pm
The library had always seemed empty but for some reason this time more so then ever. It was like a ghost town as Manfread walked past the counter. He had entered through a window earlier and did not notice the place was evacuated. Slipping out the front doors this time, Manfread pulled out the little book and began to read as he headed to the dojo.
“Once an opponent has been positioned the field of divination, by assuming a gentle fist stance one can execute the attack by consecutively striking, two strikes, then four...” Manfread said as he read to himself, “What stance?”
Turning the page, the next two sections were blank.
“Whaaaat?” he said disappointed, “I've been had.”
He turned the page again and the writing continued. Flipping back to the blank page, he activated his byakugan. Diagrams suddenly appeared showing the manoeuvre and generalized points to strike.
“Oooh, that's cool.”

((64 Palms 2/6))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm
Doc walked up to the library and waited for Lenard to show up. "Just meet me back here in a bit. I'll be here when you're ready to head back." Doc said when Lenard finally showed up.
Doc walked off and headed to the second floor and went for the genjutsu techniques. He grabbed the Iwa no jutsu, Kyuukai Nikutai Oshuu no Jutsu, Shonben no Jutsu, Kowaikao no Jutsu, Hada no Kamereon scrolls and headed back to the front door.  

pliokiju

Fashionable Spotter

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:47 pm
User Image

Lenard K. Zanokai

├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤
| | Jiton Bloodline | | Ninjutsu/Puppeteer | | Sword User | |

Fight Fire with Fire, but when in doubt, use water.

The library, the perfect sanctuary for someone like Lenard. He strolled through the entrance like a boss. The scuffle of his boots was apparent as lugged his bag over his shoulder along with the single sword strapped to his waist, a jian. He gave a nod at the other ninja, saying to meet him back at the entrance. Lenard took that opportunity to explore the library. His trek took him across many areas, general history and all of that jazz.

He explored along the first floor, grabbing a few things of interest before heading on to the next floor. Lenard walked briefly along the literature scanning the walls of text and scrolls. If only I had the time to read this stuff... Lenard shook his head, reassuring himself to get back to what he was doing. But, he wanted to take his time, nothing said he had a time limit.

Puppetry, that was the first agenda Lenard had in mind. He began scanning the shelves for the general history of it, notable puppeteers and finally the techniques and styles of puppetry itself. He grabbed four scrolls of puppetry. The two basics and Replenishing/Unsummoning techniques.

He continued along the library, taking a few more scrolls of interest. A few, that marked his bloodline abilities. The basic abilities were snagged up, the few that were needed for the future jutsu. Included in the basics were the first seven techniques of the bloodline, including iron sand clone and a few others. Satisfied, he continued his scroll hunt along the second floor still.

Soon, he gave a look at the Doton and the Raiton jutsu, pondering on what scrolls to retrieve for now and what to come back for. His pack was already hefty with his current selection, anymore and he could topple over with the grouping of literary work.

My sand is iron, yet flows like water, it can be solid or loose.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm
Garnet Tori
| Bukijutsu-Samurai | 220 - 220 | Sunagakure Genin |

Garnet stared at the massive shelf of books that was in front of her. She was on the second floor of the library just looking for something to keep her busy. She was lazy that was true, but even she had days where a nap wouldn’t satisfy her. Sometimes a boring book on jutsus would help her sleep. Especially if she could find a place where the sun was shinning and could sit there either in a chair or on the floor. It didn’t matter to the red head. She could barely grasp Ninjutsu and had no talent for Genjutsu nor Taijutsu. Her style was more towards Bukijutsu. And even that wasn’t very good. ‘I guess I can always train my bukijutsu.’ she contemplated if she really wanted to train or not.

A little fox with two toned eyes looked from his perch on Garnet’s shoulder. It was the fox that she had saved years ago. She had tried to get rid of in on several occasions, but the darned thing always came back and sat on her shoulder to wait for food. It was kind of annoying because it ate a lot of food which cost money. Garnet was always out of money because of the fox she so loving named Hibiki.

While Garnet was pondering what style to learn her attention was stolen by a guy with a very heavy looking bag. He had short silver hair and glasses on as well. He kind of looked like he belonged in a library. Garnet wasn’t one to judge a book by its cover, but by the amount of books he was carrying the guy was either a real book worm or was about to do a lot of training. Garnet grabbed a scroll off the shelf and walked over to the guy. Hibiki just sat there on her shoulder and waited for food to come his way.

Do you need help carrying that?” She asked and pointed to the heavy bag that he was carrying. Garnet probably didn’t look like it, but she could carry heavy loads. She also might be lazy, but Garnet didn’t like to see other people struggle with things.

Lady Caprinet

Cluttered Goat

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm
User Image
Reiko K. Zanokai

├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤| | Jiton Bloodline | | Ninjutsu/Puppeteer | | Sword User

Reiko stopped as he twirled around on one foot, his attention caught by a young girl's voice, actually she sounded around the age range as him. The boy paused briefly as she had asked if he needed help carrying his bag. Nervousness clenched him like a coiled snake as he took a moment to form the words. " U-uh.. " he breathed out at first as he shook his head, clearing his thoughts.

" Oh no, I'm fine Ms...? " he spoke, though he didn't know the girl's name which resulted in him trailing off with the sentence. Reiko cleared his throat as he took his glasses off, putting them inside his tunic. "Ah, your like a tumbleweed, no offense. Startled me for a moment out of no where but in reality your delicate as a Rose." Reiko coughed as he swept his hair to the side. " Excuse my rambling, I'm Reiko." The boy said, blinking once. Yea..smooth. You already look like a book nerd Rei." he cursed himself while waiting for a reply.

(( Changing this character's name. >>;; Lenard is getting repetitive to write. ))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:39 pm
Garnet Tori

Upon looking at the boy, Garnet noticed that he was about her age. She simply waited as he shook his head. Once he finally got to talking Garnet simply put a hand on her hip with her normal bored expression on her face. It wasn’t that this guy was boring or something. Garnet was just getting a little bored with the library now. “It’s Garnet Tori. Please don‘t call me “Ms.” by the way.” she said and pointed at the fox on her shoulder. “And this is Hibiki. An annoying fox who wont get off my shoulder.” At that the fox with two different eye colors started to gnaw at her red hair as revenge. Garnet ignored it.

She simply stared at him as he called her a tumbleweed and this a rose. She tried very hard not to blush at that. ‘At least he knows a girl.’ Garnet thought remembering all the times she been mistaken for a guy in the past. “No, no.” she said. “Thank you for the complement.” she said with a smile. Hibiki now climbed his way in top of Garnet’s head, pushing her goggles down a bit so that they were covering her left eye. “I believe your “tumbleweed” is trying to pull my hair out.” Garnet might have been smiling, but she sounded annoyed as the fox pulled on her hair while still gnawing at it. Hibiki was now annoyed at the being called tumbleweed.

Lady Caprinet

Cluttered Goat

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:02 pm
User Image
Reiko K. Zanokai

├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤├┤| | Jiton Bloodline | | Ninjutsu/Puppeteer | | Sword User

Whew. Not as bad as I thought.

Reiko gave a quick nod. The nervousness inside him soon faded away as he gradually got a bit more, comfortable. Normally he'd get knocked on the head for making a compliment in such an odd manner. " I see, Garnet it is then. Odd to be named after a stone, but I guess it's because of your hair." He fumbled with a scroll in his hands and blinked at it's title. Raiton, E-D Ranked Techniques He read the scroll title and grinned before slipping it in his bag.

" Well, what does he eat...I may have something."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm
Garnet Tori

Garnet was attempting to pull Hibiki off her head, but the stubborn thing had its clamped onto a lock of hair that had been standing up on its own. It was rather painful, so she stopped tugging Hibiki and merely held him by the scruff of his neck. Garnet placed her scroll in her pants pocket. She then proceeded to try to and pull out her hair from his mouth with her free hand, which was far less painful. She nodded a bit at Reiko’s mention of her name. “That’s exactly it.” she said still trying to get her hair free from the fox. “My parents aren’t that creative with names.” Garnet said. She pulled her goggles down around her neck before resuming the tug of war game with her hair.

Both Hibiki and Garnet stopped and stared at Reiko like he was insane. Hibiki let go of her hair finally and stared drooling. Garnet still held the fox by the scruff of his neck and still stared at Reiko. “He’ll eat anything. This thing is a bottomless pit and doesn’t care what goes down its throat.” she said admitted. “He’s wearing a hole in my pocket.” She muttered.

Lady Caprinet

Cluttered Goat

pliokiju

Fashionable Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:14 pm
Doc stood at the entrance with the scrolls he was carrying. "I might as well learn some of them while I wait" he said to him self as he looked through the scrolls to pull one out. He finally found one that he wanted to do and started to read it. It was the Iwa no Jutsu scroll.

Doc let his chakra start flowing around him like a whirl pool. he focused his mind into the technique. Doc performed the hand signs and released the chakra. Doc looked up and saw that there was a rock coming out of the ground that was large enough to trip some one.
(Iwa no Jutsu 1/1) learnt

Chakra pool: 245  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:34 pm
Doc thought to himself "hmmm.. maybe I have time to grab some doton scrolls." Doc walked off to find the earth scrolls.
when Doc got to the scrolls he looked through them all and decided which ones he was going to take. He chose two scrolls. one was Tsuchi Gunjikoudou no Jutsu, and the other was Tsuchi Tou Tou. When he read over the scrolls he decided that it would be best to do these out side because it would most likely damage the place. So Doc headed out side the library to perform these techniques.

When Doc was out side he took one of the scrolls and placed it beside him. He performed the hand signs perfectly and dove into the ground. once he hit the ground he realized that he had went right into the ground and is now swimming around in it.
(Tsuchi Gunjikoudou no Jutsu 1/1) learnt

Chakra pool:240  

pliokiju

Fashionable Spotter

pliokiju

Fashionable Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:01 pm
Doc really wanted to get a water technique learnt so he ran back into the library to get the scroll. Doc was getting tired and bored of going back in and out of the library so he says to himself that this is the last time hes going in here today.
Doc reaches the water scrolls and grabs a very simple one that he could use to clean cuts with. He grabs Uo Tsuba and takes it back to the entrance. Once he got to the entrance he pulled out the scroll and started reading it.
Doc got his chakra charged up and he performed the hand signs that needed to be done. He started spiting out just like a normal person would but then a stream of water came squirting out of his mouth. He did it five times in a row and then just gave up with it.
(Uo Tsuba 1/1) learnt

Doc looked around the library entrance and decided that the other shinobi is probably going to be awhile. so Doc looked around for a to sit down and found a place that was close to the door. He walked over to the spot, happy that he had learnt some new techniques he can use now, and sat down.

Chakra pool:235  
☼ [ Hidden Sand Village } Sunagakure

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces