Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies Chapitre I Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:49 am
Disciple of Sakura
Yllanah
He appeared to be a hoary veteran, who looked like he'd seen his share of battle. Yllanah wasn't sure if it was his age or his stature, but something about him immediately filled her with substantial respect for him, in a similar way that she would feel for a Captain or a Commodore. Her eyes parted from his face, and she commented, "Great party, huh?"

Sizing Yllanah up a bit, he nodded. "Indeed. It's always rather entertaining here. Far more people than one room can hold. So it naturally erupts into chaos. So, what brings you here, young lady?"

"I'm just visiting town," Yllanah said loudly, trying to bring her voice over the clinking drinks, cheerful voices, and raunchy ballad in the background, "I heard this bedlam from down the street. Here I thought it would be a great place to pick up recent news and maybe have some fun before my ship sets sail again. 'Don't suppose you could help me with that, could'ya?"  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 8 Total: 18 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:03 pm
Kristenna
Kristenna quickly interposes herself in between the angry patron and the terrified waitress. "I'm sure there's plenty more food in the kitchen," she says cheerfully. "And perhaps you'd enjoy another drink on me while you wait for it to come." She gives a broad smile.

{That's a diplomacy at +9...}

The large and burly man stares Kristenna down, a look of frustration on his face. He sizes her up, clearly trying to determine if she might be a problem. Finally, he snorts derisively. "Feh. Finest whiskey in the house spilled on the floor, and you're offering to double my order. Alright by me."

Fara, the waitress, manages to finish picking up the floor and get to her feet, still staying close to Kristenna.

Sheziera
It isn't my good taste I'm that interested in... Sheziera muses to herself as she watches the half-orcs posture for her. She did so like it when big, muscly men flexed themselves just right. "Oh, I bet Nur could learn how to handle a lady, but he'd need a very skilled teacher. Not like you, Gaz. You look like you know how to take care of yourself. The name's Sheziera, by the way, though my friends sometimes call me 'Shez,' when I'm feeling like letting them. What say we get ourselves a drink after you help me make some more coin here, huh?"

"Glad to," Gaz says as he manages to finally land a knife in a more... important location, forcing Nur to concede the match. "Always glad to make the acquaintance of a looker like you." He collects his winnings and pats Nur on the back. "Better luck next time, mate. Now, then, Shez. Whatcha drinkin?" He heads towards the bar with Sheziera, if she'll come along.

Buck
Now this was peculiar. Buck looks for signs as to the cause of death and then draws on a primal state that he has learned to access. By aligning the energies of his body just so, he opens his senses to the trails of scents in the area. Particularly what more can he learn of this officer, and where the man might have come from through the town.((Hunter's sense stance, grants Scent))
The body is atrophied but there don't seem to be any obvious signs of trauma. The air is thick with the smell of death, but you don't pick up any scent of decay itself. When Buck gets within five feet, the body moves, a powerful fist grabbing at the shifter as its eyes open, revealing a horrible gleam within.
{Surprise round attack, +11 vs. flat footed AC. Second roll is a +9 initiative roll. I suggest Buck make one too. That's a hit against AC 21, and a 17 for Initiative.}

Yllanah
"I'm just visiting town," Yllanah said loudly, trying to bring her voice over the clinking drinks, cheerful voices, and raunchy ballad in the background, "I heard this bedlam from down the street. Here I thought it would be a great place to pick up recent news and maybe have some fun before my ship sets sail again. 'Don't suppose you could help me with that, could'ya?"

"Depends on what sort of news and fun you're looking for, young lady. I've got certain bits of both. For example, there's been some talk lately of monsters attacking the town from the ruins in the hill. Some folks think it might have something to do with the Consortium expedition that came by a few days ago, but they promptly left well before the attacks started. Now, if it's fun you're looking for..." He puts his large, worn hand on her shoulder, "I'm sure we could arrange some sort of entertainment."  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 8-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-8)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:06 pm
{Rolling damage + 10 = 18 HP damage.}  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:35 pm
Disciple of Sakura
"Glad to," Gaz says as he manages to finally land a knife in a more... important location, forcing Nur to concede the match. "Always glad to make the acquaintance of a looker like you." He collects his winnings and pats Nur on the back. "Better luck next time, mate. Now, then, Shez. Whatcha drinkin?" He heads towards the bar with Sheziera, if she'll come along.

User ImageSheziera wraps her arm around Gaz's burly bicep as they trot off to the bar. "So, are you enough of a gentleman to buy a girl a drink, or do I need to pay my own way?" she inquires as coquettishly as she can. "I'm fine either way, of course. You managed to earn me a bit of a nice sum. I'll have to think of some way to reward you."

{Hey, DM - how much DID I win in that gamble?}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:46 am
Buck takes this poorly. Luckily, he is Quick to Act ((Init +4))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:19 pm
{Are Reed and Marionne close enough to Buck to possibly help? We're all looking at damaged buildings, right?}  

Dallas Moonrain

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 pm
Dallas Moonrain
{Are Reed and Marionne close enough to Buck to possibly help? We're all looking at damaged buildings, right?}

Yeah. Make a listen check.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:26 pm
Marionne
"I'm inclined to say we should patrol tonight, to see if there's anything going on. I'd rather not have something like this continue on unchecked. Are you interested in accompanying me? I could use the assistance."

"I can assist. Probably better not to wander the town alone anyway. And I do better in the dark." Any double entendres of that last statement are unintentional on Reed's part--his mildly demonic features are hidden more by darkness, and his ability to partially cloak himself in shadows is more useful then as well.

{And Reed makes a Listen check at +5}  

Dallas Moonrain

Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm
Or, rather, NOW Reed will make a Listen check at +5....stupid me....  
Emerald the Crow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:37 pm
Dallas Moonrain
"I can assist. Probably better not to wander the town alone anyway. And I do better in the dark." Any double entendres of that last statement are unintentional on Reed's part--his mildly demonic features are hidden more by darkness, and his ability to partially cloak himself in shadows is more useful then as well.

{And Reed makes a Listen check at +5}

Marionne looks at Reed quizzically, but shrugs it off. He was a very awkward young man. "Do you think we should find more of our shipmates and gather additional forces, or just try it alone. I'm more inclined for strength in numbers, personally.

{Going ahead and rolling my listen check. Whopping +1 bonus that it is...}  

Emerald the Crow

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:22 pm
Reed's ears bring the sound of battle to his ears - a scuffle and muffled movement from beyond the building you're currently investigating in an adjacent building.

Buck's fast reflexes allow him to respond before his assailant lands another surprise blow. He has the initiative.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:44 am
Beck takes a 5' step back from the thing, draws his greatsword as part of his move, and focuses, manifesting a Force Screen before him.((1pp spent, +4 shield bonus to AC for 6 minutes))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:16 pm
Reed starts slightly, looking up and unintentionally giving Marionne a good view of his red eyes. "Do you hear that? Sounds like a struggle. Over there." He heads towards the sound, drawing shadows around him as he moves.

{Reed shifts into his Child of Shadows stance and rolls initiative (+5)}  
Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:17 pm
{Apparently I'm just dumb.}

{but reasonably quick....a 15 total...}  

Dallas Moonrain

Disciple of Sakura rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-40)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:41 pm
Buck
Beck takes a 5' step back from the thing, draws his greatsword as part of his move, and focuses, manifesting a Force Screen before him.((1pp spent, +4 shield bonus to AC for 6 minutes))

The monster rises to its feet and steps after you, swinging its fists at you again in a high, forceful slam attack.
{Another attack at +11, using the first die roll. The second one will only be important if the first one is a critical threat.}
The attack is fortunately deflected by Buck's force screen, however.
Sheziera
Sheziera wraps her arm around Gaz's burly bicep as they trot off to the bar. "So, are you enough of a gentleman to buy a girl a drink, or do I need to pay my own way?" she inquires as coquettishly as she can. "I'm fine either way, of course. You managed to earn me a bit of a nice sum. I'll have to think of some way to reward you."

{Hey, DM - how much DID I win in that gamble?}

{You won however much silver the die roll here is. So the more likely the monster is to hit Buck, the better off you are financially User Image. Sorry I forgot to respond to this earlier.}
"I think I can afford one drink for a tiny lady like you. I mean, I'm afraid I'm just going to break you if I so much as touch you. Not that I'm opposed to trying it out."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff