Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ancient Lands (4th edition, recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:11 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa
I assume by that, you mean that EVERYONE gets the 3 rituals like wizards get, and not just arcane casters?

4- All arcane classes get the Wizard's Cantrips for free, if you so desire to have 'em. All Arcane and Divine classes also get the Ritual Casting feat for free, while martial characters get the Practiced Study feat for free. Arcane classes start with 3 rituals and a ritual book, and Martial classes start with 2 Martial Practices at level 1.

Fixed the HR. Hopefully that clarifies it. I got my much needed sleep, can now operate to my maximum capacity.

So, wait. Do Psionic or Primal characters get Ritual Caster, or just Divine and Arcane?
Technically only Arcane and Divine, but if you want it, you can keep it. I mean, Rituals are no much use to you unless you have Arcana as trained, y'know?

Or religion, heal, or nature. Of course if you're a psion you get the feat anyway. I find that rituals are way too expensive to be useful at low levels, and the rituals available at low levels aren't worth their costs. Which is a shame as those are the ones you get for free.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:21 pm
Arc Vembris
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa
I assume by that, you mean that EVERYONE gets the 3 rituals like wizards get, and not just arcane casters?

4- All arcane classes get the Wizard's Cantrips for free, if you so desire to have 'em. All Arcane and Divine classes also get the Ritual Casting feat for free, while martial characters get the Practiced Study feat for free. Arcane classes start with 3 rituals and a ritual book, and Martial classes start with 2 Martial Practices at level 1.

Fixed the HR. Hopefully that clarifies it. I got my much needed sleep, can now operate to my maximum capacity.

So, wait. Do Psionic or Primal characters get Ritual Caster, or just Divine and Arcane?
Technically only Arcane and Divine, but if you want it, you can keep it. I mean, Rituals are no much use to you unless you have Arcana as trained, y'know?

Or religion, heal, or nature. Of course if you're a psion you get the feat anyway. I find that rituals are way too expensive to be useful at low levels, and the rituals available at low levels aren't worth their costs. Which is a shame as those are the ones you get for free.
But there are very few Rituals that use those skills, the majority use Arcana.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Arc Vembris
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa

But there are very few Rituals that use those skills, the majority use Arcana.

I find this not to be the case. I don't have the time to count them out now, but there are ample rituals that use other skills or variable skills.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:01 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart

Removed.

Sorry, I thought it was that all non-martial characters get it for free. My bad. sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:38 am
BUMPing this.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:30 pm
Oris sounds Bad. a**.

At least if he's kind of a half-controller, Fasrogen is as well with his spatial field of chainination. If only he could do more than "Get over here!"  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:10 pm
Arc Vembris
Oris sounds Bad. a**.

At least if he's kind of a half-controller, Fasrogen is as well with his spatial field of chainination. If only he could do more than "Get over here!"
He can trip, IINM.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:28 pm
Finished Kazlien's History. Though I'll warn ya, I really went on a bit... sweatdrop  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
Arc Vembris
Oris sounds Bad. a**.

He can trip, IINM.

He can trip as an op action, but his at-wills involve a lot of sliding people adjacent. His encounter is a one round grab, and his daily is just to keep people from flanking him once he's pulled everyone adjacent.

Basically he's pretty darn useful until people decide they want to hit him, which as a fighter should be pretty quick.

However if I can get next to a hazard, like a pit or brazier, some guys are gonna be in a world of hurt.
"GET OVER HERE!off this cliff."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 am
Dream as if you'll live forever...

I'm interested in joining, although I have to head to school right now, so I can't post my character until later today, is that okay? I just don't want spots to fill up before I get a chance xd Also, I'm kind of new at 4e (only played it once in a very short campaign), so let me know if my inexperience will be a problem for you. Otherwise, I'll start rolling a character soon.

...live as if you'll die today

Ziekara

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:04 am
Give the lady a chance! This is a fine group to learn with  
Ziekara rolled 20 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 2, 3, 6, 6, 2, 6, 3, 5, 6, 4, 3, 5, 2, 3, 2, 6, 5, 5 Total: 80 (20-120)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:13 am
Rolling rolling rolling smile

4, 2, 2, 3, 6,| 6, 2, 6, 3, 5,| 6, 4, 3, 5, 2,| 3, 2, 6, 5, 5| 2, 5, 3, 5, 5,| 6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 3,| 6, 3, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 6, 4

4, 2, 2, 3, 6= 13
6, 2, 6, 3, 5=17
6, 4, 3, 5, 2=15
3, 2, 6, 5, 5=16
2, 5, 3, 5, 5,=15
6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 3,=14  

Ziekara

Ziekara rolled 20 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 3, 5, 5, 6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 3, 6, 3, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 6, 4 Total: 71 (20-120)

Ziekara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:16 am
more rolls  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:46 am
Very nice rolls. Your lack of ones angers Pelor, however.

Any idea what you'll play?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ziekara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:02 am
I'm planning on Ranger. Is that ok?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash