Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder: Unlikely Heroes [OOC] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
serketcity rolled 12 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 2, 6, 3, 2, 4, 3, 1, 4, 6, 3 Total: 39 (12-72)

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:47 pm
12, 15, 13, 11
Last 3 rolls now.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:53 pm
12, 10, 13.

Hmm.
So the final results are all above average scores...
12, 15, 13, 11, 12, 13
When you say that this is alignment free, can I make a Paladin that isn't Lawful Good so much as completely dedicated to a single idea? I played a game once with True Neutral paladins houseruled in. They weren't dedicated to balance so much as the preservation of knowledge and ideas, and fought against anyone that attempted to stop the flow of information, censor works, or influence fiction, news, or scientific authors. They were the, if I recall correctly, called the Immaculate Order of Ineffable Intelligence, and their class ability was Smite Ignorance, which triggered against anyone with an INT score of less than 12. In addition, the CHA based skills were based instead on INT.

I'm not saying I want to play THAT so much as something similar. With your permission, of course.
EDIT: I rather understand that what I just described sounds suspiciously similar to the Cavalier. You may misunderstand, though; I loathe riding beasts with a passion, and I see playing cavalier as a waste when that is such a big part of the class.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:10 pm
Okay, so this is the wonky idea I'm working on... Goblin Cavalier.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:58 pm
Paladins are bound to a deity. I never liked the 'paladins are lawful good' or any of the 4 corners in DnD anyways. I always had them as 'they're their deity's alignment' and of course, being paladins, are the divine warriors of that deity.

So, tell me about your paladin, what he wants to fight for, ect.

As for the cha thing, again, it's deity dependant.

To use Forgotten Realms, most of the 'shining knights' would use cha... where as Tempus would use con I think. Ect.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:06 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
Okay, so this is the wonky idea I'm working on... Goblin Cavalier.

I love you guys. I ask for characters with life, you (almost) all go for the hard stuff. I'll be interested in seeing how you work to not get yourselves killed.

Note that the people who aren't playing monstrous races are equally welcome, since a full party of em might not work well.

Also, goblin cavalier... so you ride a wolf into combat I take it? Keep him alive and he may later become a dire wolf if you treat him well (otherwise he'll bite your fricking head off).  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 10 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:52 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Also, goblin cavalier... so you ride a wolf into combat I take it? Keep him alive and he may later become a dire wolf if you treat him well (otherwise he'll bite your fricking head off).

I certainly hope he wouldn't - he'll be my animal companion, so he's a class feature.

Anyway, rolling my HP.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

jennibert rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-12)

jennibert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:54 pm
Rolling HP for my flighty halfling sorcerer with a 6 Wisdom....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:17 pm
Okay, so I've whipped up Grim Grub Grot, goblin cavalier. I'd still need to make up his wolf mount, but that's his stat block.

Since you said equipment would be given out to the character, I still feel like I'd like to make some requests:
1) A lance. The best small lance I can get, ideally.
2) Some decent armor, but nothing that'll screw up his +3 dex to AC, ideally.
3) Some light armor barding for his wolf, along with a military saddle.

That's pretty much it so far. I'll take more, but that's the stuff he'd really like to have. I considered taking heirloom weapon as a trait to just get a MW lance for free, but I decided that that wouldn't match up with your gear plans.

I do so love Golarion-style Goblins.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Disciple of Sakura rolled 16 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 2, 5, 5, 6, 4, 5, 1, 6, 3, 2, 6, 4, 3, 3 Total: 60 (16-96)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:47 pm
Might as well put something together, maybe. We'll see if the stats inspire me...  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 1, 6, 2, 6, 6, 5, 3, 1, 5, 6, 1 Total: 45 (12-72)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:48 pm
and the next three...

So that's 11, 11, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17... Interesting...  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

serketcity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 4 Total: 12 (2-20)

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:22 pm
Rolling for Paladin HP.

Also, I've decided what he's gonna be like. I don't want a shining knight, I want one who's armor's soured on him a bit. Cynical and perhaps a bit mistrustful, who was absolutely fine following his deity until it chose him to actually go and carry out his work. Maybe his career was derailed by being chosen as a Paladin. On a deeper level, now that he's chosen he feels obligated to continue since he has no more than superficial complaints.

As for actual ideology, I want a guy who values the freedom of choice and life- the general alignment in conventional terms would be CG with neutral leanings in both directions. For Paladin restrictions, I'm thinking he would fall if he either knowingly aided someone perform an act that results in the death of innocents, failed to protect a truly helpless or innocent person if it was physically within his means, or if he kills someone innocent of harming others.

Crunch-wise, I wanted the guy to have the traits of the dude to reflect this, so I'm requesting Jaded and Reactionary as potential traits, with your approval. I have no particular preference on armor, but would prefer a Scythe as a weapon. Instead of detect evil, maybe True Seeing? A lot of the stuff is useless in a world without alignment...  
Laelless rolled 3 8-sided dice: 7, 3, 5 Total: 15 (3-24)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:38 pm
HP  

Laelless

Laelless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:45 pm
Luale the Rogue

I hope he serves me well.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:23 am
Laelless
Luale the Rogue

You may want to take a look at what Pathfinder did to thoroughly (and unfairly) nerf the spiked chain. No more reach with that thing...  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Laelless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:29 am
Disciple of Sakura
Laelless
Luale the Rogue

You may want to take a look at what Pathfinder did to thoroughly (and unfairly) nerf the spiked chain. No more reach with that thing...

Bleh, didn't see that. But I can still use it for disarms and trips, so neh. I will stick with it and see where it takes me.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff