Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 1, 1, 8, 4, 1, 6 Total: 34 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:14 pm
@Chasing the Ashigaru

Kojiro grunted fiercely as he lost sight of the ashigaru. Fortunately, he heard Miya-chan's shouts and the sound of two bodies crashing into each other and collapsing into the ground. The bushi ran towards that noise and found Miyako pinning down the other ashigaru. Kojiro had a comment on the tip of his tongue, but thought better of it. He put his kusarigama away. "Now that we have you in a position on where you may be able to talk to us, you can begin by telling us WHAT is going on?" Kojiro nodded at Miyako in thanks "You can get up now, Shosuro-san. As for you, ashigaru, you better start talking! I don't think we're the Scorpions you think we are, and if you want to prevent things from getting worse, then you'll tell us what is happening."

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier (5k3 w/ 3 dice for explosions)
Results: 25
1 raise to impress upon the ashigaru that they aren't interested in harming him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:53 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: ??
Hisashi: ??
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Harey Ashigaru:

Denbe would post his question to the man, who was about 8-10 years his senior. "My... my name?" he would ask, honestly and completely looking confused and unsure for the first time. Flabbergasted, even! "It's... it's Kafu, sir. I've lived and served in Kuda Mura for my whole adult life." Not a single thing about his response seemed false.

Thinking about this... if this ashigaru lived and served in this region his whole life - and really, he seemed to have little to gain by lying at this point about such a trivial regard - why was he afraid of the Scorpion Clan, of all people?

--------------------

@ The Scorpion Clan, Of All People:

The wilier of the two ashigaru would round a corner to see the other scorpion woman. He apparently dared not attack her as he simply tried to use his momentum to barrel through her. He was caught off guard though as she threw herself into him and knocked him to the ground, her tanto aimed menacingly at him. Instantly, he would drop his spear and hold his bared, empty hands near his face passively. "Please... please don't... I beg of you..."

Kojiro would join the party, and the ashigaru would seem to grow more panicked, until...

Quote:
I don't think we're the Scorpions you think we are, and if you want to prevent things from getting worse, then you'll tell us what is happening."

"... wait. You... you aren't here to kill us? So... you don't..."

A huge look of relief would wash away all concern from his face. A bit more confident, he would simply reply:

"I wish to speak to my magistrate first, samurai. I believe that is my right, since this is not your jurisdiction."

11 on his Etiquette to try to pass himself as less cocky, and probably fails.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 8 Total: 14 (2-20)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:03 pm
{2k2 Intelligence/Law}  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:11 pm
Lore: Law vs TN 10:

Unless you have any evidence or suspicion that this man is involved with any crimes that involve maho, the Shadowlands, the Nothing, or anything supernatural, he's right. Though it is a touchy issue.

As far as jade anything vs someone who doesn't have any evidence against him for the above charges, you really can't do anything to persecute nor prosecute him.

As far as samurai vs non-samurai are concerned, however, you could probably just kill him and claim it was in self defense. The word of a samurai, unless that samurai has proven themselves completely unreliable, is always worth more than the word of a peasant, soldier or otherwise. You should be able to command him to tell you what you want to know, and the fact that he's not is kind of a big insult. HOWEVER, as heimin, he is technically property of the lord of these lands, and you probably would have to confront this lord about why you killed one of their soldiers on their lands.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 7, 3, 1, 6 Total: 25 (5-50)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:20 pm
{2DB + 5k2 =Willpower/Deceit=17}

As she got up, and dusted herself off, Miyako could have face palmed as Kojiro basically threw away any way they could have gotten information out of the man without suspicion. How in the name of the Emperor was this man a Scorpion? There was not a drop of guile within him. Luckily, Miyako was just as quick on her feet when it came to working people as Kojiro was not.

Pointing her tanto at the man without being directly threatening any vital organs, the green eyed woman smiled at the peasant soldier. "Yes, that much is true. However, you were acting VERY suspicious and your actions as well as words had you accusing two samurai of unscrupulous actions as well as fleeing three of them, even when they told you to stop. I wonder whose side your lord is more likely to see in a favorable light. Now if you answer our questions, perhaps a trip to your lord will not be needed...that is reasonable, is it not?" It was of course, not a promise, but a hint of what might be if he simply answered what they wanted.  
Tei Kae rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 9 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 pm
{Forgot to take into account D. Beauty}  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 pm
@Koji-kun and Miya-chan Show!

Kojiro would merely finger his katana's hilt as Miyako tried to convince the ashigaru to talk. His tongue was failing him lately. Perhaps it was the long travel, or perhaps it was just his nature. Ah well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:16 am
@Misconceived appearances:

Kagae left the bath fully relieved wearing only undergarments, hakama and sandals. Pulling his hair out of his eyes he made sure his mother wasn't waiting for him outside before making a mad dash for his workshop.

If he arrived there without being stopped...  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 10, 2 Total: 26 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 pm
"Kafu," Denbe said, releasing the man, as he put a few of the pieces together, "you may retrieve your weapon. I'd like you to show me to the local Emerald Magistrate."

That was a good place to start for all of this, and they might know if there was any criminal or suspicious activity of late in the area. None of it would necessarily relate to his task, but if there was any that had cropped up just of late, then it was too much of a coincidence not to look into.

But where could he find out about any Scorpions in Kuda Mura of late?

[1 Raise if it's necessary for this kind of information.]
[4k3+1 Intelligence/Etiquette(Bureaucracy): 29 vs TN 15/20]

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:36 pm
[Explodan': 15]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 am
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: ??
Hisashi: ??
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Denbe and Kafu:

As Kafu grabbed his weapon, Denbe probably felt safe around him. This peasant soldier didn't give him the impression that he would ever attack a samurai unless directed by a Crab officer, and he apparently knew better about his chances trying to make a run for it. He was completely cooperative in this matter, and did not seem as alarmed or nervous as he once did.

"Ah... forgive my impudence, but I haven't seen any Emerald magistrates around these parts for some time. All we have are Clan-hired magistrates. Magistrate Machiko isn't in town, and Junior Magistrate Tokugawa I believe is currently on duty. This village doesn't seem as big to a resident, and I doubt it would take long to find him. I shall lead the way, if you wish."

As they walk, Denbe beginning to weigh his options. Where could he found out about any scorpions that have passed through these parts? A raise wouldn't be necessary to learn this information, but for a raise, I'll give you several candidates, rather than just 1:

The magistrates who operate in this town is a good start. Tokugawa took stock of each of you when you entered, and though he might not have directly seen or met any Scorpions, the magistrates must share information with one another to operate effectively.

If Scorpions came through here, who would they have interacted with? It was a large but open village, not some seedy city with abandoned buildings and dark alleyways, if they were criminally minded. They would have spoken with other samurai, or perhaps the magistrates directly. Beyond that, any public venues would be another idea, because if they visited any peasant homes directly, there are FAR too many to choose from randomly.

Finally, you do have a Scorpion in your party, and another one that Kuni Raicho mentioned would be joining your group. Perhaps they have answers.

--------------------

@ Bad Cop, Bad Cop:

Ashigaru Resist vs Intimidation: 11

Though a drop of sweat did trail down the man's brow as the blood seemed to drain from his face. He shook his head, responding "Kill me or bring me to the magistrate, or even the Kaiu daimyo. You aren't my superiors, I don't have to tell you anything."

Your intimidation check did succeed at frightening him, but he wasn't cracking.

--------------------

@ Kagae's Homecoming:

Kagae would slip from the bath, looking both directions from the door to ensure no servants were paying attention. Creepily softly across the floor, careful to avoid the extra creaky floorboards, he would tiptoe to his workshop. Taking extra care to open and close the sliding door quietly, he would sigh a breath of relief as the door clicked shut against the frame, meaning he arrived undetec-

"Oh! Honey! Are those scars? From battle?!" Hana would exclaim from across the room, sitting atop his desk. She was in here the whole time! gonk

Jumping down, she would rush over, examining the wounds Kagae had received from the martial duels, and she would take his hand to examine the scar on the palm.

"You were in battle and survived! I'm so proud of you, my son!" she practically squealed with excitement!

--------------------

@ Husk and Shell Inn:

Soon, a peasant waiter would bring Zanzen the requested meal: fried sliced salmon, and a large (larger than he was used to) bowl of fluffy Kuda Mura rice. If Zanzen were to try the latter... well, it was probably the best damned rice he'd ever eaten. Far better than anything in the Crane lands, and they took extra care in the preparation of their foods to be the finest in Rokugan. So it was almost a culture shock to be tasting a superior product here in the backwater parts of Crab lands. The fish was descent enough, but it just didn't compare.

As it was, only Seichiro and Zanzen remained in the inn. It didn't seem like their traveling companions were coming back.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 pm
@ Kagae's Homecoming:

Kagae nearly jumped out of his skin in fright as he turned around as his mother rushed towards him.

"I-I-I-I placed second in the martial duels and please don't scare me like that... I had a bad enough run in with a crazy unicorn with a large hammer... That one on my palm is from a Iaijutsu duel in which I lost... As for the rest of the tournament if I hadn't lost the Iaijutsu duel I would of won with the most points..."

Kagae would head over to some drawers and begin laying out some tools while he spoke then headed over to the forge and begun putting coal in.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:02 pm
@Bad Cop, Worse Cop

Exasperated, tired, and befuddled, Kojiro took the chain portion of the Kusari-gama and wrapped it around the ashigaru's hands and made sure it was bound tight enough to keep from coming free. Kojiro yanked hard on it to get the ashigaru moving. He would then pick up the man's spear and sling it over his shoulder. "Alright, Shosuro-san. Let's find this magistrate. I would imagine we would have to walk all over town to find one. Let's hope we do it quickly."

If the ashigaru would say anything, Kojiro would interrupt and say. "Unless you want to tell us what's going on and we can end this, then shut up and save your breath for the magistrate. You can tell him why you continue to insult Kuni-dono's agents so!"  
Tei Kae rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:08 pm
Miyako stared at the man, he was either brave, stupid....or more scared of someone else than two samurai. As Kojiro wrapped the man's arm in the chain, Miyako attempted to think and wondered slightly where the Hare Ujina-san had gotten to.

"Bayushi-san, the man has only acted suspicious. We do not need to chain him like a criminal until he is proven to be so. Simply keep him in check." She finally decided before turning her attention to the man. "Be warned though, sir. If you attempt to escape, I make no promises for my companion's actions. We shall see your magistrate." It was bothering her, but she had no idea of any other action that was acceptable at the moment.

He had acted more guilty than any, and yet he wanted to go to a magistrate. As if that would fix things. Or get him out of trouble. Could the magistrate be corrupt? She dearly hoped not, for that could bring them even more trouble. She tried to think if she'd seen anything in the past few days she'd been here that would hint at anything remotely like it.

{Precise Memory= Intelligence}  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:48 am
Kojiro gave an exasperated sigh and unentangled the man's hands. He then stored his kusarigama and gave the ashigaru a push. "Come on! Shosuro-san is kinder than I. Do not waste it by dawdling."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff