Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Extra-terrestrials in our schools?(Accepting!/Open!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 am
Adrian read the note, smiled happily, and began to write another note for her:
Englith,
Thank you so much! I want to say first that your name sounds beautiful and I am honored the be able to call you by your name. I'm sorry, I'm just very happy and excited! If you have any questions, any at all, please, just ask away! I'll try my best to answer each question to the best of my knowledge. I can't wait to hang out with you!
From A New Friend,
Adrian Sharp

Adrian finished the letter and put it on Englith's desk while the teacher had his back turned. He was so happy right now, his smile so cute and his eyes sparkling with excitement!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 pm
Katie had been taking notes, paying close attention as the teacher spoke. Math was her worst subject, she did horridly in it. She blinked when Jeckt passed her a note, and smiled while opening it a reading it. She giggled softly as she read it, turning her face to give him a smile before starting to write a reply.

'Don't worry about it, it was an accident. I'm happy that we met too! And of course, I would love to. Just tell me the time and where you want to meet up and I will have no problem showing you around!'

She added this face ':3' on her letter and signed it from her, sliding it over to Jeckt. She began to write notes again.

((I'm having an extremely bad family problem, and it might go as far as to effect my rps. I want to warn all of you that it might even go to the point where I'll have to quit rping. If this happens, Damned will be taking over this rp so no worries. I just ask that you guys keep me in your thoughts, and if you're the type to pray, send your prayers to me. Me and my family need them.))  

love2daydream

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:48 pm
The door to the class room opened and Vertigo stepped in. He was late and he knew it. He walked up to the teacher with a note explaining his lateness. Then he moved to sit in an empty seat in the back row. Vertigo remained quiet in his seat, his eyes scanning the room without moving. He remained silent for many reasons. He knew math, but did not care to demonstrate. He was also nervous. A new student on a new planet where all mechanical organisms were treated with less respect than organic life forms.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 pm
Finishing his scan Kale lifted his hand from his cheek just as the door opened the dull light that his glasses had been giving off faded quickly. As Vertigo entered Kale eyed him up for a moment. Behind the lenses of his glasses a complete bio mechanical layout of the robot like creature appeared as Kale looked it over storing the data he was finding in the flash drive like mind of his. Like himself he wasn't of a humanoid race tho unlike him he was not made anything in the same way as the android. As the boy sat down Kale simply watched him for a moment before going thru a similar scan of each of the students around him.  

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:38 pm
Vertigo looked at Kale and said, "I see I'm not the only non organic in here. Good to know. My name is Vertigo. This planet has no information on my race, so you'll be disappointed if you decide to search the school's files.and your scan just know you will find is far from as complete as you might think. My race can be...surprising."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:18 pm
Elton glared as a new student entered the classroom, almost palpably arrogant and self-absorbed, and obviously one of the famous 'planetspawn androids' of Reach. How he could see an Asata - one of the more well-known information broker species in the galaxies of the Inner Clusters - and still pretend to be an unknown quantity. If he called in a few connections, Elton could find out what the newcomer was planning for dinner and the serial number of the ship he'd come in on. Some people...

((I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on... well, several things. Meaning no offense to love2daydream, who might have been tired when she reviewed the profile, there is one seriously out-of-place thing in your profile and another that's not even physically possible without violating the laws of physics, at least not unless your character is built like a tank and you've neglected to mention.

The two points are as follows.

First: Assuming a rational government, there is no possible reason for any government to even think of locking up a Spacer. Your character would have literally nothing to fear whatsoever unless he legitimately broke the law.

Second: Your home planet of 'Reach' is almost infinitely improbable for three very complex reasons. Two of them likewise make life of any sort, let alone intelligent life, an impossibility on the planet, should it exist. The sheer size prevents it having any sort of intelligence. PM me for details, but if you don't want a long, rambling explanation please trust me when I say that my facts are legit and your home planet has no business existing.))  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 pm
((Take it to pm's. You have no business telling me my character is not possible and shouldn't be allowed. Have you stopped to realize this is a roleplay, not the real world? This is a story that you didn't create, and I don't care if you are biased against the idea of intelligent life that isn't organic in nature. Also, you character having knowledge about my character without ever having met him is probably against the rules of the rp, and in my book is a form of metagaming, which is a form of godmodding.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:20 am
((Both your irrational rebuttal and your ridiculous and thinly-veiled (oh, wait, I meant to say 'completely undisguised and unwarranted') accusation of godmodding have been addressed in a PM to you.

Setting aside the ragefaces, what say we get back to roleplaying?))  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:46 am
((If Possible I'd rather we not only get back to roleplaying, but edit IC responses into our posts. sound good?))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:44 am
Englith had been rather annoyed when she'd first gotten to school, she'd been relatively bitter and un-excited, but she'd never actually thought of the possibility of not only meeting Earthers but also Spacers on, well, Earth. She'd also yet to meet any prejudice from being one from a Gaseous planet, that meant double-success. As Elton offered non-Earth food, a rather good idea because Englith doubted she could absorb one solid bite, she felt the last of the tension that had marked her first morning leave her. That tension, formerly annoyance, had turned further to intrigue and openness. Boy, her parents would be happy with that.

"I accept/am-grateful/thankful/happy. Thank you Brothereldermind, you are/have-been very kind/welcoming/sweet."

She turned her attention to Adrian's note, reading it quickly and picking up his excitement. It didn't spread as well as the mindlink had impressed upon her the lessening annoyance, but it did seem rather catching for an Earth letter. Her eyes were drawn to the front of the room when the door opened. As the boy sat down she found herself oddly fascinated again, as the words he spoke 'non-organic' caught her attention. More technologically based lifeforms? Oh how intriguing....

(Yay! No more Rage-Faces! 3nodding )  

The Eternaly Damned

Eloquent Bloodsucker

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:40 am
Elton was about to respond when the teacher called on him, for whatever reason. "The answer is seven, sir."

The teacher, almost sweating satisfaction from his pores, turned around and started writing out the problem on the board. "In fact, young man, you are wrong. The answer is seven times the square root of two, cubed."

Elton sighed and got up to walk to the front of the classroom. Once again, and for the third time since he got to this planet, he'd have to show an Earthsider where they screwed up. He picked up a marker and circled three seemingly unrelated numbers, then connected them. "Assuming base-ten computation in a Euclidean graph, the only rational and correct answer is seven, sir."

The teacher looked at the board for a moment, drew a hasty graph next to it, and plotted a few points. his voice wavered slightly as he spoke again. "Well done, boy. You pay more attention than I'd thought. You may take your seat."

Elton sat down again and glanced over at Englith. "(ironic) See/feel/comprehend Earthsidebrain/intelligence? Almost/notquite/nearly overmuch/toolarge to-handle/grasp."

((Let's just keep it as-is. It'll serve as a reminder in case we start to get rage-y in the future.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:03 am
Inside her own head, Englith nodded. She probably wouldn't have gone up to the front the way Elton had, though, she was much more likely to sit back quietly and explain from her place in the back. Then again, if she'd been called on at all she probably would have been so embarrassed that she'd have partially disappeared. Math was a necessary thing to her, with calculations and Geometry being a big part of her everyday writings and engineering feats, but being called out on it wouldn't do her well.

Maybe things would be different if she were in a science classroom, she loved experimentation with chemicals.

"(awe/agreement) Yes, I/we/us/spacers are/am very/overmuch/more-than they/Earthers/Earthlings think/know/understand us/spacers to-be." Then again, that sounded bitter again, she added on "But/also we/spacers/us don't fully/allmuch/overmuch understand/comprehend the Earthers/Earthlings/Humans yet, either."

The Eternaly Damned

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 am
"Interesting...very interesting..." He said as he looked at the board at the front of the class. Though his words were not about the board at all, they were about the students around him. He turned his gaze to look at a girl. "What is your name, if I may ask?" He was looking at Englith as he asked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:04 am
Englith looked over at Vertigo as if he had surprised her. Indeed he had. She whispered a response. "The teacher is teaching." She seemed rather adamant, despite the fact that she would like to make friends, that she not make any human adults think badly of her. There was a reason Elton and Adrian's conversations with her were silent, in either case. "It's rude to talk over him." Her voice, like her frame, was light and small. Obviously she could be loud if she wanted to, but it was in her nature not to be disruptive. In order to answer the boys question, however, she tapped on her pencil case, which in elegant script had the name 'Englith' carved into the side. It was a touch she had added in case she lost it for whatever reason.  

The Eternaly Damned

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:20 am
"Sorry..." Vertigo said. He actually looked sorry. Math wasn't one of his better subjects, but this level math was something he hadn't signed up for. He knew it well enough, but he hated math. He was more of a atheletic type. dispite his fat appearance, he was indeed the type to be an athlete. Though his real passion, was not too surprisingly technology.

He nodded when she tapped her pencil case, and a small smile came to his face as he mouthed the words, "Nice to meet you."

((meant to say Nodded, darn typos!))  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces