Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
..::[The Sad Cafe]::..|Accepting&&Open| Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This cafe doesn't actually exist.
  I know. haha.
  WHAT!? I've been liiiiied tooooo.....
View Results

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:17 am
Marcus had listened, keeping to himself near the window. Had it been for the energetic murmur of the place, Marcus would've left by then. How he disliked feeling so completely lost in this pudle of a cafe. So cheery, he thought, that it almost made Marcus a bit more depressed. However, he hated to think that he was like everyone else that probably entered this cafe, a miserable person trying to find some fragment of happiness. Marcus wasn't looking for such merrriment. No, in all actuality, what he truly desired was a nice little settlement of unicorns and rainbows. He wanted distraction. He wanted peace. Love was so cliche, anyways. Someone couldn't possibly find love in a place like this anyways. A person couldn't fall in love that fast. No, Marcus was a bit sensical. Yet he continued to read in his seat. What had kept him? Hope? Marcus disliked how positive that was and looked more at it as a place to be. It was people he wanted to be around. Leaving him to himself could be detrimental to his mentality. So, Marcus sat in his seat and stayed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 am
User Image

I find it hard to tell you I find it hard to say
MAD // WORLD

Bryce laughed at Misery, thanking her for his tea before turning back to Ash. She was so scared--almost reminding him of an abandoned kitten. "Things'll get better--especially if you start coming here on a regular basis." He looked down at his tea. "I started coming here after a really dark time. Sure, not everything's better--but I'm smiling, laughing, and talking while I'm here. It's a huge improvement. I have no doubt that things will get better from here." He smiled genuinley at her. Faintly, he remembered his first time in the Sad Cafe. He had been trying to stifle sobs the entire time when Misery had come up to him with an Earl Gray tea and a slice of coffee cake. 'Here,' she had said. 'Earl Gray will warm you up and sweets do good for the heart.' And she walked away. It was Bryce's favorite ever since.

When people run in circles it’s a very very
MAD // WORLD

Bryce Barron

gaaras and milk

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:44 am
.Misery, you cannot have it without having Happiness.

-Everytime I have something meaningful and sweet to write, I see your sig, and it just flies right out my brain, gaaras.-
Misery slipped away from the two and mosied around the cafe, refilling drinks and talking with a few of the other patrons. Stopping by Marcus, she asked, "Hai. Have you been helped yet?"

.Just as you cannot Hate without Love.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:26 am
Only say what you are positive about.

Ashriel gave a weak smile in response to his smile, still nervous that even he would decide she was strange and someone to make fun of. "I-I think I will." She said softly, her hand wrapped around the sketch book he'd given her. Even at her old home, no one had been quite this nice to her. Perhaps that was why she feared so much everyone hating her.

Otherwise, you open the door for regret.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

gaaras and milk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 am
User Image

I find it hard to tell you I find it hard to say
MAD // WORLD

Bryce smiled. "Glad to hear it," he replied. "I'm normally here in the afternoons, if you ever want someone to talk to. Misery and Lucy are always really good to talk to as well." he shrugged. "As long as the place isn't too busy they'll talk with you--and then there's everyone else here too. Can make some pretty good friends here." He flashed a handsome smile at her. "I got to go finish my application. Nice meeting you, Ashriel." he went over to his table and began to finish out the packet.

When people run in circles it’s a very very
MAD // WORLD

Bryce Barron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Ashriel nodded as she listened to him. "Nice to meet you, too." She said softly, beginning another drawing in the sketch book he handed her when he went off to another table.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:25 pm
Roanan, for all his perks and flaws, was more patient with other people than he was with himself. Finally giving up, he picked his guitar back up and just moved the broken string out of the way. His ears perked as he heard a soft spoken voice just behind him. It sounded like she was behind him, so turned and faced her, though he could only guess at here her face was. The result was him looking way over her head. "Excuse me, sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but could you help me with something?" He felt around at the head of the guitar and said, "I'm looking for this string right here," He said, motioning to the broken string, "but I can't tell which is which from the packets." He held up all 6 in front of him. His pleasant smile hid the fact that he was nervous. He didn't even know if the girl was still there. The cafe noise was drowning out any indicating signs that a person was sitting at the table that he was facing, if he was facing one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Ashriel widened her eyes as the man turned to look at her. Er, well, above her. She took a deep breath, realizing immediately that he was blind. Still, she helped him, taking the right package out of his hand. "Do you want me to open it?" She asked softly, looking down at the package.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 pm
He blinked and adjusted his face so he was actually facing her, and not the wall. "That one? Ah, thank you. If you could open for me, that would save me so much trouble." He breathed a sigh of relief. "For a second there, I thought I was talking to a wall. I wasn't exactly sure if I was facing the right way or not," He said with a slightly nervous laugh. He put the guitar in his lap and set to work removing the snapped string. "I'm Roanan, by the way. I'm pretty much new in town." He said, putting one half of the broken string on the table and beginning to work on the knot at the head of the guitar.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Ashriel worked on opening the package as she sat there, listening to him talk. "Ashriel...I just moved here as well." She said softly, and her nervousness was audible. As she finished opening the package to the string, she waited for him to finish taking off the broken one.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 pm
Finally, it came loose and he pulled off the guitar string and placed it on the counter with the other half. His hand reached out as he tried to estimate how close he was to her. "Sorry, this is probably gonna sound a little strange, but exactly how close am I to your table. I don't like to poke around with my walking stick because I feel rude and embarrassed." He paused. He sounded about as much as a nervous wreck as she did. He took a breath as his hand found the edge of her table. "Ah, closer than I thought."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Ashriel watched quietly as he felt about for her table, not sure what to say. After a moment, her hand touched his that was on the table, lifting it slightly and turning it over to put the new string in it. Her eyes gazed down at her drawing, and she took a deep breath, picking up her pencil again. "It's okay..." She said quietly. Well, he wouldn't make fun of her...perhaps he would be a good person to stick with.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm
Roanan paused. "Wow, your hands are soft. Mine are pretty well calloused. Guitar strings do that to ya, I suppose." He smiled and set to work on stringing the guitar in a few moments, the final knot was tied and he worked on tuning it. It got down to the minute changes in the pitch of the string, yet he had no problem with getting it just right. "Alright, all set. Thanks for your help. Any song you'd like to request?" He asked, absentmindedly strumming lightly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Ashriel smiled again, this smile slightly less timid. Not that the one she was talking to would really notice. She thought for a moment, shaking her head out of habit. "I don't really have any preferences..." She answered him quietly, listening as he tuned it.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

BaritoneGoddess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Oh my. A lot has happened. Can someone please fill me in?  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff