Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e: Secrets of Lidea~~~~~~~~[FILLED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:10 pm
Come on guys, turn in Character Sheets so we can start.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Rain Yupa
Southern_cross_nemesis
I don't mind sharing leader duties. I am still new to the system, and I am alittle confused on what it means to be a leader any way... form where I stand it is just a support character.

Ether way is fine.

First and foremost, a Leader provides healing for the party. No other role provides that. As a class feature, Leaders can heal twice an encounter, or three times at level 16+.

Which SEEMS cool, but depending on how dice rolls go, 2 heals might not be enough in an encounter. Having two leaders guarantees 4.

You can supplement your classed-based healing powers (Healing Word, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Healing Spirit, etc) with more powers. Like, Clerics can get a 2nd level daily utility power of Cure Minor Wounds, and a 6th level daily utility power of Cure Serious Wounds. With only one Leader, one might find one's self gravitating towards these powers, to pick up the slack of healing. And it's not a bad character at all, and your party will LOVE you for it, and protect you to their dying breaths.

Having two leaders, however, means that you can focus most of your level-based powers on stuff BESIDES just healing. There isn't nearly so much slack to pick up. Suddenly, your cleric finds himself contributing more to frontline offense, or your shaman can supplement battle with some ranged spells.

Plus, if one Leader goes down due to clever enemy tactics or a lucky shot, the other Leader can heal him/her, rather than the rest of the party freaking out and forcing to give up standard actions on (usually) untrained Heal checks.
then why not just call them healer or medic, instead of Leader?

Don't worry about answering that.

I still don't mind sharing the spotlight, I look at it this way, if you have more than one healer the longer the team can run, And the less of a chance that something bad can befall the entire group. So, if you want to create your bard do it, if you want to create your death nun...

Not all of the Leaders are healers, some just give the party buffs. I didn't realize there was already a healer leader or I would have gone with something else. Though I appreciate that you are ok with it, most people wouldn't be.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:20 pm
Actually, every Leader has some sort of Healing, whether they like it or not.

I've seen a Revenant Cleric in another game who used his Healing Word on himself and only himself. So how you USE the healing is up to you.

Leaders can provide all sorts of bonuses. For example, two of the Bard level 2 utility spells include giving a +1 to attack rolls for the entire party for the encounter, and the other gives a +1 to all defenses for the entire party for the encounter. Other Leader builds grant attacks. Others move people around the battlefield. Others grant saving throws. Others provide protection to others from some damage sources.

The point of a Leader is generally boost the party in one form or another.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:28 pm
so we are going to have three healers?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:33 pm
well, i'm only a sub heals...
Mainly I'm going to work on picking up and sustaining the melee  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:33 pm
Looks like, But that's not a bad thing.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:39 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
so we are going to have three healers?

Murder Nun is an invoker, so no.

Three? I count you, my (former) bard, and...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 pm
death god's cleric  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 pm
Undead Death God's Cleric. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Oh, that's what you decided to play?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:50 pm
Rain Yupa

Oh, that's what you decided to play?
Yeah, I asked someone else and they said go with the cleric. Besides, you can't have to many armored healers.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 pm
I didn't say it was a bad thing... I am just planning out my character, and if I don't have to be the only healer, I have to do some replanning. Pacifist healer is looking more and more useless with more than one healer  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
I didn't say it was a bad thing... I am just planning out my character, and if I don't have to be the only healer, I have to do some replanning. Pacifist healer is looking more and more useless with more than one healer
I know someone who did a pacifist healer, they are really good. But yeah, not as much with other healers. I could play something else if that would make it easier.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:01 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
I know someone who did a pacifist healer, they are really good. But yeah, not as much with other healers. I could play something else if that would make it easier.
no you play what you want... I will think of something that will also be helpful...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 pm
damn, i come back after my break, find two more pages...sheesh...I guess I better hurry up on that char sheet, then *starts working*

glad i like playing strikers, otherwise we'd be overrun with leaders, it seems ;p  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff