Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
CrissAngelLover animal update thread *update and question* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 am
Wow, what a good lookin' boy! I can't even begin to think where to start for a name for him.... I personally like Japanese name 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:08 pm
Akari_32
Wow, what a good lookin' boy! I can't even begin to think where to start for a name for him.... I personally like Japanese name 3nodding

Thanks! ^_^ I like Japanese names too! ^_^ He is definitely very active! He is enjoyable to watch! He seems to already like me too. Every time I go to the tank to watch him, he swims up to me, as if to say "Hello." and then he either continues swimming around or watches me for a while before he swims around more. ^_^  

CrissAngelLover12345

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:44 am
I forgot to mention that Petco's "betta bugs" were all dead... Their large containers of flightless fruit flies were also all dead...>.< I'll keep checking, hoping to find some that are alive, I'd rather the "betta bugs" even though they're the same thing as the large container of flightless fruit flies because I don't need a gigantic number of the flies.

He had me laughing yesterday. He was attacking the bubbles that were coming out of the bubbler. XD I'll try to record it if he continues doing it and post it. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:37 pm
While watching him this evening, I noticed he's working on making a bubble nest already! ^_^ He's going down to the bubbler and going after the bubbles, then going up to the top, right, front corner of the tank to work on the bubble nest, then back to the bubbler, then back to working on the nest and so on. 4laugh  

CrissAngelLover12345

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:13 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
Here he is! He's been happily exploring his tank! He's so small! I tried to get some pictures of him in areas that would show how small he is, but he was moving around so much, exploring his new home that he wasn't in those locations that long lol.He's also eaten with no problem! biggrin I haven't named him yet. Anyone have any ideas?

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Here are a couple updated pictures of Ace. I figured I'd take a couple pictures of her since she happened to be in a spot where I could lol.

User Image

User Image

I'm gonna get him on a variety of foods right off so he won't become picky and accept only the pellet food. For the pellets, he's getting NLS. I'm going to pick up some betta bugs ( a brand of flightless fruit flies, smaller container than the ones they have by the reptile section, I don't need that huge of a container for only one animal consuming them... They'll still reproduce as long as I keep several in there, so it'll still be good. smile ) for him this afternoon.
3 things. 1. HE IS beautiful!!! SOOOOO pretty. 2. My leopard gecko, Clementine, has that same SpongeBob house in her tank. She loves it and looks like a cute little curled up cat in it. It is her dry hide, she has a bigger moist hide for when she wants to shed and such. 3. Betta Bugs?! NEVER HEARD OF THEM, but I am so dang glad you mentioned that because awhile ago I was trying to hatch tiny baby mantises. So I bought a huge bottle of flightless fruit flies. But the babies died, so I have this jar just wasting away wishing I had a purpose for it. NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF FEEDING IT TO BELLA NOEL! Duh! Betta's getting fruit flies now!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:11 pm
Kipluck
CrissAngelLover12345
Here he is! He's been happily exploring his tank! He's so small! I tried to get some pictures of him in areas that would show how small he is, but he was moving around so much, exploring his new home that he wasn't in those locations that long lol.He's also eaten with no problem! biggrin I haven't named him yet. Anyone have any ideas?

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Here are a couple updated pictures of Ace. I figured I'd take a couple pictures of her since she happened to be in a spot where I could lol.

User Image

User Image

I'm gonna get him on a variety of foods right off so he won't become picky and accept only the pellet food. For the pellets, he's getting NLS. I'm going to pick up some betta bugs ( a brand of flightless fruit flies, smaller container than the ones they have by the reptile section, I don't need that huge of a container for only one animal consuming them... They'll still reproduce as long as I keep several in there, so it'll still be good. smile ) for him this afternoon.
3 things. 1. HE IS beautiful!!! SOOOOO pretty. 2. My leopard gecko, Clementine, has that same SpongeBob house in her tank. She loves it and looks like a cute little curled up cat in it. It is her dry hide, she has a bigger moist hide for when she wants to shed and such. 3. Betta Bugs?! NEVER HEARD OF THEM, but I am so dang glad you mentioned that because awhile ago I was trying to hatch tiny baby mantises. So I bought a huge bottle of flightless fruit flies. But the babies died, so I have this jar just wasting away wishing I had a purpose for it. NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF FEEDING IT TO BELLA NOEL! Duh! Betta's getting fruit flies now!

Thanks. biggrin

I'm sure your betta will enjoy them too! biggrin I hope Petco will get some live ones soon... I'll likely be able to check again on Monday. I might even try some other locations since my mom wants to go somewhere Monday as well. ^^  

CrissAngelLover12345

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:02 am
Now that Country and Jonny have been on ToTW for a while, Jonny's chewing on himself has almost completely stopped! My mom got Jonny some grainless treats. When my dad asked about them, he was informed about Jonny's allergy, to which he asked how we found this out in an irritated manner. We had informed him of our observations on his chewing on himself, that on foods with grains in them, he chewed himself to no end, and on this grainless food, his chewing has almost completely stopped. He seems to have adopted a "whatever" attitude about it, but at least he didn't give Jonny anything with grains in it last night. Same with my brother... Neither were happy about it, but at least they both didn't give Jonny anything with grains in it... Hopefully they'll remember and not give Jonny anything with grains in it ever again (considering their track record of selective memory, only remembering what they want to remember and "forgetting" what they don't want to remember..

My new betta hasn't quite figured out the feeding yet. He had been so busy working on his bubble nest that he hadn't eaten anything since the one feeding on Monday. I finally got him to eat yesterday morning. He appears to have given up on his bubble nest. I haven't seen any bubbles added, and also it keeps getting popped. I also haven't seen him working on it in a while.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 am
Unfortunately, my dad has declared that unless we get the vets to perform allergy tests on Jonny, he is not going to give Jonny the grainless treats, and will continue to give him the Ol' Roy treats... He also decided to accuse me of changing Jonny's treats because it was me who had informed him of Jonny's treats being different and that we are sure Jonny's allergic to grains, when it just happened to be me who was giving out the dinner "treats" and the one he asked about why Jonny is getting different treats from Country, when it was mom who made the decision, she just wasn't the one to give him the information... He still refuses to give Jonny the grainless treats without proof from the vet that he's allergic to them... >.< I talked to the vets office about the cost of the tests and they cost anywhere from $150 to $400... Which is money we don't really have right now... We'll find a way to fund it though, as we genuinely care and want him to be as happy and comfortable as possible, which also obviously means him not eating something he's allergic to... I will help as much as possible to pay for the tests... I can't wait to move out... Being stuck living with someone who doesn't care about the animals' health as much as he claims to is irritating to no end... He's still going to remain on ToTW...  

CrissAngelLover12345

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:08 am
My new betta's (still haven't named him yet... lol ) fins are starting to look much better! They're less shredded. biggrin I can tell they're not fully healed yet, but they're getting there. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:12 am
My betta has gotten used to the feeding routine now. When feeding him pellets, if I'm holding onto it for longer than he likes, he'll stick his head out of the water and n** at my finger lol. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the next generation of flightless fruit flies to grow up... All my adults have died... >.< My luck would have it that they did just as he was finally starting to show interest in them, though he'd repeatedly go to eat them then spit them out, it's farther than what he had been doing previously, which was just looking at them and swimming away. I hope to pick up a little dropper soon so I can more easily feed the brine shrimp, daphnia, and bloodworms to him.

His fins look even better. biggrin His dorsal fin was pretty badly damaged. It had a chunk missing out of it. That area is growing back and it also seems to be getting longer too. biggrin I'll post more pictures once his fins are completely healed. biggrin

Still looking for name ideas for him too.

Thankfully, Jonny doesn't appear to be allergic to the grains that are in the Ol' Roy treats (considering he is still getting those from my dad because he absolutely refuses to give him anything else... gonk ). Even with getting those, he's still not chewing on himself any more. I have a feeling it was probably the rice or some other ingredient that was in the Kirkland's best that he's no longer getting in ToTW. It's so good to finally see him no longer chewing on himself and to see his legs and body without the self-inflicted wounds from his chewing. One leg still has one, but it's healing and is almost gone. biggrin

Also, without getting them neutered (my dad absolutely refuses to neuter Country and Jonny... I have tried to explain the health benefits, but he doesn't care... He'll spay/neuter cats, but not dogs...I don't understand him... >.<), or separated (my dad once again, won't go for that either... The only times he will allow them to be separated is when no one is home and at night when everyone is sleeping...) is there a way to get Country to quit being all "frisky" with Jonny? He doesn't do it when we're watching (besides licking his butt in a way that you would see a male dog licking a female's genitals to see if she's in heat on a frequent basis (almost daily to several times a day)...), but once they're out of our site, Country tries to "do the deed" with Jonny. Jonny snarls and has attempted to bite Country many times over it, and Country still won't stop. This goes on nearly every day... Jonny occasionally attempts, but isn't nearly as frequent (probably partly due to his arthritis in his back). And when Country isn't trying to pursue Jonny, he's constantly licking the floor and any other location Jonny has sat/layed down as if Jonny had turned into a female dog in heat.... The licking is also getting super irritating, especially since he does so very noisily and he's constantly doing so... Any ideas on how to get him to stop licking the floor as well? I'm getting very sick of this behavior... If it were up to me and my mom, we'd have them neutered, but unfortunately, it's not up to us... He quite clearly gives her no say in much of anything... >.<  

CrissAngelLover12345

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces