Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 pm
*gets up, brushes self off and exits* twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm
What I get for skim-reading so I can click the linkies and look at the purty pitters. redface Though usually arts have limited amounts that fill rapidly. *Still cursing workies ~ just because it makes me want to drink.*  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 pm
ninja ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:40 am
*sneaks in *
Lia pssst ninja
I love your current look User Image

*giggles*  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:32 am
I do the limited thing so I don't get overwhelmed sweatdrop But one of the times I reopen my freebie thread, it might be more along the lines of what Kai's doing where I just draw what I feel like rather than first come, first served type of thing  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 pm
It's a way that's suited for me. It gives me the option to pick and choose from ideas and only do the ones I'm confident that I can make into quality art. If I feel obligated to finish a piece it has a hit or miss quality and when there is a commission involved there is no room for missing.

So with a thread like this I only do work that has inspired me from the start and from experience the quality shows a big difference so people I choose to draw for only get the best of what I can do. It's probably the same reason why I can't draw for a living. It's just to much of a hassle that I'd probably stop enjoying what I do altogether.

I know I said I was going to start something else before I finished inking this, but I had some time to kill so I present this threads first finished product:

User Image

If you wanna color it Tes it's all yours now. whee

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:31 pm
Liada Trovaras

Since someone doesn't accept random PMs :/

I think your turn is long overdue. Is there a particular avatar you'd like me to draw? If you absolutely want the tattoos drawn can you send me some reference please? cat_whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:52 pm
Yay!
It might take some work to color from a camera shot, but you can bet your a** I'm going to try.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:26 pm
Yeah wish I had my computer still so i could do a proper scan like this drawing deserves crying but let me know if there's anything I can do to help on my end.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:03 pm
That's why I kind of figured I might have to ink it sweatdrop I'm going to see how it comes out using your lines though. I've managed to get a base silhouette color for the whole thing without too much work at least. Probably going to have to do all the flat colors by hand instead of trying to use the magic wand, but that's nothing new to me. At least I know about clipping masks now!  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:31 pm
Oldest one has the same issue... she did the X-Mas Brat in my sig in MS Paint of all things, and was doing art here on Gaia. She wasn't necessarily enjoying the pressure, and after some of her art was stolen she just quit doing it... She also quit playing Gaia, but that's another story.

Hmmm... pressure *Meanders off to tally up cost of car insurance and cell phone bills* ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:37 pm
Kairanha
Liada Trovaras

Since someone doesn't accept random PMs :/

I think your turn is long overdue. Is there a particular avatar you'd like me to draw? If you absolutely want the tattoos drawn can you send me some reference please? cat_whee

sweatdrop Heheheh....yea....after being hacked once before and having trolls spamming my inbox I got sick of it and threw up all the blocks I could. stare If you want I can either add you or just temporarily remove the block. 3nodding

Secondly..HUZZAH!!
*does uber happy dance* The tattoos are not a big deal since I never had a chance to make a drawing of them for reference yet. User Image

Lemme know if you need to know anything more.
User Image *skips around excited*  

Liada Trovaras

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:51 am
I talked with another artist recently that said she doesn't feel all that much pressure to get Gaia commissions "just right" because, in the grand scheme of things, she's actually doing it for "free" when you consider that Gaia gold isn't actual money.

So she only felt pressure to get things right if it was a real life commission and not so much a Gaia gold commission.

Also, it's a shame that something like art theft would make your daughter stop doing art, Brat. Art theft is really common and it happens to a lot of people, and most of them decide to just sign or watermark their work instead of quit doing it. It hasn't happened to me as of yet {at least not that I know of}, but I honestly can't see it as something that would make me want to give it up. It would just lower my opinion of whoever it is that did it. I'd also see it as a bit of a compliment because that also meant they thought my work was impressive enough to pretend it was their own emotion_awesome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:46 am
In total I don't think I made any more than 3 mil off of commissions. In the grand scheme of things that might be less than %1 of my total worth. I've always utilized methods that take no effort to make the bulk of my gold, but that's another story.

My personality can be problematic in situations like this. I have confidence to spare, but horrible self esteem. It's a bad combination. I have high standards for myself, but no matter how good I do at something I can always find flaws in it. The constant striving and competitiveness within myself to be better has opened a lot of doors for me, but it's easy to fall into dispair since my goals are impossible to reach.

Engaging in any kind of art, personal or otherwise, is the same for me. In the end I don't particularly care about the profit, but the reward for me is in knowing that I did a good job. If I compromised my standards just to turn a quick buck the guilt would eat me alive.

I chose to get back into art because I've been a martial artist for a long time. I like the thought that my hands are not only meant for hurting others.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:11 pm
Yeah....
I think that little angel on my shoulder probably died a long time ago.

But I don't do art fast enough to make a "quick" profit off it by any means.

The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff