Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:51 pm
Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw|||Half blood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Gracie jumped when she heard a loud thud near her and turned to face Rufus, eying him in confusion. His face was pink, and she immeditaly came to the conclusion that he had at least half way been listening to their conversation. She smirked at him playfully. "Rufus" She sang. "You know it's not polite to eavesdrop." She giggled and smiled teasingly at him.

OOC:...

Love interest: Jack, Jade, really anyone cute

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 pm
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Second Year // HoM Classroom // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Michelle
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calm
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'A no-stress class... just what I needed. Perfect end to the week.'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Adalaide shrugged a little at Michelle's question, offering a small smile. "I'm just glad the week is over, I guess. I wasn't a very nice first week back." She leaned forward, using her hand to support her chin and blowing out a puff of air to get her bangs out of her face. She was trying really hard to convince herself that it would get better, that it wouldn't get worse... Honestly, she was having a bit of trouble with it. But, she was generally an optimistic person, so she was sure that, the further she got from the feast, the better she would feel. "And I'm glad that we're in this class. Not the most fun, but at least it doesn't stress me out."

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Schedule: Tran, DADA, Ast, Herb, Char, Pot, HoM

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Cameron Rowley
Second Year: Gryffindor

User Image
If I Was Your Boyfriend..
I'd never let you go.

Cameron walked into the class. Most students beat him here. In fact, class might have already started by the time he showed up. While some students answered whatever question it was that the professor asked, Cameron just sat down in the back of the classroom. It seemed as though they explained what subjects were touched up on the previous year.

wearing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:53 pm
She’s the sunflower of nature’s seeds
A girls that some men only find in their dreams
When she smiles it seems the stars all know
Cause one by one they start to light up the sky

User ImageUser Image
User ImagePureblood User ImageSingle

@>>Nell gave a sheepish shrug in response to Marina's small outburst. "It wasn't terribly exciting meeting him. He sold my Mama earrings, me a locket, and my Da some weird Instant Peruvian Darkness powder. Only thing that was pretty cool was when he read my palms. The rest of the summer was spent showing tourist around Scotland and having them ogle my 'uniqueness.' she used actual air quotes to emphasize her word.<<@

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Wearing: Uniform| Where: History Classroom| With: Marina and Rose| Feeling: Content| Thinking: Unique? Really?|

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 am
Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin Second Year
Mood: Confused
Thoughts: Muggles?
With: Nell and Rose

"Muggle tourists?" Marina asked, confused. Most muggles did not like her, she'd come to conclude. The children she knew growing up had alternated between being nervous around her or being cruel. Her mother's relatives never made any effort to contact them.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:45 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. I'm pretty sure that there are some floating about in your heads, and I have no problem answering them."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: Sorry about interrupting conversations, but I need to post the next class.
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:21 am
Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin Second Year
Mood: Neutral
Thoughts: .....
With: No one

Marina took a seat towards the front and began taking notes. She didn't have any questions and instead remembered getting her ownn wand. It had only been last year but but seemed so long ago now. The makore wood wand was perfectly suited to her left hand, and she had never had any trouble with it. She really was in Ollivander's debt.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:01 pm
She’s the sunflower of nature’s seeds
A girls that some men only find in their dreams
When she smiles it seems the stars all know
Cause one by one they start to light up the sky

User ImageUser Image
User ImagePureblood User ImageSingle

@>>Nell nodded. "That's what we usually get although we do get the occasional wizard or witch, especially graduates from Hogwarts that want a few more days in Scotland." She looked up from her writing to see that class was mostly over and stood up to leave.

First week over, the Scot was feeling pretty good about her classes...even if she kept running into Cam for the most part. When she came into the classroom she saw her friend Marina was already there and the professor speaking about the Ollivander family. She looked down at her own rowan wand and smiled thinking back to when she first held it.<<@

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Wearing: Uniform| Where: History Classroom| With: Marina | Feeling: Content| Thinking: What question to ask?|

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Cameron Rowley

User Image
I'd never let you go.

Almost being here for two weeks already, Cameron walked into his last class of the week. Since Marina and Nell were the only students here, the boy decided to sit with them. "Hey," he said as he occupied the desk and chair behind the girls. When Professor Powell explained his lesson on the Ollivander family, the Gryffindor took quick notes as he knew they would probably be tested on this knowledge. It was kind of interesting how everyone in the family continued on with wands instead of someone trying to achieve something else with their lives. That never really happened in the muggle world. In fact, almost every member of a family would have their own hobbies rather than doing what their parents and siblings do for a living.

wearing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Lorelai Saphyre Brookwater

User Image
2nd year Gryffindor
12: Pureblood without prejudice: Single: Located at:

Lore walked into Her second history class and sat down near Cameron. "Hey Guys." She listened to the Professor and remembered when she had gotten her wand. Driftwood, and Peacock feather. The Wandmaker had said it was a very uncommon wand, at least in terms of students at the school.

And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit,
User Image
((OOC** ))
Right to the top

Kai Sparrowheart

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Cameron Rowley

User Image
I'd never let you go.

Cameron looked at Lore with a smirk. "Hi," he said quietly as the professor began to speak.

wearing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:47 pm
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Second Year // HoM Classroom // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina & the others
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calm
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, learning about the wandmakers...'

User Image

Adalaide saw that all the students who had arrived in class seemed to be sitting together, although there weren't very many of them just yet. She joined them, happy to see that she recognized them all, except one girl, a Gryffindor. Not wanting to interrupt the Professor's lesson, she chose not to introduce herself, but instead sat on the opposite side of Marina. She offered the Slytherin a small smile before pulling out her things and turning her attention to the Professor. Ollivander's, huh? That would be really interesting to learn, she thought. She, like many of the other students, felt her hand move unconsciously towards her wand, smiling as she felt the cool wood under her hand. Just this summer, she'd finally sat down and taken a good long look at it, and had burst out laughing. She'd known that the wands chose the witch or wizard, and that it was almost impossible to get a less than perfect match, but her wand had turned out to be much more well suited for her than she'd ever considered, to the point that it was almost eerie. She'd noticed the faint carving on the wand the moment she got it, and the faint know at the bottom of the hilt. But, she'd never really paid attention to the specifics. But then, sitting in her room, she'd finally noticed... the knob at the bottom was a perfect, intricately carved pumpkin, and the vines on the shaft of the wand were, in fact, pumpkin vines, down to the exact right leaf shape. It made her smile just to remember that moment, and how silly she'd felt, not noticing it until then. She thought this lesson would be rather interesting... it would be nice to learn about the family of wandmakers.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Schedule: Tran, DADA, Ast, Herb, Char, Pot, HoM

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:42 am
Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin Second Years
Mood: Neutral
Thoughts: Everyone's whipping out their wands to take a look...
With: Everyone

Marina realized that everyone seemed to have congregated into the seats near her. Well, it made her feel kind of nice. She kept taking notes in her messy handwriting readable only to her. It offered an amount of secrecy if she was writing something private, so she didn't mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:13 pm
Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw|||Half blood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Gracie skipped into class and sat down next to Cameron. She looked around the room hoping Caitlin would show up soon so she could tell her best friend the amazing news. The professor was lecturing on Ollivanders so Gracie took haphazard notes.

Love interest: Jade

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

|||Slytherin|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Michelle slipped into class and took a seat next to Ada. She slipped her wand out of her sleeve and ran her fingers over it delicately. She didn't bother taking notes, knowing if she really needed to study Ada would let her borrow hers.
User Image

Love interest: No One

When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 pm
♫ Feeling: Curious
♫ Company: Second Years
♫ What I'm thinking: That's new...
♫ What am I doing; Learning
User Image
♯ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭♡
Ȼɑɩȶɬɩη Єηɕεɬȿ

ɢɾӌғғɩηɗѳɾ
Ϩεϲѳηɗ Ӌεɑɾ
♯ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭♡
"There is nothing more badass than being yourself."

Caitlin walked into the classroom and sat down behind Gracie and looked at the two of friends. She had decided to wear different clothes today, she felt much more comfortable in jeans than in a skirt. She looked at Gracie again and noticed she looked excited for something. It was History of Magic, which Caitlin found interesting, but she didn't think Gracie was interested in it. She took indepth notes like she always did, when she finished, she leaned back in her seat.

OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
ﻉ√٥ﺎ

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items