Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
History of Magic V (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:10 pm
User Image

User ImageLocation: History of Magic (Thursday: 8:00am to 8:45am)
User Image
Another early class for Chloe and it was history of magic. Some would consider that bad but she was happy to be back in history with a teacher that she actually liked. The substitute was a nightmare and she dreaded every minute that she was in class last year. Now that Professor Powell was awake and well Chloe could go back to enjoying the history they would be learning.

"Good Morning Professor it's nice to have you back." Chloe said as she took her seat at the front of the class. As class started Chloe listened intently. Again the dreaded topic of OWLs came up and already she feared them. OWLs were tough and she was afraid that she might mess up and ruin her future. Chloe relaxed a bit when Professor Powell said they would be going over the information from the previous years.

Raising her hand Chloe waited to be called on before answering. "We talked about Nicolas Flamel the alchemist that created the philosopher's stone. He lived till he was six hundred and sixty five with the help of the Elixir of Life."

With: classmates

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:23 pm
Make me WHOLE again, open your EYES
TAUNTED by the SHADOW of your lie
Cold and far AWAY like you're not even MINE
Undo EVERYTHING and TAKE me
HIGHER, never BELIEVING what they say
'Cause I'm COUNTING the DAYS
To MEET you on the OTHER side
I will ALWAYS be WAITING

Mood: Grim
Thoughts: Yay, more review for OWLS...
Company: Fifth Years

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | F I F T H Y E A R User Image

Newlyn had been hoping to just take a quiet, subtle nap during this class, in a nice patch of sunshine. But no. This year she was going to have to actually participate. She tried to be a bit more mature about things and didn't pout or scowl as she answered. "Last year we learned about ancient Egypt and Greece. Those with magic were held in regard during that time, and Circe was a notable witch who lived then, known for transfiguring sailors into pigs." Privately, she thought Circe sounded like a right piece of work, but doubted anyone else cared about her opinion of a witch who had lived thousands of years ago.

The more SYMPATHY you GIVE, the LESS you NEED

Until the DAY that I see YOU on the other side
COME and take me HOME
I'm not giving IN, I WANT you back
Holding together the SHARDS of our PAST
Stole my HEART away, I can't LET you go
Break these CHAINS, and let me FLY to you
High ABOVE the world BELOW
OVER and over in my MIND

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:46 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

""Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Well, the start of a new year...
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:47 pm
Like a, like a, like a bullet train
Moving like the speed of sound
Feet can't keep on the ground
Can't stay in one place
Keep moving like a bullet train
'Cause I can't stop time
You keep blurring in my mind

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Fifth Year - Hufflepuff - Prefect -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: ...] [with: Fifth Years] [at: History of Magic]

Uriel liked this class, so he had no problem participating in their review for the OWLS. It was only sensible, after all. "Last year we learned about Herpo the Foul. He was one of the earliest dark wizards, and he was the first wizard to hatch a basilisk, and he was the first wizard to create a horcrux. He was also a parselmouth." He had a look of disgust on his face upon recounting these "accomplishments" and had to think about something else, besides some horrible person who lived thousands of years ago.

If you can't do something smart, do something right.

And space is undefined
These tracks left behind
We can't stay the same
Can't stop this train
I can't find the brakes
On this bullet train
'Cause I can't stop

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:15 pm
I'm bouncing off the walls again
I'm looking like a fool again
I threw away my reputation
One more song for the radio station

Waking up on the bathroom floor
Pull myself back together just to fall once more

User Image

Crash
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Crash sighed horridly, crooked yellow teeth and mouth open wide. Every time he word the word exam he wanted to fall asleep, then he heard NEWT and it made him anxious, and then when notion of review came up it made him stubborn, and irritable—then that word exam came up again and he yawned. Crash blinked. He glanced beside him, Uriel sat to his left with disturbed twisted features. Herpo the foul, what a weird nigg— he jerked up from his thoughts when he realized it was his turn. ”A couple years ago we went over the muggle witch burnings in the 1600's, or suttin' like that, and there was that weird witch who got caught a helluva' lotta' times,” he nodded, almost sagely.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5' 5" Weight: 130lbs Age: 15
History of Magic
Seated beside Uriel
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:36 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked to the classroom and over to the chalkboard. He quickly wrote on the chalkboard and then turned to the class.

Professor Powell
                                            Albus Dumbledore

"Hello again class, and welcome back. Today, we're going to discuss probably the most famous headmaster that ever served Hogwarts, as well as the rest of the wizarding world. Albus Dumbledore. Yes, I can hear some of you now wanting to dispute that claim, but that is the opinion of most people. We will try and keep an objective viewpoint however about the topic.

"Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer, was the Transfiguration Professor, and later Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Professor Dumbledore also served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He was a half-blood wizard, the son of Percival and Kendra Dumbledore, and the elder brother of Aberforth and Ariana. His father died in Azkaban when Dumbledore was young, while his mother and sister were later accidentally killed. His early losses greatly affected him early on, even at his death, but in turn made him a better person. Albus Dumbledore was considered to be the most powerful wizard of his time. He was most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicolas Flamel.

"It was through Dumbledore that resistance to the rise of Lord Voldemort was formed, as it was he who founded and led both the first and second Order of the Phoenix. Due to the fact that he had a keen mind and legendary power, Dumbledore became the only wizard that Voldemort ever feared. He was the wielder and the master of the Elder Wand from 1945 until 1997 and considered by many as the greatest Headmaster to ever grace Hogwarts. As he was about to die by a cursed ring, he planned his own death with Severus Snape. Though he was no longer alive at the time, it was through Dumbledore's machinations that Voldemort was ultimately defeated and peace restored to the wizarding world. He is the only Headmaster that was laid to rest at Hogwarts. Albus Dumbledore's portrait still remains at Hogwarts."

He looked about the class, and continued. "Yes, I do realize that that was a generalization of the man, however to cover it all would take several classes, which is actually what I planned to do. Please, should you have any questions, I would be happy to discuss them."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Well, this should be an interesting class.
                                            OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:36 pm
I threw away my reputation
One more song for the radio station

Waking up on the bathroom floor
Pull myself back together just to fall once more

User Image

Crash
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Crash had both arms wrapped around his skateboard, the deck was propped on his shoulder just behind his head and his hands dangled around. He strolled into class a bit late, but earlier than the rest, so it seemed. He dropped his board and satchel on the floor, retrieved his notes, and began to scribble something down. His handwriting was sloppy, slanted, and riddled with misspelled words, but he didn't seem to notice. When the last call came for question, he looked around the room quietly.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5' 5" Weight: 130lbs Age: 15
History of Magic
Second Row,
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:35 pm
Moving like the speed of sound
Feet can't keep on the ground
Can't stay in one place
Keep moving like a bullet train
'Cause I can't stop time
You keep blurring in my mind

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Fifth Year - Hufflepuff - Prefect -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: ...] [with: Fifth Years] [at: History of Magic]

Uriel took dutiful notes, like he always did. Dumbledore was a hero of history in Britain; he'd been one when he was still alive, for defeating Grindelwald. And nearly every student had to have at least gone by his white tomb, where it was always calm and peaceful. It'd probably make a good studying spot, actually. Maybe when the weather was warm again... he was lost in his thoughts, his writing slowing.

If you can't do something smart, do something right.

And space is undefined
These tracks left behind
We can't stay the same
Can't stop this train
I can't find the brakes
On this bullet train
'Cause I can't stop

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:31 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson got the classroom ready for the next class as he considered this group of students. Please don't let it end up like last time he tried this, he thought. Frowning, he flicked his wand, which had suspiciously been found in a vase on his desk (how it ended up there, he'll never know!), and caused the desks to rearrange themselves in a circular fashion. There, hopefully he didn't have any issues, otherwise he was probably going to be canned for having yet another argument break out in class. That would of course be terrible, to be honest.

"Hello again class. Today, we are going to have an open discussion. Now, the rules are quite simple. No opinion, no matter how outrageous it seems, is to be attacked for any reason. Two, there are to be no arguments. Should one erupt, this lesson will end immediately and I will dock the offenders points. Three, we will respect everyone here. There will be no flinging of insults, no calling anyone mudblood, or the like. That is offensive in the extreme, and one I take personal offense to. Otherwise, please stick with facts, and have an open mind in this discussion.

"Now, the topic for this discussion is Albus Dumbledore. We discussed him in last class, and this one is reserved for questions and opinions. Please, don't be shy. Go ahead and start whenever you're ready."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: If this blows up...
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:28 am
~Beginning of a New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:29 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

""Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: How is this year going to go?
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:01 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          "dating" Michael Davenport
                                                          Looking Adorkable in History with Classmates
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Bored
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Ugh, this class... the only thing worse than history is history review. ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Coin-operated boy; ஒ ஒ ஒxxx
                                                          All the other real ones that I destroy ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxx
                                                          Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceGypsy sat in the first chair she came to as she entered the History classroom, not really caring where she sat. God, she hated this class. Whoever scheduled it should be taken out in the Forbidden Forest and shot. With a muggle rifle. In the arse. Like history wasn't hard enough to sit through without falling asleep, not, they had to make it first thing in the morning, too. Ugh. And Professor Powell was always way too damned chipper. It was unnatural for a person to be in that good a mood that early in the morning. He wasn't human. Nothing would ever make her capable of being that bloody happy before noon... nothing. She couldn't wrap her head around it. Maybe he just drank a lot of coffee. Or, hell, maybe the blonde professor who was always following him around had something to do with it. They were dating, right? They had to be, although Gypsy honestly didn't see the appeal. She guessed he was a good looking guy... if you got past the beard and the fact that he was a morning person... and a history buff. Ugh. She sighed, unsurprised when he announced they were doing review, and a bit annoyed that they were apparently all expected to participate. Brilliant. The Ravenclaw tried to think back, honestly surprised by the amount of information that she recalled from her previous years. Wait, had she somehow actually been paying attention or something? Gross. She raised her hand, rolling her eyes lightly. "We learned about the Deathly Hallows a couple years ago, the Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone, and Invisibility Cloak, three artifacts that, if a person possessed all of, were said to make him or her the 'Master of Death.'" She was unable to keep from snorting at this, and using finger quotes to boot. No one was the 'Master of Death.' Death was a part of life, just as much as living was. Honestly, she didn't know why she'd even thought of that; she was sort of trying to avoid the topic of death, seeing as it was currently a sore spot for her, what with Kas, Echo, and Jer and all. But, then, maybe that was why she'd thought of it.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxஒ ஒ ஒ Never let him go
                                                          xxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ And I'll never be alone
                                                          xxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ Not with my coin-operated boy

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ 5th Yr Gryffindor ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ Muggle-born, Daughter of Late Officer Brian Kiss of the Kent Police ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ PrefectReserve Beater 01 ➳ Vice-Captain of the Reparifors Group Therapy ClubDueling Club Member ➳ ➳

Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand
Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Wearing: My Uniform
In: History of Magic V Class
Thinking: Review, maybe if we keep this up regularly just showing up to class
will get me a decent score on my OWLs,
since I've sort of put studying for the class on a back burner...

User Image Veronica had prioritized studying for classes for her OWLs based on how useful she saw the class before last year had even began. She still showed up to classes she deemed 'not as important' and did the minimum to get by in those classes at the very least, but she had quit giving the classes as much attention. In the case of astronomy, her sheer dislike for the class (from not being particularly fond of the professor and her cheeriness at night, to it being so late at night) had ensured remembering facts off and on was about all she managed. She actually found History of Magic more interesting, even if she wasn't dedicating nearly as much time to it as some of her other classes.

She entered the classroom and sat at a desk sipping her coffee from a thermos and looked over at Gypsy who had piped up with a fairly snarky analysis of the Deathly Hallows and the legend behind it. Sighing, Ronna took another sip of her coffee before raising a hand and offering, "Well, last year we went over various notable witches and wizards of Ancient Greece and Egypt such as Circe and Mopus, and the general wizarding populations relations with muggles. You argued that these wizards were held in high esteem, but I still stand by my opinion they were merely highly respected out of fear not held in high esteem. None of them did anything worth being held in high esteem, or at least the examples given. Turning sailors into pigs is hardly worth a medal of honor or whatever."

User ImageShe sighed rolling her eyes before returning to her coffee thermos. She half felt bad for Professor Powell considering he had to start out the day with two of highly critical answers to review, provided by her and Gypsy. Then again, at least they were accurate on the facts. And, maybe one of their classmates could spin something being less critical in general.

<>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Victor Beausoleil
Hufflepuff ** Fifth Year ** Prefect

User Image
"Let my healing melody,
ease your heart.
Let my kind voice,
ease your pain.

Victor walked into History of Magic and spotted Ronna and Gypsy, well this was fun~ Taking a seat besides Ronna he waved to Gypsy some as he began to listen to the lecture.
Yet another thing about OWLs, they were a very popular topic, hm? Then again with how important they were he guessed it was just to drill it into their heads to pass.

That was when the lecture switched to what they learned over the last four years, ah....what could he talk about? Gypsy took the Deathly Hallows, Ronna talked about Greece.....What could he talk about? He wasn't exactly the best at History of Magic, "One of ze zings we learned about was Herpo ze Foul...who was an ancient dark wizard from Greece I zink? He was a vile person whom I'd razer not run into and hatched a Basilisk and also was ze first person to create a umm...." What was that thing called again? Oh right, "A horcrux and he was one of the first parselmouths."

Victor nodded and quieted back down, "Again....I'd razer he be faded into obscurity because he doesn't seem like a good person..."

I feel un-nerved you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Herpo...what an odd name."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud fifth year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:45 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked to the classroom and over to the chalkboard. He quickly wrote on the chalkboard and then turned to the class.

Professor Powell
                                            Albus Dumbledore

"Hello again class, and welcome back. Today, we're going to discuss probably the most famous headmaster that ever served Hogwarts, as well as the rest of the wizarding world. Albus Dumbledore. Yes, I can hear some of you now wanting to dispute that claim, but that is the opinion of most people. We will try and keep an objective viewpoint however about the topic.

"Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer, was the Transfiguration Professor, and later Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Professor Dumbledore also served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He was a half-blood wizard, the son of Percival and Kendra Dumbledore, and the elder brother of Aberforth and Ariana. His father died in Azkaban when Dumbledore was young, while his mother and sister were later accidentally killed. His early losses greatly affected him early on, even at his death, but in turn made him a better person. Albus Dumbledore was considered to be the most powerful wizard of his time. He was most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicolas Flamel.

"It was through Dumbledore that resistance to the rise of Lord Voldemort was formed, as it was he who founded and led both the first and second Order of the Phoenix. Due to the fact that he had a keen mind and legendary power, Dumbledore became the only wizard that Voldemort ever feared. He was the wielder and the master of the Elder Wand from 1945 until 1997 and considered by many as the greatest Headmaster to ever grace Hogwarts. As he was about to die by a cursed ring, he planned his own death with Severus Snape. Though he was no longer alive at the time, it was through Dumbledore's machinations that Voldemort was ultimately defeated and peace restored to the wizarding world. He is the only Headmaster that was laid to rest at Hogwarts. Albus Dumbledore's portrait still remains at Hogwarts."

He looked about the class, and continued. "Yes, I do realize that that was a generalization of the man, however to cover it all would take several classes, which is actually what I planned to do. Please, should you have any questions, I would be happy to discuss them."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC: ...

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out