Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Undergoing Character Creation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Announcement on pg. 37
  ^u^ ~<3
View Results

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:46 am
Can I vote that it's the individual PC's choice to choose whether they want to roll, or take average?

I prefer to DM groups between 4~6, but not afraid to adjust for bigger groups

ninja I'll stop posting in this thread if my presence is unwanted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:43 am
iLL iNTENT
glitterboypilot
I already voted, unlike on election day... sweatdrop

To answer the reason why I voted other, in the pole
I normally DM 2 person games... and play in 6+ player games online. It was the best option for me, because... I don't care, size doesn't mean much; smaller groups tend to go faster, and larger ones tend to have bigger/harder/more rewarding battles/puzzles/etc. But ether one, can be stopped by one person not posting, in an online play by post game.

We were talking about voting for HP, do you want to roll for it, or take average?

I know, I voted for average. The bigger answer, is in regards to the pole above. She said, if voting other, please post. So, I posted my reasoning.  

glitterboypilot

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:11 am
Seph Baelzara
Can I vote that it's the individual PC's choice to choose whether they want to roll, or take average?

Too bad our group wants everything to be "fair"

:/ There seems to be a tie in the poll between 5 and 6...
I'll accept you, since you seem genuinely interested.
Even though your answer doesn't really help the situation.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 am
xX_Terei_Xx
Seph Baelzara

Too bad our group wants everything to be "fair"

:/ There seems to be a tie in the poll between 5 and 6...
I'll accept you, since you seem genuinely interested.
Even though your answer doesn't really help the situation.

I rolled 5 dice and ended up with an 8 for one of my stats. I do NOT trust the dice roller with my HP. Last time I did that, I rolled three 1s in a row for my hit dice. Everyone else can roll to their heart's content, I just REALLY want to take average for my HP.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:33 pm
iLL iNTENT
My idea was that the party is given this orb that increases their ability to impose their will on Limbo, letting them shape a larger area. Using the orb puts the wielder into a sort of trance, and forms a large area of solid ground for the party to move across. Using the orb is taxing though, so the party takes turns holding it, as they search for the way back home.

My fave.

Still waiting for EMC and Rafe to vote on HP....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:44 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
iLL iNTENT
My idea was that the party is given this orb that increases their ability to impose their will on Limbo, letting them shape a larger area. Using the orb puts the wielder into a sort of trance, and forms a large area of solid ground for the party to move across. Using the orb is taxing though, so the party takes turns holding it, as they search for the way back home.

My fave.

Still waiting for EMC and Rafe to vote on HP....
The only problem I had with that one... reading it, makes me want to create a psionic... and we already said no to 3rd party.  

glitterboypilot

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:09 am
So, how are the other party members coming along?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 am
xX_Terei_Xx
I am just waiting on the verdict on hp... Then I will be finished, other than backstory... I am still lost on what story we would be working off of  

glitterboypilot

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 am
glitterboypilot
xX_Terei_Xx
I am just waiting on the verdict on hp... Then I will be finished, other than backstory... I am still lost on what story we would be working off of

Each character has been plucked from their own homeland, so your story can be anything you would like it to be. I was also thinking that while holding the orb, the area created by that character could be a reflection of their homeland, so we could learn quite a bit about where everybody came from.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:15 pm
iLL iNTENT
glitterboypilot
xX_Terei_Xx

Each character has been plucked from their own homeland, so your story can be anything you would like it to be. I was also thinking that while holding the orb, the area created by that character could be a reflection of their homeland, so we could learn quite a bit about where everybody came from.
unless if I miss read, that was only part of the dream idea, if we are going with the limbo one, it is kind of shot...  

glitterboypilot

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:11 pm
iLL iNTENT

Aren't we all from the Material Plane, though?

It would be interesting if there were repeated elements in each character's turn at the orb. Like Inklet would probably unconsciously make his crow brethren watch you. O3O

But yeah. I need to know what to do for a background.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:40 pm
glitterboypilot
iLL iNTENT
glitterboypilot
xX_Terei_Xx

unless if I miss read, that was only part of the dream idea, if we are going with the limbo one, it is kind of shot...

I AM talking about the limbo one. What I'm saying is, that the landscape you create while in the orb-trance could be a subconsious reflection of your homeland. You're trying to make a normal, comfortable environment which the party can travel through. What would be more normal to your character than the place you grew up?

Or maybe not, it was merely a suggestion.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
iLL iNTENT

Aren't we all from the Material Plane, though?

It would be interesting if there were repeated elements in each character's turn at the orb. Like Inklet would probably unconsciously make his crow brethren watch you. O3O

But yeah. I need to know what to do for a background.

I'm only DMing first Terei, this is as much your baby as it is mine. This is a planar campaign. Your background can be whatever you want it to be.  
RafeRavel rolled 15 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 6, 5, 2, 6, 1, 3, 6, 2, 1, 6, 6, 6, 4 Total: 57 (15-90)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:55 am
Sorry I've taken so long! And I vote average HP. Last time I rolled, I got pretty badly screwed too. Not all ones, but most under half the max die value. Anywho, time to start rolling...  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
RafeRavel rolled 15 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 6, 4, 4, 2, 4, 6, 1, 3, 1, 3, 5, 5, 2 Total: 51 (15-90)

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:56 am
If I read 'em right... Next three!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff