Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Zelly and Anime - 1x1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 119 120 121 122 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:59 pm
"Do you just want to know about the businesses themselves? Or would you like a bit of a history lesson on humanity as a whole as well?" Ophelia asked as they walked along, keeping a casual yet steady pace. She knew that her kind were not well understood or cared for outside of their own private, normally walled-off communities. Kaistern was her friend, so it was only natural that she'd make the offer to explain a little bit more about humanity and exactly why they were the way they were.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:06 pm
"Hmmm...." Kaistern folded his arms and held a look of concentration as if this were a question that required much thought. "On the one hand history lessons are always so boring....but on the other hand none of my teachers would ever tell me about the humans no matter how many times I asked....Oh, why not? Gimme the history too!" he said bouncing back from his concentration with an eager smile.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:28 pm
Trying to make the story as interesting as possible, Ophelia then went on to tell the story of humanity. She told of how things supposedly were in the time shortly before Earth's fusion with the magical world. She told of how people relied on science, not magic, in day to day life. Ophelia told of marvelous technology and miraculous medecines. She spoke about wars waged between different human countries, especially World War III, which weakened the world populas enough that an invasion from the magical world could not be prevented. (Even then, most did not believe in magic. The world did not know how to properly combat it.) This eventually lead into scraps of human communities fighting to survive in a reality that was not their own, many human languages lost in favor of the ones spoken by magical folk, and of the scientific knowledge lost in the process. She even told of more minor bits, such as the reduced human lifespan (It used to be about 120 or so years, but as of now the human lifespan is roughly 60-80 years, depending on the health and habits of the human in question.) and well loved human cuisine. By the time she finished with the brief lesson she was leaning against one of the Baracks' walls, grinning from ear to ear. "We were somewhat of a violent species before being brought into this world. Due to our knowledge, we were effectively at the top of the food chain. Now, well... just look at us." A small chuckle escaped her lips. "Rather surprising, isn't it?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:57 am
"Wooooowww....I can't imagine what things would be like without magic." Kaistern said putting on his thinky face again. "But then I don't know all that technology stuff you guys had either. Is there any of it left? Because it sounds pretty neat. I also wish I could try some of your human dishes. What you described sounded really tasty." he said licking his lips at the thought.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:25 pm
"There's some technology left, but most of it was lost or destroyed. You could say that without the proper resources to keep it all working, we were set back hundreds and hundreds of years. The most technology you'd now see would probably be some sort of mechanical weapons, like the guns I carry, or a few low maintanence baubles. That doesn't mean that we won't regain some of the more useful bits in the distant future, though." Indeed, humans were always working at trying to rediscover old technology. Some settlements even figured out how to work electricity and moderatey advanced computers in this world, but Ophelia's village was not one of them. "As for the food, you'll definately get to try some later, perhaps at the Bakery or the Tavern once we get there." Ophelia then stood herself upright, no longer leaning on the building behind her. "I suppose that means I should start with the tour already."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:36 pm
Kaistern gave a giddy little clap. This was turning out to be just as much fun as a good round of murder. If the food was as good as Ophelia made it sound, he might just have to make more field trips here in the future. As the tour proceeded, he had to look through ever window, stopping once they got to the shopping districts to press his face against every window display to gaze inside with wonder.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:03 pm
Ophelia had great difficulty in suppressing any giggles or outright laughter at Kaistern's child like eagerness and joy at pretty much every building and area they came across. Passerby villagers were no doubt frightened to death at the sight of him, watching him quietly in both fear and awe as both he and Ophelia went along. Some who knew Ophelia particularly well were almost just as fearful at seeing her talk as much as she did, since she was even more reclusive than she currently was before she'd ever left the village. Still, for the moment being none said anything of it to or near them.

She and the great demon eventually finished most of the tour, with only the dreaded Tavern left. Her pace was even slower than it had been before, and not just because she was still lightly nibbeling on the slice of cheesecake she'd gotten at the Bakery. Inbetween bites of her beloved treat, she asked, "So, how are we as a whole compared to what you've heard of us? Humanity, I mean."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:15 pm
"Well what I could squeeze out of my teachers was usually how humans were all just a bunch of savages trying to mimic our society and we have no reason to associate with them in any way shape our form." Kaistern said with a rather flat expression and a mouth full of apple tart, which he'd spent some time examining before actually starting to eat. "Of course, meeting you proved them all wrong, not that it'll change their minds any time soon. Everyone in the castle still scowls every time I talk about how much fun I have with you." he said with a smile before taking another bite.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:39 pm
A big fat grin was plastered upon her lips, unable to move even if she wanted it to. Her cheeks were slightly rosied, her eyes holding quite the joyful sparkle to them. "Their thoughts and oppinions don't matter in the least, unlike yours." Such words then lead her to wonder why Kaistern simply hadn't killed them all already. He murdered pretty much everyone else that annoyed the living sod out of him, didn't he? They must have been useful for something or another to have kept on living, she was certain.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:07 pm
"Well, being king certainly helps." Kaistern said with a smile as he licked the last few crumbs from his fingers before licking his lips of the stuff. Of course, what he always failed to mention when talking about the assorted castle servants and advisors and the like was that they often were never the same ones. Since the massacre in his youth, he'd gone through several tutors and there always seemed to be an opening or two for his advisors once he was ready to take the throne. It mostly just depended on how infuriating the victim in question was.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:30 pm
"I'll bet." After that she quickly finished her slice, quick to throw the paper plate used away in the nearest trash bin. Without further ado she approached the tavern, looking a bit hesitant to enter. "This is our village's tavern. It isn't all that different from the ones you've seen in the city, except the food is quite different and those who frequent this place aren't as...refined." In other words, this was the place everyone loved to get drunk and act like an obnoxious a**. She couldn't even recall how many times she'd had to break up some full scale tavern brawl when the militia were too busy dealing with the raiding undead just outside the gates. (This was in her younger years, of course, before her mother and father would ever dare let her join the ranks of the local Zombie Hunters.) "If you wish to see what lays within yourself, be my guest. I refuse to stay if any of the drunks here get unpleasant or violent, though. I've been in enough needless tavern brawls for a lifetime."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:42 pm
((You'd think she'd be a little more hesitant to risk getting him involved in a bar fight which would probably end with the offenders getting violently torn to shreds. XD ))

Kaistern just shrugged. "If you'd really rather not, then that's fine. After seeing just about everything else here, I think I can survive without taking a peek inside."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:08 pm
{True. Still, I'm going to chalk that off to the whole 'chain of command' thingy. Kaistern is the King, and she has no official standing within his kingdom - nor her own kind since she stopped living amongst the humans. She can't do jack s**t against him, sadly.}

"I would greatly appreciate that, si- Kaistern. This sort of establishment does not show us at our best." Ophelia also didn't want Kaistern to hear what some of the local men might say of her. She wanted herself to look at least somewhat dignified in his eyes. Hearing some of the sex stories certain individuals loved spreading, whether they be true or not, would completely shatter that image she worked so hard to maintain. Not to mention how many potential friends or loved ones would be slaughtered in the case of Kaistern going berserk yet again! It was both a matter of worry for the violence that could ensue as well as the embarassment she would inevitably face, really. "If you want to drink that much, I'll be more than happy to do so with you once we've returned to the city. Just..not here."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:20 pm
"Sure, assuming I don't have much of a welcoming committee waiting for me." Kaistern said with a bit of a sheepish chuckle. Normally he only ran off out of the blue when he could smell a zombie horde had risen, so typically a great many soldiers were sent out to retrieve him in case he was still murder happy. There had been a few times in the past where lives were lost and he had to be subdued with magic. Not that he'd consider it a big deal.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:30 pm
"What'll happen if you do?" Ophelia asked, somehow getting the impression that Kaistern would simply slay the soldiers for the hell of it. Or he would find them too boring to bother with and just plain ignore them. It all depended on his mood at the time, she supposed.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 119 120 121 122 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff