Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 18. ✿ - - - Books
post what book your reading ~ Tell us what you thought of it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:32 pm
I'm re-reading War Crimes, by Christie Golden. That's the author's name, right? *Is too into reading the book to look at the cover on the Kindle*

I really like it because it seems like it's in-between the two expansions of World of Warcraft, Warlords of Draenor, and Mists of Pandaria. That must mean it has something in it that neither expansion would have, right?

Also, it's kind of creepy at times. If I shouldn't quote it, then it'll be kind of bad, because I'm going to quote it...

Sylvanas was reassured. Vereesa understood. Sylvanas was glad -she would just as soon not have to murder her own nephews. Nonetheless, she would feel easier when her sister was safely dead. Then they could be together. Forever.

I guess i should have seen that coming, though...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm
I read TFIOS(the fault in our stars)
And I didn't like it because it's not my kind of book.
So if you're someone who ADORES action like me, don't read it.
But I would say, the author, John Green, did a great job.
I laughed, i cried and he even surprised me when I least expected!  

x-iiLove_Chocolate

Distinct Fatcat

6,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200

x-iiLove_Chocolate

Distinct Fatcat

6,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:46 pm
Clasela
About to start re-reading my old copy of Memoirs of a Geisha. Probably one of the only books I enjoy reading over and over.

I read that book!! It was amazing but unfortunately, I couldn't finish it because..
I was at the airport waiting for my next flight. Suddenly, that book caught my eye, it was on a small library(it belonged to no one) and I started reading it for 4 hours straight. I really wanted to keep it but there was a handwritten message on the book, it said that the book should be passed on and on because it was a beautiful story. So, I decided to leave it there xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:11 pm
I'm currently reading The Dying Animal by Philip Roth, which I quite like as it contains a mixture of dark, sexy, as well as humorous elements. ♥  

kit vixen

Wilderness Kitten

11,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:34 pm
x-iiLove_Chocolate

I read that book!! It was amazing but unfortunately, I couldn't finish it because..
I was at the airport waiting for my next flight. Suddenly, that book caught my eye, it was on a small library(it belonged to no one) and I started reading it for 4 hours straight. I really wanted to keep it but there was a handwritten message on the book, it said that the book should be passed on and on because it was a beautiful story. So, I decided to leave it there xD

That is a really beautiful reason to pass the book on. I hope it continues for many years. ^^
But you really should buy a copy and finish it. The ending is beautifully complete and I love the characters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:52 pm
I finally finished 1984 (after months of putting it down and forgetting about it). I enjoyed it, and it really made me think!  

FenHareI

Beloved Prophet

Eclairl

Lavish Flatterer

11,825 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 pm
This is kinda awkward but I'm reading Canyons of Night by Jayne Ann Krentz...and it's a romance novel >////>  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:30 am

Game of Thrones , The Grand Tour , Blindsight , The Tipping Point ,
        and "The Underpants" ( that last one is a play . . . 'tis for work )
        I have this problem where I can't just read one book at a time ><

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

x-iiLove_Chocolate

Distinct Fatcat

6,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:40 pm
Clasela
x-iiLove_Chocolate

That is a really beautiful reason to pass the book on. I hope it continues for many years. ^^
But you really should buy a copy and finish it. The ending is beautifully complete and I love the characters.

Yes, I would definetely buy the book, I've been dying to know the end for more than 1 year LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:36 pm
I've been reading Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne on and off for a couple months. I have a hard time just sitting down and reading it, not because I find it particularly hard, but because my attention span is horrible and I can't give it the attention it deserves. I don't get a lot of time by myself and free of distraction, so it's been sitting on my shelf, waiting for one such time.

At the same time, I've also been reading Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. Saw the movie as a kid, but never picked up the book. I saw it sitting on a friend's bookshelf and decided to gloss over it. Four hours later, I was already near the end of the book. I didn't borrow it, though, so I'll have to finish up the next time I'm over.  

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Xx Bunny-kun xX

Partying Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:43 am
Currently on the 4th book in the Cirque du Freak series.

Normally I don't read series because I usually get them from my local public library and you never know if someone might beat you there and get the next book before you. cat_gonk

It's really good so far and I realllyyy recommend it emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:41 pm
The book I'm currently reading is kill Alex Cross by
is James Patterson.
I like thesr books  

miaxloveless210

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 pm
I'm reading 8th Confession by James Patterson. Best series I've ever read. Would love to find another like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:36 am
Xx Bunny-kun xX

I read those books a few years ago; before Twilight became a movie, but the books were gathering a bit of hype. I liked the way that Darren Shan characterizes his vampires to put a unique spin on them while trying to keep them true to the original Bram Stroker portrayal of the creatures.

He has another series for young adults, the Demonata series. As the series implies, it's about demons this time instead of vampires. It's also far more grisly, so if you have a weak stomach, you may not want to read it. I don't think I finished the books. I was borrowing them from a friend at the time, who was buying them as he was releasing them every six months. But, this was about eight years ago, so I really can't recall if I finished.  

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Xx Bunny-kun xX

Partying Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:03 pm
Strawberry Requiem

Ooh sounds good! Demonata was advertised in the back of Darren Shan's books, so I had planned on reading it...after I read the manga version of Darren's book. XD

But this has probably been the only time I've ever truly considered buying a book series, so you know it's good. XD  
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff