Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)
Making it as we go Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:36 am
"Of course," said Ma when Githar mentioned the park. Though that wasn't quite the area he had in mind. It was still a fine place though and more popular.

Seeing the keileon creature was actually at the top of his to see list ever since he found out about it a couple days ago, but he didn't say anything. As they exited his place, the vampire mused that there were few creatures of "myth" that reapers haven't seen and that they considered their technology so superior that there was little that could bring about a child like wonder and awe to them. He pictured several of them passing by the creature looking at it, taking their picture, and staring at it for a little while before moving on. To him they had always existed in myth and at the top of the myth creature world the Ming's top mythological creature was the kirrin and Qi made it dragon.) He pictured for him to see one would be like seeing a mermaid or unicorn to a westerner. He mused this as they walked down the street for several blocks before the street became more busy and active.

When Githar mentioned Alzamus, Ma Jianshen looked and then left to get a better look to see if it was him. He dodged and weaved expertly through the crowd, so quickly that many didn't know that he passed them. He came back to where he was within seconds of leaving, possibly before either noticed he had stepped away. He then continued his slow and laggard feeling pace and movements. It was the normal speed for humans, but to him it felt slothful.

Githar left and came back with a bloodless unappetizing smell on a stick that he called food. With the two of them focused on it, Ma's eye's began to wander. He still listened to Githar speak, but he started to become background noise to the vampire as he looked and listened to other things like the drumming of other individuals. "I thought that reaper's physique was mostly due to genetics and in part lifestyle choices," he said sounding distanced like them to himself, but still trying to participate in the small talk. In short he thought Pyro had the belly because he was a cook and thus tasted most of his own food rather than exercising.

His eye caught something..individuals acting like some dining service to blood suckers. He was still warm and sated from Githar's blood. The only thing that would have made the feeding better would be if he had killed the reaper too, but a healthy reaper, he knew, was too difficult for him to do that by draining. His mind though hadn't followed what the body wanted him to do. However the one who got off the machine would have been a much easier target for that. His eye's followed the reaper off into the crowd as he thought of ways to sneak up on him and how to follow a creature far away in a crowd that didn't have that pounding for him to focus in on.

When he was directly addressed only Ma's eye's moved towards Jacob and the rest of him still as a statue. Then his head moved with the dark eyes as he put the other things out of focus and put it back here. "I am sated on blood. Is it true about your figure? Are you able to gain weight? I thought your body was like mine, your normal state barely changing as time passes unless something happens. Or has that changed with the breaking of the part of your curse that kept your wounds always present?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:56 pm
Ma had been able to see that it hadn't been Alzamus, but rather one of the other high council member representatives of Dalos that had exited the transport.

"Well, a reaper's body is mostly determined by that, though if energy absorption is done in extreme excess at times, it seems to trigger something reminiscent of overeating in our bodies. Working off that excess energy through exertion undoes that, and in some ways triggers a different response in that we use our energies more efficiently. It's probably something that lingered back when reapers were more human-like long ago in our history."

Jacob thoughtfully chewed the small offering of meat, finding the flavor of the food to be particularly good before he swallowed it. Silently, he gripped the side of his chest, wordlessly saying nothing as he fought to ignore a curse pain for a moment and succeeded.

"Well, I suppose after that part of my curse was gone, we've noticed that bits of exercise started to finally improve me a little, while also what I've been eating had put a little more weight on me. It doesn't seem to be by too much, so I'm not sure what the limits are, but it's probably better to try to stay on the healthier side of things I suppose, even if I still have the longevity.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 pm
"It is better for you to stay on the healthy side. You're eating for three I assume? You better be healthy for that," said Ma with a serious tone and look on his face. Jacob's health could affect the health of his father he realized and it wouldn't be good for Veni to get sick. "I doubt you could easily put on much weight doing that. Does your hair grow on your head and face? ...have they been able to leave a mark on you?" His gaze moved towards Jacob's throat.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 am
Jacob nodded. "Of course, I don't plan on letting my health slip anymore like I used to in the past before I met them."

He then scratched his chin idly at the mention of him growing facial hair.

"Well, no, I haven't really been able to grow a beard or anything, and my hair seems to stay at this same length... As far as I can tell as well, no marks have been left on me either."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 pm
"Such a pity," said Ma Jianshen with a momentary small smile. His eyes gave Jacob a side glance and stared at him for several seconds as they walked on. He was enthralled by the human's tiny movements which included muscle twitches, breathing, and his pulse. He was also enchanted by the many colors on his skin which even reapers had. It was just harder for humans to see.

Ma walked for a while in silence enjoying the sights of many different people types, many of which he was used to seeing now but once upon a time never dreamed existed. The sounds were also pleasant save for the occasional loud ones that hurt his ears, but at the same time they were also satisfying to him.

After watching the people they walked past, he eventually broke his silence and continued a conversation from earlier as if it had never ended. "I think I might not only have trouble expressing love suitable for the times, but I likely wouldn't be able to express it acceptably at all. If I became that fascinated with someone to want to spend all my time with and embrace them, I'd probably gain an almost maddening desire to taste their blood too if they're living. But what if they didn't want that? How long could I stand to be with them and want them in such a way that they didn't want, but have every fiber of my being want to embrace them in a kiss?

"I suppose that if they truly loved me back that wouldn't matter eventually and they'd let me. But my kisses don't bring temporary bliss like other vampires. Actually that's not quite accurate, I think that it could but the pain it causes isn't hazed over and demands to be felt even in beings that might not have otherwise noticed so it snaps them out of it. So I would have to deal with a reasonable aversion to pain also, which I wouldn't blame them for. Creatures don't like to feel pain really. If I didn't leave them soon enough, I might force myself on them simply because I might lose control of myself.

"Yes I think a relationship like that with a lovely living creature would be more difficult for me than others. Though I don't recommend trying it for the first time out in public, but have you ever thought of using a disguise ruin to see what it is like to be a vampire? Especially you Jacob who live with them? Can they even turn you into such a creature?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:07 pm
Jacob and Githar quietly listened to Ma's thoughts, just wordlessly nodding a little here and there to show they were listening, but weren't able to come up with much to say about his situation unfortunately. Then again, he was mostly just expressing himself it seemed. When he asked them about using disguise runes to become vampires, they finally spoke again.

"Hmm..."

"Honestly, I hadn't thought of that. I'm pretty sure it might be possible, I've just only see them for utility type uses instead of recreational for myself."

"The same goes for me, although when I was younger I did experiment a little when I first got my original disguise runes. I remember the first time becoming human was disorienting for me in a variety of ways. Anyway, it would be a learning experience, that much is for certain. I wonder if Minazi's done that before."

"Definitely would give me a much better perspective and an interesting experience. Thanks for suggesting that, I'm going to have to try it now... On a related note... Githar, what *do* you look like as a human?"

Githar chuckled a little, idly noting that they arrived at the park, entering underneath it's welcoming archway sign.

"It has been a while. If I recall, somewhat caucasian, with a hint of some sort of asian ethnicity in me I think. I never had any blood or genetic work done on me to confirm what sort of background I would have had, so earthwise, I'm not sure what culture I could have come from. I also had a bit of a goatee apparently. I can't remember my eye color. It may have ended up actually being brown instead of the blue I'm used to as my natural reaper form. I'm also not quite as tall, probably stopping at around six foot tall, if not a touch shorter. Still tall for a human I recognize, but not my real height. Also, black hair, not quite as long as yours Jacob. I wonder if hair cuts would save after using a disguise rune.

And I'm familar with how you two look like as you are, I'm curious as to how you'd appear as reapers."

The park before them was actually very well kept, and particularly Githar's favorite color.. green. Lots of plant life, flowers, and the like trimmed the areas and walk ways that weren't intended for play or walking on such as spots with plain grass. Immediately, Ma noticed a type of flower that wasn't seen as much in other parts of Limbo being used here to provide light, as well as the standard light crystals... it glowed, looking familar to a tulip with varied, beautiful pastel colors on each flower... They also grew in bunches, so each batch of them resembled a rainbow of light.

There were some sheltered areas that looked like they were made for eating and resting in if it rained, which actually did every now and then in Limbo, but mildly. Weather in Limbo always seemed to be mild, and never in any extreme, at least in the civilized areas. Some had chalked this up to tampering with technology, but it was more due to a natural, strange phenomenon with the energies of the realm. Benches and little tables were present also with board games, both traditional and more "digital" versions that were built into the tables, playing like sci-fi holograms

Ine one of the patches of grass, there were two performers doing their art for the public at night, one of which was spectacular to see in the dusk hours... A "light magician", that was able to bend streams and waves of colorful light into patterns and shapes around herself in interesting and wondrous ways. Sometimes, the demonstrations involved them becoming solid. She worked in tandem with the other an aquamancer in this way, her solid beams and waves of light moving water, while his water floated and shifted about in similar ways of beauty, reflecting her light and mingling as well. They had a small, modest crowd around them watching.

There were a few signs posted that pointed to different areas of what seemed the fairly large park, such as walking paths, a playground for the younger visitors, and even a pond. A decent amount of people were currently occupying the park, and if it were one of a smaller magnitude, it would be overcrowded, but at the moment it seemed to be sparsely populated... enough to be comfortable and peaceful almost.

As they passed near a tree, Ma suddenly was faced to face with a cute, big-eyed lizard creature with paw-less limbs wrapped around a thick tree branch, it's head dangling down. It "churred" almost adorably, staring at this new visitor in curiosity. It's colors let it blend in with the tree pretty well. A tree climber, it caught Jacob slightly off guard as he hadn't been paying attention to the tree, as another tree-climber lizard, a smaller one, grasped onto his arm playfully.

"Heh... It looks like these climbers have gotten used to people being in the park."

Jacob gently put the climber back on a tree limb.

"Like.... ducks, or pigeons in some Earth parks, right?"  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:25 am
"Those still not allow a person to easily touch them," he said while running his finger long the scales of the lizard he faced. He greatly enjoyed the cool texture of reptile skin... "Actually...I use it for recreational purposes quite often. As interesting as it was, i didn't like smelling with my whole body when I fell into a puddle of yuck within the first few minutes. My usual equilibrium and balance was off. I feel so clumsy when I become human and I felt that way at first as a reaper. But I quickly got used to it. However your senses don't make me feel nearly as blind or deaf. Even though you don't have a heart or inhale I don't think I could achieve that perfect silence and stillness of a statue like I could now. And with my qi exercises, your bodies would really enhance my fighting style in wonderful and different ways if only I could get its speed and strength to match mine."

He took out a pen which was actually probably the most high tech device the vampire owned. He scrolled through some thumbnails and then enlarged a picture of the upper torso of a reaper with lines to suggest he was about 1000 years old (which I calculated to be about 50 human years) with red eyes and the doorway to Githar's shop in the background. "Sadly you weren't in that day, but Malos didn't appear to suspect even though I did nothing to hide my normal speech pattern when I speaking English and if he did, he didn't say anything." His lips slowly lifted into a smile when he spoke of Malos.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:04 pm
"Hah.. Well, go figure. I'm pretty sure Malos didn't have the vaguest of ideas, because he probably would have mentioned it to me. He might have thought you may have been a hybrid of a reaper, like Galantros is, but perhaps without as much of the ability to easily gain languages into our minds like we normally can."

Jacob scratched his head and started to muse to himself at this, what Githar had said triggering something that he needed to remember.

"That reminds me... speaking of hybrid reapers, I need to see Yelix for some more construction nano-spell potions. The live-in caves some of my demon friends inhabit could use some sprucing up, and he has just what I need..."

Something fluttered in the dark, and what it was became more clear as a flock of creatures flew over a light crystal lamp... a flock of feathery winged, almost snake like animals soared by, one of them stopping to coil itself around the lamp, and ruffle into it's feathers for a moment, before taking off again. Although not not extremely common, they were native to Limbo, (and more easily seen at the Soul Fortress). Another dove near a pond, and plucked up an unawares merper for a quick snack. It barely had time to "merp!?" before it was gulped down in a flash.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:01 am
"I was planning to try again eventually to see if you would guess. I also think I didn't want to learn how to speak English or common better so quickly. Everyone would find it odd if I suddenly did."

His gaze moved away from the tree climber to the the flying snakes. Its decent appeared slow to him as it went for the merper. It made him think a little of dragons. "What a marvelous little hunter. I could lay on the ground and watch them for hours. Do you ever really take time to appreciate your surroundings? But we didn't come here for that. We came for the entertainment didn't we? Or are we going to keep walking to our hearts content? Though I don't think Jacob's night vision would allow him to enjoy it as much as I."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:38 pm
"Good point. Our night vision is better than Jacobs, so I don't think a night walk in the park would be as enjoyable to Jacob as it would be for us. He'd mostly only see a few flowers here and there, and the glow of my eyes.

As for appreciating my surroundings... Admittedly, I haven't done that enough in the past. It's what my friends and Minazi have tried to beat into my head many times before, but I'm slowly learning. The most I used to do in the past would be to tend to my rooftop garden and practice my art.

Now whenever I go out to "merchant", I find myself actually taking breaks on those trips to find interesting locations, as well as just slowing down in general."

Jacob nodded, agreeing with Githar in a non-verbal way. It needn't be repeated that he was taking more time now to enjoy what was around him more than he used to as well. Eyeing the light and water performers, he thought that might be interesting to watch. Particularly since aquamancy was one of his minor talents.

"Why don't we take in that show over there? Maybe I could pick up a few interesting tricks, just for the fun of it."

Something splashed in the water of the pond as they made their way over to the magic performers, and Ma probably could sense it was some sort of simple mollusk creature being the quickest out of the group. Seemed like the park was teeming with both animal and plant life.

Eventually they stood before the two performers alongside the rest of the small crowd, who quietly applauded with awe and amusement at their act. The light mage sent up a small sphere of rainbow light into the air above the crowd's head that glowed gently in the night sky, where it eventually stopped a ways up and hovered there. What was apparently either her husband or significant other from the way the two acted with each other, created moisture out of the air that surrounded the sphere, and set out streamers of water in fantastical ribbons that swerved around and over the heads of the spectators. Soon, the water streamers began to fill with a rush of the same light from that rainbow sphere, making patterns of light and shadow dance about the park around them... There seemed to be something strange about the way the two combined with each other as well, not normal water or light, as they produced musical chimes of sorts as the water wavered in place with the light, the glow streaming through the moisture.

One being that had their small child on their shoulders, beings that both resembled a leech and a bat at the same time in humanoid shape, lifted his claw like hand to touch the water stream, and giggled oddly as it made a reverberating musical tone, rippling waves throughout the water and light. They had probably seen this act before, but were still fascinated by it.

The performing couple encouraged the crowd to touch the streams of combined light and water for a while.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm
Ma watched and tried to decide if the moisture was drawn out of the air or if they used magic. He carefully listened to the tunes people created. Everything together manipulated the waves to create sound and different touches created different sounds. When he reached up to try it he didn't merely slice his appendage through it as several people did. He quickly thrummed his fingers against the water and tested the sound it made. He then tried to move his fingers in and out to do the first couple lines of the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star tune, which he thought might be recognizable to at least a few there. He messed up the notes the first couple attempts, but ended up getting it. Twinkle twinkle little star, how i wonder what you are.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:43 pm
The light performer grinned at Ma, and played some more of the tune in response to his music playing, at the applause of the rest of the crowd. She and her husband (it was more apparent now, that he saw their wedding bands) seemed to be humans, at least from the outside... something about their heart rhythms seemed off though.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 am
Ma Jianshen clapped too once she finished the tune. Though now that he also realized they had multiple heartbeats it seemed, his hearing and now his sense of smell started to automatically fixate on that instead of the other things.

He leaned towards Jacob as if to whisper into his ear. Even though the other man was a good 5 inches taller than him, the sound of Ma's voice came in as if he had his mouth near the ear when he didn't really have it that close. "Do you see how beautifully those two move together and coordinate their moves? Just imagine you, my father, and sister moving together in perfect rhythm like these to defend yourselves and fight off foes. Think of how beautiful that would be if you can find ways to combine your talents as these two have and come up with unexpected and new techniques. Think of it! If Veni is able to allow your aquamancy to travel through the shadows with Rosemary's wind backing up its speed and if he was able to hide the sight of the actual casting, what a surprise attack! Or using Rosemary's practice with aim to help you aim an attack. You three are already powerful together, but you can become so much more frightening than you already are."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:40 am
“Hmm... that does sound very interesting, I have to admit. We probably should train together much more so we can do better...”

Jacob paused for a moment, but said nothing... He repeated what Ma said in his mind, “...you can become so much more frightening than you already are.” Add to the fact that he thought he'd been feeling a slight twinge of fear, though he wondered why... No, he knew why once he thought about it for even just a second. He was a necromancer for one reason, and they can do either wonderful or horrible things for any undead being depending on how benevolent or malevolent they were feeling. The vampire he made an example of some time ago that tried to backstab Veni, using the vampire's skeleton to pierce and kill him... That was exceedingly brutal, but swift. He had to admit, at the time he was possibly feeling vengeful as well.

Another reason, was that he was directly Veni's master now, something that he never thought too much about either. He usually saw himself on equal terms with Rosemary and Veni, never wanting to abuse his title as master to them, yet still willing to accept it. At any rate, since Veni was Ma's master, and Jacob was Veni's... That made him Ma's as well. And one with necrotic abilties and a spell list like his could be very frightening he supposed, though he would never ill-use it against someone who didn't truly deserve it.

Jacob said nothing else on the matter, at least not now in public. This at least further awakened him to just how much dangerous knowledge and power he had in him that needed to be wielded all that much more carefully.

The couple were finishing up their act by this point and time, beautiful swirls of light and water in little funnel shapes around the crowd, harmless but elegant, streaming out to each other in a circumference. They all reached up with a “beam” to form a dome over their heads, making a chandelier that glistened and sparkled, chiming wondrously in the night sky. Finally, from the dome, geysers of water shot up like a fancy fountain, each with individual bright lights of color illuminating it like a sort of fireworks display. Finally, they allowed the water and light to gradually dissipate.

A few crowd members were placing some money in a watery looking tip “jar”, the water causing the funds to float all around in a lava lamp like fashion. Githar tossed in a few valuable shiny coins himself, as did Jacob. Next to the jar were business cards, and Jacob picked up one of these. He thought that maybe Black or some of the other young demon children would enjoy seeing this show and they did performances for parties it seemed. It was fortunate that he had a way of contacting the performers, for they immediately thanked the crowd for their attention and vanished in a flourish of liquid and glowing light, leaving practically no trace that they were there... A type of showy teleportation spell it seemed.

“Hmm, shame. I was hoping I could discuss with them about some of the magic they used. I'll just have to contact them through their card about that.”  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:22 am
"Yes, but don't become obsessive about it either because Veni doesn't like to seriously study or practice anything for more than a couple hours at a time without breaks as I am sure you're aware. Unless you make it interesting to him. For example making it seem like a dance," he said these things even though he thought Jacob should know this. He had one eye studding Jacob's body language after his pause and apparently catching something Ma had said.

Once the show was over and having no new insights into the creatures oddities other than multiple hearts despite having his magnified senses aimed at them, he got closer to put money in the watery tip jar to see if that would help. He also looked at the coins moving up and down as if some heated and lost density and sank again once cooled.

He smiled at Jacob's comment while blinking to get rid of the light dots in his vision. He would have said something about them leaving quickly due to seeing Jacob coming with his questions, but the vampire wasn't sure if he should or if it was appropriate for him to tease Jacob. Veni teases Jacob, Rosemary teases Jacob, Ma teases Veni, but Ma wasn't familiar with Jacob.

He in part wanted Githar to leave once they were done with their travels about and had headed back so he could have some time alone with Jacob. He enjoyed Githar's company, more so now than he used to, but he has never really had an opportunity to be with just Jacob. There was usually someone else there when he'd see him or the alone time was brief. At the same time he was glad Githar was there because he wasn't used to the necromancer's company. What was Jacob like when no one else was around? Probably the same as he usually saw him.

There were other performers as well such as a magician who used no magic at all, but really dexterous hands. He would put two squishy balls into a volunteer's hand, have them close it and when they'd open them there'd be several more. Some hypnotist whose methods Ma personally thought was bogus and that the volunteers weren't really hypnotized, but following along with the crowd. He could find out possibly what this hypnotist was doing by reading this thoughts. Not like how Rosemary does, but as vampires do and sense underlying thoughts sometimes when not peering into the eyes. A group was doing a shadow puppet show with translucent colored and highly detailed puppets behind a translucent screen and a movable light source behind the puppets to make them appear to walk, dance, fight, nod and laugh.  
Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games