Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:22 pm
Monologue audition for the White Queen
by Psyzapp-d wink

User Image

Setting: White Queen's Castle…parlor
Scene: Afternoon Tea hosting guests Royalty Red

*Sitting comfortably on ornate vintage sofas (white upholstery of course) the Royal Couples White and Red face one another. Between them a solid mahogany coffee table where a polished silver serving set is placed and tea poured for each by a servant dressed in a pristine ensemble of stark white with silver embellishments.

After the customary pleasantries of light conversation, the White Queen feels it's a good time to broach the subject.* I do have a matter I need to discuss with you. I'm sure you, Queen Red, can completely understand seeing as I've noticed you have taken and interest in gardening. neutral I can't help but see those…… rather glaring roses you have your knaves paint red daily as you are out playing your daily round of croquet. In fact, I've noticed some of the roses on the North end of my grounds have suddenly turned from white to red. stare *The White Queen shifts as the King by her side in white sits up and glances at his beloved. neutral He braces himself as the White Queen sips her tea. sweatdrop * Its puzzling as you can imagine my shock to see such a … vulgar display stare … on my side of the fence amongst the pristine perfection of the white roses I'm so fond of. stare

The Red queen sips her tea.* Pft. talk2hand Your garden sucks anyway. And besides, the roses look better red. talk2hand *The White Queen grows paler and puts down her white teacup. User Image The White King closes his eyes as he begins to pray silently to himself User Image as the Red King facepalms. emotion_facepalm The White Queen's nostrils flair, her eyes intense and cold.* How DARE YOU!!! scream I demand you stop this nonsense and keep your vulgarity on YOUR SIDE where it belongs!!! talk2hand Such rudeness, so uncouth!!! You keep your staff from tainting my beautiful grounds with such …… FILTH!!!! scream evil

FILTH?!! emotion_jawdrop *Queen Red puts her coffee cup down and the King Red takes her arm.* Um……dearest, sweatdrop maybe we should… SHUT UP!!! scream *Queen Red says as she yanks her arm away and stands.* Let me tell you something you pretentious uptight snob!!! mad Ya'll can't tell me what roses to paint and what roses to not paint and just for all that, I'm fixin to paint the whole damn place.!!! talk2hand *The Red King sinks and tries to envision his happy place just as the royal therapist taught him. stressed

*The White Queen stands abruptly emotion_jawdrop as the King White rolls his eyes. rolleyes * This is an OUTRAGE!! scream You ungrateful, vulgar, red neck, jezebel!!! I will NOT STAND for this type of talk in my very own kingdom!!!! I demand you leave this instant before I really lose my temper!!!! evil

*Queen Red grabs King Red by the arm and practically drags him off the sofa, the click of her red stiletto's echoing off the white marble floors in the vast white hallway toward the huge white ornate doors. A guard dressed in white holds open the door and Queen Red stops, turns around and screams.* OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!! scream *Before yanking King Red with her.

The doors close and Queen White lets out a deafening scream that could break glass practically making King White leap out of the sofa. User Image She points to the door Queen Red has exited.* THAT HARLET DOESN'T HAVE ONE CREATIVE BONE IN HER ENTIRE BODY!!!!! scream ITS ALWAYS OFF WITH THE HEAD!!!! MY GOD!!! THERE MUST BE A THOUSAND OTHER WAYS TO DO SOMEONE IN!!!!! scream

End Scene…Takes bow. cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:28 pm
(( rofl rofl rofl Awww, you even used "fixin' to!" *is SO proud of Psy right now! User Image ))  

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

rodenrock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Frog Footman  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 pm

User Image

Tweedledee, Tweedledum, and the Jabberwocky.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:13 pm
I think I might have gotten the tweedles backwards when I labeled them in my photobucket album. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 am
User Image
The Blue Serpentine-Caterpillar

The original blue caterpillar was a creature of only 3 inches in length,
which Alice met upon her shrinking to a similar measure.
Symbolically this is an interesting character that more often than not
is believed to represent the drug culture….

How I plan to make this my own is with a few quick quirks.
Lady Leko is a part to a seraph which in word origin is synonymous with serpent,
so naturally she will be a blue snake-like-caterpillar (hey this is wonderland!).
Also Lady Leko is a demon of grand stature,
so in this case she would be quite a large snake-like-caterpillar;
for cohesiveness to the role let us say she is about 30 foot.
– But of course I am willing to adjust size if need be for the story, but only size –

To create a monologue I would legitimately need someone to feed off for the conversation,
as would be the nature of this character.
To create a dialogue to wit against my own would not do justice to how this would go.
Speaking to others, especially those of a lesser intellect than her own,
is a chore and a bother in fact it’s a down right interruption
to her personal pinning over thoughts and knowledge
while relaxing on a sunny rock ledge
partaking in her hookah.
But if she must speak, she will find a way to combat all that you present her with,
force into your responses a need to ponder or think abstractly.
Never a direct answer to come, never a complete instruction,
clarity must come through insight like deciphering the figures that dance from the smoke of the hookah.
After all, the first step into unlocking the mysteries of the mind is first discovering the answer to the simple question:

“Who are you?”

And I have a weird headache so hopefully this made some good sense, if not maybe that is better.  

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Mitri Onuris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:37 pm
User Image User Image
Tweedledee and Tweedledum

Alice is walking down a path ((I don't know where, just a path somewhere lol )) By the side of the path, she sees a set of twins, around 6 feet tall.

Oh, look, there's a girl on the path! surprised
It is! It's a girl! surprised Come play with us!

Alice looks back and forth between them as they talk. No, I don't...

Let's play tag! You're it!
No, let's play hide and seek!

That's not fair, she's new here.
Excuse me...

sad Oh. surprised I know, I've got a new toy dragon!

Have not. That's mine!
Is not! It's mine!

While the twins continue to argue, Alice gives up trying to talk to them and starts to continue on her way. The twins notice and jump in front of her on the path.

Hey! Don't go!
We don't have to play with the dragon!

My dragon.
No, it's mine.

It's mine. But let's tell her a story!
Yes! The Walrus and the Carpenter!

That's a poem, not a story.
So what? Same thing.

Is not.
Is too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:00 pm
I'll probably change the text colors to match their outfits, but for now I left it as the colors I use for Karrie and Mitri when I mod them from another account.  

Mitri Onuris

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 pm
User Image
Jabberwocky

In the story (or the latest movie, anyway sweatdrop ), the Jabberwocky represents Alice's greatest fears. By beating the Jabberwocky, she is symbolically overcoming those fears. In Geezerville, Miro has shown a great fear of dragons, especially the Jade Dragon statue that she believes will come to life, to the point that she avoids entering the restaurant whenever she can. Velcore is the dragon who spends the most time in the Jade Dragon, as well as the dragon that most commonly appears in the RP. Due to timing, Velcore and Miro have yet to meet in-character.

Though Velcore is normally sweet-natured, when he feels threatened or is hunting, he becomes quite fierce, such as when he helped defend MW against Exor. However, if Miro is willing to part with some of her cake that makes her change size, he would also be relatively easy to defeat. lol Not that giving up cake is easy for Miro.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:38 pm
I was curious, so I took the time to list the remaining lesser known Alice series characters. This is just a reference, in case anyone else wants to take on any of these other [very minor] characters that TES might consider including, or not, in his Wonderland Project. 4laugh

Remaining Characters of Alice in Wonderland:
(Per TES's wikipedia is your friend link in the first post.)

The Mouse
The Dodo
The Lory
The Eaglet
The Duck
Pat
Bill the Lizard

List of [Minor] Characters in the Alice series:
(This link is found on the page of TES's referenced link)

Alice in Wonderland:
Dinah (Alice's cat)
Alice's sister
Fish Footman
Mary Ann (White Rabbit's housemaid)
Tortoise (Mock Turtle's teacher)
The Playing Cards (Red Queen's servants/guards)
The Puppy (Bayard, in 2010 movie)

Through the Looking Glass:
Kitty and Snowdrop (Dinah's 2 kittens)
Live Flowers
Red Knight (battles with the White Knight)
Aged Man (poem character)
Lily (White Queen's daughter)
The Monstrous Crow
The White Horse (rider is White Knight, battles Red Knight)
Bread and Butterfly
Rocking Horse Fly
Snap Dragon Fly
The Gnat  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:10 am
To add to Faerie's comment, if you want to participate, but the role you want already has someone listed by it, try-out for it anyway. Best idea wins emotion_awesome

Trying out at the very least lets you participate in the vote for who gets what. I was also going to mention this much later, but minor characters that could easily be cut from the story very well will be if those who signed up for them don't submit a monologue or description of how they would play the role.

Currently there is no deadline for monologues, though. I want to allow plenty of time for people to research and formulate how they would put their own twist on things.

On a side note, the Karrie/Mitri Tweedles made me laugh rofl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm
User Image
~Draa's Version of the White Green Rabbit~
A scene from Chapter 4

*Alice spots the white rabbit from earlier and approaches*
Oh Mr. Rabbit? Mr. Rabbit?

*groans and keeps walking along, trying to ignore the girl calling after him, but she just keeps following him and referring to him as 'Mr. Rabbit'. stressed Eventually, he gets fed up with it and turns to her abruptly.*

Enough with the rabbit thing already scream How would -you- like it if I went around calling you "little miss Human"? stare

Well I.. uh... I suppose I wouldn't like that much at all sweatdrop
Of course you wouldn't stare
*looks the girl up and down rubbing his chin*
Do I know you? emotion_eyebrow

Um...
Mary Ann! That's right.
... the hell you doing out here? emotion_eyebrow

That's not my... sweatdrop
And what's with the loli outfit? emotion_eyebrow I thought we agreed you'd be doing the French maid thing from now on.
*thoroughly confused*
Whatever rolleyes , I don't have time for that right now anyway. Look, just go into the house and fetch me the gloves and fan sitting on the coffee table.
*in a girlish voice* "Oh, but Mr. Draa... you don't drink coffee~" rolleyes Can it, M. stressed That joke was old before you even told it talk2hand Now get going.
*points the girl toward the front door and gives her a firm swat on the a** before going on about his business.*

*just minutes later, he's returning to the house with his newly acquired playbunny magazine when he sees a giant arm sticking out the window*
For the love of... stressed

Do you just consume everything you come across!!? scream The hell is wrong with you!? scream

*he tries to get into the house to find something to get her back to a more useful size, only to find every door and window is blocked by some part of her ******** emotion_facepalm *pinches the bridge of his nose*
At that size, she's probably destroyed everything I have in there stare

*takes a few steps back and gets a good look at his woman-filled house, wishing that description meant something much different*
I just bought some of that stuff too stare

*sighs and starts digging in one of his vest pockets*
Might as well make the most of it....
Oi! Bill!

*calls over one of his groundskeepers and hands him a camera*
Take this, go slide down the chimney, and snap a few pictures of the chick occupying my house. I could probably use them for a gigantism fetish website or something.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:02 pm
User Image
Cheshire Cat

*after leaving the Duchess's house, Alice finds herself lost in the forest, having wandered off the path at some point. It takes her a while to realize that the path is, indeed, gone. She stops in the middle of a small clearing. She turns in a circle, but all of the trees seem to look alike, disorienting her* I'm lost! crying

*a voice is heard from the tree in front of Alice* Lost? Are you lost because you don't know where you are, or because you don't know where you're going?

*looks up in the tree and doesn't see anything there* confused Both? I know I'm in the forest...

I see. *Kits appears in the tree, standing on one of the branches, a slight breeze blowing her hair and the ribbons on her top while her skirt stays stiffly in place* Then what you have to do is find where you're going, and you won't be lost.*grins widely*

O..kay? confused

*walks along the branch toward the end, continuing even past the point where it should no longer be able to support her weight, though the branch doesn't bend at all* It's simple. You don't know where you are, but once you find where you're going, you will know where you are. Then you won't be lost.

But... I don't know where I'm going.

*disappears from the branch* Then find a place to go. *appears right behind Alice, sitting on the ground*

But how do I do that?

*grins at Alice, who is still looking in the tree branches* You could ask for help. Help may help you get un-lost.

*whips around when she hears Kits' voice behind her* eek *stares at the cat sitting in front of her* surprised Kitty! *reaches for Kits' ears, only to have her hands go right through them as Kits disappears* surprised confused

*reappears in the branches of the tree in front of Alice, frowning down at her* If you try to catch a cat who does not want to be caught, you cannot catch the cat. The cat will not be caught, so you will not have the cat.

*stands there with her hands still outstretched, staring up at Kits as she tries to figure out what she just said* confused

*abruptly grins* Even though you did not ask for help, help has come to you. To find where you are going, I will show you how to get there.

How to get there?

Yes. *steps from that branch to the next tree, causing Alice to follow to keep her in view* I will show you how to find my friend the Mad Hatter. *continues walking from one tree to the next*

Oh, but I don't want to go near anybody who's mad.

*stops, dropping down so she's hanging from the branch of the tree by her knees, looking at Alice upside-down with a large grin on her face* Oh, but don't you know? *head turns back right side up as her body fades out* We're all mad here. *head fades out, eyes and smile disappearing last, revealing a clear path through the woods behind her*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:44 pm
As amusing as I found the Tweedles, and how true-to-form the Cheshire performance was, I think you should consider rewriting both. You portrayed the parts well, but in the process lost the characters that are supposed to be portraying them. The Tweedles were only Karrie and Mitri in appearance. Their personalities were completely lost to the Tweedles. Same goes for Kits and the Cheshire Cat, but additionally, the Cheshire isn't recognizable as Kits in appearance either. I didn't say anything initially because you said you weren't sure if that one was final.

The idea isn't just to fill the role, but to fill the role as your character.... even if that means altering the personality and breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the character.

You have to strike a balance between your Geezerville character's personality and the personality of the Wonderland character so that both are recognizable rather than just one or the other.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:09 pm
I agree that the Tweedles aren't really in character for them. I was thinking about that last night after I got offline. I do really want to re-write that, now that I look back at it. With Kits, I was trying to keep it a little more in character, but I guess that didn't work that well. cat_sweatdrop

The tektek for Kits, no, that isn't the one I'll be using... I worked on it after I posted that, and when I get a chance to, I'll work on the rewrite.

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff