darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:01 pm
Rubai Sora

What I meant is that it's unforgiving for those who are new and mess up. Here, if something is wrong, people will be nice enough to point it out. There you're just shunned. I can't fit in any label brands, so I'm forced to make mine. Not to mention I have to fight my mom on the style of the outfit when we make them, so I could never wear mine in Japan and say it's Lolita. She doesn't mind the cute factor (weird since I'm 23), but because I'm overweight she doesn't want me to look even fatter (which I could care less).

Post style by PhallenPixie

Ah yes, well I can understand why they would be so closed off to any newcomers and so unforgiving of mistakes. Then again I try to see the good in everybody and everything. In my mind, I think they're like that because the Lolita fashion is almost sacred to them; they want to protect it in any way they can, and so they take any "fresh meat" as a threat and any mistakes as attacks on their way of life. I don't think I'd be able to fit into any label brands either, but I'm not fat. I jut have uncomfortably large breasts (I'm already a DD and still growing cat_sweatdrop ) and a large butt. I don't know how to make my own clothes, and I have nobody to teach me. cat_crying I'm sure I'll find a way to manage. My mom doesn't really approve of any aspect of my life, and especially not this. I'll have to wait to begin, and maybe I'll have learned how to sew by then. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:12 pm
darlindol17

Ah yes, well I can understand why they would be so closed off to any newcomers and so unforgiving of mistakes. Then again I try to see the good in everybody and everything. In my mind, I think they're like that because the Lolita fashion is almost sacred to them; they want to protect it in any way they can, and so they take any "fresh meat" as a threat and any mistakes as attacks on their way of life. I don't think I'd be able to fit into any label brands either, but I'm not fat. I jut have uncomfortably large breasts (I'm already a DD and still growing cat_sweatdrop ) and a large butt. I don't know how to make my own clothes, and I have nobody to teach me. cat_crying I'm sure I'll find a way to manage. My mom doesn't really approve of any aspect of my life, and especially not this. I'll have to wait to begin, and maybe I'll have learned how to sew by then. cat_3nodding

User Image

True, but there is a down side to it as well. If you are harsh to newcomers, the style won't spread. It also won't evolve if there isn't any fresh ideas. I've heard of people who even think only Japanese should dress in Lolita (though I think those were trolls).

There are a few brands that have been catering to Westeners also, but I can't remember any off the top of my head. I think Black Peace Now is one, maybe Baby the Stars Shine Bright also. I know that they have stores in San Francisco since I've been there. They wouldn't have a store there if they didn't have sizes for Westeners. The next convention isn't until May for me, so I won't be able to double check my information until then.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 pm
Rubai Sora

True, but there is a down side to it as well. If you are harsh to newcomers, the style won't spread. It also won't evolve if there isn't any fresh ideas. I've heard of people who even think only Japanese should dress in Lolita (though I think those were trolls).

There are a few brands that have been catering to Westeners also, but I can't remember any off the top of my head. I think Black Peace Now is one, maybe Baby the Stars Shine Bright also. I know that they have stores in San Francisco since I've been there. They wouldn't have a store there if they didn't have sizes for Westeners. The next convention isn't until May for me, so I won't be able to double check my information until then.

True, very true. I don't agree with their behavior towards newbies, I simply understand it. I'm sure those people were indeed trolls. They should be pushed off of high cliffs (only to land in Jell-O of course, because violence never solves anything ^_^)

I live in the country part Georgia, and I'm sure all of the stores would be in lager cities/states; the shipping to where I live would probably be quite expensive. cat_sweatdrop What kind of convention are you talking about? An anime convention or one just for Lolita?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm
darlindol17

True, very true. I don't agree with their behavior towards newbies, I simply understand it. I'm sure those people were indeed trolls. They should be pushed off of high cliffs (only to land in Jell-O of course, because violence never solves anything ^_^)

I live in the country part Georgia, and I'm sure all of the stores would be in lager cities/states; the shipping to where I live would probably be quite expensive. cat_sweatdrop What kind of convention are you talking about? An anime convention or one just for Lolita?

User Image

So, troll the trolls?

That's the only problem. I think BtSSB might have a store in New York also. The stores in San Francisco are kinda small, but I was in heaven when I went. I was kinda broke when I got there, so I barely had enough money to buy a headband which was still around $40. Then again, I had already spent a lot of money on the trip since it was mostly for my birthday.

The convention I go to is actually a comic book convention called Phoenix ComiCon. It has a little of everything that is nerdy, but there is a good portion that is anime/manga related. Heck, half the cosplays are characters from Japan. So, they have a panel for Lolita, a J-fashion show, and a Lolita Tea Party. (Last years wasn't the best. There was only one game and they taught us a dance. Previous years they had several games with good prizes.)

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 pm
Rubai Sora

So, troll the trolls?

That's the only problem. I think BtSSB might have a store in New York also. The stores in San Francisco are kinda small, but I was in heaven when I went. I was kinda broke when I got there, so I barely had enough money to buy a headband which was still around $40. Then again, I had already spent a lot of money on the trip since it was mostly for my birthday.

The convention I go to is actually a comic book convention called Phoenix ComiCon. It has a little of everything that is nerdy, but there is a good portion that is anime/manga related. Heck, half the cosplays are characters from Japan. So, they have a panel for Lolita, a J-fashion show, and a Lolita Tea Party. (Last years wasn't the best. There was only one game and they taught us a dance. Previous years they had several games with good prizes.)

Trololol. cat_xd Yeah, I only get $40 a month in allowance. My mom is a control freak that won't let me get a job, and won't let me sell my drawings or the jewelry that I make to earn extra money. cat_crying Oh well! I can always mooch of my friends to finally dress the way I want! For now I'll swallow my modesty and dress the way she approves (which is a lot less modest than Lolita fashion).

I've never been to a convention. I've always wanted to, but since my mom disapproves of my love for anime, manga, and Japanese culture in general, she refuses to allow it. I can't wait until the day I get to go to one a finally be myself!! A Lolita tea party! I can only imagine!! heart emotion_kirakira heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm
darlindol17

Trololol. cat_xd Yeah, I only get $40 a month in allowance. My mom is a control freak that won't let me get a job, and won't let me sell my drawings or the jewelry that I make to earn extra money. cat_crying Oh well! I can always mooch of my friends to finally dress the way I want! For now I'll swallow my modesty and dress the way she approves (which is a lot less modest than Lolita fashion).

I've never been to a convention. I've always wanted to, but since my mom disapproves of my love for anime, manga, and Japanese culture in general, she refuses to allow it. I can't wait until the day I get to go to one a finally be myself!! A Lolita tea party! I can only imagine!! heart emotion_kirakira heart

User Image

My mom was the same way to a lesser extent. Yeah, she wanted me to get a job but it was so I had experience. (Well, now it's so I have my own money) She also didn't like how I obsessed with anime and video games. She still doesn't care for it, but she's accepted that is who I am. She supports me in my fashion unless it makes me look fat. It's how I make friends also, which she is concerned about.

Oh, they are so fun. You meet new people. I actually met one of my friends at a convention before we took a class together. It kinda went Twilight Zone from there after we realize that the most recent convention wasn't the only time our paths crossed, but it was still cool.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:03 pm
Rubai Sora

My mom was the same way to a lesser extent. Yeah, she wanted me to get a job but it was so I had experience. (Well, now it's so I have my own money) She also didn't like how I obsessed with anime and video games. She still doesn't care for it, but she's accepted that is who I am. She supports me in my fashion unless it makes me look fat. It's how I make friends also, which she is concerned about.

Oh, they are so fun. You meet new people. I actually met one of my friends at a convention before we took a class together. It kinda went Twilight Zone from there after we realize that the most recent convention wasn't the only time our paths crossed, but it was still cool.

I wish she would let me get a job cat_crying I hate having to be reliant on her for everything. I don't think my mom will ever accept my Japan love. In fact, she disapproves of almost everything that makes me who I am. cat_sweatdrop

I bet they are fun! I really want to go to one and meet friends that share my interests! emotion_kirakira My friends are yet another thing that I'm doing wrong in my mom's eyes. Sorry for whining about her so much, I just feel like she's trying to dominate my life and shape me into the person that she wanted to be when she was my age. cat_sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:12 pm
darlindol17

I wish she would let me get a job cat_crying I hate having to be reliant on her for everything. I don't think my mom will ever accept my Japan love. In fact, she disapproves of almost everything that makes me who I am. cat_sweatdrop

I bet they are fun! I really want to go to one and meet friends that share my interests! emotion_kirakira My friends are yet another thing that I'm doing wrong in my mom's eyes. Sorry for whining about her so much, I just feel like she's trying to dominate my life and shape me into the person that she wanted to be when she was my age. cat_sad

User Image

Don't worry. I have a friend who's kinda in the same situation. They let her get a job, but they won't take her to get her drivers license. So, she has to depend on her family to take her to work and other places if she can't get a ride from the rest of the gang (since I'm way out of the way and I don't drive due to a phobia of driving). When they drive her, they expect her to reimburse them for the gas they used. At least they let her use her money she wants.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 pm
Rubai Sora

Don't worry. I have a friend who's kinda in the same situation. They let her get a job, but they won't take her to get her drivers license. So, she has to depend on her family to take her to work and other places if she can't get a ride from the rest of the gang (since I'm way out of the way and I don't drive due to a phobia of driving). When they drive her, they expect her to reimburse them for the gas they used. At least they let her use her money she wants.

I can't even use my allowance on what I want, much less get a driver's license or a job cat_crying I never go out on the weekends, or even during the week (except to school and school related functions, which she attends with me).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 pm
darlindol17

I can't even use my allowance on what I want, much less get a driver's license or a job cat_crying I never go out on the weekends, or even during the week (except to school and school related functions, which she attends with me).

User Image

Wow.... That is controlling..... My mom isn't that way because that's how it was like when she was growing up and she didn't want that for me.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:24 pm
Rubai Sora

Wow.... That is controlling..... My mom isn't that way because that's how it was like when she was growing up and she didn't want that for me.

You're lucky. All I know is that my babies are not going to go through what I do. That, I swear. I will not allow it! cat_scream My babies will have fun lives!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 pm
darlindol17

You're lucky. All I know is that my babies are not going to go through what I do. That, I swear. I will not allow it! cat_scream My babies will have fun lives!

User Image

Yup. That's what my mom's thinking is.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 am
Rubai Sora

Yup. That's what my mom's thinking is.

I can understand that. I won't be too lenient with them though, or they might end up being ill-behaved. I'll have to figure out a good balance of discipline and fun. cat_3nodding I have years until I need to even begin worrying about that though. cat_xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:26 am
darlindol17

I can understand that. I won't be too lenient with them though, or they might end up being ill-behaved. I'll have to figure out a good balance of discipline and fun. cat_3nodding I have years until I need to even begin worrying about that though. cat_xd

User Image

Sounds like a plan~

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 pm
the dresses are cool or cute, sometimes amazing, but i wouldn't be able to wear any of them except maybe once to like, a convention or party because i just like jeans too much...yet about half of the items i own on here fall into that category apparently cat_neutral  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff