Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[CLASS] A Wild Class Appeared! - Page 6! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:09 pm
The World of Halloween...

Serafina had been fairly attentive to everyone else beforehand, but the fact that there was writing on the board finally got her full attention, eyes rolling over to the board in front of her and watching as the words "field trip" and "storytime" appeared on the board. Along with Elk. Why exactly was a --

Gah!

The poor ghost lost some of her color in a rather literal sense, visibility fading a tad as she floated in the air above her chair. She definitely did not expect to have the professor so close to her and his hands were so loud when they clapped together, and were those ... muscles she saw in those hands? That was rather odd. He was pale like a ghost, but she could only recall seeing body parts that clearly on an undead...

She squinted up at him, briefly, obviously calming as she settled back into her chair.

Besides, the professor chose her seat. That had to be a good thing, right?

When she felt her ghostly heart pumping again, Serafina pondered actually asking a question about him. What was he? The curiosity nagged at her much like nails scratching at a chalkboard annoyed, and she leaned in a bit closer, almost trying to interpret whatever he was by herself. But would asking be rude? This class was about the world of Halloween, not about whatever exactly he was supposed to be. Then again, he was part of the world of Halloween, right? What was he supposed to be, though, and for that matter, how had he traveled so much? That was an awfully large map, and from his words, his experiences were a wealth of things she could only scratch the surface of.

... Fascinating.

Sharing a dream with a partner? That sounded rather romantic. Serafina let out a soft, happy sigh, before shaking her head. No. Pay attention. Painting mountains, though. City streets paved in gold. That must have been the land of the rich and famous. She wanted to be one of those. How could she get there? Maybe someone would point that location out on the map... That was a place deserved of someone like her, and she would get all the attention she ever had wanted, rising to the top...

He was asking if there was any questions, now. Should she ask? She wanted to ask. She shook a bit and fidgeted as she pondered. What was he? Or maybe she should ask after that city of gold, or something. Yes, that sounded interesting, she liked that. She wanted to know what he was, though. Would that be rude to ask? Fingers tapped against her desktop as she vaguely noted there was still a bit of ceiling dust on it ... probably from the man just dropping in on them.

He did say he would happily answer without fear, right?

"Professor Elk?" Serafina sounded a bit shier than her typical, perhaps because she was speaking to someone clearly knowledged. "Forgive me for asking, but what are you?"

Oh, that sounded so terribly rude... What, not who, why did she say that? She bowed her head a bit. "Ah, sorry. You said there was a city paved with gold, as well?" Distract from her obvious nosiness maybe...

demon_pachabel
I apologize for Serafina's incredibly nosy questions. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:16 pm
The young lady whom had been sitting at the desk that had temporarily become his pedestal pipped up with the question that naturally seemed as though he probably should have introduced himself as what he was. However, he didn't seem offended by the inquiry into what he was at all.

"I am an adventurer-slash-explorer." he answered, another one of his grins on his voice, offering the young lady a perhaps over-the-top bow of sorts, before chuckling. "I am a pricolici." he answered further, straightening up.

Her apology was met with a raised palm and a casual shrug of his shoulders. "Don't be offended. I can't say I've met one of my own kind either, so I hardly expect to be recognizable." Oh if he only knew. "But yes. I have seen a city quite literally paved with gold. So much so that the splendor to an outsider such as myself was seen as being quite odd, actually."

Seiana_ZI

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:38 pm
A pricolici...

Serafina had never had experience with one herself until now, and so seemed as fascinated as ever, storing the information she was given in a corner of her head for use later. So he was what a pricolici was. That certainly explained why she couldn't decipher what he was, though that was utterly fascinating. She'd have to inquire more about that later. Perhaps she should hit up the library? Another student, though, might be a better idea. Hm...

"Okay," said Serafina, as she bowed her head again, hiding a small giggle at his own over-the-top bow. An adventurer pricolici. That's what he was. "That sounds ... beautiful, though. Streets lined with riches... Blinding, quite possibly, if the sun is up all the time, though. I'd like to see it, either way."

But this wasn't time to wax theoreticals was it?

The ghoul leaned back a bit in her seat, deciding to quiet herself for now, curious to see what else would come up.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm
Unfortunately there wasn't much in books about it. In fact, there was a student at the school who had been trying to look up that particular topic for a long time.

"Well. We can see about taking a little adventure out that far." he mused, light smile in his words. "The only harm would be trying to take anything. But a look, a small chat. Take in the view in the morning...though in the evening with the golds and reds from the sun reflecting in it is much nicer."

Seiana_ZI

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 pm
"Seems like we have something in common." He quipped not chalantly as he listened in to the small conversation between the other student and the teacher, green pupils dancing over the Elk and Seraphina, eyebrows raising a little. "I like to believe I'm one of a kind. Don't even really know my parents, or if they were anything special." He finished with, slinking back in to the chair, looking over the map. It was . . . close enough.

He knew some places, but didn't want to put his two cents in quite yet, scratching his goatee absently as he listened to the conversation. "Streets lined with gold, hmm? Could survive of one boulevard if you could get away with it. How comforting." He offered. Jack's mind didn't work in how rare or common it was - just how long he could survive off the spoils. A survivalist through and through.

Seiana_ZI

[quote="demon_pachabel]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 pm
Elk looked to Jack when he piped up, head tilting with amusement. "You think so? I'd say you may need a little bit more than a boulevard if you wanted to live long. Thieves curses and what not."

Tomoko looked at Jack before roughly pulling her brush through another snarl. Clearly that was for pondering stealing something that wasn't his.

Nerpin

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 am
Now sitting down once the excitement had died down, Etzer tapped the side of his lips thoughtfully as that familiar tug of a smile twitched at one corner of his lips.

Islands that were filled with cats? This sounded familiar.

Cities paved in gold? Again, familiar...

Lands ruled by dead lords? Wait a minute...

After listening to the other descriptions, Etzer raised a hand as a smile spread on his face. "Professor Elk." The frost demon's fingers pressed together as his head leered over them, eyes fixed on the pricolici. "How am I - how are we, expected to believe you? Everything you've stated I've read in my current collection of fiction books." It was true that he had a few books that stretched those ideas far beyond the believable, but he hadn't even thought that there was some kind of truth to them.

Of course, there was also the idea of those visiting those places and stretching the tales to make a far funnier story than it had been in the first place, but Etzer wanted to see what the Professor said for himself.

The Gancanagh's hands splayed out on the desk as the fey stared at the map, realization dawning upon him. It seemed that the Professor didn't have hardly any information on the faerie lands, which didn't make that much sense to him. Wasn't it a fey's business to be involved with everyone else's business? He took a moment to caress his chin and gather his thoughts.

Marosa was about to raise his hand before another boil spoke up before he could, his eyes turning to the frost demon's. Just what kind of theory was that? In books there had to be some truth, but to call a Professor's bluff in the middle of the class?

The fey was unable to do anything else but stare in a shocked manner, jaw almost dropping open.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 am
Etzer's talk of his fiction books caused the room to suddenly shake with Elekereth's laughter as he moved to one of his boxes, sorting through it as if looking for something, producing several strange items out as he did so - foreign looking weapons, carefully crafted dolls, items that looked like they should have been used in hexing, a few more masks (though these wouldn't have fit him), carefully wrapped porcelain figures of animals - he clearly was a man of souvenirs, but there was a certain look of sighing pride as he produced a rather well loved leather bound book, turning and carefully approaching the ice demon's desk and setting it on top of it.

"Feel free to take a look through this, if it gives you fancy."

Inside of the book was a healthy collection of cut-up maps, places circled, notes written down on them - where, when, how long - followed by pages and pages of Polaroid pictures. Scenery, people, sometimes Elk himself was in a lop-sided one where he'd obviously asked someone else to take a picture - albeit his masks were a little bit different in these ones.

"I've spoken to quite a few writers in my life about the places I've been. Nor should anybody who comes to my classroom or my office expect they won't ever see at least one of these places either."

Kanth

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:28 pm
While the class had still been filling up, Shun paid little attention to what the others were doing and kept to himself while he was in the back. It wasn't until the professor had actually started class that he looked up to see what was going on. And it wasn't until that he began to speak that he had an idea of what this class was about.

Staring at the map quietly, his gaze fell upon a few areas that he was more familiar with. Of course there was a lot more territory that he hadn't been to before.

The locations the professor mentioned were intriguing in the least.

Watching him move about, he saw some strange objects being taken out of one of the boxes. He certainly didn't have any shortage of random odds and ends.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm
"Pricolici..." Roch said, looking at the professor curiously. "Where have I heard that before...?" he said, frowning as he tried to remember. Maybe he hadn't, he thought, but he was pretty sure he had at least once!

Shame he was pulling a blank.

"I have never heard such wonders," Terra said, intrigued. "I spent all of my life in the village--it is a very small village, too..." She suddenly felt like she'd been missing out on a lot of life.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:14 pm
Amarus had remained fairly quiet through most of the introduction, admittedly slightly perturbed by the bloody-blobby mass, as she had little to contribute. She did not read much, she had no memories of her time before emerging in the Haunted House, and she hadn't been out terribly much to any place that still existed.

Maybe she had some information swimming around in her, some things she'd heard, information gleaned while sneaking around in parts of Conquest and her own school library that she really ought not've been to, but until they occurred to her she was going to remain as low-key as possible. Or that was the plan, until she heard the unfamiliar student talking about her 'village.'

"At least you remember being in your village, and you're not dead," she suggested. "That I can tell, anyway," she mumbled and rested her head in the palm of her hand, elbow on the desk. She was clearly going to start nodding off, soon, if she didn't find something interesting to focus on.

It was pretty interesting, really, the notion of places outside of this one. But apparently Amarus was in a cranky mood, and would acknowledge no such thing readily.

Ice Queen
"I have never heard such wonders," Terra said, intrigued. "I spent all of my life in the village--it is a very small village, too..." She suddenly felt like she'd been missing out on a lot of life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:32 pm
"Now, now, now. There is no need to get upset with someone for having a home when you did not." Elekereth said calmly, his ears (albeit lacking the wolfishness of the other resident pricolici) picking up easily on the aggression in Amarus' tone. "I personally lack a permanent residence of any kind, nor did I have any sort of 'home' stability while I was in school. That is why I became what I am - a seeker of places and cultures. What started out as a quest for belonging turned into a passion in and of itself." And the rapidly motioning hands returned.

"If you feel like you've lacked adventure, don't hesitate to ask me - I'll happily take you on one if you need a little spice in your life." He was grinning underneath that mask of his. That much was obvious. "However, before I whisk anybody away anywhere, there are a few...pesky matters of formality to get out of the way." He did a small wiggle with his hand and bobbed his head from side to side as he moved to pick up two stacks of papers from his desk, beginning to walk around the desks and leaving each sheet on the desks with actual students at them, explaining as he went.

"This sheet-" he held up a half-page that was colored a seafoam green color, "is a permission slip. In two weeks I will be doing my first field trip. If you are interested in going along with me on this adventure, you will need to sign this at the bottom. Amityville believes students here are old enough to take their own safety into consideration, and thus we do not require your parent's signature. That and many students don't have parents, so that would just create an entirely new fuss. Better to go without. If you have a friend who would like to come along after the fact and was not in attendance for this session, I will have extras in my office. They can come get one and leave it with me."

Blah blah blah, formalities, blah.

He held up the next sheet, which was another half sheet, but this one was more of a coral color. "This, details information on how to get extra credit in my class by sharing stories, and also by being engaged enough with your classmates to ask questions. Really it's a matter of 'Talk to me in my office to arrange a presentation, be respectful of your fellow students'." Straight forward.

With that done, he set both papers on his desk again, before picking the coral sheet up again.

"This sheet also features directions to my office for such an event, or if you ever want to come talk to me in private. My door is open at any hour - even at ones where I should be sleeping but don't."

With that done, he returned to the map, picking a marker up off of his desk and dotting the map he'd taped up carefully... right on top of Halloween Town.

"Now. With that out of the way, I'd like everybody to come up here and dot where they're from on here. Doesn't have to be exact. Just a general ballpark." he set the marker down on his desk again, taking a minute to sort through his box again and setting out several more.

However, some of them were red instead of black. "Then I want you to take a red marker and just.." he turned to the map and gestured with a hand. "Pick a spot. Any spot. Dot there too. In case you're wondering, yes. I will pick the field trip based on where the dots cluster."

So Basically Just...

Here's the map again.

Black dot where your student is from (VERY BROADLY, JUST IN CASE CLASS STUFF REQUIRES SOME SHIFTING AROUND) (if they're from Halloween Town, don't worry about dotting 'home').

Red dot for an area you think might have something interesting to show off.

New people are still welcome to walk in and participate at this point.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:52 pm
The evening...

"Could we really? I'd love to go there," blurted Serafina, again, looking absolutely fascinated with the idea. She was someone rather attracted to beauty--a vain creature herself, she loved seeing beauty elsewhere, too, and she loved being surrounded by beauty. Jack's method of living off the riches seemed like a waste of the riches to her. Why use up the riches when one could bask in the beauty of them, enjoy the great wealth it gave, and enjoy the fame that would no doubt come from living in such a beautiful area? She threw a quirked brow in the direction of the boil next to her, before looking back to Elk.

He seemed to agree. A grin twitched against her ear under the mask she wore.

Etzer's words caught her attention, though, and the brightness from her eyes fell as she listened to the demon--as typical of a demon, of course--attempt to spoil the fun. Of course they sounded like books. Books contained all kinds of fantastical things. She knew that just from skimming them. Admittedly, it was nice that this place had a bigger library than her old school, even if her preferred method of information gathering was just to ask. Books had a way of sparking the imagination even if they weren't totally from the imagination.

"Most authors write from experience," pointed out Serafina, tilting her head at him. "It's perfectly possible that they did, too. Might be why the images were so vivid..."

She wondered how human writers wrote. Did they?

... Did it matter? She hated humans.

Her eyes were on the sheets he handed out, delight in her eyes. They were going to travel somewhere! Maybe they'd go to the golden city. Without even listening to the rest of what he was saying about the whole trip thing, she took out her pen and went about signing the form. The pen was tucked away rather possessively, shoved back into her jacket pocket, before her eyes went back up to the map.

Red dots represented where they were going to go? Oh, she'd have to pick somewhere good...

Serafina glanced around the room to see if anyone would get up, before getting up herself, wandering over to the map. As she walked, she plucked up a black and red marker, stopping in front of the map. Her home was easy enough. Riiight... there. Only a bit outside of Halloween Town, and she had left the area fairly quickly once she entered her first academy, but it was what it was. The challenge was figuring out where exactly to mark the red one.

So many islands. The last time she was to an island, she loved it. ... It also blew up, but that wasn't the point. Serafina frowned lightly. Perhaps it would be good to have an island trip unimpeded by idiotic humans? Glancing over the islands, she popped a dot on an island off the coast of the Eastern Continent.

There. That'd work.

Serafina wandered back to her desk, almost "forgetting" to put the markers back. Still, despite hesitance, they were set down on the table, and she was back in her seat.

Updated Map

demon_pachabel
Nerpin
Kanth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 pm
Slowly sliding back into his desk, Aedan eyed the map that Elk had presented with no small amount of curiosity, listening to the interactions between the rather-odd instructor (to be fair, he had yet to meet a professor or teacher around here who wasn't odd) and the other students as he looked at the unmarked areas. There were...a lot of places left unmarked...and a few that he recognized, from his own (admittedly limited) travails.

Listening intently, he smiled, slightly. Field trips? This was sounding better and better all the time!

Getting back out of his seat, he made his way up to the front, picking up one of each color of marker and adding first his black dot to the map, shrugging...he was close enough, even if it wasn't exact. He thought for a moment, before marking his red dot on the map. Setting both markers down, he started to step back to his desk, then hesitated for a moment.

"How will we be getting to...wherever destination you end up choosing for this first field trip?" Not that he minded--it'd be time away from school, regardless...while still getting credit.

Updated Map

demon_pachabel

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:43 am
Lumikki's ears twitched as she watched the professor. He was interesting to say the least. But he wanted to know about home...actually she really missed home...

As she saw the map be placed on the board she smiled instantly she knew where home was right away. But blinked a few times. There was actually a HUGE world that she never knew of.

Her tails twitching slightly as she waited her turn she finally grabbed a black marker and dotted the little island she was from and then placed a random red dot. Turning she walked back to her seat and listened to the other questions. Finally raising her hand she asked,

"Is it still possible to visit villages that might be sheilded?"

She had wondered because she knew that hers was such a village, that feeling of not wanting to come any closer overwhelmed those that didn't live there when they got to close to her village but she hadn't actually thought that it was a problem until the professor made comment about visiting places.

Updated Map

demon_pachabel

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas