Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:32 am
I Love Bad Puns
Quote:

This is off topic but would you please tell me from what anime is your signature?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:00 am
I'm for it.

Since High School, I've been doing a lot of research into the economic and legal pros and cons of the topic and found that the benefits far outweighed the repercussions. If gay marriage were allowed, the homosexual couples would have to pay taxes as a couple, which would help the economy greatly. It would also make it much easier for them to adopt, which would help with the problem with orphaned children as well. It doesn't take a gay couple to defile the sanctity of marriage; how many heterosexual couples get married because the man got the woman pregnant, or they want to take advantage of the legal benefits that being married gives?

In the United States, we're supposed to be in a judicial system that believes in the separation of Church and State, so from a legal standpoint, religion has no leg to stand on in the argument. And, if religion were to be brought up, one could easily argue that according to the bible, eating pork products is sinful.

However, while I may support gay marriage, I'm not going to push my beliefs onto others and will accept someone else's beliefs, permitting they don't try to push theirs onto me.  

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:42 pm
I've been researching a lot of Marriage recently.

Marriage isn't for Love, because you Love someone, something doesn't give you a right to marry it. I love my (insert animal) That must mean I should be allowed to marry it. I love my daughter lets get married. I love the Eiffel tower.... it goes on. So what is marriage?

Marriage is an institution designed to allow the best environment for the raising of children, among a few other legalities that seem to be granted. (This is not just Catholicism be fruitful and multiply, it's also the stance of marriage within state) Large scale studies show that children raised in families of same-sex parents have lower graduation rates then those in heterosexual relationships.

Smaller scale studies show no differences but they may not have a large enough sample size to gather accurate data. More research has to be done to gather this data. But the best environment for raising children will be deterministic of whom should be allowed to marry.

Reading about Catholicism and their views on marriage, they don't just say no to gay marriage.

You have to get permission to marry a non-christian and your marriage won't be recognized as a sacrament like they do for catholic-christian marriages. If you don't get permission your marriage is not recognized by the Church. So their stance makes sense because sex is meant for producing children, and marriage is meant to preserve families, which they believe is the balance of man and women.

Though Reading further, I'm finding lesbian couples and heterosexual couples are about equal. same-sex male relationships with children are not so well off or needing more research. Is it equality to say women can marry each other because they produce a good environment for children but men aren't allowed to because they are mostly unable to provide a good environment?

For state if they share the same value, using scientific study they should conclude similar results. If they don't then legalize gay marriage, and if they don't well let everyone marry whatever they want cause it doesn't seem to matter as long as you love.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:07 pm
Interesting article: http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/not-all-children-raised-by-gay-parents-support-gay-marriage-i-should-know-i/  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

x-TeaseMe

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:44 pm
For.
I'm a bisexual female. And if I wanted to get married to a girl in a few years, why should someone stop me, just because "The bible condemns it wrong"?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:43 pm
I'm for it. I don't see how anyone can reason being against it unless they bring their religion into play.  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

liz 163

Divine Bibliophile

11,725 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:56 pm
For

I'm a Methodist, so it is against my religion, but I personally don't have anything against it. It's not our job to judge people, especially seeing as none of us down here is any better than anyone else here. Leave the judgement to the big guy, and let people make their own decisions.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:09 am
For!
I don't understand what's the big problem. Personally, I see nothign wrong with the LGBT community but,

People shouldn't push their religious beliefs on others, or at least in politics.
If people around the world practice multiple religions, and the united states is "freedom of religion" then why the heck can't it be at least, legal?

You don't have like it, just not punish people for loving one another. Plus legally, marriage just let's them share their finances/property/marriage names/etc  

Etrikia

Shy Dabbler

23,175 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Married 100
  • Olympian 200
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers