Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Art I~ Open- Intro 2061-'62 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fouʀth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅳ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅳ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina arrived for her Art class shortly after getting out of her Arithmancy class, and took the seat she normally sat in for her Art-II class. For her this was a welcome break between the heavy math class and her Wandless magic class, an excuse to let her creative side loose if only for a short while. She was kinda hoping Sybil Vance could sit with her, so maybe they could strike up a conversation while they worked.

After taking notes on the subject of proportion, and given leave to start working, Selina gridded out a sheet of paper, and started to do a sketch of Tanna as she walked around the classroom.

stitchkin babe

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:59 pm
                          User Image
                          Graydon Ironshield

【 LOCATION 】 art room x 【 MOOD 】 focused x 【 COMPANY 】 third years, selina x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny? (uniform)

Sybil walked into Art and took a quick seat, across from who she believed was Selina - well, she knew, as the girl was a fourth year and in a third year class. It wasn't difficult to catch her, as she knew all of her year mates in the class. She didn't really take notes, and waited until they were able to start working to really pick up a pencil. Sybil sketched out simple shapes, then shaded them according to whatever light source she wished them to have. Then she started to get more complicated with actual objects. Eventually, Sybil began working on the actual assignment - drawing her face. She sketched out a head and drew a quick grid before beginning to work. She didn't really like to draw her face, but it was something... It wasn't like she could just skip out on it, Professor Hawthorne quite obviously knew what she looked like.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:16 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text.

Setting the sketch of her teacher aside, at least for a time, Selina paused to get a mirror off of the desk, before starting on the assignment of drawing her own head. "So what do you think of the class, so far?" she asked of Sybil, as she gridded out a space on a fresh sheet of paper. "I like it, how about you?"

stitchkin babe

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:54 pm
                          User Image
                          Graydon Ironshield

【 LOCATION 】 art room x 【 MOOD 】 focused x 【 COMPANY 】 third years, selina x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny? (uniform)

Sybil rolled her pencil around in her hand for a little bit, thinking. She didn't like how this was turning out. Then again, she wasn't too excited about this assignment in the first place, she was bound to hate it. She blinked, hearing a soft voice come from the girl across from her. It took her a moment to look up at Selina, and another to process what she'd said. "I like it. It's art. I may not like some of the things we're to draw, but..." Sybil paused a moment, forgetting what she was going to say, or maybe trying to avoid saying something, and then glanced up to Selina. She blinked a few times before asking "So, why're you in a third year class? Nothing against you. Simply curious."

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:47 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text.

Giving the image of herself in the mirror a thoughtful glance, before starting to rough in the basic shapes for her sketch, Selina smiled, and said, "No worries, and no big mystery. I'm taking this class, because I wanted to take the Fourth Year class with my boyfriend, so I have to take them concurrently, and so I can take the OWL next year, when I supposed to. I figured since I'm not taking the Advanced Flying Class now, I wanted a fun class in between Wizard Law and Wandless."

stitchkin babe

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:43 am
                          User Image
                          Graydon Ironshield

Sybil blinked a few times, pausing her work, before going back to it and letting out a small "Mhm..." noise. She didn't understand taking classes for someone else, after all there was time after classes to hang out with people or do whatever couples did. However, having a fun class between Wizard Law and Wandless was probably a good idea. Sybil almost took Wizard Law, but decided against it when she realised it was probably going to a lot of book reading and boring discussion in class. She could learn about all that on her own time if she really wanted to. Then again, it wasn't like some of her other classes weren't like that... "Fair enough..." She murmured, nodding slowly. At this point, Sybil felt obligated to say something, to continue their conversation, but really couldn't find a subject to grasp at... She paused once more, thinking, before asking "So you're taking wandless magic too?" - of course that was obvious, she did just say that - "Is there something weird about that professor? I mean, I recall my sister saying something about her, but she never really explained much..." This was something Sybil had been wondering about since her first lesson. Maybe Selina would know? After all, she'd been with the teacher at least a year longer than Sybil had.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:44 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text.

As she continued to work on her illustration, Selina nodded in agreement to Sybil's question. "I am. Wandless is a good skill set to have. You never know when you might find yourself in the position where you might need to cast spells and not be able to use your wand. It's also good mental exercise, particularly if you want to build up your force of will."

"I don't know if I'd use the term 'weird' to describe Professor Denier," Selina added thoughtfully. "She is an unsettling sort, I'll give you that. She has a unique presence which I'm not sure how to describe, nor can I say if it is part and parcel of whom she is, or simply a persona she utilizes to put her students on edge."

stitchkin babe

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:52 pm
                          User Image
                          Graydon Ironshield

Sybil nodded. "I suppose I should've said she's...strange. I don't know what it is about her, but..." Sybil stopped herself, blinked a few times, shook her head and looked down at her drawing. She continued her work, sketching out her eyes, tilting her head, then continuing on. "I just suppose I don't like her. Does she get any better in time?" She asked, blinking a few times, thinking about what to work on next. Eventually, Sybil began sketching the lips, not really wanting to work on the eyes too much. They never looked right.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:33 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina was working on the hardest bit of her drawing, specifically her eyes, especially considering how direct they tended to view things. That, and the eyes were the windows of the soul, in more ways than the simply poetic. "To each their own, I suppose," Selina said philosophically. "The only thing she does I really don't appreciate is when she forcibly confiscates all the wands in the room. Doing it the first time was useful for the shock value, but she does it every class, and I personally find it a bit intrusive. Usually I just hand her mind at the start of class just to avoid the indignity."

stitchkin babe

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:13 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Two

Class List:
Rhys Hamilton-Blake
Emma Bailey
Siobhan Hannah Grey

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Third Years. She had been a tad shocked at the small numbers of students she had gotten last year. Small numbers meaning one, but she was thoroughly impressed with that one and hoped to see more like it with this new upcoming set. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art I, my name is Professor Hawthorne and I will be instructing you this year. To start the class I'd like you to introduce yourself, which House you're in, and why you chose Art. I'll get things started off! My name is Naitanna Hawthorne, I didn't attend Hogwarts but I was told I would have made a great Ravenclaw, and I'm in Art because I love the multiple ways I can express myself. Now one of you."

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

Graydon Ironshield

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Starting fresh!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:57 am
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

Hannah had been looking forward to taking an art class since she started at Hogwarts, and she liked what she heard from her cousin about the art class offered. She knew Linny loved Professor Hawthorne and her class (she also adored Professor Hill, so she hoped that wasn't an indicator), enough so to take two years of it simultaneously so she could take her OWL for it this year. Arriving for her class, Hannah was rewarded with seeing a warm and inviting place, and she located a place to sit and wait for the class to start.

When the professor began introductions, Hannah raised her hand and said breathlessly, "I'm Hannah, Grey, from Hufflepuff House, professor. I chose Art because I love to draw and paint, I also make my own clothes and costumes ... well, when I have time to."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:31 pm
User Image
                                                  I woke up, it was 7
                                                  I waited 'til 11
                                                  Just to figure out that no one would call.
                                                  I think I've got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them
                                                  What's another night all alone?
                                                  When you're spending everyday on your own.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys walked into class, aware he was going to be walking into a lot of classes over the course of the week. Thankfully, he had already reviewed all of the information for the course material from Kenny's notes. They should help him, and he wouldn't be stuck scrambling around. As it was, he sat down and got his materials out, frowning when he heard a request for introductions. Wait, introductions? He blinked, feeling very much exposed as he always seemed to be when it came to speaking out loud. He fidgeted in his seat, then stood and signed something really fast before he sat down heavily. Maybe he could be ignored and left alone? He was already aware that he probably didn't have the most stellar reputation since his antics last year. He'd have to actually make up for a lot of that over the course of the school year.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Oh, Merlin, introductions...
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And maybe when the night is dead,
                                                  I'll crawl into my bed
                                                  I'm staring at these 4 walls again.
                                                  I'll try to think about the last time
                                                  I had a good time
                                                  Everyone's got somewhere to go
                                                  And they're gonna leave me here on my own.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:52 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Emma was happy to have a nice relaxing art class this year. She's already had two of her electives which she found interesting so far. Muggle studies being completely easy and she figured she'd ace the OWL when it came down the pipe. Walking into her Tuesday afternoon class, Emma smiled. Art was a comfort to her. She couldn't play a musical instrument but she could draw decently enough. Her mother always said she had an artistic talent. Granted Emma was certain that was a biased opinion and she was just saying that to make her happy.

Like all her electives thus far they were instructed to give introductions. Taking her seat when class got started, Emma couldn't wait till it was her turn. Hannah went, Rhys remained quiet, that gave Emma the chance to raise her hand. "My name's Emma Bailey. I'm in Hufflepuff and took art because it's comforting. You can spend hours just drawing away be it something real or completely made up." She said with a smile. Honestly Emma couldn't be happier that Hogwarts had an art class.

With: Professor Hawthorne, Hannah, Rhys

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                              A loyal friend like you?
                                              I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                              Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:07 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Two

Class List:
Rhys Hamilton-Blake
Emma Bailey
Siobhan Hannah Grey

Tanna was over the moon at how many students were in her introductory Art class. She made sure to smile at each person as they walked, on time or a bit late. The young teacher walked over to the chalk board and began writing in her curly script: Lighting and Frame in your artwork "There are a number of ways that light affects or interacts with artwork, from how a piece is lit, to deliberately incorporating the interaction of light within the work. Lighting of artwork is crucial to supporting the meaning of the artwork. Strong lighting creates strong highlights and shadows, which enhances the physical form of the object. Strong lighting is often used with classical Greek and Roman sculptures of the human body. The lighting reveals the contours of the figure and emphasizes its physicality. Diffuse lighting, which means the light on the object is more spread out, minimizing shadows and contrasts and making the object appear flatter, minimizes the physicality and contours of the body, and accents its stiff pose. Light in other works of art could be for dramatic contrast, to enhance the beauty of what or whom ever you draw or paint, or to create a two dimensional look to your artwork.
Now, that's just the lighting you create, natural light such as from candles, light bulbs or sunlight can also enhance the beauty of your art. Reflections are like magic in some ways. They transform a space in dramatic ways and make it appear infinitely larger, depending on the placement of reflective surfaces such as mirrors. Water can also be used to make reflections to create a sense of peace, calm, and serenity. Water has a naturally soothing effect on people, and the depth of a reflection within a pool creates an opportunity for contemplation.
Framing for all intent and purposes is not just the frame holding in the picture, it is also the main focal point of your art. Without a frame your art could seem endless with one no mater how big or small it is constrained but in a way that you created.

Tanna paused after her short speech and looked to see if anyone was confused before going back over to the board and writing, Proportions .
"Proportion refers to the relative size of parts of a whole (elements within an object). We often think of proportions in terms of size relationships within the human body.Michelangelo's sculpture David represents the Renaissance emphasis on the ideal, based on the ancient Greek model of the ideal: rationality reflected in the portrayal of perfection in the human body."[ Here Tanna gestured to her own smaller David on the side of the classroom.] "This sculpture is an excellent illustration of both scale and proportion in art. Proportion doesn't just stop at the human body, it could be used for landscapes, portraits, interior design. floral arrangements even! And, it can also be used to make dramatic and even controversial images of what you want to convey. The art of photomontage is a method where you piece together elements from different sources and alter the scale of objects in the composition as well as proportions within the human body. Think of it as almost making a cartoon but using real images of that person.

For the remainder of class I would like you to do two things for me: First, I would like you to draw whatever comes to mind and then attempt to add light and or frame to this sketch. Second, I'd like for you to attempt to draw your head, not just your face your actual head, using the mirrors provided upon my desk. If you have any questions or issues please don't hesitate to ask me.
Now as for homework I would like you all to go into a bathroom that has a mirror and take a candle with you. Light the candle and examine your face from different angles to see the different contrast and shadows the light offers and if you can draw your favorite angle. Another exercise I'd like for you is to go take a walk at different times of the day, if your schedule allows you, and notice the light the sun makes upon the area around you. Mark the shadows and note where they are and if they moved. This isn't graded it's merely a guide to enhance your knowledge and understanding of lighting. If you hit a problem please don't hesitate to raise a hand and when you're finished you may leave."
she grinned happily and waited for everyone to start.

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

Graydon Ironshield

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Starting fresh!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:50 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

The warm and welcoming environment of Professor Hawthorne's classroom was just what Hannah needed to get her in the mood to create something. After the stress which came with Transfigurations class, she needed something to take the edge off. It took her a moment to think about what she wanted to draw, before Hannah started putting pencil to the page. She giggled softly as she started drawing Daniel, the little orange-striped puffball of a kitten which belonged to her sister.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out