Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply RP Worlds THoR: Alternate Universe
Night Walker War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:12 pm
“Whoa,” said BlackMN when Daphne came back. “You looked more like a vampire than you usually do. Your body got so still from that!” The feathers on Sephiroth’s wings ruffled as he shifted a little in his sleep. BlackMN got on her knees and sat in front of her resting her hands on the other’s knees. She looked up at her. “You’re still as bad as a kid. Rebelling against good advices that will make you feel better. You were right there, why did you not touch them?”
-------------------------------------------
Daphne vanished from his vision in a blur of light. Once the stars in his vision faded and he could see again he saw open sky, a mostly open field with a few trees. The grass grew to just below his knees and there were various colors he could see in the field of grass, possibly of flowers. The breeze was pleasant and smelt of the wild flowers, but was a little chilly. He ruffled his feathers and looked up and around again. He saw no buildings or people. He wouldn’t need to hide his presence. He wanted to fly around for a bird’s eye view of the field. He stretched out his wings straight behind him.
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth’s wings suddenly shot out behind him knocking over a vase with flowers on the table. The sound of it rolling could be heard. They smacked BlackMN in the back of the head forcing her face into Daphne’s lap, but came short of touching the vampire and didn’t finish stretching out fully. It was as if they refused to touch her unless she reached for them herself much like how Aslan told Lucy on her second trip to Narnia that she had to be the one to seek him out. They lingered only a moment before folding back over the sleeping man. “It’s like he knew I was talking about him,” said Black into Daphne’s lap. Her head popped back up with a slightly annoyed expression and she turned and got up to take care of the vase and spilt water.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:19 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Nefretiri was silent a brief moment as she considered what Eydís said, her tongue moved across her teeth from her closed lips. She was not entirely sure what to make of this creature. Having seen child pharaohs who were considered gods, the size of Eydís didn’t strike her as entirely strange. Still she rarely ran into one of her kind in a physical body of that age. Nefretiri herself did not go after children for blood, but they were a good source of fear energy so they were game for being scared. However she wasn’t vicious about this towards them either. All vampires physical age failed to indicate how old a vampire was and this one was most deceiving in it. To call oneself this land’s protector hinted that she was old. How old she couldn’t tell by merely watching her. There was a sort of wisdom in the eyes that told her she wasn’t some mere child, but still they didn’t help her gauge the actual age. How she itched to allow her power to run over her like a chilly wind to assess the power and age she’d feel from it and as a consequence find out what this tiny guardian truly feared. But to let it flow freely around one who didn’t know of it could be seen as a threat and she didn’t desire to make this one feel any more threatened than she potentially did.

“Guardian goddess Eydís,” she mimicked how the other said it. Her voice still carried something to it that unnerved unfamiliar strangers like the story of the Lion and the Fox where the first time the fox saw the lion it was frightened and after seeing it two more times it had the courage to speak to it. Familiarity made it easy for the fox to confront a frightening situation (the earliest known recording of this story is about 600 BCE in ancient Greece). It still unnerved people who knew her when she surprised them, but they were used to it. “We do not intend to do more harm to this land beyond our camps’ basic needs while we are here. That said, what is…”

Sheut Thoth bumped his head into the back of Nefretiri’s knees. She allowed the force to move her forward a couple steps. She glanced back and put a hand on the cat’s head. “The other leader thinks you are quite interesting.” The dark cat to a step forward to stand by her side. “This is Sheut Thoth, he has for the most part guided our direction. Beautiful companion… (btw this is a word pun because the word for this is her name.)” She removed her hand from the cat’s head and opened her pouch and pulled out the box and held it in front of her. “We hope this is a worthy gift for this land’s protector. Will you please sit with us and we will speak of our travels and the news we have heard? You speak in our tongue, what do you know of our country so I may know where to begin?”

(Speaking of her name I also am spelling it how it was accepted 20 years ago from what I can tell (Old spelling reference ), the current acceptable way is Nefertari (googling this name gives better results than the other), but really they got those from Nfrt jrj (from wiki for Nefertari) so who knows which is really right.)  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:38 pm
Super bonus post that requires no response from you that I did to occupy my mind... that and the second half has been forming as head cannon for months. So I thought hey I'll post on characters not currently being focused on. Maybe you'd find it interesting knowing what I think certain secondary or tertiary characters are doing. So all this happens maybe 3 hours earliest (slightly more possibly) after Ma Jianshen left to go to Limbo to teach. Maybe I'll continue this post later describing what he does after the end point. Maybe I'll include missing details if you show an interest. Maybe I'll post what Dan and Daisy are up to a little before and while this is happening to Jianshen (that one is still forming in my brain). Now the post:

As Ma prepared to leave, he thought of that night so many years ago. How he was unwise earlier that day and over exerted himself. He had not felt particularly well for some time, but by that particular night to move was to hurt, to lie still hurt, to breathe hurt, and his own pulse hurt. Veni appeared after he lay there for what seemed like a long time. Veni always seemed to know when he was feeling his worst as he often showed up on those particular days. Oh how he had loved that foreign devil by then and was glad to see him.

His best friend was his secret and most grievous crime; a foreigner and a goeng-si at that. The foreigner that learned to speak their language possibly through him and read it because of him was enough to have gotten him executed. He was never really ashamed of their relationship back then despite it being a taboo. It being a taboo wasn’t even the main draw to him. Veni would brighten his evenings with his company when he showed up. He would also frighten him at times. Especially at first how he moved so silent and quickly to be suddenly there. The more inhuman things were more unnerving llike how he removed the bad blood as he called it from time to time. Once making him think he was going to take too much when he commented that he should end his misery and kill him. One particular night early in their relationship while Veni held him and drained some of his life, it was his second time Veni merely telling him he could help him feel better faster without explaining how, Ma had asked Veni if he was going to be like him when he died having been attacked by him twice at that point in his life. That was how one of the goeng-si stories went that merely having his life drained by one could do it and Veni had done it twice now; that time with a tricked consent and before without his consent the first time they met. His question seemed to have startled him and the goeng-si had told him not likely and that it involved more than what he was doing.

That particular night he didn’t even have the strength to greet him properly. How it hurt and only seemed to get worse. Veni had a strange look about him the seemed concerned and even panicked on his condition compared to the usual. This happened all the time, why did he look so distressed? His strong grip held him to look in his eyes with that face that never changed, so young looking to him now that he had surpassed him in physical age, so beautiful, and more vulnerable than he normally saw. He made a wincing apologetic face from being moved. His vision blurred as he took in a deep breath, grimacing, and could barely make out what Veni said, but the last was mostly clear: he wasn’t going to let him die. The next thing he was aware of was the feeling of cold lips and the feeling of needles on his skin; a familiar feeling but this time in an unfamiliar place. He gasped in surprise. Within moments Veni’s strange power fooled his body into thinking all was alright and he could finally think more clearly. Well as clearly as it was possible when under the vampire's spell. Though his hold was not as complete as it could be Ma realized feeling the strange connection. He somehow knew Veni's intentions; that this time Veni intended to make him like him, but he also knew if he said stop Veni would stop. It was such a pleasant sensation he wasn’t sure he wanted him to stop even though the idea of what he was doing terrified him a little. Then the terror went away as quickly as it came and he was calm. In the end he decided to go with his earlier decision; to see what would happen. He had already thought he made it up a while ago thinking on the possibility of this or that at least if Veni forced it on him he wouldn’t be angry and try to understand. He stroked the other’s hair having made up his mind not to resist, Veni gracing him with the sound of his soothing purr.

The thought of his family posed some regret and he spoke. Veni seemed startled a brief second. Ma closed his eyes acutely aware of his own heartbeat. What a strange sensation that caused him to feel weak in a different way, his pain having melted away and now the complete opposite. He had been so focused on the sensation that he hardly noticed when Veni had stopped until his mouth was gently pried open, until he caught the taste of blood, and then felt a light massaging of his throat until he swallowed on his own thirsting for it, and finally that Veni had propped his head up and was looking into his eyes when he opened them. He felt calm while he held his gaze, like some soothing lullaby was there. When Veni moved his arm from his mouth, Ma stared up at him swallowing desiring more of the blood. Such a tiredness he had never felt before came upon him. He wanted to reach up and touch his face and say ‘please stay’ but sleep overcame him. His breathing became more even.

The next day he had felt better than he had in years and even better when night came. Upon looking his room over he saw that Veni had stayed in one of his animal forms in the shadows. He resisted the urge to touch him to not disturb his sleep. That night the goeng-si was on him, with hardly a word, first thing once he started to move and continued what he started. He did so for several nights and every night Ma had noticed he felt more drawn to his friend, that there seemed to be some connection forming. After a few days Ma had lost his appetite and didn’t feel well during the day, but felt well at night. He was startled when he noticed the sharper teeth by biting his inner lip accidentally and found he rather liked the taste of his own blood. He also noticed subtle changes in his appearance.

As the sun sank on the horizon this final night, Ma felt stronger as it did. Veni came again. Ma had eagerly awaited him, but did not move from his sitting position as it was all he could do to resist a nearly unbearable urge to rush to him. Veni stood still in the gloom and spoke, “as much as my body wants to go to you and finish what I have started, I decided to not outright do it and try something a little different. I will stop here and leave to keep me from going after you. I’ll be back again someday. Either you will recover or die and become goeng-si. I am not sure. I do not even know that if you do recover and later die if you’ll come back, but I think you will. I haven’t merely stopped before, you see, as it is difficult. No doubt you can feel it.”

When he said this Ma had felt like he could weep from frustration, but did not. He felt urges he could not fully understand one of which was a sort of desperation to taste Veni’s blood. When Veni had left the area, the next several days were torment as his body couldn’t seem to decide to go one way or the other. He avoided his family the best he could for he wanted blood. When he did see them, he did his best to seem like less was wrong with him than it really was for his recovery was like a withdrawal of sorts. Finally he noticed his teeth were normal again and he recovered an appetite for something other than blood. Those foreign urges were gone as well, but he still longed for the goeng-si. He rarely saw Veni with his human eyes after that and occasionally felt his presence like he was being checked on.

Ma blinked from his thoughts as he brushed out his hair. He thought it odd as he didn’t normally think on the subject of his human life and what was done so vividly. Though now that he was thinking about it, he would have forgiven Veni for this action even if the scenario of it being forced against his will happed instead for now that he was a goeng-si he understood. He would have done the same if he had developed such a relationship with a human. He could appreciate Veni’s self-control for to be with a human like that was difficult due to their urges.

He didn’t long for his old life much and he had accepted his wife probably wouldn’t reincarnate thanks to his new knowledge of Limbo. Nor did he desire to be human again, though he did experiment with reaper once thanks to those disguise runes and didn’t find it entirely unpleasant though he ended up in a reaper body about as old as Alzamus. The disguise rune also made him an older man as well that one birthday when everyone insisted the vampires became something that was able to eat Rosemary’s birthday cake made by Pyro. As much as he wouldn’t have wanted to insult Pyro, he really had to start not worrying about insulting others and refuse things he didn’t want to do. Yet people seemed to rely on his overall agreeability and respectfulness. Oh how he wished for more private moments with Veni when he didn’t have to fully be that way, share more of his personal thoughts, and didn’t have to always be so proper. Perhaps he’ll ask him to put on a shadow puppet show like he used to when he was human and Veni discovered they were a beloved form of entertainment.

Ma Jianshen could not do what Veni did for him anymore; make a bite feel pleasant. He simply has not been able to since the 1960s. He missed it greatly as he didn’t like to traumatize his victims in such a way despite how pleasurable it was for him. He liked what he could do for it has saved his life before. Why did he care when it shouldn’t matter if he was likely to kill them anyways? Such a worry was really irrelevant. He was currently staying in Limbo and had to stay in control of his desires for to lose control would mean imprisonment or deportation. How he wanted to sink his fangs into something other than these little blobs of flesh that passed as desirable vampire food to the nonhunters, the ones who never had to truly be more predatory, and devour it. They never really satisfied him and seemed to do so less and less even when he chose to channel his power into them. But it wasn’t just the hunting, he couldn’t give a companion he loved or even a potential pupil in whom he’d teach all he knew a pleasant turning if he decided to do it. He couldn’t make it as comfortable as possible as Veni had done. He sighed at his thoughts and decided to leave most of his hair down, tying back that which would get in his face. He sometimes would style it like so, but most of the time he kept it in a braid. He also knew that Veni liked to see it down sometimes; so did Nefretiri.

When he arrived Ma opened and closed the door as quietly as possible. It was one of the two noisiest actions he would make; the next would be opening his own door. He swiftly moved around the lair, footsteps so quite that even his family wouldn’t hear him. Upon looking he found that there was no one around to have heard him anyways unless everyone happened to be in their rooms. Even Dan and Daisy were gone. He headed to his room and paused on opening it, hand resting on the knob. He heard a heartbeat through the door and breathing. Had Sephiroth decided to wait for him there? Surely he didn’t mind, but this rhythm didn’t sound like him. He momentarily thought on the condition he last saw Sephiroth in and wondered if he had recovered and was alright or if it was too soon for it. It didn’t sound like BlackMN either or anyone he knew unless Jacob was going through a minor spell from his curse but he’d be able to sense his power.

As he debated going into his room, Nefreitri exited hers and was instantly behind him with a speed he could only hope to achieve in his older age. He knew his current speed and strength was only due to his training otherwise he’d be very average or perhaps below average, he wasn’t sure anymore. Maybe realizing his main power increased him in certain ways, but he was never certain of it. It didn’t matter so long as he wasn’t bullied. She was very close; all he had to do was lean back a little and he’d touch her. “Bìxià?”

“I found a gift for you.” It felt as if a ghost whispered it intimately in his ear though she didn’t have her mouth next to his ear. He felt his heart beat once having a feeling he knew what it was. He finished turning the knob pushing the door forward. Nefretiri followed behind him, shutting the door and leaned against it. A human he didn’t recognize looked up at them. The person was in a chair sort of looking at them in a drugged haze though there was no drugs in the system. Ma turned to Nefretiri suddenly feeling trapped himself, his heart feeling like it leaped into his throat. She put a hand to his cheek which strangely calmed him despite the feel of aura in it. It felt soothing in a way, yet he didn’t lean into it.

“Bìxià, I…” She interrupted him. “You do not have to be so formal. No one else is here.” He relaxed his face into her hand, and then put his hand over it for several moments before he removed both hands from his cheek, turning his head slightly, and closed his eyes while inhaling the smell. He stared at her wrist a moment guessing that Daphne healed it for what she had earlier was no ordinary burn. He ran his hand up her arm where the burn was and could feel how much it stung earlier almost. He wanted to scan her in this way to find out what had happened to her those years ago when she vanished, what injuries she sustained, but he dared not for multiple reasons and let her arm go.

“Nefretiri, I cannot accepting such a gift. In Limbo we are recognized and represented like people and they providing other means of sustenance. I cannot be doing this.”

“You’re not in this Limbo right now. No wonder you feel satiated, yet not satisfied.” They spoke quietly and fast, low enough that the human couldn’t hear them nor be fully aware they were speaking. The person was still in half a daze anyways, Nefretiri having not released her hold on them.

“Yes, but I cannot risk such a thing happening there. I cannot appear monstrous in my eating habits.”

“If you don’t do it here, soon you’ll do it there. You can barely control yourself now. You’re so desperate that the very idea has caused your eyes to have gone from black to red, did you know that?” Ma did not answer. He wasn’t aware that his eyes were doing it now. “Jianshen…” she gripped his chin and gently forced him to gaze into her eyes. She was old enough and he was young enough in comparison to find himself slightly mesmerized. “I didn’t pick this one at random. Just look at the eyes, read the deeper thoughts, search for the secrets in the memories, and you’ll see why I chose what I did.” She turned his head towards them. As he turned and finished turning his body around to look at the pitiful creature he felt his thirst rise. He couldn’t tell if she was contributing to it or if he was finally losing it with such a tempting offer. He stared intently into the eyes learning the secrets of this one’s life moving ever so closer without realizing it as if the slight change in distance mattered for this. His body suddenly became ridged, something in the other’s mind apparently startling him, his expression turning cold and indifferent . His body was animated again as he and Nefretiri released the human’s mind from their gaze, the smell of fear rising in the room as the goeng-si let out an animalistic sound that was both like a hiss and growl.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:22 pm
Many centuries ago… Red timid eyes peeked through a window of the villa at the young man asleep on the lightly padded wooden bed. He was still in his teens and hadn’t finished developing; still possessing some baby fat with the slight muscle tone. The eyes watched the rise and fall of the chest of the body with clean short curly blonde hair. It was a warm night out so the window was open. The palm of a pale hand with sharp nails moved towards the open window. It stopped suddenly and pulled back with a jolt before resting on the sill. A sigh of longing came from outside.

“Lucia,” said a voice behind the figure with the red eyes. With the sound of a clink of coins the eyes turned to meet another pair of red eyes belonging to a being with darker skin. The owner of the original pair of eyes had a dirty tangled matt of curly light blonde hair as well, but longer than the one in the house, that hugged about the face. A long pleated dress covered the body of this young individual. The stola was partially covered by a decorative palla that was fastened with a brooch which the only thing was holding it on the body both of which was kept about as well as the hair of the individual. “I can still do it.”

Lucia’s eyes went wide. “N-no,” the voice stammered. “You promised you wouldn’t.”

“Indeed I did,” said Nefretiri with the smile of a devil. “And I’ll continue to do as I said, but I would if you asked.”

Lucia slowly turned to look at the near mirror image through the window again. While dirty, unkempt, and fairer than he who slept inside, the two looked very similar. The difference in physique was due to their upbringing. The one on the bed obviously did more lifting or physical activities than the one looking in. “No, not you.” Lucia continued to stare longing to be next to them and vaguely wondering what the blood would taste like.

Nefretiri moved in closer and put her arms around Lucia’s waist. Lucia stiffened afraid of what the other would do or touch. The words, “you can do it,” were whispered in the ear. Lucia was silent for several minutes staring at the breathing figure. How handsome he looked to Lucia, more so than they remembered. Did those curls feel the same or did this new form change how even the hair felt between species? They wanted nothing more to sneak into that bed, cuddle next to their brother, burry their face into his neck, and…. “I can’t get in,” Lucia whispered.

Nefretiri pulled away from Lucia and said, “I can enter and bring him to you.”

Nefretiri moved to enter through the window, but Lucia sprang forward and grabbed Nefretiri’s wrist. “No!” Lucia quickly released her and shrank back several steps, a look of shock at what they did, that they even touched her, initially before looking timid again. “…. No… I won’t do it either.”

He’s fast for an infant, Nefretiri thought. If he was already this fast he might become powerful. Pity I promised not to take the other one if he behaved. It would be interesting to see if identical twins turned out the same. Vaguely she thought on doing it anyways, but quickly decided against it. She was a lot of things, but she didn’t want to be a liar as well. She’d have to convince him to do it or to let her do it. “His blood should taste like yours. You could know what it tasted like to me.”

Lucia shook his head vigorously and look past her through the window. Lucian had shifted in his sleep. Nefretiri looked back at the window as well and when she turned around Lucia was gone. Lucian rose from the bed and stared out the window, both figures having left. He thought he had heard Lucia, but of course it was a dream. Lucia was dead. His sibling had recently perished, coins given to cross the Styx, and was not coming back.

Miles away Lucia stumbled as Nefretiri leapt and tackled him to the ground and penned him with her body. It would have been easy enough for her to command him to stop, but she wanted him to struggle. Struggle he did, but it was obvious he knew not how to truly fight back beyond potentially some self-defense techniques. Not that knowing any would have helped him. She quickly had both his wrists above his head in one hand. He soon stopped squirming, admitting defeat, and relaxed under her while staring fearful, waiting to see what she did next. “You can only get away when I let you.” Lucia nodded once.

She released his wrists and leaned her head towards his neck. He automatically looked away to expose it to her in a submissive way with an abashed look. “If you wait too long he will age and you will no longer look like twins.” Lucia looked even more saddened. She breathed on his neck and kissed it. His eyes closed and he squirmed some. “Pity you will never have your long pretty hair again. You used to care more about your looks and put effort into it. You enjoyed bathing and being clean. You’re still lovely and will look it; we just need to clean you up.” Next he knew he was being pulled to his feet by the wrists was lead to the nearest river where she would bathe him.

---------

20 years later the same timid eyes peeped through the master bedroom, this time the figure wore a toga instead of a stola. The man in the bed appeared like he could have been the father of the one peering in. In a flash Lucia had moved from the window to stand next to the bed. Years ago he had been invited in by Lucian who remembered the incident as some sort of drunken hallucination or mad dream. Lucian had married and a family of his own by now, his old room currently vacant while Lucia’s housed children. Their father had died recently, having lived till a good old age, and Lucian was now in charge.

He stirred and lulled the wife to sleep in the chair. She wouldn’t be wise onto what happened come dawn. Lucia silently slipped into bed next to and faced his brother should he stir. Nefretiri had warned him that they were to leave the area soon, with a hint that now was his last chance in her voice. Lucia’s lip pouted slightly as he thought on this as it weighed heavily on his mind. If he didn’t do it, he’d have to say goodbye for a very long time, possibly forever, but if he did Lucian would be tormented by Nefretiri too. He wanted to be with him so badly, but if he did wouldn’t that be selfish? Though, when he admitted it, his feelings were detached from feeling regret from being selfish by doing it. She had told him how to do it in one night instead of having it dragged out over several like how he was turned. He stared at Lucian’s form rise and fall as he breathed, his gaze falling to the throat. He had been lonely without him, despite the unwanted attention he received, and figured it would be misery once he couldn’t at least see him. What held him at bay was that he didn’t want Lucian to have to deal with something about Nefretiri that kept him almost always afraid, her whims, the things she did to torment him. Also what if he messed up? He wasn’t very good at stopping once he started.

He put his arm on Lucian to snuggle in closer. Lucian’s eyes opened and immediately caught his. They closed slowly as he was put into a deeper sleep. He ran his hand across his cheek, down his throat, and arm while he stared at the pulse he saw near the surface of the arm and throat. He propped himself up to kiss the cheek, inhaling his scent, his face slowly following the path his hand took only to stop at the throat. The warmth that radiated from his skin felt wondrously good. As he inhaled at the throat he felt his own throat tighten and burn slightly. He was fascinated at the goosebumps that formed on the skin when he exhaled his cool breath as he leaned closer lips brushing against the skin, now watching the hairs rise.

He pulled his head back suddenly though it hurt to do so. He was determined not to do it, though he could taste it beneath that skin. He looked for a healing wound and when he found a scratch he reopened it by licking it with a small rough patch on the side of his tongue. He licked the small amount of blood it gave till he could think straighter and be slightly less intoxicated and tempted by food. He continued to lay there till he had to leave before dwn.

------------

A year or two or three later… Lucia ran back to the villa over the course of several nights; running several miles, resting, and running gain. He could hardly stand the time he had been away and didn’t want to be without what he desired most. He did it; he worked at better control of himself and stopped in time to do it. The connection to this stranger felt good, but there was an off feeling or maybe something lacked or it wasn't complete. He could understand how Nefretiri felt towards him, but he wished she didn’t give him the type of attention she gave him that left him feeling abused in some way. He could do it. Gods he hoped it wasn’t too late. Lucian was healthy last he saw him so there was still a chance. However upon arriving home and searching, it became apparent Lucian was gone. Lucia backed away from the house and collapsed in the shadows weeping, hands clasping the coins he had to his chest. Why had he not done it sooner when he had the chance? He wouldn’t do that again; let someone he felt attached to get away. Nefretiri suddenly appeared and he gave her a dismayed look of what horrid thing do you plan to do to make it worse. She said noting and merely gathered him and flew off with him. Even she didn’t feel like being cruel enough to be snide towards him at the moment.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:54 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydís watched as the other vampire eyed her. She, in turn, took in the other woman. She did not dare go in to look at the woman’s spiritual form, however. While she felt it was her… right as the land’s master and protector, she did not want to give the other a reason to attack should she feel the prod. When the other spoke again, she caused once more a sense of disquiet to unfold within the child vampire. The other’s words were chosen with precision and attention, however. She seemed respectful of Eydís’ role. Eydís nodded and was about to ask something, when a panther butted his head against the other vampire’s knees, interrupting her train of thought.

Eydís met the dark cat’s eyes with interest. ”A guide.” She said softly, although she knew the others could hear her. The cat, a black leopard, held some of its resemblance to Eydís’ companions then. ”It is fitting then that you should have a panther as a guide. I find him of equal interest. As I do you.” She allowed, approval seeping little by little into her tone. While not inherently a good thing, a panther provided clarity to any journey.

Eydís’ nose caught the scent of the cinnamon once more as a gift was offered. She moved closer to Nefretiri and the cat, her movements cautious and attentive. Finally, when she was close enough, she plucked the container of the expensive spice from off of the darker vampire’s hand. ”It will do so long as you do not intend to live here without eventually moving on and so long as you do not have any plans to depose of me.” She answered carefully, ”You will find me to be a fierce opponent should you try. I give you this warning now to maintain my principles. If you should come against me in the future, there will be no other warning.” Her gaze was intense again upon the other woman, perhaps striking a form of unease herself.

Eydís’ eyes drifted up and back again, watching as an invisible spirit of the dead lifted from the distant forest. When her eyes returned to the group, some of the intensity was gone. The otherworldly nature was still present, but the guardian dropped some of her previous intimidating airs. The child vampire met the eyes of her spirit panther and the panther nodded toward the fire. ”I will.” Eydís finally agreed, she herself was curious of the travelers. Why were there so many of them? Why travel? What was their purpose? How were they related to Rome? She waited until most of the others were seated before taking her place to perch on a rock.

Eydís’ eyes reflected the flames as she stared once more at Nefretiri—the beautiful one. ”I know the language.” She said simply, ”I know you are related to Rome but I do not know how.” Eydís paused, eyes calculating, ”That is all.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:48 pm
Continuation of the Super Bonus Post of Ma and Nefretiri's interaction while none of the other main characters are around. This probably concludes it or I'll be struck with another idea and do more with these two, but it looks to be the end.

Earlier Nefretiri had left soon after everyone else after one more change of clothes to fit the times. She wore something that she felt looked normal and wouldn’t draw too much attention. As she walked around the streets of the town she scanned the people around her. The little trick she had Rosemary do made this all the more easier. In fact it was quite fun picturing herself traveling down that web finding a little moth caught in it miles away. One on top of a Ferris Wheel with passengers loading and afraid of heights? She floated near it, unseen in the darkness, and sent a breeze to cause the car to rock. The woman inside gripped the railing even more tightly wondering why she let her boyfriend ever talk her into getting on the thing. Though this kind of mild terror would never have satisfied her if she were to feed on it, Nefretiri laughed inwardly at the light sip as she continued her search. Fear of spiders? Well Rosemary could have lots of fun with you if she wanted. No she was looking for something more specific; a darker fear, a fear of being found out. Oh wait an assaulter whose terror was rising of the unknown? She focused on that one a little. Of course Veni was after him, what fun he must be having. She knew he was playing with him. She resisted her desire to watch him toy with the mouse.

Her focus moved from one person to the next very rapidly scanning their fears and dark secrets. As she started to consider going to the next town she found someone that made her pause. She sensed something deliciously dark about them. She quickly crossed the miles, moving so quickly no one saw her, to arrive close enough to look into the eyes of her target scanning through their memories. This young person was perfect, she realized to her delight with a lion’s grin. They were disrespectful, tormented, and so far got away with murdering their own parents. Best of all as far as Nefretiri could tell from reading their mind, the parents didn’t appear to have treated their child so poorly as to deserve it. Though she enjoyed making this type suffer in turn, she knew Ma didn’t tolerate this type and suffered not to allow such a sack of garbage to live.

Should she chase this one a little before she caught him? She crept out of the shadows and stood a hundred feet or so away with a fierce look on her face directing some of her aura towards him. They paused in their footsteps, sensing something potentially sinister about the person before them. Slowly, well a normal speed for a human, Nefretiri walked towards them. The heart of the other raced as she came closer and they turned down a corner, Nefretiri followed, they went around several streets before they broke out in a run. She was far enough they couldn’t see her, but her steps were purposefully loud enough that they knew they were being followed. Nefretiri pursued and led them towards her home, always behind them or appearing down the streets she didn’t want them to go. She laughed as they tried to shove things into her path to slow her down. She knew that an entrance to her place was too far for them to run so when she knew they were reaching their limit, she appeared right before them and mesmerized them with her eyes. They wobbled as she willed them into a trance; she easily scooped them into her arms and rose off the ground and headed home.
------
It was really unfortunate for the person that they were afraid, Nefretiri knew. It helped set off Jianshen's instincts and make him all the more hungry for the blood. Nefretiri moved from her position to sit and cross her legs at the ankles on the luohan bed, which is a sturdy wooden bed that looks more like a platform, in this case, rosewood, on legs with side and back panels. He had thin padding and several pillows on his bed with a kang table under the platform. Near the bed was a three legged round incense table with a burner on it, a plaque with writing, and a small portrait drawing of a woman. Nefretiri noted the lack of his normally larger bed and wondered if it was in Limbo or if it had been destroyed, which would have been a shame as that bed was from his era as well. Additionally, he had a couple wooden folding chairs, mook jong, an item of approximately 4' wrapped in cloth, potted plants, an electric teapot, a music player, some closed cabinets which held books, antiques, clothes, and other belongings.

The folding chair that held the victim fell backwards and collapsed as the person scrambled to their feet frightened by the look of cold indifference and death that was over the face of the one that made the threatening noise. Ma reached at the clothing suddenly, which only gave them the feeling of a tug as they scrambled for the nearest door. Inside Ma’s hand was an electronic device that he liberated the battery and sim card of. It was out of his hands by the time they pushed open the door, slammed it shut, and a clicking sound could be heard. Oh but he could still smell him and hear the thud of the pulse raging in the chest and veins. He tried not to laugh as he heard them cursing through the door as they realized their phone wouldn’t turn on, a dark satisfaction appearing in his expression. As he leaned casually next to the door running his nails down it to keep them panicked by the noise the nails made he pondered on what he should to do proceed. His shape changing abilities didn’t come to him as easily as the others who did and could so passing through walls was difficult and bothersome and so was unlocking locks and opening minor things. Of course the difference in time was a heartbeat, but he couldn’t do it nearly as frequently without tiring. He could remove the door from its hinges if he wanted, but that would be more troublesome to repair.

He focused on the simple lock on the other side that was there merely as a courtesy to any guest he had over. To his astonishment it turned and clicked much easier than he remembered. Maybe better energy manipulation studying than his qi studies seemed to get him under the reapers and especially Githar’s technique wasn’t entirely a waste of time. Maybe he’d focus on ways to improve his ability to transform into mist or shadow and not merely blend in well next.

As Ma pushed the door open he heard the sound of glass breaking. They rushed at Ma with their shard of glass as soon as the door was fully open. Ma put up his hand and allowed it to cut into his flesh as it missed its intended mark; his other hand grabbing at the wrist forcing them to drop the bloody piece into the vampire’s bleeding hand. He quickly cut the other’s hand and cheek with the sharp object that had his blood on it and moved it between his teeth; grabbing the others wounded hand with his own wounded hand. Ma then fell backwards towards the ground, pulling the other with him, and then flung them at the wall behind the vampire with the momentum doing all these things in less than a heartbeat. They hit and landed with a thud and groan, quickly scrambling to get up. Ma hadn’t flung them with enough force to do much damage beyond distorting them some. He himself was back on his feet and licking the blood from his healing hand having cleaned the shard before they even hit the wall; tossing the shard into the trash with his uninjured hand. He had purposely let some of his blood enter the wounds he caused. In fact the one on the other’s hand had healed because of the vampire’s blood, but they hadn’t much time to allow that to register or even that there was ever a cut there to begin with.

As they inched along the wall for the knob on the door they stopped, feeling like they received even more cuts. They turned to where they thought their assailant was, but Ma hadn’t approached them and Nefretiri hadn’t moved. They examined where it burned, but saw no cut marks and flinched as it felt like they received more. Reaching for the door handle, back against the wall and ever staring at the calm yet fierce looking man before him for any movements towards them feeling stings of pain from nonexistent gashes. Ma was smiling with the air of satisfaction but with coldness in his expression as well and hunger in his eyes; the scent and taste of the blood having stirred his more predatory nature. The fact he licked his hand proved that; he wouldn’t show his tongue normally for it was considered poor manners. Nefretiri looked darkly entertained at the woundless lingchi, which depending on how it was done could be slow or fast but it was basically the cutting of the flesh of a victim reserved for certain crimes including patricide. Ma detested patricide, which was his trigger when he first slammed at the time an unknown power into that youth in his anger when he saw them beating their own grandfather who was not what they accused him of. However Ma wasn’t going to be slow about it and sliced at the air with his clawed hand as if he was slicing into flesh. The human jumped away from the wall and right into the vampire’s arms at the sudden sensation of a slash across the back.

The vampire didn’t let them go this time and they twitched in his grasp. All of his careful barriers to protect others from not feeling a jolt of pain from merely touching him were down. Even Nefretiri would feel the sting if she touched him at that moment. Being pressed up against that stunned them and, like grabbing onto an electric wire, it would have been hard to pull away even if Jianshen wasn’t fiercely hugging them to feel the body twitch, to feel the heart pound against him, to hear the low groans and gasps, to freely allow his power to flow like a completed circuit. Just this, just this release was what he really desired and he would hold it for as long as the other could stand; till they were better off dead. Yet he had to remind himself to be careful not to crush them as his grip tightened when he pulled the head to the side sensing that they were about to faint. He buried his head into the neck smelling the blood right under the skin, licking it, tasting it, and finally biting into it to break the skin. That’s when they cried out for his bite was the worst of it.

He drank slowly, wanting it to last as long as possible for he didn’t know how long it would be before he could or would give in again to satisfying his goeng-si craving of draining the life, even if partial, from another. Of course while he was connected in this way, he saw how the creature did it; drugging them, forcing one to shoot the other, and then when they realized what they did, screaming in a stupor, then apparently committing suicide with help. It was perfect really; a murder/suicide of husband and wife far as the media was concerned.

Ma loosed his grip allowing it the body to slide to the floor. He stepped away and moved towards his bed with a slight sway grabbing the edge of a side panel. He sat on his platform of a bed looking swooned still yet thoughtful from the sensation of what he did and the blood, staring ahead at a spot on the wall, flexing his hands slightly, and breathing evenly.

Nefretiti touched his cheek with the back of her hand to test and she found it agreeable to the touch with only a slight tingling that could be pleasurable in the right places for he wasn’t done containing it. She slid the hand across the cheek to the ear and lightly tickled at it with her fingertips. His cheeks flushed lightly from the contact, his eyes moved to look at her then, head turning ever so slightly. His eyes were normal now, dark with a glint of red where the light hit. She had leaned in close and kissed the lobe and was rewarded with the sound of a sharp intake of air. She pulled away. “Better?”

His lips twitched a little before a smile formed and he nodded once. He was at a loss, unsure of how to react, staring at her in wonder, and thrown completely off balance. When there were more of her children, she hadn’t been so intimate around him. The light caress to the cheek or touching of his hands was normal for her and she did it to many of the others. He himself had only touched her to correct her stance or adjust her posture while teaching; never anything so intimate. Would he consent to it if she pushed for something more from him? He couldn’t stop her if she did, but he always knew that. He wondered how she even knew he’d like that so much.

She laughed as she got up, his uncertainty its own reward. He had entertained her enough. There was no need to torment him further for now. “Prepare yourself for I plan to summon the others back soon. I am to give a sort of history lesson for you see I know the sire of Veni’s friend,” she said as she cleaned up the mess, noticing Ma straightening in attention to her words, and headed out the door with it.

Once she was gone he ran his hand through his hair, fell back into the pillows, folded his hands on his stomach, stared at the ceiling, and concentrated on his breathing…though a breathing technique may have worked better if he was alive he was sure, but it helped him focus his energy none the less. She actually accepts Cian? He thought and wondered since he was unsure of and somewhat afraid of Cian, the other. Do not do to others as you would not wish done to yourself. He wondered if that Kongzi (Confucius) principle applied to all creatures or just within ones species. If it applies to all, was it null when they were dinner? Surely a human wouldn't want to be done to them what they did with their meat, but it was necessary for them.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:33 pm
This continues right after the paragraph included in this sort of intro. All this thinking and reading in this post probably takes him less than 5 minutes. He’s thinking in Cantonese which is why I leave out his normal speech mannerisms, plus most of his direct thoughts in this post are hard for me to think on how he’d say it aloud @@ in English. “Once she was gone he ran his hand through his hair, fell back into the pillows, folded his hands on his stomach, stared at the ceiling, and concentrated on his breathing…though a breathing technique may have worked better if he was alive he was sure, but it helped him focus his energy none the less. She actually accepts Cian? He thought and wondered since he was unsure of and somewhat afraid of Cian, the other. Do not do to others as you would not wish done to yourself. He wondered if that Kongzi (Confucius) principle applied to all creatures or just within ones species. If it applies to all, was it null when they were dinner? Surely a human wouldn't want to be done to them what they did with their meat, but it was necessary for them.”

He reached behind his head under one of his pillows and pulled out a small text. It was a copy of the Xiao Jing, writings he had read many times as a human (but not the same copy) to study and memorize for the exams. Xiao was often translated to filial piety, but a better translation of the term was simply being good to ones parents and ancestors. He read from the book and thought on what he read. 身體髮膚,受之父母,不敢毀傷,孝之始也 is the text he read which translates to “The body, hair and skin, all have been received from the parents, and so one doesn’t dare damage them—that is the beginning of xiao.” I break this every time I drink tea or I scratch myself to test a theory or something related to my power, but the damage goes away quickly so it is minor as long as I don’t do it excessively…but this frustration, this need, this health issue is always there. Daphne always jumps at the opportunity to heal even the tiniest of scratches; does she need to use her powers like I feel a need to or does she simply want to do it? The way he damaged it was a form of taking care of his body in within of itself for it allowed him to better defend his body from stronger beings. He looked at the spot on his hand that had been injured. It was fully healed; he couldn’t tell there was ever a gash there. No, it was more important to take care of the body overall than to worry about the minor things he did and not do it more than necessary. The body would be damaged some no matter what, he just couldn’t excessively do it, allow it to be damaged too often, and take care of himself; his gift from Veni. Was he taking care of himself? No, he wasn’t. Not fully. Not as much as he could. Nefretiri helped him understand that.

He kept himself well fed, but always felt something was missing. Not to mention he started to look older if he missed a few days. Then seeing his family gain friends who allowed them to feed on, he knew that was part of it. He longed to feed on a humanish creature and not just on the alternatives available…but when he did on Githar even that wasn’t enough. It was indeed much better at the time though. Right now he physically felt great; that built up pressure or stress gone, or less noticeable, which had increase exponentially after being used on Dieamos. He sensed his power was easier to contain too. It’s not about anger, it’s about peace; not about power, it’s about grace; not knowing your enemy, but yourself. Being able to sense the way your body moves is the foundation for grasping qi. These last thoughts were martial art principles. It was because of this he normally had such control over his power, except when it came to his kiss, and had been able to quickly contain it; for he knew his body well, he knew how to redirect it but it was work to keep the flow changed, and he had to allow it to flow naturally sometimes. He had wanted a feeding partner more than a girlfriend or potential mate and expressed this to Githar and Jacob. He couldn’t wait any longer to find such a person. He was weary of the stress, weary of the constant unfulfilled desire, weary of how it was always present on his mind, weary of how he has had to work harder and harder to not allow the slightest brush against another affect them especially around his students and weary about worrying about it when it became difficult. He couldn’t handle this anymore. Nefretiri knew what he needed ultimately, even he did but he was unsure how to address in part because of some of his friend types.

He looked past some text that spoke of engaging in righteous and good conduct to bring honor as part of xiao to read, 天地之性,人為貴。人之行,莫大於孝. “Of all the species in the world, humans are the most precious. Of all human conduct, nothing is greater than xiao.” He frowned upon reading this and held the book behind his head wrist in a position like he would throw it. He brought it back to his face and read the line again though he had the whole thing memorized. While he did agree to the second part of this general statement he was no longer sure he agreed to the first, at least not completely. This principle had influenced his choice to restrain himself as best he could and not be much of a killer or to really harm those he fed on. At the same time he wasn’t appalled by those who didn’t follow a similar choice for he understood. He didn’t have the same needs before 50 years ago as he does after that point so this was easier to do in the past. Humans were precious to him in more ways than one, not merely as a food source, and he did enjoy watching some advances and loathed others he witnessed in history. They did amazing and horrible things, developed interesting and destructive devices. They changed the world while he more or less watched. As a species they were precious, possibly the most, but the most precious of them had some form of xiao. Not every individual was the most precious of them; some within the species were more precious than others.

He gently put the little text away. Another Kongzi (Confucius) quote came to mind that wasn’t in this text, “do not watch what is improper; do not listen to what is improper; do not speak improperly and do not act improperly.” What was improper to them (vampires)? Some actions were considered improper compared to what a human normally did and actions that were improper for a human were proper for a vampire. He realized he lost sight of taking care of himself in part because of this philosophy to not act improperly. He had thought it improper to use it on another except in defense, but the need to defend himself so fiercely did not come nearly enough. No, it was more improper to not use it if it affected his health and if in not using it, it hindered his ability to best help his family, to be the best he could, it was improper. It is more improper not to use the gift Veni gave me if it affects my health and thus hinders my ability to fully honor them when I restrict myself from using it as I apparently need. I have to figure out a way to use it in a proper manner. He tapped his lip lightly with the side of the tip of his finger and long nail. I can’t find someone like Nefretiri’s gift every time I do it. I’ll have to target those I find a little less precious. Of course I won’t do this there… He ends thinking on where he lives for now. He even knew of places within that realm he probably could get away with it too, but no; he agreed he intentionally wouldn’t do such things while there and if he did, it was consensual and they would be unharmed. To break it would be disrespecting many people he knew, especially the ones who vouched for him. It would have to be done when he came here.

Most of my reference for the Xiao Jing text comes from here: http://www.tsoidug.org/Papers/Xiao_Jing_Comment.pdf The martial arts quotes were from notes I jotted down a while ago...not sure of the source. The last quote was a Confucius quote I saw in several places in my research. It is more easily found than the Xiao Jing text which was a happy accident for I didn’t know about it until I found it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:03 am
Orange is hard to read if there is too much, so I won't be coloring this one.

Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Nefretiri let her hands fall back to her sides once the box was out of them and stood still, cautious to not make a sudden movement. She watched the eyes glance at things she couldn’t see and wondered if she was a truth seer or saw spirits. The lion had returned so Nefretiri leaned against it with mother and child leopard on either side of her. The magician, Tutankhseneb, sat next to them. “I would rather save you from what is coming if you take our story seriously. I am the least of your worries.”

Once Eydis was seated and had confirmed she basically knew nothing of them, Nefretiri began. “Most of the tale is meant to be a warning of what is coming, which I hope you will believe,” her tone had an air that suggested few took the warning seriously. “But I’ll talk a little bit about Egypt first. Egypt is a hot country in comparison to this place. Yours is too cold for the likes of these,” she held her arms apart to indicate the cats and humans with her and rested them again on the leopards. “Egypt thrives on its agriculture thanks to the yearly flooding of a great river that enriches the land. Long has it been considered advanced in its technologies and medicine and we would teach some of our remedies to those who sought it. I have seen many peoples come and go and settle there. It is a country that has been a center of trade for merchants from many lands. As such it has coveted by outside countries and conquered by them with greater armies for we can provide such armies with food. Before Rome, it was ruled by Greece.

“But after Greece… it is Rome. My home was in the more southern region of the country, away from the capital, and away from much of the travelers. My children were many and the area was also home to a couple settlers of our kind. They knew I was in charge of the area and left us alone save for the occasional socializing. Soon after Rome took over, members of their prominent nightwalker gods (I think she’ll use this to refer to vampires or plain nightwalker) family came to visit us. I thought it was the usual visit I received after such a takeover to make sure I wouldn’t interfere with them or what their country did to mine, you know take back Egypt for the people, so long as they left me alone. That sort of thing is what I expected. I didn’t interfere with the progress of humans, unless of course they tried to needlessly slaughter those close to me. I did help provide for a few families in the area for I considered them mine to care for. From what I understood is that Rome was influenced by Greece so I thought this would be a similar situation. What I didn’t know is that they worshiped their war god more than Greece.

“The talk and meeting started off as I expected. They talked about having some of theirs stay in the area and watch me for a time. As the night went on…”
Nefretiri’s voice carried the emotions of the story in a tangible way. As she started to speak more on Rome the feel of it was angrier. And when she spoke of what happened sorrow became mixed in with that anger. “I sensed something was horribly wrong for my children cried out to me. Then it became apparent that they planned total conquest and were killing all the nightwalkers in Egypt for they came at me. I escaped because I can make the bravest of the brave flinch. Their nightwalkers may have been much younger or overall less powerful, but they were trained like warriors and thus proficient and deadly in their gifts and movements.

“What you see is what is left of my children after Rome came.”
She indicated at three of the vampires with her hand. “This one is another I knew living in the area. Time passed and I lead them back north and would pick at the stragglers or hit close to sunrise. I could last longer in staying up than those fledglings. I ran into no others (vampires) who I knew lived in Egypt besides the Romans.

“Last year Ta-Mieuw gave birth to Sheut Thoth. Sheut Thoth urged me to travel from the country. He is looking for something and would have left on his own, but I knew he is too young and would not survive. My family and the one survivor left along with the humans who wanted to come and help me. At first we followed behind the army; never seeing any surviving nightwalkers. We managed to get around them and ahead always warning those we came across though in probably less detail than you mostly. They were less friendly and pushed us onwards without allowing much talk, not heeding our warning that something far worse was coming. This other one is from such a family. They caught up with us…an army is slow compared to the individual. So we travel and warn those we meet what is coming, not wanting to see all families die out and we would help if we could get enough to believe…or more take us seriously while we search for something Sheut Thoth says he’ll know when he sees it. He has been a good guide and has helped us avoid much of the danger so far.”
She finished with a deep breath as if all that talking left her winded. It truly didn't but it was a lot to say and she cut out a lot of the details. She settled back to try to look as relaxed as possible as she watched Eydis.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:08 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydís’ body held the airs of a queen as she listened to the other vampire tell her tale. It was tragic indeed…to lose one’s children. One’s home. Eydís’ eyes flicked over Nefretiri’s children as she said they were the only ones left. To go from many to three. No maker should have to go through that. There had been periods in the child vampire’s past where she herself had gone into battle. The battles were brief—small, even—compared to what Nefretiri was describing.

Eydís’ expression showed not a shred of the sympathy she may have felt for the other vampire—she was an impartial listener. She took what the other vampire was telling her and committed it to memory. She would remember this. She would remember Nefretiri’s skills and tenacity to live. Mother caught Eydís’ wandering eye—Mother showed her sympathy plainly. However, none could see her. Eydís listened quietly to the remainder of Nefretiri’s tale. She caught the young jaguar’s eye flicking in Mother’s direction for just a moment. Whatever caught his attention did not keep it.

Why would this vampire come to warn me? Eydís wondered to herself silently. Unless this is Rome’s advance guard…As if it was as she described. ”How do I know you and yours are not the guards sent to watch me as you slaughter my children?” She asked slowly, looking over them. Mother’s tail twitched sharply, warning her. ”Hm.” She said softly, her eyes falling again to the black jaguar, ”Mother disagrees. She thinks you can be trusted.” Nevermind that the strangers would not know who “Mother” was. ”And, you do travel with a black jaguar.” It was as if that fact was one of the few that Eydís trusted. The young jaguar came ever closer to her, as if drawn by a magnet. Slowly, slowly he came nearer.

Eydís set her hands firmly to her small thighs. It was trust Mother or die. Very rarely did Mother lead her in the wrong direction. Eydís predicted Mother had one ear cocked toward the Spirit Realm where the Guide was prompting her. Eydís relaxed her posture and gave in.

“Rome’s humans are here now.” Eydís said slowly, after Nefretiri had finished, “slowly they come to us here—taking my people. Praising the glory of their Roman gods. There was an uprising down the river. Closer to the true Celts. I've met refugees who have escaped conscription. They said they fought valiantly, although they were defeated." The vampire made a sound of disgust, "These Roman humans are foreigners, but I must tolerate them. To kill them would be to invite Rome to my doorstep with even greater urgency.” Aelia—one of the vampires Eydís allowed in the area—had said as much. Aelia spoke with the Roman soldiers; she flirted with them, even drank from them. Eydís paused, her eyes in deep thought, “These nightwalkers—these Roman nightwalkers will they stop with your Egypt? Will they stop with that one’s country? Or will they keep going? What do they plan?” It sounded as if the army was headed toward this region. Her home. She could not abide by that. She was the protector—the guardian. These were her people and this was her land. Her expressive eyes narrowed and held now a fierce strategic look, even as they seemed to access worlds beyond. She would need to strengthen her barriers on the borders. It would be good thing to do in any case. She would have to gather her children—the ones practiced in the spirit arts could help. ”How long do I have to prepare? Where are they?” She thought for a moment longer, ”Most importantly, has he—“ she nodded toward the black jaguar, ”—found what he was looking for?” More than anything, she trusted the instincts of a black panther.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:27 pm
Nefretiri seethed with anger for a brief second that was replaced with a bitter and sad smile at Eydis’s obvious question. She decided what Eydis said initially to not be worth the energy to be angry at and to let the insult pass since she redeemed herself. She relaxed against the lion again and gently stroked it and Ta-Mieuw. “I knew whatever it is you’ve been looking and listening to would be wise.”

She watched as her black cat left and crept closer to the other. She looked at Tutankhseneb who was watching Sheut Thoth. You ask too many questions at once to easily have a proper discussion. Let me make it very clear for some of this may sound too fantastic to believe… they will not stop with Egypt; what I told you happened about 50 years ago and they have not stopped since. They will not stop with that country, they will keep going. I think they plan to wipe out all of their competition; in other words any nightwalker outside of their own family. The dominant one in Upper Egypt; gone. All the ones I knew in other lands that are now conquered by Rome are gone. The empire is huge. The humans come, see, and conquer; they want to rule the world. The nightwalkers might too, but without us existing. You have ten, maybe fourteen days before the bulk of the Roman nightwalkers arrive. They are coming from that direction.” She pointed. “I apologize, but I do not know what the land is called. We are from quite far away and this is unknown land to us. It took us several cycles of the moon to get here. And most importantly; Sheut Thoth has found what he is looking for. You are what my precious fledgling has sensed calling to him from so far away.” Though she knew not why, but she could tell from the mannerisms and the way this one held herself she was either old or trying to appear old. She figured she really was old and powerful. “Can you not tell?”  

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:40 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydís' eyes narrowed with the insult, but instead of reacting, she merely shrugged. She asked the questions that needed to be asked--especially in a case such as this. This situation called for haste. Eydís had her home to protect.

Still, the young-looking creature of the night forced herself to listen to the other's response. Eydís' teeth gnashed together with the mention of the time period. So little time to prepare for what had been a massacre to other nightwalker civilizations. "10 to 14 days..." She mused quietly after a pause. She hesitated again, before power began to radiate in small waves off of her. She looked toward Mother. "The lines..." She said to the spirit. Her eyes began to glow with an otherworldly light. Her hair stood on end, before a breeze lifted it up and back from her face. Spirits of other animals began to fill the clearing--hounds and stags, rabbits and ravens. Muninn held court above them all in the tops of the trees. "Secure the borders." She spoke clearly, her voice seeming to hold more power than before. Her eyes alone could see the extent and power of the spirit gathering before her. The moved at once in teams of two, moving in every direction. Out and over the land. The most observant of the vampires in the clearing might have been able to see flashes of white, as if they saw movement out of the very corners of their eyes, but it would be gone the minute they tried to observe it in full.

With a glance back, Mother followed the animals out of the clearing. Her mate Guide took her place. Guide took in the scene before him with majestic ease. His clever eyes regarded the vampires before him. Guide would direct her--guide her.

Nefretiri spoke next about jaguar finding what he was looking for. "He is one of yours." Guide confirmed, tilting his head in the direction of the young black jaguar, "You are meant to share him with her, but he is yours. He has been looking for you." His voice rumbled as he spoke. "I see... She responded before turning her eyes (now dim) back to Nefratiri. It explained the connection she had felt with the jaguar and his coming nearer and nearer. She might have discovered it sooner or later, but in times of war it was better to know these things as quickly as possible. "The important point is, I understand now." She said slowly to the other vampire. Eydís' eyes met the jaguar's and for a brief minute or two they seemed to share an understanding of one another. "Welcome home." She said softly.She paused. Again, she looked toward the other vampire, "Guide informs me that you and I are meant to...share him." Once more, Eydís did not seem to care that she had not explained who Guide was. It was her way of communicating with others. It did not seem as pertinent information at this time to explain Guide and Mother.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:39 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Nefretiri saw things run past her in the corner of her eye though she could not make anything out save for the large cat whose tail she saw flick earlier. She didn’t look at these things directly and kept her eyes on the little goddess who could command the unseen. If they were spirits or something else she was unsure. Tutankhseneb looked this way and that sensing a strong presence around him. Some of the others shifted from either seeing the things around them or being afraid by what they saw of the girl. She resisted an urge to get up and become defensive at the girls display of power. As their leader she had to remain collected and appear not troubled in the slightest by this display. She obviously wasn’t attacking them with it, but she still wondered at what she talked to…spirit or invisible entity? Were these things able to attack them and would she be able to call on so many if she was out of her land? What affect did this display have on her? Did it tire her any? Her people turned to the beautiful one and saw that she looked calm and were eased a little; those who appeared like they might have been ready to get defensive also settled down. She watched her cat and the child like goddess have a moment and felt a twinge of jealousy. And don’t forget that I brought him to you and that he is the baby of my baby. If we are meant to share him it stands to reason that we are meant to have some form of cooperative relationship does it not? The jaguar looked back at her. She stared back at her baby and her eyes went to Eydis again. She was however growing a little impatient of all the actions this one took without explanation. If there wasn’t that something about her in the way this other one did it, she might feel threatened. How do you think we should go about that?  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:26 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Had she had a more down-to-earth personality, Eydís probably would have sensed the extent of Nefretiri's discomfort. But down-to-earth Eydís was not. She was observant and strategic this much was true...But she was often in her own world. Or rather, in the in-between. Between the here and there. The shadow place. The spirit world.

What Eydís could see was Nefretiri's sense of power and control over her troops. She could imagine the human's discomfort over her display (although she had not been in the state of mind where she could actually see it at the time). The beautiful one seemed to be attempting to curry favor. But then, she also had questions of her own. Eydís' eyes glanced toward Guide for help. His own gaze was unfocused--he was synthesizing the information he was receiving from the other spirits. While Eydís herself could have served as that point of reference and received the data into her own mind, it helped to have one filter it for it. It allowed her to focus on other things.

Right now she had to rely on her own wits. "Mm. I will not forget it. As I am sure you will not forget that he was leading you to me." Eydís answered slowly, no sense of superiority in her tone, "I do believe it means that we are to act cooperatively." She glanced again to Guide but he was still distracted, "I am not sure at what extent. I do believe at this point, sharing information is an important aspect." Eydís thought for another moment with a pause, "As a gesture of good will, I will tell you something just as you have told me. The moon wolves will come with the full-bodied moon. This will be in two to three nights.” Her mouth turned downward into a frown, ”I would not risk your camp on them. They are many and they are strong. Some members of the pack even have abilities that differ from that of other moon wolves.” She shook her head, ”No. I would not risk the camp this close to war.”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:46 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

The vampire sighed inwardly without showing it on her person. The advice though helpful for survival was vague. She basically was told that I would not be here if I were you within a few evenings, but where would they stay? Could they approach a house like in Greece or Rome and ask for refuge to stay there? She wasn't sure. She really despised this dense forested land and wished to return to the more dry regions of the south or to head east to see what the other great empire she has heard of was like (China had been unified about 300 years prior to this and was going through its Han dynasty (yay Confucius<- he's already dead though)). She was tempted to do just that. "That advice is very gracious of you, but where can we stay?"  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:15 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Guide, although still distracted looked at his master with a sense of expectation. His gaze had shifted somewhere in that time from unfocused to more understanding. It shifted back and forth. The vampire had asked a needed question, although Eydís had not had the where with all to expect it. There were of course many places where her troop could stay. While Eydís was unsure if any of the villagers would take on strangers, there were other nearby regions. There was the mountainside, the valley near the riverbed. Still, was that very kind? There were still dangers in those areas...

Eydís' gaze returned to the other night-walker. "I see how that piece of advice may not be as... practical as it could be.” She allowed, "I understand you may not know the terrain here enough to find safe haven.” Out of the corner of her eye, Eydís looked again to Guide, his tail twitched on the rock. She knew what he wanted her to do, but she still was unsure if she even wanted to do it. "If you can trust me and my children and if I can trust you and yours...I may have a place for you to stay.” Eydís stated.

RP Worlds THoR: Alternate Universe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff