Welcome to Gaia! ::

Modifoxes

Back to Guilds

The current Modifoxes shop guild! 

Tags: modifox, modis, breedables, adoptables, adopts 

Reply ● RP Forum
[FIN!] I will follow you anywhere (Makani/Violet) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:15 pm
jinxgirl5

words 242

“Rabbits might be a safe bed if you can den them and dig them out. Birds are much harder if they decided to flap off into a tree.” She considered a deer but finding a deer trail and hunting from there could be some work. She looked back at the work she had done in the den so far. Manaki was right of course but she never really had a problem waking up a bit cold. He would though and that bothered her. Poking her head out again she grinned at him. “Well I’ll work on finding a few things to help keep the spot warm. Small air pockets in the loose soil normally provide enough insulation for me, but something really soft would be a nice change.” While she had visited her mother she was treated to a life of what felt like luxury with a nice soft bedding and food available without having to hunt. That was the life in a tribe though. It was perhaps something she really missed besides her mother even if she really loved to travel with Makani. She was spoiled growing up with a nice big tribe where there were those would could just hunt if they loved hunting and others who could stay at the tribe’s dens and keep them warm and clean.

Pulling herself out of the the impromptu shelter she started to think about different kinds of bedding that she could use.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:41 pm
Reoakee

Word count: 192

Makani made a face. He certainly knew what a pain it was trying to catch something that could fly. Most weren't more than a mouthful, so not worth the effort. He only messed with ground birds. Turkey, pheasant. He'd heard of chickens, but didn't think you'd find any in the wild around here. Those spent a whole lot of time on the ground and preferred these quick bursts of speed to get away from predators to flying. Maybe they couldn't fly? He didn't remember. They seemed to rely mainly on excellent camouflage, so it was difficult to spot them.

"I'll take a look and see if I can find something," he said, looking around and trying to pick a direction that might be promising. He trotted off through the trees, not bothering to move silently at first but the further he got from their chosen camp the more he went into his stealth mode. He was quite proud at how quiet his walk could be when he put in the effort. He had to be quiet though; with his bright blue coat, it wasn't like he could just blend into the forest!

(( I'm gonna do like a small time skip in my next post, make it just getting dark and Makani returning from his hunting trip. So if you want to skip now, or just talk about Vi finding nest-y stuff and skip after I skip, either works. ))  

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:18 pm
jinxgirl5

words 206

Vi laughed to herself as she watched Makani take off before she turned her thoughts to bedding. There was likely a few kinds of moss around that would be easy enough to use. Still it might be a bit frosty to start off. Instead she took her time searching for young supple branches that could be easily stripped down and the pine needles were soft and cushy. She also dug up a small shrug she could break apart into pieces and make a small semi circle to keep the wind off them at the entrance. It would be help to make the sleeping spot for the den nice and cozy for their night stay. Vi was a bit sad that the bush and branches would be dead, but she would set them just outside the shelter when they would go the next morning so it might be of use to any animal that wanted a nibble on the leaves.

It took her quite some time to gather everything she needed and it took time to set up the bedding herself. Looking outside for Makani she noticed it was getting dark outside. She hopped he would get back safe and didn’t end up lost or in trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:38 pm
Reoakee

Word count: 422

About that time Makani trotted back into their makeshift camp, a pair of rabbits swinging from his jaws and the most disgruntled expression on his face.

It had been a wretched hunting trip. He preferred the ground birds when he could get them, since all he had to do was silently sneak. However there were either none about or they'd all settled down for the night. Either way, no bird for dinner. There was the scent of rabbits and a sign here or there, so he decided giving those a shot. Except he'd been spotted before he could nab anything, and the stupid thing started thumping on the ground to warn any other rabbits in the vicinity that there was a hunter about. So all the rabbits had gone to ground. He had leapt for the "sentry" rabbit, but it bolted down a hole and into its warren.

At that point Makani would normally have given up. He hated digging out rabbits; it got one horribly messy and there was no guarantee you'd get anything since the hole could be extremely deep or have a back exit. It was only the thought that Violet was back there waiting for him, depending on him to bring them food and so confident that he would manage, that made him grit his teeth and get to digging in what felt like half-frozen soil. Luck was with him this time. There was no bolt hole, and there were two fully grown rabbits in the shelter. Both had worked themselves up so badly over all the sounds of a predator digging in that he easily caught and killed them both.

That was when his next challenge presented itself. Tired from all that digging but needing to hurry because the sun was setting, he managed to get turned around on his way back to their temporary den. He had to spend a heck of a lot longer than he would have liked trying to get back on the right track. But here he was now, finally.

He trotted up to Violet and deposited the rabbits on the ground, face still showing some of the disgruntled displeasure from his trip. The expression did smooth out a bit when he looked up into Violet's orange eyes. "Sorry that took so long. There's a nice little clearing, just a bit up. Maybe five minutes walking. It would be a good place to eat, so the smell of blood doesn't attract unwanted visitors to our den in the middle of the night."

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:19 pm
jinxgirl5

words 462

Vi felt so bad seeing Makani’s face while he came up. Seeing him soften a bit made her smile. She nodded at him moving to follow him in the darkness. “Of course.” She didn’t bother to tell him that on a cool night like this there was likely not to be too many predators and those who did come were likely not to be too much of a threat for two adult foxes if they took turns to keep watch. Still if this measure were taken they would sleep better, and the bedding wouldn’t end up cold due to blood. “Thank you for doing all that hard work.” She was still dirty from turning up soil in the den for the night, and now he was dirty from hunting. She laughed to herself deciding to spare Makani’s dignity. “If you’d like I can help brush you off a bit out here. This way you feel better and don’t have as much soil in your fur.” She knew she had some dusting off to do herself.

She moved next to him and brushed her side next to his to help brush the both of them off to start, to stay next to him in the coming darkness, and because she rather enjoyed it. She was with him in a much more profound way than she had been before. Who could have imagined that getting yelled at was a reason to smile? She wasn’t bold as some foxes but she was determined to be a bit more assertive than before. How many days and nights had been lost because she never admitted to her feelings and he was too polite to say a word? She still wasn’t ready for a lot of things but this was an action that she could do and was ok with. After all she had traveled so far with him and even considered taking him to see her mother, had Makani been more tolerable to the cold or to other foxes. She kept moving in path with him smiling to herself. “Makani before you traveled with me and after you and your sister separated where you lonely?”

She would have been horribly lonely and in fact she had been when they first met. Perhaps it was because of that and his gentleness toward her that made her fall so head over tail for him. “I grew up in a busy boisterous tribe. It might be loud at times but there are others to support and help you and in spite of it all it’s warm and loving. If you hadn’t started to travel with me do you think you would have joined a tribe in time?” She couldn’t imagine Makani being all alone in life. it was just wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:48 pm
Reoakee

Word count: 466

Makani scooped up the rabbits and let Violet take the lead, though he feel in right behind here and with a momentary trot managed to get in just a step back from her shoulder. Since his mouth was full of fur-covered flesh he was hardly able to make conversation, but he did make an affirmative noise that he hoped sounded appreciative to Violet's offer to help him brush the dirt out of his fur.

He continued holding the rabbits when the reached the clearing and Violet began brushing against him to remove the direct from their bright blue and snowy white coats. Mostly it was to keep any excess dirt from falling on the dinner; partially it was a good excuse to mask any sounds he might have made. He wasn't sure what he expected when Violet offered to brush off the dirt, but this hadn't been it. Had his mouth not been otherwise occupied he might have made an undignified squeak of surprise. Well, at least he was able to save face just a teeny bit. When Violet was done he moved away from the area to set the rabbits down on cleaner ground, then turned and gave her an appreciative smile. "Thank you for that. I hate sleeping with dirt in my fur, makes it that much harder to groom out later."

He waited politely for her to choose the first rabbit, but instead she asked a question. A frown formed on his face. Lonely? He hadn't really considered it before now, so he stopped to think about it. "I don't believe so," he said, still combing through his mind trying to find what he might have been feeling on that day long ago. "I was too busy, too tired, and too full of indirect negative thoughts towards this land and fate that I didn't have much time for feeling lonely. Perhaps I would have felt it more as I got better at things and had more spare time to ponder my situation, but I met you before things could get to that level."

He gave her another smile, then moved on to think about the second part of her question. This one didn't take nearly so long as the first. "I might have, but it wouldn't have been anywhere around here. I would have begun traveling until I found either my home island or a place with a similar climate. I have heard of, though never met, a tribe of foxes that lives on their own series of islands." He gave a small shrug. "If I could not find my sister and it seemed there was no hope of ever finding her, and I felt the need for company, it would have been a tribe such as that that I would have joined."

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:38 pm
jinxgirl5

words 513

Vi snagged a rabbit and tugged it aside listening to him she didn’t make comment on his sleeping with dirty fur because her heart was hammering to hard for her to speak on that more. While he talked she let her heart settle to a more reasonable rate. So his negative view had kept loneliness at bay? She couldn’t imagine that. When she had first left her mother’s tribe all the sad thoughts or even semi negative ones had fed her own loneliness until it choked her. Crunching down into the rabbit she listened to his ideal kind of tribe. Warm with water. She didn’t think she could join a tribe that never saw snow. It was a part of her just like her own markings. Maybe a tribe that let her visit the snow was fine but snow made her think of her family and friends in the Yukon Gang. She nodded and make the proper polite noises of listening while she ate. Eating kept her mouth busy so she didn’t need to talk. Makani wouldn’t like a tribe in this area and she didn’t want to leave him. Not now not ever. Should she tell him that she was missing tribe life or just keep silent and keep moving with him? Never had she imagined that traveling with him could be a life time. She had dreams of course but it was an actual possibility now. She let him eat so that she could work through all her maze of thoughts. When they both were finished she started to dig a hole for the remains.

“Makani I don’t really know where the tribe is here.” It was time to come clean. “I was hoping to get some hint of them in the area or signs that would point to them in the next few days. Originally it was to find your sister.” She cleared her throat. “I know that’s not the only thing keeping you here now, but I thought it was. When we finally found her, I was. I was going to let you go and then head back to my mother’s tribe. I know it wasn’t really the ideal solution, but how could I follow you. I would have only been in the way. I don’t know tropical places and the snow is really a part of me, besides I’m really a tribe fox. I was raised in a place that each fox put their skills and likes to use to help support the whole tribe. I know you dislike many things about this land and different tasks about living in this land, but together it really isn’t so bad. I know you like places that aren’t so cold though.” And she was rambling now more than she ever had in front of him. Worse she didn’t really know the point of it now. Before it was just to let him know what she had been going to do. Now she didn’t know if she was asking him to join a tribe or just admitting she was completely lost.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:54 pm
Reoakee

Word count: 305

Makani kept silent while Violet talked, and for several minutes after. What she was saying wasn't something that should be responded to with the first words from the top of one's head, after all. He munched slowly through his rabbit while he let his brain turn over and run through everything, crunching on the bones and getting the tasty marrow out of them.

"There has to be a medium somewhere," he said finally, unable to come up with an answer and figuring maybe if he mulled aloud between the two of them they could figure something out. "At this point when it comes to my sister, it might be better for me to just stay in one place. Obviously she isn't, or we might have heard something by now. If I stay somewhere, then eventually, if she's looking, she'll be able to find me a lot easier."

He sighed softly and dug absently at the soil, slowing scratching up a hole in the ground even though most of his rabbit was gone at this point. "There has to be a tribe somewhere that the two of us can agree on," he mused, orange eyes peering into the forest as though he hoped the answer would just come strolling out from between the trees. "The world isn't just hot or tropics. We've mainly stuck around this area since we figured it was the most likely spot Miliani would be, and your family is closer." He finally looked at Violet. "What if....what if we traveled a bit? Maybe further south? Places where it's warmer and more mild most of the year, but still gets snow in the winter? Maybe if we find a spot we both can agree on, there might be a tribe somewhere in the area. I can't imagine why there wouldn't be, somewhere."

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:12 pm
jinxgirl5

words 311

The silence was torturous. She thought perhaps he would scoff or tease her at all, but she should have known better. Makani’s words made hre realizes how much she loved him. Her heart swelled and she moved to help him dig a hole to place the carcasses of their kills. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes sparkled so much. Her voice was soft and sweet and showed just how awed she was by him. “You are amazing Makani.” She moved from his side to take the kill he got for her and dispose of what was left. “Of all the things that could have happened between the two of us was this ever on your mind?” Chuckling softly she thought of all their time together in the sun and the rain. The way she felt seeing his face after visiting her family. Yes with him it was possible to strike a balance because he was a gentleman and a knight protecting her and keeping her safe and happy.

She whipped her paws against one another to dust them off. Then she cleaned her paws rubbing her paws on her maw to clean that. A large part of her wanted to snuggle up next to Makani and thoroughly groom him as a well. Her heart might give out though if she tried. The earlier dust off she gave him while walking was as bold as she could start on her own. He was so wonderful but she wasn’t as bold as him, even knowing that he loved her and would let her; most likely. She was looking forward to snuggling up next to him tonight though. Setting that day dream aside she realized she should give him a solid yes or no answer. “Yes, a place with seasons would be wonderful.” That small ball of light in her heart was bursting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:42 pm
Reoakee

Word count: 336

Makani looked mildly surprised at her words, but then he simply chuckled. "Isn't that what love is," he asked. "When you stop looking at things from the angle of what you want to and begin considering what your partner might want?" To him it was only natural to consider it that way. To fall in love with someone and then begin trying to change them to your own wants...wasn't it just destroying the very thing you fell in love with? There might not always be a way to make sure both parties were one hundred percent happy, but compromise made sure you could continue being yourselves.

He went over and helped Violet brush off the dirt in places she couldn't easily reach on her own. If his paws maybe lingered a little longer than they should of he just told himself he was being thorough and making sure nothing remained to stain that lovely white fur. It would be entirely boorish of him to assume just because their relationship had taken on a new perspective that suddenly he could be free to do as he wished. It would also be completely greedy when Violet had just accepted his feelings for her and admitted she returned them. No, he would not cheapen the moment when all he had to do was be patient and let things bloom on their own. Such a flower would be healthier and far more beautiful.

Once he felt like his help was beginning to step over those "too soon" lines he backed off and carefully transferred the remains of their meals into the hole Violet had dug, and just as carefully began heaping the dirt over top of them. "Well, unless you feel there's anything else that needs to be done, should we retire to our temporary den for the night," he asked, looking up briefly to give her a warm, almost shy, even, glance before returning his attention to getting the last of the dirt in the hole exactly so.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:12 pm
jinxgirl5

words 327

“Love might be all that, but I never really expected..” She blushed. “You are simply amazing.” While he helped her clean up she tried to keep the happy noised of being petted quite to nonexistent. Of course a few escaped here and there, but Makani was far too nice to say anything. Ever the gentleman she was grateful because even this level of attention made her swoon. When he finished and even was gallant enough to take care of the rest of their meal. Yes they really should head back to the den now. “Yes, yes you’re right.” She waited until he was done before starting back toward their den for the night.

It was so easy to be with Makani even if her head didn’t let her find the words or she ended up stammering over them sometimes. He was just so amazing and kind. By the time she got back to the den she was so happy to have gotten so much settled with him. It was true they hadn’t found a tribe to join yet, and they didn’t know where to start really, but there was an idea. A place of seasons and open enough that Makani’s sister could find them if she wanted to. Makani might have given up on finding her but Vi knew a part of her would always hope to meet the vixen. It just wouldn’t be right to have a family and not meet all the members eventually.

Curling the soft scent of pine played on her nose making her smile. Makani’s warmth added to hers would make her feel comfortable no doubt with the pine and turned up soil. “Makani thank you.” Her voice was soft and held a warmth she wasn’t used to expressing. “I’m so glad that I met you and stayed with you during that rain.” She blinked and snuggled up close to him trying to keep him as warm as he was keeping her.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:26 pm
Reoakee

Word count: 245

Makani let Violet settle down in the den first, waiting until she'd finished wiggling into a comfortable position before he joined her. He was very delicate as he moved the leaves and pine needles, trying not to rake them over Violet when he made a depression for himself at her back. He settled in just as carefully, wiggling a little to push the foliage in a mound around his back and sides while making sure the side of him touching Violet was comfortably placed. It still got cold out at night so this technically wasn't anything they hadn't done before. Looking back, knowing how he felt about Violet and guessing how she felt about him, there had been some nights that began with them so curled up together that they must have been a combination of fantasy and torture. They had been to him, at least.

Once he was placed just so he hesitated a moment, then decided it wouldn't hurt to take a little advantage. It wouldn't be that cold out tonight to warrant it, but all the same he curled his fluffy tail over Violet's hindquarters and back paws, and slowly moved his head so that his neck followed the curve of hers and his head was resting ever so slightly against the top of her head. "I'm glad you let me stay," he said softly into the growing darkness, a warm, tender smile on his face, even though Violet couldn't see it.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:16 am
jinxgirl5

words 268

Violet nearly wanted to purr in pleasure this would be the best night to start. She could actually curl up next to Makani and not just dream of having him hold her with meaning, but to actually know he was around her protecting her because she was dear to him. He had always taken such good care of her, but more often than not she thought it was simply the way he was. Makani was rough of voice and of comment, yet the gentlest fox of action and morals. As he moved beside her she could feel his breathing which seemed to take on a new more important significance to her. It was strange what they were doing wasn’t anything new to them; however all if it felt new and strangely wonderful. She had butterflies dancing about her stomach but in a happy not a nervous way. When he moved to keep her even warmer she was thrilled.

“I’m glad you chose too.” She flicked her ears slowly up to rub his neck just a bit before relaxing them more so she could sleep easily. Next time she went to visit her mother she would have to bring Makani along or have her mother come away from the tribe for a while to visit him. She was certain her family would like him after all he was a gentleman of the noblest heart and he was her special person that she wouldn’t give up for the world. “Thank you so much.” She didn’t specify for what the thank you was for. There was no need Makani always understood.

(mmm Jinx just beat me if I miss an RP reply for too long. Seriously I give you full permission PM, Skype however you need to do it.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:37 pm
Reoakee
Ditto XD Sorry the post is so short! Your post should be the last one, then we can call this roleplay finished. Skype me with with one you want to pick up next!

Word count: 126

Makani's body rumbled ever so softly as he chuckled deep in his throat. Wasn't that stealing his line? He could easily think of dozens of places along the way of their association that Violet would have been in her right to send him off, and she never had. He tried not to question it too much, but he knew he would always hold at least some sense of wonder that this beautiful lady chose him to stand by her side for the rest of their lives.

"Likewise," he said softly into the gloom, then settled to let sleep drape her mantle of them. There would always be another day, and now he knew for the rest of his days his love would be at his side.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:35 pm
jinxgirl5

words 142

The noises he made comforted Violet and made her feel safe and secure. With him wrapped around her smaller frame she had no idea how they would go about tomorrow but she was glad to be with Makani and looked forward to the unknown with joy and no trepidation. The revelation was amazing enough to her and one of her last thoughts was that she was going to have a lot to tell her family on her next visit back to the mountains. For now sleep claimed her and gentle dreams visited her making her smile during her slumber as the moonlight shown down on a shelter where two hearts were beating as one. Outside of the shelter a single little firefly danced about in the dark for a moment before winking out into blackness as though it feared disturbing the pair.

(The post is always a perfect length after all it’s a post from an RP partner and those are loved greatly. Sorry I haven’t been on all that much. RL beat me with a stick and a tire iron.)  
● RP Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff