Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply The Literate Spam Guild
SO FOR PEOPLE WHO MISSED THE NEWS ON FACEBOOK Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

At least I can make nurses crack up
  Even coming out of anesthesia, which ******** sucks.
View Results

Arianah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:32 pm
Well, s**t. This is not what I wanted to read when I came into this thread. I'm sorry all this is happening. But you can totally rock an eye patch.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:55 am
Wisdom Chyck
Felin Greenleaf
Actually they usually refuse live donations, I'd have been a special case.
NOTE I USED THE PAST TENSE.
Turns out my cornea is also crap.

AND ADDY WINS THE IDEA.
Whelp, dat sucks.
I take it you had the surgery done then? No more eyeball for Felin? :C
Also, how are you feeling? Are you still sore?
I'm being such a momma hen right now but I worrrriiiiieeeee.....
Losing a friggin' EYE (not to mention depth perception) is not an every day thang
*huuuuuugs*

SADLY NO, THEY REFUSE TO TAKE IT OUT.
I don't have another appointment until next year.
As for sore, my eye still gets like...Swollen every so often, it's obnoxious.
Though oddly enough my depth perception is only really bothered at really specific angles.
Like if I'm sitting on a chair and someone is sitting on the floor close to me and hands something upward at like a 45 degree angle then I'm a fraction of an inch off when I close my hand to grab it.
I've been getting better about it steadily, though after half a year I'd hope I'd be learning to compensate.  

Felin Greenleaf

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:40 pm
Felin Greenleaf
Though oddly enough my depth perception is only really bothered at really specific angles.
Like if I'm sitting on a chair and someone is sitting on the floor close to me and hands something upward at like a 45 degree angle then I'm a fraction of an inch off when I close my hand to grab it.
I've been getting better about it steadily, though after half a year I'd hope I'd be learning to compensate.
HERPDERP NEVERMIND
You can see my dumbness in Chino's post dramallama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:39 pm
Wisdom Chyck
Felin Greenleaf
WAIT WAIT WHOA HOLD THE GOD DAMNED ******** PHONE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this whole shitstorm started because your eye detached from the retina, right?
Doesn't that mean...........

(... I'm gonna make myself and anyone who reads this sick, but here goes...)

Doesn't that mean you've got a useless eyeball floating around in your eye socket....??
(That is I assume it's useless. Is it?)
I mean for heaven's sake, if it's not attached to anything and it's not functioning...
Is it even getting oxygen via blood vessels? Won't it... for lack of a better term, "go bad"...?

(I can't believe I just wrote that asdfghjkl)

I don't understand... it's detached, it refuses to reattach... and they're just gonna LEAVE it in there??
... you can't see me, but I'm making desperate and confused gestures right now.
User Image
WTF
Retina detaching != eyeball detaching from the optical nerve and muscles.
Retinal detachment means the that inner lining of your eyeball (which is what collects the light coming into your eye and changes it into electrical impulses to send to the brain) is detaching from the INSIDE of the eyeball. The eye itself is still attached to the optical nerves and muscles.

Detachment looks like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Basically, Felin can move his eye right, left, up, down, etc like anyone else. His iris will dilate and contract like anyone else's. However, depending on how much of his retina is ******** up, he may still have a bit of vision left in it, but probably not enough to be useful.  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:44 pm
chinotenshi
Retinal detachment means the that inner lining of your eyeball (which is what collects the light coming into your eye and changes it into electrical impulses to send to the brain) is detaching from the INSIDE of the eyeball. The eye itself is still attached to the optical nerves and muscles.

Basically, Felin can move his eye right, left, up, down, etc like anyone else. His iris will dilate and contract like anyone else's. However, depending on how much of his retina is ******** up, he may still have a bit of vision left in it, but probably not enough to be useful.
*WHEW!* That's kind of a relief, but still really nasty...
Thank you for clearing that up, Chino! <3
Obviously I have no knowledge of how dem eyeballs work.

COMPLETELY DISREGARD MY PREVIOUS POST I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT KTHX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:20 pm
Wisdom Chyck
chinotenshi

*WHEW!* That's kind of a relief, but still really nasty...
Thank you for clearing that up, Chino! <3
Obviously I have no knowledge of how dem eyeballs work.

COMPLETELY DISREGARD MY PREVIOUS POST I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT KTHX

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:55 am
Chino is correct save for one part.
The oil has to stay in my eye so my pupil will forever be the weird cat-eye shape and the eye is pretty much always bloodshot.
It looks weird so I still just keep it closed or wear a patch.  
The Literate Spam Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff