Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
A Cursed Knight (Greedy Fatcat and Okami A.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:26 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna hadn't even moved before Rakil decided to drag him away.

"Wait. Wait! Ra---Raine. What's happening? Explain what just happened," he hissed in a whispered voice, seeing as how they were not to be seen. Who was there attacker? Where did he go? What did Rakil know?

Reguna could only be helped with being dragged around. It was always like this, being kept in the dark about things. So Reguna decided he could wait and shut up for a moment. Though he was most concerned with Rakil's wellbeing. She was far more noticeable with her red hair than he was as king. Especially if she was wanted. Besides, the black hair would not do him any good in the palace. He supposed it would do more harm than good at this point, especially if there were to be caught by any guards.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:40 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I paused, shoving the king roughly into a nook and I stepped in after him, pressing myself against him for a moment. With a hissed whisper, the darkness of the shadowed palace collected into an unnaturally dark shadow around us. It was... cold. Very cold. Like being seeped in creeping ice.

A guard walked past, oblivious to our presence.

When he was gone, I peered back out of the nook. Seeing the coast was clear, I started dragging him again.

I just turned that assassin into a knife, I whispered, just loud enough for Reguna to hear as I kept an eye our for guards. I peered into his memories to find that the senate hired him to kill you! He was a master too; the only reason I got the drop on him was because he wasn't expecting you to be hanging with a magic user.

Hiding in nooks or small rooms continued like this until we reached the doors to the gardens. I glanced up; night was starting to fall, which means that we had until moonrise to get over the garden wall. This was the guard rotation time for the garden, and it was usually empty this time of day due to it. At least, it had been last time I was in the castle.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:19 am
Okami Ameras

Reguna couldn't say he enjoyed being dragged around. His face was dark, as he was in thoughts. An assassin sent by the senate. The senate. His well-trusted advisors. His father's well-trusted advisors. He scoffed at the thought. This was the government that his country was built on? Could Reguna trust Rakil to say such irreverence? No, that would mean doubting Rakil. Doubting their very own bond as friends. Reguna kept his indecision in his thoughts and only there, not wanting to voice his incertitude.

At last, we stood in the gardens. I stopped Rakil by the arm, looking into her face with a serious expression. "Wait, wait. If we're keeping a low profile, then wouldn't a missing assassin sent by the senate to kill a king be somewhat…alarming?" He paused, looking around. No one was in the gardens at this time of night. He then looked back to Rakil. "Couldn't you have erased his memory? Or stupefied him instead of turning him into a knife?" This wasn't the first time an assassin was sent to kill Reguna. None of them obviously succeeded, and Reguna learned early on that he shouldn't take offense to it. Assassins were something every king dealt with, and Reguna had trained in preparation of one. But the fact that he knew the senate had sent this particular assassin concerned him. Was this the first time? Reguna had a feeling it wasn't. And if this particular assassin didn't return with a report of the situation, then the senate would know that the king was not only gone, but had managed to make an assassin disappear as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:44 am
Greedy Fat Cat

I smiled at him before I looked about the deserted garden. I let go as I started to stride towards the garden wall.

I turned him into a knife as a message to them. If you simply disappeared-- that would mean you were dead and he did his job, and they would hurry to replace you. If both you and he disappears, then they might think you were kidnapped... that throws things into confusion. No one has any idea what went on. Did he kidnap you? Did the mysterious cloaked lady kidnap you? It stalls for time. They might be able to track us, but with my horse they'll have a hard time of it.

I turned and glanced back at Reguna, before glancing away slightly. I hope he didn't see the light blush on my cheeks.

Besides... it was the first spell come to mind. Old friend loyalties and all. Messing with minds isn't a particularly noble thing to do. I can't say turning people into inanimate objects is either, but it's less... excruciatingly painful?  

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:31 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna looked down. But then the senate would be on a king hunt. He also couldn't understand the use of magic against a man, especially when Rakil was one himself. Was Rakil no different than any other magic user out there? He couldn't say.

But Rakil had a point, to which Reguna kept quiet. He looked around before moving forward. He rubbed his hands together, looking up at the garden wall before him. "Well then, if the senate will be looking for us, we better get running. You don't know how annoyingly quick the senate is in catching me when I get into trouble," he muttered. He then turned his attention back to the wall before making a few steps back to give him a running start. He then used the wall as a boost, catching the top with his hands. He pulled himself up with a grunt before looking back at Rakil. He didn't doubt that Rakil had the ability to make it up before Reguna hopped over the other side.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:56 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I looked up at the wall and ran at it, scaling the wall easily and vaulting over it.

In a flurry or red cloth and fur I landed on my feet and looked about, pressing my back to the wall. There was trees here, no guards patrolling.

I put my hands to my face, cupped in a certain way, and blew into them. The sound... it sounded kind of like an owl.

After a few moment, up clopped Astra, my mare. She had pale golden fur in the moonlight and a soft white mane. She whinnied. I stroked her nose before putting a foot in the stirrup of her saddle and easily mounting her. She pranced, lightly, and I leaned down to offer a hand to Reguna to help him up behind me.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:41 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna climbed on top of the golden horse with ease behind Rakil. He looked to the wall, the edge of his palace, his home and bid it a silent farewell. Hopefully, upon return, he can bring justice in hand.

Reguna then leaned forward, to make sure he had a stable seat behind Rakil. He had ridden on a horse with a lady before, but for some reason he was a bit embarrassed to be sitting behind Rakil. However, he knew not to care for it now. Only that he should rely on Rakil to lead them to their destination, wherever that may be.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

We rode quietly out of the capitol city. There was no one awake to see our passing, save for the very light underworld element that was present everywhere... The thieves and others who knew better then to mess with the two of us.

It was like Deja vu. Once again, I was riding out of the capital on Astra's back, on a mission to track down a magical user. But this time I had my best friend behind me on my horse. How any more parallels to my life as a knight would I find?

Once we passed the houses and they vanished on the road behind us, with only the trees to witness our travel through the country, I glanced back briefly to Reguna.

You've probably never traveled like this before... hold on to me tight. We're going to put some distance between us and this city and any pursuers. Ok?

I turned back to the front, letting Reguna get ready. I reached up and ran my fingers fondly through Astra's silver mane. After a moment the mane seemed to shudder, then start to rise upward on it's own. Her name lit, and turned from normal silky fur to glorious silver flames. The flames didn't burn us, and after a moment a horn rose from her forehead as her hooves seemed to glow silver as did her eyes.

During my time studying alone in the tower, my horse had turned into a Firemane. T'was the damnest thing. But she was VERY fast now, if she wanted to be...

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:35 pm
Okami Ameras

To say that Reguna didn't expect…this, was an understatement. He gripped Rakil's waist, squeezing his eyes shut. Rakil had…definitely changed, and everything along with him. Everything about his old friend seems to be magical. He managed to open one of his eyes.

The fire did not burn Rakil's hands and eager to try this out as well, Reguna leaned forward a little bit against Rakil's back to touch the mane himself. It didn't burn him either. Reguna reclined, but he couldn't not hold on for much longer, the horse running too fast for Reguna to comprehend.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:11 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I smiled as I held on tight with my legs as Astra sped up in her run. The world started to blur as she lowered her body as she galloped. Reguna could see, if he opened his eyes, a bee hovering near a flower, and he could clearly count it's wingbeats...

I leaned down and pressed my hand against her flank as I dropped the reigns.

To the west now, girl. Let's disappear!

Astra leapt over a log, and her hooves left a trail of flame in her wake as she continued to climb into the air. The world was still as we ascended into the air towards the sky.

With her long, careful, and calculated steps we rocketed off towards the west.

~~~

I guided Astra down smack dab in the center of a wood. We had traveled a third of the way already; probably mere minutes had passed since we had left. No need to push Astra too hard too fast; she was used to carrying one body, not two. I had kept a hand on Reg's arms which were wrapped around my waist securely the entire way.

I glanced about at the wood. The woods were dry and full of brush, and I had been worried she'd start a fire if she continued her dance of fire over the wood.

Thankfully, I knew there was a small village nearby, where I would be welcome; I knew the place well. I glanced back to Reguna to see how he was doing, before urging her on towards the village. As she trotted on complacently, I ran my fingers through her flame mane again, and she once again took on her mundane horsey appearance.

It took not five minutes later when we reached the village. I guided my steed to the inn, where I glanced back at Reguna.

This will be a safe place for the night... need to give Astra some rest.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:29 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna usually didn't get motion sickness, but he was eager to get off the horse. A hell ride, really. He slipped off the saddle the moment the opportunity allowed him and ran a hand through his wind-crazed hair. He paced a bit, to put some feeling back into his legs a little. He then looked around the village. Reguna travelled a bit, but not very often. He didn't recognize this particular place, but almost every village was similar.

I held my cloak closer to my body, rubbing the ring on my finger that made my hair jet black. "I trust you," Reguna said after a little bit, looking over his shoulder to look at Rakil. He then began walking towards the inn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:55 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I wondered about that as Reguna said those words. I dismounted myself, and I lead Astra into the stables, where I ushered her into a stall and pulled a sack from my bag, where I threw it at my steed's hooves. I took off her saddle and started to brush her coat down attentively.

Astra nuzzled open the sack and started to eat. It was hard to tell in the dark, but it was a sack of demon meat. Yeah... she went from eating hay to demon meat. Quite funny, right?

Still, my mind was on Reguna. Reguna never had to say that to me before before. That he trusted me. Then again, I pretty much turned his world upside down today... maybe he is having doubts.

The thought made me frown in worry. I shook my head with a sigh as I finished brushing out Astra's coat. I patted her shoulder and headed out of the stall to follow Reguna into the Inn/Tavern.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:43 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna entered the inn, which had quieted since he entered. He gained a few eyes, but that was to be expected of a stranger to this village. Reguna stood there a little awkwardly, but didn't have to wait long for Rakil to enter behind him. He looked at her for a split second before moving to the counter.

"I would like two rooms. Or one room with two beds. Whatever's cheaper," I asked of the inn keeper, who eyed Reguna's face and then clothing. He didn't see much, since Reguna's cloak wrapped around him. He looked sceptic of Reguna, who didn't offer much to convince the innkeeper.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I followed Reguna over to the counter as I lowered my hood. The innkeeper smiled broadly at me, having had my patronage before.

"New companion?" He asked, conversationally. "It's always nice to see you again, Raine."

Old friend. I replied with an amiable smile, as I leaned against the counter with a sway of my hips.

"Well, we only have one room available, but it does have two beds. It's all yours, Raine and her old friend." He turned and picked up a key, tossing it. I reached up and caught it easily.

Thanks! I said with a smile and a wink to the innkeeper, tossing some gold coins onto the counter. I twirled the ring with the key on a finger as I lead the way to the stairs.

"I'll send some food up in a few Raine!" Called the innkeeper as I climbed the stairs. "On the house!"

Thank you~! I called back sweetly.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:31 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna raised a brow as he watched Rakil exchange a few words with the innkeeper. He shuffled up the stairs, turning his head to give her a sly look.

"You've become a real flirt these past few years, haven't you?" Reguna laughed softly. He had noted her tone and her body movements, well aware that Rakil was very much indeed a woman now.

Reguna also noted Rakil's familiarity with this village. He couldn't quite say it was envy. He scratched his head, making it to the top of the stairs. He walked down the hall a bit before turning to Rakil to know which door was theirs.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff