Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rainy Days are here again - Another L5R 4e Campaign? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:23 pm
I can't even afford to get the book until March 1st :/  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 pm
No worries. smile Much of the Clan info is found on the L5R Wikia anyways.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:54 pm
Okay, everyone tell me one feature about Megumi Tenpi. It's your home, after all. Nothing over the top, please. Think geographical feature, but it doesn't have to be.

In the meanwhile, I need to figure out how your clan's school will work. It will be a bushi school, with a focus on dueling and the artisan skill. This is around the time you will start needing to think of character ideas.

As previously mentioned, you will be able to learn your parents' school (one or the other, no 'multiclassing'!). However, there will be a few exceptions. Mainly, the samurai Monk (Togashi, Asako), any Shugenja, and Shinobi (Shosuro) schools will not be handed down that easily (the shugenja/monks because the training really needs to be more formal, the Shinobi because the Scorpion Clan will assassinate your parents if they try). There will probably be a few others that crop up, but for the most part, anything else from the main book will be okay to go.

Likewise, if you wanted to go down a Ronin path, let me know.

I haven't decided on the Himura family bonus or school bonus yet.

For the most part, the only clan I can see you guys having fairly unrestricted access to is the Dragon, your parent clan; the nature of your founding doesn't really strike me as earning the respect of anyone save for the Mantis, but the background specifically states that everything you've gained has been at the cost of the Mantis.

So Dragon Schools will need some minor favors (in the form of only the Different School advantage, plus some roleplaying justification), but mostly everyone else will require more. Tattooed Monks can be on the table, but will requite a big personal investment on your part (not just "k thx for the sweet tats, now bye for a year ill be back when i want more lol").

Ronin, and regular monks are unrestricted.

It will be the standard Rank 1, 40 starting cp set-up for 4e.

Sorry that today kind of got away from me ^-^'

The Clans you will have the hardest times with will likely be Crane, Unicorn, Lion, and Mantis.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm
since it's only fair, I think my choice is going to be a small mountain where an amber mine is located.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:43 pm
PupSage
I can't even afford to get the book until March 1st :/

While I totally support and endorse getting the actual book, so little of it is mechanics. You can totally get by without if, if need be smile

I, or anyone else I'm sure, can walk you through whatever once I make the final decisions on specifics. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:55 am
I would like to play a shugenja. From what I read I am thinking Mantis training with water magic and maybe thunder if I can.

I also like the idea of a earth monk.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:03 am
Geographical Feature:
8 months of the year Megumi Tempi experiences a raining season. The remaining time it experiences a very hot summer period. (This would be similar to Japan, thus perfect rice weather)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:09 pm
Rain Yupa
The Clans you will have the hardest times with will likely be Crane, Unicorn, Lion, and Mantis.

PupSage
I would like to play a shugenja. From what I read I am thinking Mantis training with water magic and maybe thunder if I can.

The Mantis Clan has received your application for training under one of our prestigious shugenja sensei. However, due to your clan champion being a douche and deceiving the Emperor into bestowing the island known as 'Blessing of the Sun' upon your clan, rather than allowing the Moshi family to construct a temple on said island to honor Lord Sun and his previous incarnations, we regret to inform you that we will not be accepting your request at this time.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:50 pm
Just as a warning and I'm probably spoiling how Rain works here....but maybe it would be for the best if some of our geographical locations are things like a castle and a village and something like that?

As for character class......

I request permission to make a Kitsuki trained Courtier.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:24 pm
So... dormant volcano and super-rainy?

Think I'll go with, perfect underwater conditions; warm, nutrient-rich, and perfect for the most delicious fugu the Imperial Family has ever tasted.

Also also, I can kinda understand the Cranes, but why would the Unicorn hate us?

Also also also, still planning to play the bardic duelist, as Haruka's daughter.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:26 pm
Plainsfox
Just as a warning and I'm probably spoiling how Rain works here....but maybe it would be for the best if some of our geographical locations are things like a castle and a village and something like that?

You have a Shiro Himura, and a proper town. Not rickety shacks, but actual buildings. Peasants too.

Mind you, there's Great Clan governers that have more than your whole Minor Clan does, but them's the ropes.

Glad I have you on your toes, though! #TheJoysOfBeingLawfulEvil  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:31 pm
Yeah >< I had this quick flashback to the mapmaking campaign....and our discussion about villages in that one. ><  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:29 pm
Fertile ground around the mount base, for rice farming. The minerals of the earth, flow down from the mountain in streams and just falling dirt over time, which helps it out.

Hey Rain, are you going to have much 'downtime' to allow things like Crafting? Cause it's be annoying to, like, make a blacksmith only to never have a chance to actually man a forge.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:25 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Fertile ground around the mount base, for rice farming. The minerals of the earth, flow down from the mountain in streams and just falling dirt over time, which helps it out.

Hey Rain, are you going to have much 'downtime' to allow things like Crafting? Cause it's be annoying to, like, make a blacksmith only to never have a chance to actually man a forge.

I've played a D&D 3.5 cleric like that before! Took two or three craft feats and never used them once. The DM let me swap them out because he wasn't giving us any down time.

That said, 'probably'. As with many things, it's partly in the players' hands too and I can't make promises because of that. But L5R, unlike D&D, needs down time. That's how you advance in School Rank. That's pretty much the only way to heal too. If there's any combat, unless it's a complete rout of the enemies (or a TPK...), odds are you guys will be hurt and probably won't combat again for at least a few days, but probably longer.

That's not by any design of the storyline I have in mind, it's by L5R in general. If the bushi push themselves, they die. Live by the sword, die by the sword.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:27 pm
As a mental image, instead of trying to imagine Japan, try imagining the Maldives. More tropical. Snow is a myth. Stuff like that.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff