Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Revenge would glance at Kuori, who was heading out the door. "We really can't wait ten minutes?" he would drone, eyes narrowed. If she was heading off to see Redford, wouldn't it be better to see him as a group, and appear more organized? If she was heading off to look around, would she come into danger?

One option would require him leaving now, the other staying armored up, so either way, his options seemed the same, and following her. His decision would be based on her response, but if she were to give none, he would be forced to follow her.

Paladin codes are kind of funny like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:18 pm
As Emberlyn had pointed out, the townhouse was indeed across the way from the entrance to the inn. Kuori could see it from her position near the doorway. It was a single story building, but still the largest building in all of Lupa. A large pair of heavy oak doors big enough even for Kuori marked its entrance.

If one was to enter the building, they would find himself in a large open hall lined with benches. The place is obviously used as a gathering place for the community. At the back of the room is a raised platform that supports several chairs and a podium. The main room would be completely empty, however one would easily spot a door on one of the side walls. Neatly framed on the door were the painted words "Councilman Leader Redford."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:19 pm
((Onlin3 Gam3r will be given 24 hours to post before I temporarily npc his character to move this story forward.))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:19 pm
Seeing the rest of the group get up and make their way for the door, the dragonborn Thava rises and follows suit. Emberlyn waves at the party as they leave her establishment, then she goes over to interact with the other halfling sailors. The off-duty guard continues to read his book in the corner.

As Emberlyn had pointed out, the townhouse was indeed across the way from the entrance to the inn. Kuori could see it from her position near the doorway. It was a single story building, but still the largest building in all of Lupa. A large pair of heavy oak doors big enough even for Kuori marked its entrance.

If one was to enter the building, they would find himself in a large open hall lined with benches. The place is obviously used as a gathering place for the community. At the back of the room is a raised platform that supports several chairs and a podium. The main room would be completely empty, however one would easily spot a door on one of the side walls. Neatly framed on the door were the painted words "Councilman Leader Redford."  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:41 pm
Rain Yupa
Revenge would glance at Kuori, who was heading out the door. "We really can't wait ten minutes?" he would drone, eyes narrowed. If she was heading off to see Redford, wouldn't it be better to see him as a group, and appear more organized? If she was heading off to look around, would she come into danger?

One option would require him leaving now, the other staying armored up, so either way, his options seemed the same, and following her. His decision would be based on her response, but if she were to give none, he would be forced to follow her.

Paladin codes are kind of funny like that.

Kuori shrugged as she stepped outside, "They way I see it we aren't attached and we aren't hitched, do what you want. I'm going to get a crick in my neck if I don't get outside though."

She would wait outside for the others.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:57 pm
Hahahahaa.... yeah... funny thing about being a paladin! Generally, if you're doing it right, you aren't getting what you want.

He would look once more at Emberlyn before he left, telling her, "I suppose I'll be back later. Thank you for your understanding." In the old days, he would make a little quip about not giving his room away or anything, but these aren't those days anymore.

Choosing to remain armored, he would follow Kuori outside, though not hot on her heels by any means. He was her business partner, not her babysitter.

Assuming no one had any bright ideas about side quests or dryad peeping or gods knows what, I assume the lot of adventurers would make their way to the Councilman's door. Whether this communal building was constructed appropriately enough to suit Kuori's stature or not, he figured she wouldn't want to be in here any longer than necessary, so gently he came rapping, and so faintly he came tapping, tapping at his chamber door.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:58 pm
As Revenge approached the door, he could faintly hear two male voices talking, though what they were saying was unintelligible through the thick wooden door. Upon hearing the knocking, the two voices stop but one of them then yells boisterously at the door. "Come in! Come in! Don't be shy. I always have an open door policy, even when it is shut. That wouldn't happen to be one of the Hopkins boys now, would it?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:25 pm
Well, Revenge wasn't a Hopkins boy, and the two he had traveled here with weren't even boys. And Gloom said he was just Gloom. So... probably not?

"My apologies," Revenge would say as he would open the door, still armored up, and unfortunately still armed. "I have not gotten a chance yet to become acquainted with your policies. Also, I would have checked my weapons with someone, but I didn't see the opportunity to do so."

He would rest his halberd against the wall in the main hall, followed by his sword, before entering the chamber at all. "We are adventurers, and we had received word in the city that your town was in need of aid against some kind of threat?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:04 pm
Mr. Redford
User Image

As Revenge opened the door, he is greeted by the sight of a enormous bearded man in his late 40s sitting behind a large desk. The man looked to be over seven feet tall, but it's hard to tell exactly since he is sitting down and he has the wide, stocky build of a dwarf.

Interestingly enough, on the other side of his desk stands a dwarf in armor, much shorter but no less stout. The man behind the desk is still taller sitting down than the dwarf is standing up.

The large man turns to address the Paladin, speaking in a friendly, boisterous manner as if he and Revenge were already acquaintances. "Ah, what a coincidence! Adrik and I were just discussing that. Come in and join the conversation. And don't worry about your weapons--its such a rare occurrence for people to have them here that we don't really have a place for you to check them at. I trust you are not here to cause us harm. To be honest, I was not expecting help to arrive so soon--word got out quicker than I expected. Tell me, what have you heard so far about your mission?"

The large man would continue on after pausing a moment. "Oh, I'm Mr. Redford, by the way, if the plaque on the door didn't already tell you that. I imagine someone must have recommended that you come talk to me."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:08 pm
Gloom was close on Revenge's heels as they entered the office. "More like the entire town." Then he saw the guy and the jokes started coming to mind. "It sounds like you watch over this town pretty well. Nobody seems to talk down to you, or about you. Things are really starting to look up for the citizens around here ... Then the beast showed up."  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Alzzak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:18 pm
While in his elder years, Adrik still looked capable and willing to strike even the hardiest of foes. The scars on the shield told of countless times he had meet steel with steel. The white beard that almost covered his mouth, when closed, was tied into a large single braid that stretched to his chest.

After looking over the travelers, and hearing the jokes, Adrik turned to Mr. Redford and whispered,"Are you sure this is a good idea, sir? No honor, no respect, and they smell."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:14 pm
"Pardon me, but 'our' mission, sir?" Revenge would ask quizzically. "Ah, from my understanding, we were here to see you regarding this 'beast'. I hadn't realized we were already on the case without your approval, sir."

When Gloom spoke up, Revenge would lift one flat gauntleted hand in response. "Please, Gloom, there's no need for that." But his gaze never left Redford's. "Though it is, I suppose, a bitter truth. That serious events have occurred here, which has included loss of life which, by the Gods' grace, has been limited to livestock only. And, ah, property damage? Yet, nothing was being done about this, and word has even spread from your secluded hamlet about these foul events occurring in the dead of night undeterred, prompting us to go investigate on behalf of the populace." He would lower his hand. "Hopefully, that's an adequate summary, sir."

At this point, he would look down at Adrik, blinking a few times, then answering the question for the councilman himself. "True as all that may be, it's probably not a good idea, but I suspect still a more productive one than what an olfactory-gifted dwarf and short-tempered dryad has yielded thus far, sir."

Without missing a beat, he would then introduce himself. "Revenge, Paladin of Sehanine." He would look towards the others, allowing them to introduce themselves. He was not yet comfortable heralding them yet, if they were expectant of him to do so.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:57 pm
Mr. Redford
User Image

Mr. Redford would laugh loudly after Revenge's polite yet sharp response. He would turn to the dwarf and say, "There, you see, Adrik? There are some manners in them after all." Mr. Redford would then turn and face the paladin. "I have heard Poa described in many ways before, but never short-tempered. You lot must have done something to get that impression of her, but considering you are still standing she must not have judged you to be a true threat to the people here. I do not want to bore you with a history lesson, but the people of this town owe everything to that odd little tree girl, so I would be respectful in her presence."

Mr. Redford would pause thoughtfully for a moment and shift back in his rather large chair. "It's always interesting to see how messages change as they are passed from one ear to another. What you say is true, though there are some errors in it. To say nothing is being done about these series of events is a gross misunderstanding of the intricacies of this quaint little town. After all, you are here aren't you? I was the one who authorized a reward for any useful information explaining these strange disappearances. We don't often look to the outside for help, but if this matter does truly have connection to the forest, then it is best that it is handled by someone who has no relation to this town."

Mr Redford leans forward once again, the desk groaning underneath his weight. "And to clarify, you and your comrades were on the case as soon as you entered town and began asking questions. This is simply and open bounty for information on the disappearance of this livestock. If you are seeking legal authority over the citizens of this town to assist in your investigation, I have nothing to offer you. All I can give you is the information we have learned thus far.

"The first occurrence happened almost two weeks ago when a steer disappeared from one of our rancher's herds; a couple days later a milk cow vanished from the yard of a house on the outskirts of town. A few days after that, it was someone's horse. The latest disappearance was just reported to me this morning and must of occurred sometime last night, the Hopkins' prized bull has disappeared from his pen. All these disappearances have occurred on the outskirts of town with no particular pattern. Conventional wisdom would make one think these were simply cases of wild animals attacking from the forest and making off with the livestock, yet none of the typical evidence you would see from this kind of attack have been observed at the scenes. What's more, strange rows of puncture marks have been observed on buildings close to the areas where the animals have disappeared, leading to the nickname you have no doubt heard around town--the Beast of a Thousand Knives."

Mr. Redford leans back in his chair once more. "Now, Mr. Adrik here is one of the finest guards that has ever come to serve this town. He was the one who brought me this information this morning, and I'm sure if you apologize for making fun of his sensitive nose he will take you to where the most recent disappearance occurred. In fact, I would like him to tag along with you all during your investigation. His presence will most likely make the people here more open to your inquires." Mr. Redford gives Adrik a wink.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:52 am
Kuori entered the room next, she had been moving slowly because she had noticed something extremely off about this building. She could stand up straight. That meant that something her size resided here. Maybe a treant under the command of the murderous tree girl. Or a troll. Imagine her surprise when she lumbered into the room and saw somebody not unlike herself. And a dwarf. Her response came in Dwarven, "By the gods, there are some stronger folk in this town. And here I thought I was going to be surrounded by little folk that couldn't fight." She eyed the dwarf and added, "Halflings I mean ..." She pushed her way passed the party and extended a hand to Mr. Redford, switching back to common she said, "Kuori, of the Lightlost tribe. Monster tracker and Hunter."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Onlin3 Gam3r

Dapper Noob

2,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:58 am
Thava followed close on Kuori's heels and allowed the golliath to complete her introduction. "And I am Thava, Student of the Nine Fold Path. I am a psion with the ability to influence emotions." Nobody in this group had know that last bit, might as well air it out.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff